Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 07-28-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
jkb528
Rookie

jkb528 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Well, Im not sure if you are just an arm-chair fan or you really know the sport of football, but to be honest. Its not the team that has the most talent tht wins. Its the team that has the best people. Take New England last year. Two WR you have almost never heard of who have been cut repeatedly, a rookie RB and another RB who is aging. An unproven TE. There is no doubt that San Diego has better talent than New England in almost every position. Look at the Jets. I would take JP Losman over Pennington and Willis MCgahee over Chris Houston or Leon Washington. Yet they still made the playoffs. Why? Because the have the right people. Anyone wonder why Dallas didnt make it far last year? Take a guess.

If you play football or coach football you will understand that you need good players but not always the most talented players. What you need are the right players. Ever watch the movie "Miracle"? Herb Brooks at the try-outs said openly that hes not going to pick the best players, hes going to pick the right players. I think this holds true in football. And thats why I feel with the group the Bills have now, in a couple of years they could surprise many people.
Great post man. I'd also like to point out that the team is probably doing their best to save money now so that they can resign our young players in the comming years and keep our nucleus together, instead of bringing in high priced free agents. Dan Snyder doesnt have any problem spending money, but have the Redskins been significantly better than the Bills in recent years? I think not. We only have one starter on offense over 30, we're going to need all the cap room we're saving right now in order to keep our young stars together in the future.
jkb528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, Im not sure if you are just an arm-chair fan or you really know the sport of football, but to be honest. Its not the team that has the most talent tht wins. Its the team that has the best people. Take New England last year. Two WR you have almost never heard of who have been cut repeatedly, a rookie RB and another RB who is aging. An unproven TE. There is no doubt that San Diego has better talent than New England in almost every position. Look at the Jets. I would take JP Losman over Pennington and Willis MCgahee over Chris Houston or Leon Washington. Yet they still made the playoffs. Why? Because the have the right people. Anyone wonder why Dallas didnt make it far last year? Take a guess.

If you play football or coach football you will understand that you need good players but not always the most talented players. What you need are the right players. Ever watch the movie "Miracle"? Herb Brooks at the try-outs said openly that hes not going to pick the best players, hes going to pick the right players. I think this holds true in football. And thats why I feel with the group the Bills have now, in a couple of years they could surprise many people.
While I might agree that the right people are important, so is talent and your breakdown of teams is far too naive to take seriously. Movies aren't real life, Brooks may have looked for a certain player who fit his scheme but you can bet he didn't completely ignore talent when assembling his team.
Marv Levy has said publicly that his budget severely limits his ability to sign the players he wants whether they are the right people or just talented.
As our "right people" veterans become FA's, we are going to lose most of them just as we have in the past. That has been the Bill's problem for the last decade especially during the FA period of pro football. We simply haven't the financial resources to retain them.
Buffalo is one of the poorest franchises in the NFL and that has long reflected itself in our record. Yes, if we could retain our solid players and build from there, then we would eventually become very competitive but that simply isn't how our franchise operates in today's NFL.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills have traded Darwin Walker to the Bears

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4995

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we traded him for a 5th round pick

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2953545

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
While I might agree that the right people are important, so is talent and your breakdown of teams is far too naive to take seriously. Movies aren't real life, Brooks may have looked for a certain player who fit his scheme but you can bet he didn't completely ignore talent when assembling his team.
Marv Levy has said publicly that his budget severely limits his ability to sign the players he wants whether they are the right people or just talented.
As our "right people" veterans become FA's, we are going to lose most of them just as we have in the past. That has been the Bill's problem for the last decade especially during the FA period of pro football. We simply haven't the financial resources to retain them.
Buffalo is one of the poorest franchises in the NFL and that has long reflected itself in our record. Yes, if we could retain our solid players and build from there, then we would eventually become very competitive but that simply isn't how our franchise operates in today's NFL.
I understand exactly where your coming from. But im a big believer in Money doesnt buy you championships. For all the money the Yankees have spent, eclipsing the 200 million dollar cap sveral years ago, they havent won a world series in 5 years. the Florida Marlins with roughly 1/4 the payroll beat out the Yanks for the series. I dont think the Bills need to spend all that money to be successful in the league.

