Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 04-27-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on Wood's recovery? Will he be ready to start right away? If so, I think the interior of the line could be OK.....we are still going to get murdered on the outside, but the interior line could be decent. Lets hope Spiller will run it up the middle and doesnt bounce everything outside bc that will be an epic fail with our current line imo.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
haha, Poz, are you making reference to the Sunday paper?
Yeah, I thought it was mildly clever, and hopefully Spiller Time is every bit as good for the Bills as Miller Time has been for the Sabres.

Deion Sanders
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Being forced to rebuild the defense because we switched schemes when our OL is a sieve leaves me cold. We are simply in a constant mess with no light at the end of the tunnel. It seems to me that we are going backward.
Agreed, we are rebuilding upon a rebuilding, I still contend that the defense was almost fully rebuilt, it just needed a little tweeking. Offensively I will get too... I know you have to go backward in order to move forward, but we are constantly moving backward too much, with minimal if any movement forward, then moving backward again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Troup, good pick my #2 NT.
Alex, good pick my #2 34 DE.

Very happy day 2.
Red I am gonna disagree with you on this. IMO Troup is a third round guy, I had Cody and Joseph ranked higher, and find it odd that two teams that historically hit on defensive linemen in the draft, the Giants and the Ravens took those two guys wasting little time to do so. The real stinger for me is I had Cody going to the Bills as my #2 NT until the Chargers trade, and he ends up going to Baltimore, hmmm... Coincidence, we pass on him, and they jump on him? I think not ;) Troup has potential and they are both essentially run stoppers, but Cody to me would have been a better pick, and Baltimore scooping him up, only strengthens my conviction... Time will tell. Passing on Clausen leads me to believe that they are indeed looking towards next years draft, and I would think they are already targeting Locker, who fits about everything they have stated that they want in a QB, IMO...
I like Carrington alot, and when the pick came up, I thought it would be between Carrington and Jerry, with taking Spiller in the first, why not take Jerry to push people out of the way for the fancy new toy? Maybe they see Jerry as a guard? I dont know, either way I can live with Carrington, I think he'll be a beast for us in the future, but again, why pass on the right tackle who enhances the run game, and having signed D. Edwards take a depth player over some who could start next season if not this upcoming year? Coincidence again that the Dolphins who's coaches strength is offensive line took Jerry with the very next pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
Hello? Is anybody still here? (Cricket noises)

I hope that none of you guys went off the deep?

Really, it's okay. I'm sure there is a pefectly logical reason for passing on Clausen twice.....
The reason has to be that they are looking forward to next years draft, and landing Locker, Mallat or Luck, in what should be a very deep quarterback class. Apparently they also just did not like Jimmy, simply put... Personally I would have prefered to start rebuilding this year at quarter back or left tackle, especially prior to the fifth round, but Ed Wang looks like a gamer :roll: Calloway is most likely converting to guard, and McShay likes Levi Brown, but he also loved Maybin (vomit)...

p.s. I almost lost my santity the very second I heard the "T" sound come out of the TV, instead of the "J", fortunatly for me my son happen to spit up all over me at that very second...

Deion Sanders
Old 04-28-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
Hmmm... So after all is said and done I don't hate this draft.
I dont either, but I certainly dont love it by any means...

As far as our offense goes:
Cambell would have been a complete steal in the forth,
I actually agree with this, as that is around where I would put his value.
but Wang is serviceable
I gonna disagree, Wang is a hard worker with good athleticism, but he is terribly raw, he is very weak, can not anchor, and gets run over regularly, has some bad habits technically, his run blocking is severely limited, and his football IQ for me is questionable... For me he is another LT project who is 2-3 years from getting off the practice squad.
and Calloway is a bit of steal himself in the 7th.
I agree, I think the guy can play just about any where, and should be able to see the field on the right side of the line.
Also, Wang, from a historical perspective, is a pretty sweet pick.
This is nice and all, but on the field I dont see him helping us.
His marketability as the first chinease decendent player in the NFL is intriguing. I cant see him helping on the field thought, would have much rather prefered a tackle like Harewood, Newhouse, or even Washington myself

Easly is another latter round guy the could actually blossem with us. All the tools are there, he just needs to stop using his body to trap balls.
Unfortunatly that is one of the hardest habits to break in a wide reciever... He's a big time boom or bust type prospect, I love his size and speed, I think he needs help running routes, and outside of J. Murphy and D. McCourty there was only one other Big East Corner drafted and he was from Uconn, so he did not play against top corners consistantly, he did however perform well against the best teams on the schedule for the most part.
Levi Brown? Maybe Gailey figures he can groom him into a solid backup. As with Easly, the physical tools are all there, he can make solid throws, but he definitely needs some coaching.
Could Levi Brown be the seventh round version of Tom Brady? We'll see, another project type...
To finish off with the offense, we did draft someone by the name of Spiller.... Dynamic yes. I'm sure that I will love him as a Bill but this pick still bugs me...
I dont mind the pick, and I think the pick itself caused Jacksonville to panic, and several other teams, because things got real wierd afterward. I like his personality and character as opposed to Lynch, but I am not sure we have, or drafted the tackles to support him, and that is what bugs me...

On the defensive side:
Win! Simply because we didn't use a single pick on a player for the secondary.
Overall I liked the draft from a defensive perspective, still would have liked to take Cody or Joseph over Troup.
But what really saved this draft for me was Arthur Moats in the 6th. I believe it was Poz51 that called this pick (I think as a 4th rounder no?). If I had to bet the farm on whether or not this guy will make an impact down the road the Bills I would do it. I really do believe this guy will make it in the league.
This was the only pick that I kept saying, "Take Moats, take Moats..."
and they did, causing me to actually jump out of my seat! My second year down here, I spent some time helping coach at C.H.S. and worked with Moats a little, I remembered him listening well and taking in everything,
actively, especially considering he was the "Big Man" on the squad. Nice as could be, and very athletic, the J.M.U. recruiters were all over him and with good reason, the kid turns "it" on the second the whistle blows. My second to last projection had him going to Buffalo at that pick in the sixth round, I moved him up to Pittsburgh in my last mock. I also have complete faith that once he adjusts to the size and speed of the NFL game he will be a James Harrison type player on the pass rush, and he plays with that type of intenstiy. I would not be surprised if he contributed right away on pass rush downs, strictly as a pass rusher. I know some see him as an ILB, but I see him as an edge guy myself.

The SDSU end should at least give us some good depth.
Solid all around player, no bones with this pick.

Final Thoughts: Not as bad of draft as thought we were about to have but passing on Clausen twice makes me sick. I still figure we will be picking top5 next year, both our defense and offense will be going through transition, and it's to be expected. An early cheers in honor of Mr. Locker, a future Bill!
I am of the same opinion, I really think passing on Clausen in the second round spoke volumes about what they are thinking in regards to next year, honestly I think next years QB class has the potential to be an epic, once in a generation type. Although I still would contend that unless Bell or Meredith (Meredith is who I would put my money on) develops into a starting caliber left tackle, I think we will be talking about LT as a need two years from now... Green to me is garbage, and we will certainly need a replacement at right tackle in the very near future. I heard a rumor out of Baltimore that there is a possibilty that Jared Gaither could be had for a second round pick next year, I would do it my self even though I think it'll be a high second round pick, any thoughts on that if it were possible?

Deion Sanders
Old 04-28-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else looking forward to what Maybin can do at rush LB?
Old 04-28-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Granted that seems the be the only position he can play, yes

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yup.

I'd really like to know who's starting on the outside. Don't leave me now, Schobel. We need Aaron Power forcing balls into McCoverage!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I think Aaron will be back.....its just a hunch tho.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Yup.

I'd really like to know who's starting on the outside. Don't leave me now, Schobel. We need Aaron Power forcing balls into McCoverage!
Quote:
I think Aaron will be back.....its just a hunch tho.
Very clever...

I think so to, nice little nest egg for retirement Aaron, just come on back...

Deion Sanders
Old 04-30-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://audio.wgr550.com/m/audio/3053...t&seek=651.229

Who the hell is Sullivan?
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like Sullivan. But at least he's not Bucky Gleason.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 04-30-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just need something to procrastinate so I figured I check in here. I lived in Buffalo for two years, moved away last year, and so have been keeping an eye on the bills as much as I could.

I gotta say I really like this draft for the Bills, I like Clausen and think he'll be a good solid starter for a long time and on a stacked offense like Carolina's he should do well, but I completely understand a team that's just starting its rebuild waiting to grab some with more talent like Locker next year. Thus I understand the Spiller pick, kid could be the next Faulk or CJ and if that's how good he becomes then this pick is completely validated. I would've taken Dan Williams or Anthony Davis in their situation but apparently I like DW more than most of the NFL and I understand how Davis' dedication concerns could worry a team in the middle of a rebuild like the Bills. Bulaga's a fine OT but this time me and the NFL boys saw eye to and didn't see a special franchise caliber guy.

In Round two I love the Troup pick, if your convinced Clausen isn't the guy you want you don't take him no matter how much of a "steal" he becomes unless it's day three. I like Troup a lot and think he'll be a longtime starter. He's got great bulk and can really anchor well but most impressively of all he gets off the line very well for such a massive guy, I wanted him or Joseph to become Giants. He's raw, but in a year or two he should be starting and anchoring a new rejuvenated run D. Love this pick

Carrington is another Lineman who'll be a long term starter that'll also be a big part of a new run D. Although a guy like Bruce Campbell at this point would've made sense to give yourself a potential franchise LT, but I like going with the safer project along the DL in Carrington. These past two picks will help Aaron Maybin become the monster he can become in this scheme. The Offense still needs a QB and LT but at this point you're not likely to get a top caliber starter so fixing the D makes absolute sense and for the 3-4 transition that DL needed a serious boost just like the O. Another very good pick.

Easley is a nice project pick who can sit and develop while Hardy gets the shot to be the #2. If both work out sweet, if Hardy doesn't you've got Easley with a year of polish to take a shot at filling the spot.

Wang's alright, he's a project who very could end up playing LG, I would've taken one of the small school RT with eventual starting potential at this point in case Meredith fails to put things together or underachieves, worst case senario you have fine depth and a potential Guard. Very meh on this pick should be a waste once they add a high second round LT next year to go with Locker.

Moats is a good OLB to have, polish the kid and at best you have a starter to pair with Maybin or a quality rotational guy. In round 6 this is a very good pick.

Calloway is intriguing at RG and could give you quite the interior OL which will mean a lot to your running game which in turn will make life easier on next year's rookie QB and LT.

Overall this is a draft that I think will play a big part in your future as Wang is the only pick I don't think has a future on this team, or at least much of one, and although you don't have a QB and LT you can't always fix everything in one year and I do like the QBs they'll have a shot at next year a lot more than I do Clausen.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Moats is a good OLB to have, polish the kid and at best you have a starter to pair with Maybin or a quality rotational guy. In round 6 this is a very good pick.
The current plan is to play Moats at ILB, but a move to a somewhat more familiar role on the outside wouldn't take much. Danny Batten was a guy that you didn't mention, he's up on the outside. I'd certainly like someone to emerge during the year. Chris Kelsay is an uninspiring starter and probably not destined to be on this team much longer. I'm not counting out Chris Ellis in the new scheme, but that may be wishful thinking.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
The current plan is to play Moats at ILB, but a move to a somewhat more familiar role on the outside wouldn't take much. Danny Batten was a guy that you didn't mention, he's up on the outside. I'd certainly like someone to emerge during the year. Chris Kelsay is an uninspiring starter and probably not destined to be on this team much longer. I'm not counting out Chris Ellis in the new scheme, but that may be wishful thinking.
I was going to ask what the ILBs should look like, I figure Poz and Kawika would be the two best fits for the starting ILB spots but it's not my scheme they'll be running.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 05-01-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Poz, Mitchell, and Andra Davis are the prominent players in there, with Poz being the only sure starter. Keith Ellison and Nic Harris are still in the depth mix. They're both undersized and better suited as coverage backers. Ellison looked to have a little more thump to his game before he got hurt last year, but he's just Keith Ellison. And then you have Moats switching to ILB, possibly being a guy that can attack the QB from multiple spots. I think he's definitely a guy they want to use.

I doubt Corto makes it this time around, but you never know who they want to keep on special teams. Bryan Scott should be back as part of our ridiculously deep safety group.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I 99% sure they said Moats will play ILB but could move to OLB on passing downs.

ILB DC to me is this
Poz/Moats - Davis/Mitchell
Old 05-02-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Did Davis have some sort of resurgence last year? Last I saw him he was sucking it up for the Browns as a mediocre run stuffer who excelled at making tackles 5-7 yards from the LOS.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-04-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
billybeejr
Rookie

billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just some optimistic thoughts:

Wasn't Maybin supposed to be a better fit at rush lb than DE anyway? He didn't show anything last season, but I think he can benefit a lot relative to other bills from the transition to the 3-4(hopefully).

And I know a lot of people don't like passing on Clausen, but if we passed on him twice, I think we can trust the FO on this one. And I don't trust them often.
billybeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybeejr View Post
Just some optimistic thoughts:

Wasn't Maybin supposed to be a better fit at rush lb than DE anyway? He didn't show anything last season, but I think he can benefit a lot relative to other bills from the transition to the 3-4(hopefully).

And I know a lot of people don't like passing on Clausen, but if we passed on him twice, I think we can trust the FO on this one. And I don't trust them often.
Totally, I think the move to the 3-4 was largely for Maybin, kid has all of the tools to become the next DeMarcus Ware in the scheme. He's still raw so it'll take some time, but I think he's going to have a pretty good year and really have a break out 3rd season next year, when you've hopefully added your QB and LT of the future.

As for Clausen I think the reason you guys passed on him was just as much the fact that he's not likely to ever be more than just a solid starter, which is okay for a team with a steve smith and a monster running game, as much as it was because he isn't a very good fit for Gainey's system.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-05-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

I talked to Arthur Moats yesterday, the kid is so excited to be going to Buffalo the first thing out of his mouth was that he cant wait to get up there and get to work, and he was genuinely excited to be going to Buffalo and play infront of their passionate fans. Still humble, character has not changed, and he is much bigger than I recalled, and very hungry to get to work... If you get a chance to meet him, do, he is the anti-Lynch...

Deion Sanders
Old 05-07-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

hey guys long time no talk, it is seeming more likely that i will be in buffalo in the next month or so for an interview. So i need to know. How is the state of the team? Did you guys like the draft? Picks you liked or did not like? I wanna know how the fans truey feel rather than just listening to the experts blast one pick and praise another? And is there any useful information you have for me about the city of Buffalo?? As of right now it is looking like the first or second weekend in June i will be going to Buffalo for an interview, which is exciting. Can not wait to hear what you guys have to say.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Spiller, we do need a threat on O
Troup, was my #2 NT
Carrington, my #2 34 DE
Easley, meh, he has a nice size speed combo so well see
Wang, think of the jokes we can make, but cbssports had him a a 3rd rounder
Moats, like it
Batten, like it
Brown, like it
Calloway, like it
Old 05-11-2010, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
How is the state of the team?
Clearly a team in transition, new offense, new defense, new front office. IMO its gonna be a long year, we'll find out about the QB's, and wether or not its a new GM who can draft and provide some direction, or its the same old crap, draft included.
Did you guys like the draft? Picks you liked or did not like?
IMO it could have been better, I like Spiller as a person, and exciting player, but again key area's of the team were ignored, at least he's the Anti-Lynch, no getting kids to throw him a ball at trainning camp, purposefully not catching it, and letting a teamate pick it up and apologize. Troup... Ill get to that, I liked the Carrington pick alot, the guy is strong, quick, and plays with intensity, Easely (one year wonder?)... Wang? Not the answer IMO at LT, but he does have potential, and some good athletic ability. Moats is a guy I love, nice as can be off the field and has a great work ethic, on the field he turns it on, and will be a terror on the blitz from the ILB spot, or OLB. I'll address the rest in a second.
And is there any useful information you have for me about the city of Buffalo??
I've been gone for about 6 years now, and been back twice since, its still cold in the winter... Best chicken wings any where, I dont know if they still have the biggest and best IMO, but Vinny's out in Cheekto-vegas was always worth the trip when I lived there. Empire brewing company if its still open had good micro brews, and definetly wrap it up after a night on the town... Protection is key...
As of right now it is looking like the first or second weekend in June i will be going to Buffalo for an interview, which is exciting. Can not wait to hear what you guys have to say.
Good luck with your interview, of all the places I have lived, Buffalo is still my favorite, good times and good people. Cold as hell at times, but it is WNY...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Spiller, we do need a threat on O
He'll add excitement for sure, but a luxury pick, Davis, Graham, Williams, Clausen all would have addressed bigger needs. The Spiller pick apparently ruined Jacksonvilles draft, and sent them into a funk, so maybe he can be the next C.J. and justify the pick.
Troup, was my #2 NT
He was not my #2, and I had Mt. Cody as my #2, who coincidently went to Baltimore (who know a thing or two about defense, and defensive linemen), and Linval Joseph as my 3rd who went to the Giants... I would have taken either of them over Troup, preferably Cody. Time will tell about Troup, I had him as a 3rd-4th round guy, and see him as a reach in the second.
Carrington, my #2 34 DE
Carrington is a guy I love, and can see him having an immediate and long term impact. I would agree with him being the #2 five tech.
Easley, meh, he has a nice size speed combo so well see
One year wonder? Good size and speed, the coaching staff loved his tape, although it was just of his senior season, he is raw and will drop passes.
Wang, think of the jokes we can make, but cbssports had him a a 3rd rounder
Buffalo is developing a bad habit of taking, 5th, 7th round and undrafted LT prospects and "developing" them (then not paying them and trading them). How often can you catch lightning in a bottle in this situation? He has good lateral quickness, but gets little push in the run game, and can be bull rushed. Potential and time will tell, but does this franchise have time??
Moats, like it
Love the pick, like I said, the guy has been all work ethic since high school, and has the ability to succeed in addition to the drive.
Batten, like it
I liked it as well, dont know much about him other than like Moats he is a very high motor guy.
Brown, like it
I dont mind it, could he pan out in time? Maybe, but the odds are against him. He comes from a spread offense so there is a chance he could make the team and find a niche this year.
Calloway, like it
I like it alot, I thought Calloway would be long gone, and like him as a RT prospect, although it appears they like him at guard. People forget that Iowa swithed him from RT to LT in game this past season, and he held his own...
I give it a "B" for a grade, they certainly addressed the defense, and appear to be holding onto hope that one of the QB's on the roster can win the job outright, personally I believe that they are looking forward to a top five pick, and a shot at Locker or someone next year. Ed Wang in the fifth does not address the LT spot IMO, and I am hoping they find a way to get Gaither out of Baltimore, with his contract situation, and injury history (which is not horrible) I would think a 2nd or 3rd straight up gets it done, or a 3rd and a player... Hope this babbling helped or is what you are looking for :)

Deion Sanders
Old 05-12-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

FYI Linval Joseph is a worse 3-4 NT prospect than Troup. Joseph's too tall and is too much of a penetrator, in a 3-4 he'd be playing end. That said I liked Joseph more than Troup for my giants so I'm happy with how things worked out, and I like both more than Cody. He's just as raw as either of these two and infinitely lazier and fatter.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-13-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Default p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
FYI Linval Joseph is a worse 3-4 NT prospect than Troup. Joseph's too tall and is too much of a penetrator, in a 3-4 he'd be playing end. That said I liked Joseph more than Troup for my giants so I'm happy with how things worked out, and I like both more than Cody. He's just as raw as either of these two and infinitely lazier and fatter.
Jamal Williams is 6'3" and has played the nose is a 3-4 successfully, Vince Wilfork is 6'2" and seems to hold his own, and Jay Ratliff is 6'4" and made his second pro-bowl this year, and Ted Washington at 6'5" seemed to define the position, so I have a hard time buying the "Joseph's to tall" arguement... When I hear and read about nose tackles, a couple of traits usually pop up; strong, stout at the point of attack, quick reaction time, space eater, and ability to take on double teams. Ratliff doesnt have the bulk (303 ibs), but I think most would agree that he uses his strength and athleticism to be successful, according to our very own Scott Wright, Joseph has "Fantastic strength and power " and is "Very athletic", although at 6'4" he is "too tall" to play the nose in a 3-4. Wilfork's scouting reports constantly mention that he is quick and explosive, Mr. Wright as well as many others mention Joseph being "Explosive with a burst --- Quick", and as is the case with all good NT's Joseph is "Stout at the point of attack". I dont understand why his ability to penetrate and make plays in the backfield is a bad thing. Again our very own Mr. Wright says that Joseph is "rare blend of size, brute strength and athleticism --- A bit raw technically but still has a world of potential." Now does Joseph use proper leverage, and technique all the time, No, but how many coming out of college do? Jamal Williams needed work, and took two years to develop, Jay Ratliff did not light it up his first two years, so my point being that it takes a little time to develop. No one knocks Holati Ngata for his ability to be athletic and penetrate and make plays in the backfield...
So FYI: I disagree with you :) At just under 2 inches shorter, Troup is not as athletic, and from what I saw of him, he allows one guy to lock into him struggling to get off blocks. Technically I think Troup is better at this point in time, but technique is what coaching is for, and can be improved upon.
All this aside, I like Joseph for the Giants myself, and think he will fit right in. Question; Is Pat Williams any less capable in a 3-4 as he is in a 4-3?

Deion Sanders