Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 04-15-2010, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBillsFan View Post
I've read a couple rumors that Seattle may offer their 60th overall pick for him.
I've heard that too, but I highly doubt it. I would be estatic if it happened, and say do it, if the offer is on the table, but until it happens or the Bills say they have turned the offer down (which I would lose a boat load of respect for Nix and Co. if they did), I simply can not put any faith into the rumors.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:16 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
If there was one thing we had on the rest of the division, it was a kickass secondary. They've certainly been doing work to negate that.
Not directly, but the point is I'm quite upset that Marshall is in the division, and Holmes isn't exactly pleasing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
No worries, McGee, The Sex is here to shut 'em down

How could you be worried?
Who's worried about Moss, Welker, Holmes, Keller, Crotchery, Marshall, and the like? Not Jarius Byrd, and obviously not the sex...
Old 04-17-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hopefully Eric Berry drops down to the 9th pick, maybe Andy Reid would make a play for him. We could potentially score their 24th, 37th and 105th pick for him, which could go a long way in filling some holes.

1st|24th) Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho (BPA, don't forget that Hangman played RT in college)
2nd|37th) Vladimir Duccasse, OT, UMass (An absolute road grader, powerful at the point of attack, could benefit from pro coaching)
2nd|41st) Cam Thomas, NT/DE, North Carolina (Another lineman in the mix with Stroud, Edwards & Williams)
3rd|72nd) Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU (Whatever, Walter said he would fall well past this pick so I'm on it, lol.)
4th|105th) Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford (Yup, I've lost my mind, but hey this is a fantasy draft and Walter said he would be here for us!)
4th|107th) Jevan Snead, QB, Ole Mississippi (Not a bad spot to take Snead, strong arm and could throw through all the elements at RWS.)
5th|140th) Riley Cooper, WR, Florida (I've always loved him as a prospect.)
6th|178th) Vince Oghobaase, DL, Duke (Another big lineman in the mix.)
6th|192nd) Jay Ross, DL, ECU (See up above.)
7th|209th) Matt Kopa, OT, Stanford (I've actually seen him play quite a bit, he could be a steal here.)
7th|216th) Naaman Roosevelt, WR, Buffalo (Seen him play a couple times before, worth a flier in the 7th.)

Now, this is probably my last Bills mock here and I understand this may be a bit unrealistic, but hey, there is a chance that it happens if Berry slides to us, so anyways here is the projected depth chart for this draft:

QB: Edwards, Brohm, Snead
RB: Jackson, Lynch, Gerhart
FB: McIntyre
WR: Evans, Jackson
WR: LaFell, Hardy
TE: Nelson
LT: Duccasse
LG: Levitre
C: Wood
RG: Iupati
RT: Hangartner

LE: Kyle Williams
NT: Cam Thomas
RE: Dwan Edwards
ROLB: Schobel
ILB: Davis
ILB: Posluszny
LOLB: Maybin
CB: McKelvin
CB: McGee
NCB: Florence
FS: Byrd
SS: Whitner
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:41 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if I'd be able to handle taking two OL with our first two picks and still feeling like we have 0 starting tackles on the roster.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be pissed. I am preparing myself for being an extremely angry man Thursday night. I feel very strongly that we are going OT at 9 and trading back into the 1st for Tebow.

Passing on Clausen would kill me. Trading back for Tebow (although I have undying love for the man) will piss me off even more. If we pass on Clausen it damn well better be to land Jake Locker next year (and pair him with a decent young LT) because he is the man.

Last edited by Rob S : 04-19-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Guys, I got my beer all ready for Thursday so if the draft doesn't go as planned, well I'll be bombed before the 9th pick anyways, HAHAH!!
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBillsFan View Post
1st|24th) Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho (BPA, don't forget that Hangman played RT in college)
2nd|37th) Vladimir Duccasse, OT, UMass (An absolute road grader, powerful at the point of attack, could benefit from pro coaching)
2nd|41st) Cam Thomas, NT/DE, North Carolina (Another lineman in the mix with Stroud, Edwards & Williams)
3rd|72nd) Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU (Whatever, Walter said he would fall well past this pick so I'm on it, lol.)
4th|105th) Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford (Yup, I've lost my mind, but hey this is a fantasy draft and Walter said he would be here for us!)
4th|107th) Jevan Snead, QB, Ole Mississippi (Not a bad spot to take Snead, strong arm and could throw through all the elements at RWS.)
5th|140th) Riley Cooper, WR, Florida (I've always loved him as a prospect.)
6th|178th) Vince Oghobaase, DL, Duke (Another big lineman in the mix.)
6th|192nd) Jay Ross, DL, ECU (See up above.)
7th|209th) Matt Kopa, OT, Stanford (I've actually seen him play quite a bit, he could be a steal here.)
7th|216th) Naaman Roosevelt, WR, Buffalo (Seen him play a couple times before, worth a flier in the 7th.)
"Hangman played RT in college", yea and has played IOL since day 1 in the NFL. Hang. at RT would be epic fail.
Duccasse, okay a RT so Jamon is the LT then? I'd rather get a LT and put Jamon at RT.
I don't think he is worth that pick and I think Troup will be the better player.
LaFell, good.
Gerhart will suck in the NFL as all white RBs.
Snead, while I like in this deep draft I don't touch him till the 5 at the min.
Cooper, good pick.
Oghobaase, 34 DE okay.
Ross, DE or NT? with stroud, k.williams (maybe), edwards, johnson, oghobasse we have enough 34 ends. and at nt if we get cam then kyle will be the back-up imho. so i don't see 3 dls.
Kopa, meh its the 7th.
Roosevelt, 3 WRs?
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Ben is on the block for a top 10 ten pick.....the Bills have said no according to Schefter.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Gerhart will suck in the NFL as all white RBs.
really?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Today is gonna suck. I mean, it will be awesome because its the the draft, but its going to suck because the Bills will blow it.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is my draft prediction as of right now...

