Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 01-06-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Please dont take this the wrong way. He has stated that he wants to stay, has not made any ridiculous contract demands (publically, Whitner who?), is one of the best tacklers in the league, on one of the worst defenses in the league (although I do believe it is up a coming), and replace him? Not only replace him, but do so with a rookie, who has no career impact plays in college, has more assist tackles than solo career in college, and let this rookie lead the defense? I like Hightower as a mid round possibility, and compliment to Poz, but not as a replacement to a productive piece of the defense, thus creating another hole. IMO that is not even a lateral move. I was up in W.N.Y. last week and between the Buff and the Rock, almost lost my mind with some of the fans bashing Poz, is he Ray Lewis, Mayo or Willis, no, is he that far behind them? No, but those other players also have much better pieces infront of and/or next to them. I gaurantee that if there wasnt the stupid 30% uncapped pay increase crap in place this year, Poz would already have signed an extension. "He cant cover!!" He is an ILB, who's job is to tackle, which he does very well, again know your personel, "He had no picks this year!!" Neither did Mayo, Willis, Greenway, or Jones, all top ten in tackles, 2 pro bowlers. All will be with their teams next year, unless the Bengals deem Jones too old, and move Rey-Rey into the middle where he belongs... Yet people outside of WNY, constantly talk about how under rated and good he is... He is just entering the prime of his career, and wants to be a part of the rebuilding process, and wants to be a part of this team...
As for Hagg, I like him as a SS, but think he needs time to adjust to the pro-game, but if we resign Wilson, and have Scott as depth, do we need him??
i don't want to build my team around players who are better leaders than players. Poz doesn't make plays, i'm not going to give him a big contract and make him the rock of my defense. he can stay for a decent contract, but i'm not breaking the bank. he is easily pushed around and blocked out of plays. i've watched him take himself out of a lot of plays with poor angles, especially at the line. he can't get off a block to save his life. i think anyone playing MLB in our defense would have his tackles. he's a good guy, i don't hate him, but he is not a playmaker, and yes I think Hightower is, and would be a steal in the 3rd, another year after his knee injury he should just be overcoming the mental hurdles and get completely back to form. he was thought of as being better than McClain prior to his knee injury. i don't see letting Poz go as creating another hole, i see it as an opportunity to find a playmaker. i guess at worst i see Hightower being able to do the same thing as Poz, as a rookie.

and yes, I'd still want Hagg. he is a playmaker, which is what i'm looking for. Wilson makes some plays, and Scott is good depth, but Hagg is athletic enough to stay with TE's, big enough to play close to the line if needed. he's a great hybrid S, and def has the potential to start. Whitner won't be back so we need another S anyway, why not Hagg?
UDFA: Chris Burnette (OG) | FA: Jermaine Gresham (TE)

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential View Post
i don't want to build my team around players who are better leaders than players. Poz doesn't make plays, i'm not going to give him a big contract and make him the rock of my defense. he can stay for a decent contract, but i'm not breaking the bank. he is easily pushed around and blocked out of plays. i've watched him take himself out of a lot of plays with poor angles, especially at the line. he can't get off a block to save his life. i think anyone playing MLB in our defense would have his tackles. he's a good guy, i don't hate him, but he is not a playmaker, and yes I think Hightower is, and would be a steal in the 3rd, another year after his knee injury he should just be overcoming the mental hurdles and get completely back to form. he was thought of as being better than McClain prior to his knee injury. i don't see letting Poz go as creating another hole, i see it as an opportunity to find a playmaker. i guess at worst i see Hightower being able to do the same thing as Poz, as a rookie.

and yes, I'd still want Hagg. he is a playmaker, which is what i'm looking for. Wilson makes some plays, and Scott is good depth, but Hagg is athletic enough to stay with TE's, big enough to play close to the line if needed. he's a great hybrid S, and def has the potential to start. Whitner won't be back so we need another S anyway, why not Hagg?
You have actually sold me on looking more into Hagg, I have not seen enough to agree/disagree about him being able to stay with TE's, but should that be the case, I am in...
As for Poz, he has not asked to break the bank, nor is it my belief that will try to do so. For not making plays, I look at Mayo and Willis over the last three years (who I believe are the top two, if not, clearly top five ILB's in the league) as a comparison. Playmakers do what? I would say make solo tackles, force fumbles, intercept passes, sack QBs, and TD's... Anything else you think I will analyse as well. Solo Tackles FF INT Sacks TDs
Mayo 284 3 0 3.5 0
Willis 324 6 4 10 2
Poz 277 4 4 3 0
Willis IMO is the terminator of ILB's right now, I still wish we had gotten him instead of Poz. In terms of playmaking stats, I would content that Poz is a better playmaker than Mayo having one more FF, and 4 more INT's, and 7 fewer solo tackles, and 1/2 less sack. Mayo also plays behind Wilfork (pro-bowl) who is one of the top NT's in the league if not the best, Willis behind Franklin (franchise tag, one of the best) and Smith (pro-bowler, one of the best 3-4 ends in the game), which allows both of them to cleanly make plays untouched. Offensive lineman who lock into any linebacker usually win, the problem with that and Poz is he is constantly dodging Olineman, because the dline is not doing its job occupying the oline. There is not one linebacker in the league who does not take a poor angle occasionally. I will submit to your side of this disagreement if you can tell me how a guy who, is easily pushed around and blocked out of plays, takes himself out of a lot of plays with poor angles, especially at the line, and can't get off a block to save his life is the 3rd overall tackler in the league, and 4th in solo tackles... Just last year Poz tied for the league lead for INT's by a ILB (with 3, having the same # of picks in 09' as E. Reed and T. Polamalu that year, just saying), now he's not a playmaker, because they changed schemes, and have him running around covering TE's and Backs as a ILB? And the dline is still developing and not eating up blocks like they should be... Again, we are going to replace production with a guy who "was thought to be better than McClain" yet has proved nothing, with less "playmaking" production than either Poz or McClain in college. Hightower has proved next to nothing at the college level other than he has talent, and can make more assists than solo tackles... But he can come in and be a top five tackler in the NFL, with little resembling a defensive line infront of him?? He is not even the rock of his own defense...
Old 01-13-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey guys, what can you tell me about James Hardy? your former 2nd round draft pick.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he sucked. (10)
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Alright, I just got off the phone with Buddy Nix, he just shared with me his early mock draft for the new year, don't shoot the messenger!!

1.) Marcell Dareus, DE, Alabama
2.) Gabe Carimi, RT, Wisconsin
3.) Tank Carder, ILB, TCU

Buddy Nix & Chan the Man have their sights locked on these three beef cakes, our team will surely be better with the arrival of these three. :)
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love if that is how the first 3 rounds went... We just need to make sure we get a rush OLB in FA or the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBillsFan View Post
Alright, I just got off the phone with Buddy Nix, he just shared with me his early mock draft for the new year, don't shoot the messenger!!

1.) Marcell Dareus, DE, Alabama
2.) Gabe Carimi, RT, Wisconsin
3.) Tank Carder, ILB, TCU

Buddy Nix & Chan the Man have their sights locked on these three beef cakes, our team will surely be better with the arrival of these three. :)
If Carder declares that would not be a bad draft...
Old 01-18-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
hey guys, what can you tell me about James Hardy? your former 2nd round draft pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
he sucked. (10)
Pretty much sums it up... One nice catch for a TD, lots of disappointment.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

scott new mock has us taking von miller at 3. if we do that i'll fly to one bills drive and punch nix in the nuts.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
OTcoach
Rookie

OTcoach hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If he's there, Jake Locker should be our pick at 3.
OTcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

lol, no fing way.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think at 3, unless it's Newton and you think he will be great, QB is out. For me, it's one of four: Fairley, Quinn, Bowers, Green. Maybe someone sneaks in after Senior Bowl or combine, but I think thats a good group.

EDIT: Dareus too actually. Forgot about him for some reason.