Lets see the guys they lost.
London Fletcher- I think we actually gained alot outta him leaving and having Paul Posluszny coming in. I didnt think much of Fletcher. Pos is bigger, stronger, faster, better tackler, better reader, better in coverage and bigger.
Takeo Spikes- We lost the emotional leader of our team, but he has barely been there the past two years. Great when he can play, but i dont see him getting back to his old self.
Nate Clements- Biggest loss, great corner, but was he the "right person" to pay that money to? Hell no. Not in the cover 2. I think we will see a drop from the RCB, but not as great as many make it out to be.
Willis Mcgahee- I think flat-out that even if we didnt get MArshawn Lynch or another RB, A-Train and Shaud Williams would be fine.
I dont consider Darwin Walker anymore because we never actually had him on the field.

As for the core that we drafted. Pos and Lynch are going to be stars and could easily win thier respected Rookie of the Years Awards. I think the neuleus that is there now is there for good. That is the oney they are saving up. I think with the way the OL is set, the development of Losman and Lynch in the backfield is awesome. I think they got the "right people" in there right now as well as management. I like the direction this team is heading in. I feel the have the talent to compete, may take a few games to get going, I think JP is going to step up and be the leader of the offense. I feel that Witner should step up, but wouldnt be surprised for Crowell or Pos in time.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

BTW, John Murphy announced last night that Paul Posluszny will be the starting MLB on opening day for the Bills. Said Digiorgio gave him a real run and made Pos really work hard for it. But in the end Pos got it.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I understand exactly where your coming from. But im a big believer in Money doesnt buy you championships. For all the money the Yankees have spent, eclipsing the 200 million dollar cap sveral years ago, they havent won a world series in 5 years. the Florida Marlins with roughly 1/4 the payroll beat out the Yanks for the series. I dont think the Bills need to spend all that money to be successful in the league.

Lets see the guys they lost.
London Fletcher- I think we actually gained alot outta him leaving and having Paul Posluszny coming in. I didnt think much of Fletcher. Pos is bigger, stronger, faster, better tackler, better reader, better in coverage and bigger.
Takeo Spikes- We lost the emotional leader of our team, but he has barely been there the past two years. Great when he can play, but i dont see him getting back to his old self.
Nate Clements- Biggest loss, great corner, but was he the "right person" to pay that money to? Hell no. Not in the cover 2. I think we will see a drop from the RCB, but not as great as many make it out to be.
Willis Mcgahee- I think flat-out that even if we didnt get MArshawn Lynch or another RB, A-Train and Shaud Williams would be fine.
I dont consider Darwin Walker anymore because we never actually had him on the field.

As for the core that we drafted. Pos and Lynch are going to be stars and could easily win thier respected Rookie of the Years Awards. I think the neuleus that is there now is there for good. That is the oney they are saving up. I think with the way the OL is set, the development of Losman and Lynch in the backfield is awesome. I think they got the "right people" in there right now as well as management. I like the direction this team is heading in. I feel the have the talent to compete, may take a few games to get going, I think JP is going to step up and be the leader of the offense. I feel that Witner should step up, but wouldnt be surprised for Crowell or Pos in time.

Again, your comparison to the Yankees and Washington are really not relevant. We aren't talking about going out after other team's top players. Here, we are talking about retaining players who you want to keep, that's a whole different ballgame and we are not able to do it. It's not just the players we lost last year, it is the fact that every year we lose 1 or 2 very solid veterans to FA with little compensation. You cannot build a team that way and dreaming that you'll win OROY AND DROY is wishful thinking at best.
Rookies look great on paper but the fact remains that rookies usually take 3 years to become solid players who know what they are doing on a consistant basis. During those 3 years, Buffalo will lose another 3 to 6 starters to FA and the cycle goes on and on.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Again, your comparison to the Yankees and Washington are really not relevant. We aren't talking about going out after other team's top players. Here, we are talking about retaining players who you want to keep, that's a whole different ballgame and we are not able to do it. It's not just the players we lost last year, it is the fact that every year we lose 1 or 2 very solid veterans to FA with little compensation. You cannot build a team that way and dreaming that you'll win OROY AND DROY is wishful thinking at best.
Rookies look great on paper but the fact remains that rookies usually take 3 years to become solid players who know what they are doing on a consistant basis. During those 3 years, Buffalo will lose another 3 to 6 starters to FA and the cycle goes on and on.
Well, my points including New York and Florida are relevant. They are showing you how teams with large salaries and small ones win.

