Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 10-14-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
I think that the game looked like the run Jake had, if not a little uglier. I'll take the win but it really doesn't fix anything.
I agree, and I'll feel the same even if we win our next two games because we should win those games.
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
notacarolinafan
Rookie

notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.

2 in a row!

Sig by BoneKrusher

Panthers / Duke / Tennessee / Clemson / Bobcats

1-4

Formerly known as Smash-N-Dash.
notacarolinafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bad was our Run D? Next time we play I wouldn't be surprised if Delhomme attempts less than 10 passes.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rumor I hear is you guys acquired Tank Tyler for an undisclosed 2010 pick
Old 10-19-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Its true I like the move for you guys I'm a little let down the Chiefs dealt him.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Yup, Charlotte newspapers are reporting it's a 5th rounder.

So now we don't have a first or a fifth, and one other pick (an undisclosed late rounder that was traded to Cleveland for Louis Leonard that is either a 6th or 7th), but we have an extra 6th from Oakland from a draft day trade last year.

Last edited by JPF : 10-19-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
CaliPanthers420
Rookie

CaliPanthers420 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the trade, gives us very good depth at the DT position for the future. Also makes drafting a DT, not as much of a need.

I dont know what this means for Maake Kemoeatu, I bet it depends on if he can come back to full strength.

Kemo
D. Lewis
Tank Tyler
Louis Leonard
Corey Irvin
Nick Hayden
Terrance Taylor (Practice Squad, very solid NT prospect)

Cut Kemo,

NT: Tyler / Leonard / Taylor
UT: Lewis / Irvin / Hayden
(Very solid unit in my opinion and pretty young)

Hollis Thomas is probably a stop gap for this year.
CaliPanthers420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

I'd say it's more likely that Lewis is cut than Kemo. I also have a hard time imagining us keeping 6 DT's on the roster.

And uh, Terrence Taylor was cut from the PS.

Last edited by JPF : 10-20-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What are your thoughts on the Bills? We play each other this weekend, I think Carolina should be able to handle us pretty easily, but our defense is quietly very solid.

I think Carolina wins it 21-17
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

I'd imagine the Panthers will be favored but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills win. Until Jake stops throwing so many to the wrong jerseys it's hard for me to expect us to actually win a game.

Though if you guys don't find a way to shut down Williams & Stewart it might be a very moot point.

Last edited by JPF : 10-20-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF View Post
I'd imagine the Panthers will be favored but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills win. Until Jake stops throwing so many to the wrong jerseys it's hard for me to expect us to actually win a game.

Though if you guys don't find a way to shut down Williams & Stewart it might be a very moot point.
Well, I think all Panther fans know what to expect when we play a bad team with a backup QB starting for them.

Quick question, has there ever been a starting QB with a stat line like this:

4 TDs
12 INTs
2 Fumbles

I really doubt there has even been a QB that was starter for 6 games with that kind of production.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

Jake has 13 ints.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF View Post
Jake has 13 ints.
Oh, I didn't know he added another to the bills game. I didn't get to watch, I'm kind of glad I guess.

There isn't a player in the league that would still start if they had turned the ball over at least once every game and usually more.

It is just hypocritical for John Fox to preach the football style he does and then stick with Jake.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:29 AM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

Yup, he had 3 INT's in the game to bring his total for the year to 13. It was very hard to watch.

I agree with ya man. If Fox sticks with Jake next week I may lose my mind.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Crazy game for us. DeAngelo went wild and Stewart looked good too. Peppers was beastly on defense, too bad he can't do that regularly.

Sherrod Martin was interesting, I don't know how much I want to credit him, but it is definitely something that caught my attention.

Also, Charles Johnson was playing decently I thought.

Who was covering Fitzgerald for the majority? Either way they did a fantastic job.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what do you guys think about playing the Saints? The past few seasons the Panthers have given the Saints a lot of problems... Sean Payton is only 1-5 against John Fox's team as a Head Coach; and the Panthers have won 7 Straight games in the state of Louisiana when facing the Saints.

this is probably the best we've been in a while but we will likely be missing 2 of our best run Defenders.. Fujita, and Ellis will be likely out.. and the Panthers really look like they are starting to get hot running the ball with the DeAngelo Williams, Stewart tandem. Which could be a problem for us considering we've struggled a bit stopping the run the past few weeks. How do you guys see this game playing out?
Old 11-06-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
So what do you guys think about playing the Saints? The past few seasons the Panthers have given the Saints a lot of problems... Sean Payton is only 1-5 against John Fox's team as a Head Coach; and the Panthers have won 7 Straight games in the state of Louisiana when facing the Saints.

