Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 04-23-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default "Spiller Time"

We have "Miller Time" and now "Spiller Time"... If its not Clausen in round 2, who do you think?? Saffold? Brown? Cody? What direction would you go in if there is not trade up...
Old 04-23-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spiller time makes me want to commit some killer time

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha, Poz, are you making reference to the Sunday paper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Hello? Is anybody still here? (Cricket noises)

I hope that none of you guys went off the deep?

Really, it's okay. I'm sure there is a pefectly logical reason for passing on Clausen twice.....
Old 04-23-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troup, good pick my #2 NT.
Alex, good pick my #2 34 DE.

Very happy day 2.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Troup, good pick my #2 NT.
Alex, good pick my #2 34 DE.

Very happy day 2.
Being forced to rebuild the defense because we switched schemes when our OL is a sieve leaves me cold. We are simply in a constant mess with no light at the end of the tunnel. It seems to me that we are going backward.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DE - Edwards, Johnson, Carrington?
NT - Troup, Williams
DE - Stroud, McCargo

am I missing anyone?

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Last edited by Bills2083 : 04-23-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Being forced to rebuild the defense because we switched schemes when our OL is a sieve leaves me cold. We are simply in a constant mess with no light at the end of the tunnel. It seems to me that we are going backward.
You know, I used to disagree with your pessimism about the organization's direction but I have to totally agree with you now.

It's not that I do not like the picks, I do believe that they will all contribute this year, but there were many better picks that could have been made especially along the offensive line.

Last edited by ruthlessrussian : 04-23-2010 at 10:12 PM.
ruthlessrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
DE - Edwards, Carrington
NT - Troup, Williams
DE - Stroud, Johnson

am I missing anyone?
fixed imho.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

also all we need is a LT on the O-Line, Jamon I think will be a good RT.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:25 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
also all we need is a LT on the O-Line, Jamon I think will be a good RT.
and a francise QB.... and a reliable second receiver that he can get the ball to....

Ugh, I should stay positive. Okay. So Bruce Cambell is there. Honestly, I thought that bringing him in would be a bad idea, but that was in the second round; in the fourth i'm all for making him the pick. If he is gone we might as well stick to the defensive philosophy and take Eric Norwood. Also Skelton in the fifth or sixth round, if he is still there, would be sweet. Although Jarrett Brown might be more appealing to Gailey's style of offense. OH GOD, watch, Gailey's going to want to bring in Juice Williams... F***! f***! f***!
Old 04-24-2010, 12:33 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

yea we need a QB but the Bills and many other teams passed on Jimmy for a reason, what it was IDK but it must have been good. Yea we also need a #2 WR but Nix wants to see what Hardy can do, remeber he was raw coming out only having to run a few routes in college then hurt his knee, I still think he can be a good #2 but this is his make or break year and I like S.Johnson.
Cambell IDK, Nix wants guys that have done it with pads on and he hasn't done that. I'd be okay with it but I don't think he is the pick.
Norwood is the pick imho, he has done it for 4 years and done it at a high level.
Skelton, would love him in R5 or 6. Brown, eh, R6 I'd be fine i guess. Juice Williams f to the u to the c to the k no.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Ha those last two were a joke. I was trying to think of picks that would piss me off even more.

I would agree about Cambell but we have nothing at LT which is ridiculous to say considering that it is imo the second most important position in football. Good teams have good blind side protectors. We don't. If we can't figure something out now we will be picking in the top 5 next year for sure.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:17 AM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mardy Gilyard tomorrow, gogogogoogo!!
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:17 AM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Btw, somebody pos rep me, you guys are ridiculous, at least put me in green rep.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:12 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
Ha those last two were a joke. I was trying to think of picks that would piss me off even more.

I would agree about Cambell but we have nothing at LT which is ridiculous to say considering that it is imo the second most important position in football. Good teams have good blind side protectors. We don't. If we can't figure something out now we will be picking in the top 5 next year for sure.
How? A good NT and a good DE piss you off?

Last 3 SB teams and thier LT.
NO-Jermon Bushrod, avg. at best was really really bad per profootballfocus.
IND-Charlie Johnson, meh avg. at best.
PIT-Max Starks, decent.
ARZ-Mike Gandy, yea that same Gandy that played here.
NYG-David Diehl, meh.
NE-Matt Light, best OT by far in this group.
IND-Tony Ugoh, blows.
CHI-Forget who thier LT was so he can't be good.

Yes LT is important but it isn't the #2 thing on a team and that shows it.

And that is when we get our QB then, Locker or Mallet.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:42 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Yes it can piss me off because we have a. no francise qb and b. no francise left tackle.

