Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 12-09-2008, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats guys. We got smoked by a far better team tonight. For the Bucs sake I hope the rest of the NFL can do what the Bucs did in the first CAR/TB game and hold Williams and J-Stew to under 50 yards.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Congrats guys. We got smoked by a far better team tonight. For the Bucs sake I hope the rest of the NFL can do what the Bucs did in the first CAR/TB game and hold Williams and J-Stew to under 50 yards.
Wouldn't you want them to destroy the rest of the league to make you guys look better? If the rest of the nfl stuff them, it makes the bucs look worse?
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bucs will be fine. You guys embarrassed us at your house, we just returned the favor. Same deal with Atlanta. All three teams could make noise in the playoffs, though I'd worry about Tampa's lack of explosion on offense

And yea, Marshall's flaws are coming out. He's been exposed a bit. He's still one of my favorite players regardless. The effort on-field is there, he just needs to study the playbook a little more imo. Really need him to step up because most of his mistakes are stupid ones while Lucas is just getting beat straight up
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
The Bucs will be fine. You guys embarrassed us at your house, we just returned the favor. Same deal with Atlanta. All three teams could make noise in the playoffs, though I'd worry about Tampa's lack of explosion on offense

And yea, Marshall's flaws are coming out. He's been exposed a bit. He's still one of my favorite players regardless. The effort on-field is there, he just needs to study the playbook a little more imo. Really need him to step up because most of his mistakes are stupid ones while Lucas is just getting beat straight up
I love Lucas, but he just doesn't have it anymore. Marshall I think, is experiencing what a lot of DB's go through in these years. He will connect the dots soon enough. I think he just needs to learn how offenses work more, and know what the opponent is doing. Then will he be able to start shutting guys down.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Smitty was doin some blocking that night. He had some other good blocks as well.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Steve Smith. He does it all.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Kemo had a boot on and was on crutches from what I read yesterday.

I don't see us winning without him, we need his big body in there against the run.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm more concerned about losing Keydrick Vincent than Kemo
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
I'm more concerned about losing Keydrick Vincent than Kemo
I just heard about him. I also heard that Kemo is mostly precautionary and standard procedure.

Hopefully we see them both on the field.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:42 AM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

FirstAndGoal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Normally I would be more worried about losing Kemo but going up against the Giant's pass rush I want our best five o-linemen out there.

Sig by DLS42
FirstAndGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAndGoal View Post
Normally I would be more worried about losing Kemo but going up against the Giant's pass rush I want our best five o-linemen out there.
Kemo is playing from what I have heard, nothing on Vincent. Kind of makes me think he his just fine?
Old 12-18-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

I'm not so sure about Kemo playing. He was in a boot yesterday and Fox talked about how we would be okay if we have to play without him. Either way, I won't be surprised.
And I haven't heard about Vincent except that he didn't practice yesterday. Hopefully we will be fine. We have some more than capable backups, but I still want Vincent out there to hopefully slow down the Giants' pass rush.

Sig by DLS42
Old 12-20-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Kemo is still questionable I think, Vincent is out... for the season.

Nobody is talking about these two injuries, AT ALL in the media.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

No one in the media is really talking about our whole team. They acknowledge the stakes for this game, but when it comes down to who will go to the super bowl, we are never in the discussion. But that's okay with Fox and the rest of the team. They do better when they don't have such high expectations. What we do in the playoffs will be obviously more important than what people think we will do in the playoffs, but it would still be nice to get some recognition. As for the injuries, you're right. Especially the Vincent injury, which it seems like no one cares about, even in the Carolinas. All the talk is about McKenzie and Jacobs even though both have been practicing this week.

Sig by DLS42
Old 12-20-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

As for Kemo, my guess is he will play but will be limited. That's okay with me. Put him in on obvious rushing downs, then put in some other people on the passing downs when he is less effective. We just need him to clog up the middle when they run.

Sig by DLS42
Old 12-21-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just look at last week and how Romo was knocked around by the Giants defensive line, yet the Cowboys were able to defeat the Giants 20-8. If Williams and Stewart do what they do best and Delhomme is economical with the football, this should be another Tampa Bay-type of game for the Panthers.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Well, good game. Few things didn't go our way and I think that its safe to say if they did that we would have won. Playcalling got conservative in the second half, maybe because of the wind, but don't we switch sides every quarter?

We needed more pressure, I can't fault the DB's too much when the defensive line doesn't do anything. Also, I am not surprised they rushed so well without Kemo and then even without Lewis.

We need to take care of business against the Saints, they should have the motivation to do so.