this is probably the best we've been in a while but we will likely be missing 2 of our best run Defenders.. Fujita, and Ellis will be likely out.. and the Panthers really look like they are starting to get hot running the ball with the DeAngelo Williams, Stewart tandem. Which could be a problem for us considering we've struggled a bit stopping the run the past few weeks. How do you guys see this game playing out?
I wouldn't worry about your team. To keep up with the Saints we would need at least 300 yards from DeAngelo and Stewart and probably 3-4 TDs and a pretty good 2 TD performance from Jake. It is sad that the latter is less likely than the first.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:12 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Woops, forgot to post after the saints game. Oh well, I'm so busy with school right now I just forgot. I didn't even get to watch it much.

I saw parts of the Falcons game, I'm still swamped but I like seeing DeAngelo and Stewart finally getting out there and making plays. They weren't even getting a chance early in the season.

Jordan Gross is done for the year, we have lost two of our best players back to back weeks, this is really awful for us. Thomas Davis was playing amazing before going down, he was coming into his own and playing lights out this season.

Jake is doing a little better, but its like a house of cards, its just a matter of time till it collapses.

Sherrod Martin playing is still working it seems, he has been the beneficiary of some really poor throws, but he seems to be doing well. I wonder what happens to Godfrey.

I feel like we can already see a bit of a difference in the coverage under Meeks' coaching. Maybe I'm deceiving myself but I feel like they are tightening those windows. Playing Warner, Brees and Ryan were all good tests, we beat two of them so I guess its okay.

We were lucky Turner went out though, but we did lose Gross so I feel like that is a moot point.

Hope Smith's okay, back injuries can be the worst.

I feel like our record is accurate of who we are as a team currently, not great but I feel like they could get on a role. Oh wait, we have the toughest schedule...****.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:40 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this season looks destined for 7-9

really, its funny because the team is better than that but they were undermined by Jake's awful start. That loss to Buffalo is going to look ugly at the end of the year
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
this season looks destined for 7-9

really, its funny because the team is better than that but they were undermined by Jake's awful start. That loss to Buffalo is going to look ugly at the end of the year
Or the Dallas game.

I would easily buy an argument that if we had a consistent QB we could be 7-2, or 6-3
Old 12-15-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is potential that if John Fox gets fired, he may become our DC once again. Just speculation on my part, but I remember the Giants absolutely LOVING John Fox, so it wouldn't surprise me to see us bring him back in that capacity.

I don't really remember much of his schemes when he was our DC though. So I ask you guys, what style of D did Fox coach?

I know Meeks is the DC this year, so forget about this year. Im talking about years past, when Fox was running the show.

Was it mainly man coverage or zone? Did he blitz alot? What kind of blitzes? Did he run a lot of Cover 2? Mostly 4 man rushes? Did he do any line stunting? Did he use various formations or mainly generic fronts? Press coverage or off coverage?

What style of dline and LB did he prefer?

I know I asked a bunch, but Id appreciate your input. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:11 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cheers guys

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Rjspartan
Veteran

Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.

Matt Moore is my hero <3

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.
Rjspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Where did this team come from? The offense is alive, the defense is playing very well and they even look inspired.

I didn't get to watch the game today but I saw the game against the Vikings and they looked pretty good. Matt Moore has proven that without Delhomme turning the ball over all the time we can at least be competitive.

Back to back three touchdown games is something we haven't seen in a long time. Steve Smith is actually getting the ball down field.

Also, Stewart is a monster. Our biggest problem with the run game is getting the ball to both DeAngelo and Stewart.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Rjspartan
Veteran

Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.

Now here is the question. Is Moore the QB of the future or do we need to get another QB to get this team back to the top of the NFC. I personally believe that Moore has what it takes to be a good QB in the NFL, now I'm not saying that he is an elite QB, but i do believe that he could be a notch below that. I think a good comparison is Eli Manning or Matt Schaub. All he needs to do is not make mistakes and he is doing more than that he is making big plays. With Moore we can go back to where we were last year without the mistakes of Delhomme.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.
Rjspartan is offline   Reply With Quote