I like that we are making sure our defense is going to be able to transition into an effective 34 unit but we did it at the expense of our offense, which will once again struggle.

I believe in a simple philosophy when it comes to football. First you get a francise signal caller. Second you build an oline around him. Third you get players that can get after the opposing QB. In other words in order to win teams need an effective QB and they need to win in the trenchs on both sides of the ball. This to me is a winning football formula.

And yes LT, or the QB's blind side protector is the second most important position in football. To be fair if the entire offensive is good then a team might be able to get away with not having a great LT but that doesn't lessen the position. You're arguement about the SB teams is noted but aside from the Bears (Grossman, Ha) all of those teams had/have francise QB's. If you give a francise QB time to throw, which a great LT helps to ensure, your offense is usually effective at scoring points. Although the saints may had Bushrod in for a hurt Williams, their entire right side of their line were pro bowlers last season (for what thats worth today). Therefore, they could then dedicate more to defended Bree's blind side, assumably. But again, this doesn't mean that by not having a great LT wouldn't jhave made them better. The Ravens had Ogden, the Rams had Pace, the Colts Tarik Glenn(not Ugoh btw), the Seahawks had Jones(with Hutch flanking him), and when Light was younger you better believe he was anchoring that Patriots line. Just how many sacks did the Panthers dline have in that superbowl?

Francise QB+ Francise LT+ Pass Rush = win. Unfortunately we do not have this.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Hmmm... So after all is said and done I don't hate this draft. I think that passing on Jimmy twice is really going to bite us in the ass but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

As far as our offense goes:
Cambell would have been a complete steal in the forth, but Wang is serviceable and Calloway is a bit of steal himself in the 7th. Basically, it's nice that we atleast addressed the oline and that we got midround prospects with a fifth and a seventh. Let's hope it pans out. Also, Wang, from a historical perspective, is a pretty sweet pick. His marketability as the first chinease decendent player in the NFL is intriguing
Easly is another latter round guy the could actually blossem with us. All the tools are there, he just needs to stop using his body to trap balls. Also. there is atleast one draft site reporting Namaan Roosevelt to the bills as a udfa! Win for the hometown guy's if it's true.
Levi Brown? Maybe Gailey figures he can groom him into a solid backup. As with Easly, the physical tools are all there, he can make solid throws, but he definitely needs some coaching.
To finish off with the offense, we did draft someone by the name of Spiller.... Dynamic yes. I'm sure that I will love him as a Bill but this pick still bugs me...

On the defensive side:
Win! Simply because we didn't use a single pick on a player for the secondary. It's about f'ing time! Anyway...
Troup wouldn't have been my pick but it's not a bad pick (disregarding that we passed on Clausen or even Veldheer at that point). Carrington was a solid pick in the third. But what really saved this draft for me was Arthur Moats in the 6th. I believe it was Poz51 that called this pick (I think as a 4th rounder no?). If I had to bet the farm on whether or not this guy will make an impact down the road the Bills I would do it. I really do believe this guy will make it in the league. The SDSU end should at least give us some good depth.

Final Thoughts: Not as bad of draft as thought we were about to have but passing on Clausen twice makes me sick. I still figure we will be picking top5 next year, both our defense and offense will be going through transition, and it's to be expected. An early cheers in honor of Mr. Locker, a future Bill!
Old 04-24-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This draft seemed to have as many WNY roots as ever, so congrats to Rob Gronkowski, Mike Williams, James Starks, and Doug Worthington for getting drafted and my boy Naaman Roosevelt for getting picked up by his hometown Bills. Chris Gronkowski was also signed after the draft.
Williams coming out of the Buffalo Public Schools would be especially exciting, if he wasn't such an idiot. Congrats nonetheless.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
This draft seemed to have as many WNY roots as ever, so congrats to Rob Gronkowski, Mike Williams, James Starks, and Doug Worthington for getting drafted and my boy Naaman Roosevelt for getting picked up by his hometown Bills. Chris Gronkowski was also signed after the draft.
Williams coming out of the Buffalo Public Schools would be especially exciting, if he wasn't such an idiot. Congrats nonetheless.
James Starks in Green and Gold! <3

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
James Starks in Green and Gold! <3
I met his little brother at a track meet yesterday.
awesome, I know. hahaha

But he was pretty good though.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-25-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so the interior is set with Levitre, Wood, and Calloway

is Calloway gonna play RG? I heard he is getting bumped inside?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Calloway is switching to the interior.
Highly doubt he starts right away, though.

Will most likely be Levitre, Hangartner, Wood (interior-wise)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-26-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everybody Wang Chung Tonight?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Calloway is switching to the interior.
Highly doubt he starts right away, though.

Will most likely be Levitre, Hangartner, Wood (interior-wise)
+1 .