Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 06-15-2007, 08:10 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I have a question about how you guys used McGahee. Did you run any O-line pulls? Could your o-line have gotten to the second level? Did you ever pass it to him out the backfield? What was the % that you ran him to the outside or inside?

Thanks +rep to whoever answers them.
Obviously according to him we didn't use him properly. He's not tough enough to run between the tackles and I didn't think his hands were all that great out of the backfield
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I have a question about how you guys used McGahee. Did you run any O-line pulls? Could your o-line have gotten to the second level? Did you ever pass it to him out the backfield? What was the % that you ran him to the outside or inside?

Thanks +rep to whoever answers them.
We haven't really run pulls lately. The last guy I remember really pulling for us was Justin Bannan, who I believe is currently on your own Ravens. We'd put him in on the o-line and use him to pull sometimes. Either that or I'm thinking of the wrong guy and someone's gonna say "wtf? That dude's a DT, dumbass", but I'm pretty sure it was him.
Jason Peters can get to the second level nicely, although I saw it less often after his move to LT. Everyone else not so much, at least not consistently.
Passing out of the backfield we didn't do as much as I expected. Losman would overthrow McGahee a lot and his hands were never really tested to give a fair grade on, but I'd say they were less than great.
A % on where we ran him is tough because he pretty much took everything to the outside anyway. I don't have a better answer for this one.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills | Team interested in Darius
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:47:39 -0700
Adam Schefter, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl">NFL Network, reports the Buffalo Bills are interested in unrestricted free-agent SS Donovin Darius (Jaguars).

Any thoughts on this?
Old 06-16-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Adam Schefter, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl">NFL Network, reports the Buffalo Bills are interested in unrestricted free-agent SS Donovin Darius (Jaguars).

Any thoughts on this?
Maybe just for some veteran leadership, because I dont see him anywhere near Simpson or Witner right now. He seems like a lot of setbacks have held him back and he aint the same. I might do it depending if he wants less money, but I wouldnt pay big stuff.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Any thoughts on this?
Safety is the one position on this team we actually have solid depth at. It'd be a wasted move and really hurt the development of our young talent.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we never brought in Justin Bannan to pull on the offensive line.....
Darius is old and washed up
Old 06-18-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
we never brought in Justin Bannan to pull on the offensive line.....
Darius is old and washed up
we did bring in bannan, he (and occasionally Sam Adams) were used in goal line situations
Old 06-18-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
we did bring in bannan, he (and occasionally Sam Adams) were used in goal line situations
well who can move adams...

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:37 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Do you think Jason Webster will beat Ashton Youboty for the #2 CB spot? I think he should. We need Webster's veteran leadership back there in the starting lineup
Old 06-22-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Do you think Jason Webster will beat Ashton Youboty for the #2 CB spot? I think he should. We need Webster's veteran leadership back there in the starting lineup
Chris Brown says Webster appears the early favorite. Might not be all bad. Again, I've barely seen Youboty play.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chris Brown says Webster appears the early favorite. Might not be all bad. Again, I've barely seen Youboty play.
Rumor has it that we were the only AFC East team at Paul Oliver's workout.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im sure NE was at his workout...

i think we should try to aquire him
and yes i remember sam adams playing in goaline, but he played as the TE, not an offensive linemen
Old 06-22-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Rumor has it that we were the only AFC East team at Paul Oliver's workout.
that cant be a bad thing

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

The more I think about it the more I say that we NEED Paul Oliver. I am just not confident in our CB's at all. I mean our top 2 CB's are 5'9" and Youboty, who is completely unproven, is only 6'0". McGee got benched temporarily last year and the universal response on Webster makes me think of Chris Watson part 2. These are our two starting CB's!? If you put a gun to my head, I'd say our best CB right now is Kiwaukee Thomas. I would be alot more confident in him if he had semi-decent ball skills and could come down with one once in a while though.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

mcgee was not benched last year...and to say youboty is only 6'0
oliver is only 6'0-6'1
Old 06-24-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
mcgee was not benched last year...and to say youboty is only 6'0
oliver is only 6'0-6'1
Yes, he was during a game, in favor for Kiwaukee Thomas on account of poor play. I know Oliver is only 6'0 at best but he has good measurables overall and is obviously a good CB.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

youboty has the measurables also needed...
Paul Oliver is not a need, many bills fans just WANT him b/c they are not comfortable with our CB's

im not comfortable with them either, but im not gonna say Oliver is a need, but i do hope we end up getting him

and yur right......K Thomas has 0 catching ability
Old 06-24-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Oliver is an instance where you can get a great football player at less than face value. Throwing a 3rd or 4th round pick can only help us, especially since we have extra 3rd, 6th, and 7th round picks next year. Marv and company must also realize this.