All this means is that we know we can beat them should we get a rematch, and I really don't care where it is.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets hope the NFC south division home record stays in tact for 1 more week...
Old 12-22-2008, 08:24 AM    (permalink
JustJoe2k5
Pro Bowler

JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JustJoe2k5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

DeAngelo really should be headed to his first Pro Bowl this year, it's a shame he wasn't voted in.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

That game reminds me a lot of a late regular season game last year between the Giants and the Pats. Everyone thought the Pats would win, the Giants gave them a run for their money, showed they could stay with them, but still lost in the end. Then, when they met in the playoffs, the Giants won. Hopefully the Panthers can do the same.
What annoys me the most is that there were so many ways we could have won the game. Kasay's kick, the near-int in OT (Gamble would have easily had it if Godfrey hadn't tipped it), the lucky bounce on the muffed punt. You have to give the Giants credit because their running game completely ate us up, but they really were lucky to win that game. If we meet again hopefully some of those plays will go our way.

Sig by DLS42
Old 12-22-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAndGoal View Post
That game reminds me a lot of a late regular season game last year between the Giants and the Pats. Everyone thought the Pats would win, the Giants gave them a run for their money, showed they could stay with them, but still lost in the end. Then, when they met in the playoffs, the Giants won. Hopefully the Panthers can do the same.
What annoys me the most is that there were so many ways we could have won the game. Kasay's kick, the near-int in OT (Gamble would have easily had it if Godfrey hadn't tipped it), the lucky bounce on the muffed punt. You have to give the Giants credit because their running game completely ate us up, but they really were lucky to win that game. If we meet again hopefully some of those plays will go our way.
Normally I would give credit, but they gained 150 of their total rushing yards in the fourth and OT quarters against Gary Gibson, Nick Hayden, and Charles Johnson. I know guys still should have made tackles, but come on, we were decimated at the position.

The game just seemed like we were not supposed to win. That kick was ridiculous, and I think we all know what happens if that wind is just a bit weaker.

This isn't a set back though, this should only motivate us for the next game where we need to stomp the Saints.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Just noticed something on the missed FG attempt by Kasay. He started his progression before the ball was snapped, forcing him to misstep right before he kicked. I think that was the difference on that kick because if he timed it well, it would have been a more full progression and he would have started it to his right a bit more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Just noticed something on the missed FG attempt by Kasay. He started his progression before the ball was snapped, forcing him to misstep right before he kicked. I think that was the difference on that kick because if he timed it well, it would have been a more full progression and he would have started it to his right a bit more.
Right, I noticed as well. It would have still made it had it been normal winds, but perhaps a normal timing and he angles it more to the right.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

So, I'm just looking at what I think we should do in the draft.. avoiding the whole situations of Peppers and Gross, I am just listing what I think we will do regardless of them.

I really think we need to spend the majority of this draft on defense.

Defensive tackle is a must for us, we need depth and we need better rotation. I am fine with Kemo and Lewis being the starters for now, I just want a guy who has a great motor and can get some pressure, sacks aren't all that necessary.

CB, I don't know what kind of defense Fox wishes he could run, would he play his corners more aggressive if he had the pass rush? I have no idea, I think all three of our current players are a lot better when they can really play in someone's face. To me, corners all start to look the same. I really just want a player who can run a 4.4, has decent size, around six foot but is the fiestiest SOB that plays.

This entire draft I would be looking at guys who are just tenacious. I want my defense to be non stop focus and determination.

I would fill my first three picks with DT, OG and CB, and all of them have to be the scrappiest guys. They still have to have good talent but I'm talking about bringing up the level of intensity on this team.

Then, the rest of the draft, the next 3 picks or so, I might pick DT or CB again just to have competition and see if someone can surprise me.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
FirstAndGoal
Rookie

Whew. Luckily Kasay atoned for his earlier miss (and miss in the Giants game). There's a huge difference between the 2 seed and the 5 seed.

Observations from the game:
How the heck did the ref see indisputable evidence that Colston didn't have possession of the football? I probably would have overturned it if they had called it an incomplete pass on the field.

Granted we were playing Drew Brees, but our secondary gives up too many yards. I'm hoping that missing our starting DTs had something to do with that, but thats a stretch.

If Delhomme and DeAngelo and Smitty continue to play like that there's really no stopping our offense. Really the only thing we could have done better was score more TDs instead of settling for field goals.

Overall, I like our chances in the playoffs. We will host Minnesota, Atlanta, or Arizona in two weeks and I think we can beat all of them (though I am hoping we play Arizona). Then if we match up against the Giants, we will have our DTs back hopefully so I don't think theres any way they run the ball as well as they did in the first game. So I'm feeling good about where the Panthers are right now. If our D can get back to the way it was playing earlier in the season we will be really hard to stop.

Sig by DLS42