Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Rumors this time of the year are usually total junk. With a new owner on the horizon, the team's budget will be very tight. The GM may not care about money, but the owner selling will. I've seen enough teams sold to know the marching orders for GM's.

I'm not saying they will gut the team, but unfortunately it is a possibility, but I've never see a change in ownership where the finances don't get frozen to some degree. The old owner won't want to make any financial decisions about the future of the team, they will leave that up to the new owner.

The Byrd decisions could have come down to something like that and how active were we in FA.

We just have to accept the fact that when a team changes owners, it can be a messy time, but we all hope the long term situation will greatly improve our team's future.
I agree about the rumors statement, usually total junk indeed. I personally like reading them, usually for a good laugh. However, there is just too much smoke for me, IMO there is fire. Last year at this time the rumors from people who I read and listen too (ones I consider fairly trust worthy), were the Bills were going to trade down and take a QB, this was from people who are usually right, not Walter.com or traderumor.com, so for me, im buying.

As for the sale of the franchise; the current "owner" doesnt want the team is filthy rich and will be filthier rich once the team is sold which there is no hurry on by any account. The team is being run by a trust, who has not done anything other than rely of Russ Brandon and co. to continue running the team. Recent franchises sold including the Dodgers and Sabres did not gut the team before sale, the dodgers inparticular added players to enhance the value of the franchise. I am not sure where you are getting this teams limit budgets for future owners from?

The Bills are going to sell regardless, their current financial situation is not going to deter someone from buying the team, there is too much interest. People dont turn down gold with a scratch on it, its still gold. I agree that this is a bit of a messy time, but I dont buy that Whaley and company are going to not trade up because a prospective future owner may not buy the team because they moved up in the draft, and is spending 3 million dollars more a year on a player, with the money to do so within the confines of shared revenue. If they did, there is a long list behind them waiting for the chance.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be pissed if we move up for Watkins. That would blow. Mike Evans is better anyway.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'll be pissed if we move up for Watkins. That would blow. Mike Evans is better anyway.
I disagree, Watkins is a much better route runner than Evans and far better after the catch runner. However, I'm really not expecting the Bills to move at all, so we'll just have to see whose available depending on the # of QB's drafted in the top 8.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we do trade up, go to one and get Clowney. **** it.

Last edited by Rob S : 05-02-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love Watkins, given the chance to trade up at the cost of a 3rd round pick, I'd move up for either. Evans would certainly help Manuel's accuracy. Both are #1's.

I cant wait to see what happens, I am starting to think if they move up, it will be to 5 or 6, it will be to take a WR (Watkins or Evans both of whom are not making it to 9 IMO) or T (Matthews or Robinson (imagine him at RT...), unlikely now both are making it to 9 )who falls, the cost to #1 is too much from what I have read/heard the Texans want.

Would anyone else not mind at all if they were able to move up to 5 or 6 if the cost were a 3 and 7 or combination of a 3 this year and say a 4 or 5 next year?
Old 05-02-2014, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I wouldn't mind going up to 5/6 for Matthews or Robinson. For a WR, I wouldn't be as happy.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:36 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OT has to be the priority in the 1st Round. I won't stand watching Thad Lewis start another game at QB

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
I love Watkins, given the chance to trade up at the cost of a 3rd round pick, I'd move up for either. Evans would certainly help Manuel's accuracy. Both are #1's.

I cant wait to see what happens, I am starting to think if they move up, it will be to 5 or 6, it will be to take a WR (Watkins or Evans both of whom are not making it to 9 IMO) or T (Matthews or Robinson (imagine him at RT...), unlikely now both are making it to 9 )who falls, the cost to #1 is too much from what I have read/heard the Texans want.

Would anyone else not mind at all if they were able to move up to 5 or 6 if the cost were a 3 and 7 or combination of a 3 this year and say a 4 or 5 next year?
More likely an extra 2nd this year and you could be competing with a # of teams looking for a QB which could raise the price. The top 7 picks aren't going to come on the cheap.

I still think they stay put or even move back a couple of spots depending on whom they are targeting.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:09 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone given any thought at Chris Borland in the 2nd? Kiko's moving outside and Spikes is only signed for one year. Given a chance to sit under Spikes for a year and Borland could be beastly

Old 05-03-2014, 12:33 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are in such a great position. I think the Bills can make huge strides with a couple good draftees. Just the way the board is and team needs I feel like you're guaranteed an impact player in the 1st there unless you do something crazy.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
You guys are in such a great position. I think the Bills can make huge strides with a couple good draftees. Just the way the board is and team needs I feel like you're guaranteed an impact player in the 1st there unless you do something crazy.
Unfortunately, we just don't know what we have at QB, If Manual develops, we could maybe be close to contending, if he doesn't, we are still left looking for a franchise QB and going nowhere till we find one.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Anyone given any thought at Chris Borland in the 2nd? Kiko's moving outside and Spikes is only signed for one year. Given a chance to sit under Spikes for a year and Borland could be beastly
I'd rate him as a late 2nd rounder to an early 3rd rounder. Could be a solid starter though.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:36 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

McGee or Rob, due to baseball being baseball I'm probably not going to be able to watch much of the draft. I need text updates from either of you

Old 05-07-2014, 08:51 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like I'll get out of work an hour beforehand, so you got it.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
McGee or Rob, due to baseball being baseball I'm probably not going to be able to watch much of the draft. I need text updates from either of you
I will keep you updated, sir. We can ***** to each other about what turns out to be the best pick again!
Old 05-07-2014, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Also, I really feel like Beckham Jr. is going to wind up being the pick. Just feels like a Bills 1st rounder. I do not like it.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, I really feel like Beckham Jr. is going to wind up being the pick. Just feels like a Bills 1st rounder. I do not like it.
I've had that feeling the past week or so. I like him a lot as a player, but a receiver that isn't Watkins or Evans probably wouldn't go over too well.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

I'm hoping for Evans or Matthews, but I could live with Lewan.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:10 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I've had that feeling the past week or so. I like him a lot as a player, but a receiver that isn't Watkins or Evans probably wouldn't go over too well.
Truth. Hopefully he is not the pick that early. All signs seem to pointing to RT though.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:16 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I'm hoping for Evans or Matthews, but I could live with Lewan.
To be honest I really don't want the pick to be Lewan. He comes off as such a punk both on and off the field. Very talented but very dirty player.

Regardless, he was not invited to OBD thus I feel the front office has Martin over him.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:24 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I can agree with that, Lewan is kind of a piece of ****.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
To be honest I really don't want the pick to be Lewan. He comes off as such a punk both on and off the field. Very talented but very dirty player.

Regardless, he was not invited to OBD thus I feel the front office has Martin over him.
I'm not sure I would make the same assumption.
The Bills last year didn't bring in Kiko because they didn't to show other teams their interest in him. It could be the same type of deal this year with Lewan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

We're totally going to blow this, guys. Worst case scenario is definitely trading up to #1 or 2 and taking Watkins.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I'm not sure I would make the same assumption.
The Bills last year didn't bring in Kiko because they didn't to show other teams their interest in him. It could be the same type of deal this year with Lewan.
I agree, sometimes when your sitting just outside the top talent, you have to be careful about who you shpow interest in or teams will trade up past you. Lewan can be solid at either LT or RT and would add a touch of meanness to our OL. Not every LT can be a solid RT but Lewan can do both which is always positive should Glenn ever get hurt.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Please don't be Zach Martin...

The feeling I had at this time in the pit of my stomach is back, last year Manuel was the cause.

Lewan is incognito like...

Can't wait!!!!