Quote:
The Giants, Chiefs, and Titans are also likely looking at Georgia CB Paul Oliver, reports ESPN's John Clayton. Buffalo is also interested in the supplemental pick to be.
Source: ESPN Insider
Old 06-24-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
The more I think about it the more I say that we NEED Paul Oliver. I am just not confident in our CB's at all. I mean our top 2 CB's are 5'9" and Youboty, who is completely unproven, is only 6'0". McGee got benched temporarily last year and the universal response on Webster makes me think of Chris Watson part 2. These are our two starting CB's!? If you put a gun to my head, I'd say our best CB right now is Kiwaukee Thomas. I would be alot more confident in him if he had semi-decent ball skills and could come down with one once in a while though.
I understand the panic, but Kiwaukee is still not better than McGee. I wouldn't mind Kiwaukee being the #2 out of this group, but I'm confident that McGee is our best CB. Not saying I'm confident that he'll do good, but he's the best we got.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

Kiwake fits the cover 2. hes a strong physical corner

we just have to remember how well McGee did in 2006 and hope he reinacts that play next year
Old 06-24-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I understand the panic, but Kiwaukee is still not better than McGee. I wouldn't mind Kiwaukee being the #2 out of this group, but I'm confident that McGee is our best CB. Not saying I'm confident that he'll do good, but he's the best we got.
I know you love McGee (username), but I can't say that I'm his biggest fan. I love him as a kick reurner, but I definitely don't think he can be a #1 and I'm still not in love with him as a #2.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I know you love McGee (username), but I can't say that I'm his biggest fan. I love him as a kick reurner, but I definitely don't think he can be a #1 and I'm still not in love with him as a #2.
I obviously have doubts of him as a #1, but nowhere near what I'd be thinking if Thomas was the #1. McGee's a fine #2, the second half of last year he was amazing in that role (the whole pass defense was clicking at this time), but he has been very up-and-down, somewhat like Nate was. I agree McGee is not a #1, but I still say he's the best we have. And don't worry about username bias, I made my account shortly after he had one amazing game (the Cincy game from the '05 season. I know you remmeber it.). More of a spur the moment thing than a longtime love, which only exists with him as a returner.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I obviously have doubts of him as a #1, but nowhere near what I'd be thinking if Thomas was the #1. McGee's a fine #2, the second half of last year he was amazing in that role (the whole pass defense was clicking at this time), but he has been very up-and-down, somewhat like Nate was. I agree McGee is not a #1, but I still say he's the best we have. And don't worry about username bias, I made my account shortly after he had one amazing game (the Cincy game from the '05 season. I know you remmeber it.). More of a spur the moment thing than a longtime love, which only exists with him as a returner.
Oh yeah the Cincy game on Christmas Eve. He had a kick or punt return for a TD as well as an INT return for a TD, IIRC. As far as his CB skills go though, I am not sure if he is a good fit for the Cover 2. I don't think Marv and company would have drafted him if he was in the draft last year. I for one totally agree with Belicheck's assessment that "You can NEVER have enough CB's."
Old 06-24-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Oh yeah the Cincy game on Christmas Eve. He had a kick or punt return for a TD as well as an INT return for a TD, IIRC. As far as his CB skills go though, I am not sure if he is a good fit for the Cover 2. I don't think Marv and company would have drafted him if he was in the draft last year. I for one totally agree with Belicheck's assessment that "You can NEVER have enough CB's."
Yeah, the scheme is not his best fit. I say he's surely the best CB of the group in general, but when it comes to our defense I understand the doubt. I still put him as our #1, though, and trust that he can perform the best for us.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, the scheme is not his best fit. I say he's surely the best CB of the group in general, but when it comes to our defense I understand the doubt. I still put him as our #1, though, and trust that he can perform the best for us.
I definitely agree with that. And I hope McGee plays with a chip on his shoulder this year, step up and shut down Moss, Chambers and Coles. The success of our CB's are going to be CRUCIAL to our team's success. IMO, they are the most questionable and pivotal position.