#9 - CJ Spiller
trade back up into the bottom of the 1st for Tebow...

do I want this to happen?
no; but I see this playing out. I dont know why

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 04-22-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Today is gonna suck. I mean, it will be awesome because its the the draft, but its going to suck because the Bills will blow it.
I just keep thinking to myself, new administration, same old crap?? Could they pass on Clausen, for a NT with a faulty motor, or a tackle with gator arms, only to trade up for Tebow later in the draft... Now for the good news; I found a store that sells Molson Canadian in this god foresaken state and should at least be in a good mood to watch this debacle, and plan on the highlight of my night to be a dream involving a fluffer-nutter sandwhich eating Mel Kiper Jr. after he constantly reminds people how disfunctional the Bills franchise is despite the new direction they are moving in with management... At least its the draft....
Old 04-22-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crap, guys. I didn't want this to happen, but I've gotten to the point where I'm really rooting against taking a certain player. So welcome to Buffalo, Dan Williams.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Thoughts?
IMO, this basically ensures that Lynch will be traded.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow...

no clausen?
Old 04-22-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Trade Up! Right ******* now! It is so damn obvious. Clausen and Spiller would be full of win.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Beg and plead and give our older brothers in the AFCE whatever they want, just get us ahead of Minnesota!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

trade with NE please!
we NEED to get in front of Minnesota. :(

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a ******* RB **** me. unless we get a 3 for Lynch this blows balls.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

No "unless" about it. It was not the direction we should have gone in. Lynch definitely needs to go.

I mean, I know I'm going to end up loving CJ Spiller on the Bills, I've always liked him. But I already love Fred Jackson and not much else. Freddy isn't the youngest guy and not as dynamic as CJ, I know, but I just can't bring myself to like this.

But we still have a chance to make it all better.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 04-22-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

If somehow we get Clausen in the 2nd, we instantly have an amazing draft. If we don't, it sucks.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

yea don't get me wrong Spiller is a great back and if we had a need at RB it would be a great pick.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

If we can get a 3rd for Lynch....
then move up to #33...

1.) Spiller
2.) Clausen
3.) LT/NT

I'd like it.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-23-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Okay, so i'm pissed. But there is hope. The football Gods have thrown us a bone all the FO now needs to do is bite. Somehow JC is in the second round and Tebow is not(Thank stupidity and the Broncos!) If we do not do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE at this point to ensure that we get Clausen.... F***. I don't know. Riot maybe?
Old 04-23-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
If somehow we get Clausen in the 2nd, we instantly have an amazing draft. If we don't, it sucks.
Amen... Although I still think we could get some other players in the second and it would still be great... Cody would really solidify the run D for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
If we can get a 3rd for Lynch....
then move up to #33...
What about Lynch and 41 for 33, Im in... :D
1.) Spiller
2.) Clausen
3.) LT/NT

I'd like it.
I'd like it too, big time win for this franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
Okay, so i'm pissed. But there is hope. The football Gods have thrown us a bone all the FO now needs to do is bite. Somehow JC is in the second round and Tebow is not(Thank stupidity and the Broncos!) If we do not do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE at this point to ensure that we get Clausen.... F***. I don't know. Riot maybe?
I hope they do... My friend from Denver called when Tebow put the hat on, before the actual pick, virtually in tears!! Lol, I couldnt help but laugh at him :p It certainly should be out of the realm of possibility that the Ralph is burnt to the ground in the full court press is not made...

Agreed boys, I thought for sure the Minny trade was with the Bills for Clausen... If we trade up (41 and a pick next year?), for Clausen and some how manage an LT or NT (Washington and Woods?, Maybe Josesph, then Washington if possible) of some value later in the draft, with Clausen and Spiller, I would be a happy fluffer-nutter... Thought; What if we can get a Cody, or C. Brown, with our natural pick, and end up with a Locker or Mallett type next year?? Ideally I want Clausen, but just a "what if" thought...