Last edited by Rob S : 01-28-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has Aaron Maybin done for you guys. Do you think the Bills would be better drafting a QB or trying to trade for a guy like Carson Palmer or pick up a QB in Free Agency.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft would be the only option to replacing Fitz. No real point in bringing in a veteran, especially at the cost of draft picks. Having said that, we're in a very iffy spot to be drafting a QB in this draft. It's far from ruled out, but I pretty much agree with what Rob said in the post above yours.

Maybin has done nothing. Period. He was buried behind slower, older guys and a couple of late/undrafted pass rushers. Just has not been an effective football player.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 01-28-2011 at 09:34 PM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Draft would be the only option to replacing Fitz. No real point in bringing in a veteran, especially at the cost of draft picks. Having said that, we're in a very iffy spot to be drafting a QB in this draft. It's far from ruled out, but I pretty much agree with what Rob said in the post above yours.

Maybin has done nothing. Period. He was buried behind slower, older guys and a couple of late/undrafted pass rushers. Just has not been an effective football player.
Also, he doesn't even play on special teams.
He is horrendous

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 01-29-2011, 02:20 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
How has Aaron Maybin done for you guys. Do you think the Bills would be better drafting a QB or trying to trade for a guy like Carson Palmer or pick up a QB in Free Agency.
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/co...icle233377.ece

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTcoach View Post
If he's there, Jake Locker should be our pick at 3.
What?? Are you serious?
Old 02-01-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I think at 3, unless it's Newton and you think he will be great, QB is out. For me, it's one of four: Fairley, Quinn, Bowers, Green. Maybe someone sneaks in after Senior Bowl or combine, but I think thats a good group.

EDIT: Dareus too actually. Forgot about him for some reason.
I'd take Quinn out of the equation and insert Peterson personally, Fairley, Dareus, Green, Peterson, Bowers if its not Newton in no particular order. No to Quinn, because missing a year raises too many red flags for me.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Also, he doesn't even play on special teams.
He is horrendous
Part of the McShay hype train... Blaine Gabbert who?
Old 02-01-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Are Red and myself the only one not buying the Von Miller at 3 crap Scott started and nearly every poster has continued since?? Does anyone else see the gigantic f'ing hole at TE either?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Cheesus
Rookie

Cheesus hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Are Red and myself the only one not buying the Von Miller at 3 crap Scott started and nearly every poster has continued since?? Does anyone else see the gigantic f'ing hole at TE either?
I'm also not buying into Von Miller at 3. I don't think you take a linebacker, let alone a 3-4 pass rushing linebacker that early. Ware/Merriman/Matthews all were taken at or after pick 10. Woodley was taken in the second round at like pick 45.

As to the TE issue, would you be happy with Rudolph or Stocker or Kendricks at 34? Or is 34 too high for Stocker and Kendricks?
Cheesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A bunch of my friends have suddenly fallen in love with Miller. I don't particularly like it. But I have no solid feelings on who i want with the pick.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
I really don't want Miller at #3 either. I'd rather nab someone such as Dareus.
As for tight end... having looked back at Chan Gailey's past offenses (aside from when he had Tony Gonzalez), the TE's are rarely used for anything other than blocking. So, I don't see TE being a target for the Bills this offseason, as bad as that is. I want a great TE on this team, but I dont think Chan sees the necessity for one.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-01-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Miller, I'm just not enamored with taking a hybrid in the top 5. I'm secretly hoping for Nick Fairley to fall to us

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesus View Post
I'm also not buying into Von Miller at 3. I don't think you take a linebacker, let alone a 3-4 pass rushing linebacker that early. Ware/Merriman/Matthews all were taken at or after pick 10. Woodley was taken in the second round at like pick 45.

As to the TE issue, would you be happy with Rudolph or Stocker or Kendricks at 34? Or is 34 too high for Stocker and Kendricks?
IMO we have stocked cupboard at OLB right now, wether or not the food is spoiled IDK...
I think it is too high for Stocker and Kendricks myself, I have them as third rounders, and would not mind either in the third. I love Rudolph and could see him in the second, although Gailey does not have a history of utilizing TE's, personally I think a TE of that caliber would open up the offense (certainly make it more flexible), and if Gailey hasn't noticed what TE's can do (especially against the Bills), he is not the offensive "Guru" people make him out to be.