Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Marc Bulger aka Mr. Under rated

Position: QB
Height: 6-3
Weight: 212
Born: 04/05/1977
College: West Virginia
NFL Experience: 7

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
2001 St. Louis Rams 0 0 0 0 --- 0 --- 0 0 0 0/0 0 0 ---
2002 St. Louis Rams 7 7 214 138 64.5 1826 8.53 58 14 6 12/102 26 6 101.5
2003 St. Louis Rams 15 15 532 336 63.2 3845 7.23 48 22 22 37/288 59 5 81.4
2004 St. Louis Rams 14 14 485 321 66.2 3964 8.17 56 21 14 41/302 56 6 93.7
2005 St. Louis Rams 8 8 287 192 66.9 2297 8.00 57 14 9 26/188 25 3 94.4
2006 St. Louis Rams 16 16 588 370 62.9 4301 7.31 67 24 8 49/366 60 10 92.9
TOTAL 60 60 2106 1357 64.4 16233 7.71 67 95 59 165/1246 226 30 91.3

Bulger might be the most under rated/under appreciated QB in the NFL. I would rank him number 4 on my list of Qbs behind Peyton, Brady and Carson. Very solid arm that can make all the throws and a very accurate arm decent velocity. Is goodfor at least 4,000 yards, 24 tds and under 10 INTS, 62-66 completion %.

Has the weapons around him Holt, Bruce, Bennett, McDaniel, Jackson, Klophenstein, Leonard etc.

Does he have the leadership intangibles to lead the team to the promised land?
I think so, the defense is only getting better. Jackson is an elite back, Holt an elite receiver. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes, but takes chances and attempts throws the normal Qb wouldn't attempt. Reminds me of Trent Green 3-4 years ago.

I think he is good for another 6-9 years if he stays healthy.

Why no love? Product of system?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulger just turned 30, and he's taken a huge beating the last few years standing in the pocket to deliver the ball. I think that Bulger is a top 10 QB in the game today, but he can be taken off his game with pressure and his scrambling abilities are not fantastic. I don't think he has another 6-9 years in him as the unquestioned starter of the Rams. I assume he has another 2-3 years, then they'll draft an heir apparent.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The addition of Brian Leonard could be huge.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure what the actual point of this thread is. Yes, Bulger is underrated, but really, so what?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-07-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I'm not sure what the actual point of this thread is. Yes, Bulger is underrated, but really, so what?
Pretty much. Not to mention that Bulger hasn't even been able to match what Kurt Warner did with the Rams, and as soon as he left that supporting cast he became a career backup again.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Ummmm, ummmm I don't know. Maybe the reasons why he is the msot underrated player in the NFL. Mike Vrabel most underrated Defensive player.
Quote:
Old 05-07-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Reasons why Bulger is underrated:

1. People used to talk way too much about Martz being a genius. This meant he took a back seat.

2. Bulger replaced Kurt Warner. Warner had more impressive numbers in a short period of time under Vermiel and Martz. Bulger is more steady.

3. Bulger cannot run a lot, and he doesn't make a lot of the big crazy highlight reel plays. Not a lot of media exposure.

4. Like it or not, St. Louis is a small media market, so they don't get the attention.

5. St. Louis isn't winning games. When you don't win a ton of games, you lose credibility as a top QB.

6. Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce are not crazy media-savvy guys. They do their jobs, catch the ball, and go home. They don't do the stuff like CJ and TO. That leads to less attention.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

yes, that is what i was eluding to.
Quote:
Old 05-07-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have him as my rated #5 Quarterback, only behind Manning, Brady, Palmer, Brees. Actually, I think if you asked most people they would all have him in the top-8 at least. So I don't think he is that underrated, per say.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Yeah Brees is toe to toe wiht hiim in my opinion. Brees could easily supplant hiim though. Brees is just dirty.
Quote:
Old 05-07-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
JCshutEmDown
Rookie

JCshutEmDown hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
5. St. Louis isn't winning games. When you don't win a ton of games, you lose credibility as a top QB.
Bingo. But it's not Bulger's fault, he does his part and then some to win games.
JCshutEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Mike Vrabel most underrated Defensive player.
Yeah and GRF is the most underrated poster.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Yeah and GRF is the most underrated poster.
Valid!!! :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So are you a KC or St. Louis fan?
Old 05-07-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Pretty much. Not to mention that Bulger hasn't even been able to match what Kurt Warner did with the Rams, and as soon as he left that supporting cast he became a career backup again.
Well Warner had the most dangerous weapon in the NFL, Marshall Faulk, in his prime. He also had Isaac Bruce in his prime, a younger Holt. Yada yada yada.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Byron Leftwich is the most under rated giraffe on ice in the NFL.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Chiefs but I enjoy the Rams. I made someones sig!!!
Quote:
Old 05-07-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ha! Bulger is only 6'3" that is clearly shorter than 6'6".

although Marc Bulger has a perfect pornstar name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bulger is a good QB, but people say he's underrated so much, that its not really even true anymore.

He is a product of the system to an extent, and he has a GREAT supporting cast. I dont see him leading drives to win games or anything like that either (although I admittedly dont watch the Rams every week)

If I had to rank him among QBs, I would probably put him somewhere from 9 to 11
Old 05-07-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post

Marc Bulger has a perfect pornstar name
+ Reputation.

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitoSheppard View Post
+ Reputation.
Dude, you do this in every thread you post in. Your rep doesn't count, don't bother to say "+rep" and don't bother to give the rep in the first place.

Oh wait, if that was the case you would have 100% homer-only posts. Nevermind, continue post whoring and looking like an idiot.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

under rated, no

90 of his completions went to Steven Jackson(not hard to throw a ball 10 yards)
93 of his completions went to Torry Holt(now he is under rated)

so over half of his completions are because of them, and Bruce & Curtis aren't to shabby of 3rd and 4th options, i'm not buying into the product of the system thing but he could & should be putting up top 3 numbers

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
I think Bulger is a good QB, but people say he's underrated so much, that its not really even true anymore.

He is a product of the system to an extent, and he has a GREAT supporting cast. I dont see him leading drives to win games or anything like that either (although I admittedly dont watch the Rams every week)

If I had to rank him among QBs, I would probably put him somewhere from 9 to 11
I want to see your actual 1-12 QB rankings, just for my edification.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

If McNabb isnt in your top five you are cleary insane... talk about injuries etc... when healthy to claim bulger is half the player McNabb is, is quite clearly lunacy.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Who has played the most recent full season. No if healthy, gimme Bulger on my team to lead my team for a complete season.
Quote: