Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 10-30-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nix call Thaddeus Gibson now.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you haven't won a game you have a chance to go for it on 4th and 6 with a 1st down ur in FG range and we punt it to net us 20 yards, good job!
Old 10-31-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Lindell sucks so hard remember the CLE monday night game?
Old 10-31-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
53 Yard attempt into Arrowhead's infamous swirls....not an easy kick. But, yes, that Monday night game will forever be ingrained in my mind. Soooo drunk.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys, the Bills fought hard.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nix call Thaddeus Gibson now.
Even though I was not very high on him before the draft, I dont see why they would not bring him in and give him a look, I would rather see him out there then Kelsey myself...

Deion Sanders
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, so... How about starting a cut of the week post??

First nominee's...
My vote is for Marcus Stroud, showed up for his customary one play (1/2 a sack) this week, then rode off into the sunset, getting blocked out of nearly every play by one guy, and looking every bit of a 32 year-old has been...
Axe'em... Any thoughts....

Deion Sanders
Old 11-01-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Akin Ayodele. Please, god, take Ayodele......

Old 11-01-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wanted to say good game and good luck the rest of the way. The Bills remind me a lot of the Chiefs last year.. a lot of fight and a lot of guts, but just can't get a W.

It'll come though. You guys are playing too well to not notch a victory soon.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I was at that game. It was fun as hell. 3 INT's in the first quarter, no passes thrown to anyone other than Lynch the rest of the game and letting Braylon Edwards do whatever the **** he wanted. Leodis having like 5 returns of 40 yards each and a TD. Letting lil' Jerome Harrison run like 80 yards. Such a roller coaster, train wreck of a game. It was awesome.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Yeah, I was at that game. It was fun as hell. 3 INT's in the first quarter, no passes thrown to anyone other than Lynch the rest of the game and letting Braylon Edwards do whatever the **** he wanted. Leodis having like 5 returns of 40 yards each and a TD. Letting lil' Jerome Harrison run like 80 yards. Such a roller coaster, train wreck of a game. It was awesome.
I don't remeber **** : )
Only thing i remeber was telling a CLE fan by me "don't worry he'll miss it."
Old 11-02-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Akin Ayodele. Please, god, take Ayodele......
He's high on the list, in fact he could give Stroud a run for his money this week...

Deion Sanders
Old 11-03-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Default Merriman

Who's got their Merriman Jersey ordered already?

Good or bad pick up?? Im thinking it could work out, if not its an acceptable risk for the season, anyone genuinely surprised? Concerned at all...

Deion Sanders
Old 11-03-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Who's got their Merriman Jersey ordered already?

Good or bad pick up?? Im thinking it could work out, if not its an acceptable risk for the season, anyone genuinely surprised? Concerned at all...
I was surprised to say the least with the pick-up. The way i see it, is that if he stays injury prone and doesn't produce we can easily cut him. On the chance he uses this to spark himself we may have one of the better pass rushing outside linebackers in the NFL, or at very least an upgrade over what we have now. I think it was a good call, though i don;t think the GM or Gailey will be there at the end of the season to see how it ended up.

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't shocked with the Nix connection and I am fine with it. Virtually no risk with a high possible reward (albeit unlikely). Plus, our LB core can't get any worse, can it?

BTW, Rian Lindell is a damn good kicker for my money. He plays in harsh conditions week after week in the AFC East and Buffalo and has done a pretty damn good job in recent history. He sucked a few years back, but the guy is good now. Look at the good teams that struggle mightily with kickers. I will take Lindell any day of the week.

Also, provided we win a game, I don't see Gaily or Nix getting the ax. We are playing an exciting brand of football as of late and aren't getting walloped. That will buy them another year or 2. If we finish 0-16, that may be a different story.

Last edited by Rob S : 11-04-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
I was surprised to say the least with the pick-up. The way i see it, is that if he stays injury prone and doesn't produce we can easily cut him. On the chance he uses this to spark himself we may have one of the better pass rushing outside linebackers in the NFL, or at very least an upgrade over what we have now. I think it was a good call, though i don;t think the GM or Gailey will be there at the end of the season to see how it ended up.
The "risk/reward" aspect of this signing is almost pure reward IMO, the money involved is not a factor, and if he some how recovers from the steroid free injury bug could provide a huge boost to the defensive front, if not nothing lost... Not sure why you think that Gailey or Nix will not be around next year?? They inherited a decade long mess, and removing them at this point prolongs the franchises misery, and despite lossing (which any realistic fan knew was in the making) they do seem to be improving, despite missing key personnel on both sides of the ball. I hope Luck comes out and we are in position to take him, our "Luck" is we win just enough to put ourselves out of the running, yes I have a "Luck Boner"... My fear is that Merriman becomes lights out again, generates a pass rush which renders our secondary usefull again, we win 2 or 3 games some how, and screw ourselves in the draft... Horrible to say, but we are not going anywhere and building through the draft is the direction they want to go, the higher the draft picks the better IMO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I wasn't shocked with the Nix connection and I am fine with it. Virtually no risk with a high possible reward (albeit unlikely). Plus, our LB core can't get any worse, can it?

BTW, Rian Lindell is a damn good kicker for my money. He plays in harsh conditions week after week in the AFC East and Buffalo and has done a pretty damn good job in recent history. He sucked a few years back, but the guy is good now. Look at the good teams that struggle mightily with kickers. I will take Lindell any day of the week.

Also, provided we win a game, I don't see Gaily or Nix getting the ax. We are playing an exciting brand of football as of late and aren't getting walloped. That will buy them another year or 2. If we finish 0-16, that may be a different story.
I would agree with just about everything, the Nix connection made it a realistic possibility, and the risk is minimal at best.
I dont mind Lindell at all, despite managing to essentially misfire with his technique and kick something resembling a knuckle ball on his second attempt in OT, regardless he has been solid the last two years or so, and has been more consistant than the majority in the league right now...
I disagree that even if they go 0-16 it maybe a different story, these two will be around another season regardless, and two is very likely, building takes time, and rebuilding a decade long debacle takes time, and re-tooling the front office and coaching staff only prolongs the misery, and the rebuilding process.

Deion Sanders
Old 11-04-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
The "risk/reward" aspect of this signing is almost pure reward IMO, the money involved is not a factor, and if he some how recovers from the steroid free injury bug could provide a huge boost to the defensive front, if not nothing lost... Not sure why you think that Gailey or Nix will not be around next year?? They inherited a decade long mess, and removing them at this point prolongs the franchises misery, and despite lossing (which any realistic fan knew was in the making) they do seem to be improving, despite missing key personnel on both sides of the ball. I hope Luck comes out and we are in position to take him, our "Luck" is we win just enough to put ourselves out of the running, yes I have a "Luck Boner"... My fear is that Merriman becomes lights out again, generates a pass rush which renders our secondary usefull again, we win 2 or 3 games some how, and screw ourselves in the draft... Horrible to say, but we are not going anywhere and building through the draft is the direction they want to go, the higher the draft picks the better IMO...
I just think if we don't win more than 2 games i can't see gailey sticking around. Nix i don't really have an oppinion for at this time, he can prove to be a great GM.

Gailey has a history of making bad calls and i just don't think is a good coach. We've been competing sure but i think in the long run he will return to his old form. I'm not expecting a winning team anytime soon but if we make a run at the end again and pick 11th... i may actually shed a tear

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Last weeks cut of the week was a 50/50 tie, so no one got the ax... This week I re-nominate Stroud who again was invisable and did not even make his one play of the week, Ayodele is probably gonna stay with Davis out for the season, any other nominee's??

Deion Sanders
Old 11-09-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see Troup and Carrington get some starting action.

Carrington-----Troup------Williams

Lets see it, who the **** cares at this point. Lets see what we got.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I would like to see Troup and Carrington get some starting action.

Carrington-----Troup------Williams

Lets see it, who the **** cares at this point. Lets see what we got.
Right on brother, right on...

Deion Sanders
Old 11-15-2010, 12:51 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Well, gentlemen, what exactly can we complain about today?

Old 11-15-2010, 01:01 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a thing. At least I don't feel like it. A shame it wasn't sold out, but I had a fantastic stadium experience today. The tailgate had an aura of an optimism. It just felt like a winning day and it didn't come crashing down in the end, despite being very, very close to doing just that.

Really, I just feel like going over those last 14 seconds in my head for as long as I can and continuing to spew my undying love for Fred Jackson.

Victory!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit:nevermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Last edited by Bills2083 : 11-15-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:35 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my only gripes where to two overthrows of Steve Johnson that would have went for Td's

he also had the one he underthrew to Stevie
Old 11-15-2010, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Well, gentlemen, what exactly can we complain about today?
Nothing... Maybe... Letting them back into... No, a win, no complaints today, no cuts :)

Deion Sanders