I odnt think your understanding my point. Im arguing that the core or nucleus, which ever your prefer, right now is there for years. They have Losman locked up long-term, Lynch lonrg-term, most of the OL long term, Lee Evans long-term. 90% of the defense is signed long-term as well. Including Pos, Witner, Simpson, Schobel, Deney, Hargrove, Williams, Mccargo, Crowell, Ellison...you see my point.

You talk about not having these players and losing them to FA, but the fact remains that these players wone be lost to FA for at least 4-5 years. I feel that the rookies that we have on this team can succeed quickly. Especially Pos, who I think was NFL ready this year, and should've been the top LB two years ago.

You beginning to understand my point? Right now I dont see us losing any real improtant players like we lost this off-season for years to come. This team could be together for several years, and the outlook to me looks great.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well, my points including New York and Florida are relevant. They are showing you how teams with large salaries and small ones win.

I odnt think your understanding my point. Im arguing that the core or nucleus, which ever your prefer, right now is there for years. They have Losman locked up long-term, Lynch lonrg-term, most of the OL long term, Lee Evans long-term. 90% of the defense is signed long-term as well. Including Pos, Witner, Simpson, Schobel, Deney, Hargrove, Williams, Mccargo, Crowell, Ellison...you see my point.

You talk about not having these players and losing them to FA, but the fact remains that these players wone be lost to FA for at least 4-5 years. I feel that the rookies that we have on this team can succeed quickly. Especially Pos, who I think was NFL ready this year, and should've been the top LB two years ago.

You beginning to understand my point? Right now I dont see us losing any real improtant players like we lost this off-season for years to come. This team could be together for several years, and the outlook to me looks great.
I think you are again a bit naive. 1st round picks usually have a 4 year contract, players drafted in other rounds get no more than a 3 year contract. Have Losman and Evans renegotiated their contracts for extensions, I'm not sure! Williams and Ellison would only have 2 years remaining. A lot of the OLmen would only have 2 year contracts. Yes Lynch and Pos will be around for another 4 years but few others have contracts that go that long.
As for Poz, I love the guy but pro scouts are worried about his injury and how long he will play. That's why he lasted until round 2.
The steady stream of players will continue out of Buffalo and we won't be able to keep this team intact for 4 or 5 years. No way.
I'd guess your pretty young and the realities of Buffalo sports hasn't sunk in. We are one of the smallest markets in all of pro sports and that translates to low revenues which translates to great difficulty in retaining players. You saw the results in Hockey and Football this past off season. This is not a one time occurrence, this is simply the facts of not having enough revenue to retain players. Pre FA Buffalo could compete and retain its players, post FA, Buffalo has one of the worst records in pro football over the last decade, and every time we get close to being competitive, we lose a star or 2 to FA and have to rebuild for the umpteen time. I hate it but that is reality in the money world of pro sports. We might get 1 shot at a championship but not 4 or 5 years of keeping our players intact. Your dreaming if you think otherwise.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think you are again a bit naive. 1st round picks usually have a 4 year contract, players drafted in other rounds get no more than a 3 year contract. Have Losman and Evans renegotiated their contracts for extensions, I'm not sure! Williams and Ellison would only have 2 years remaining. A lot of the OLmen would only have 2 year contracts. Yes Lynch and Pos will be around for another 4 years but few others have contracts that go that long.
As for Poz, I love the guy but pro scouts are worried about his injury and how long he will play. That's why he lasted until round 2.
The steady stream of players will continue out of Buffalo and we won't be able to keep this team intact for 4 or 5 years. No way.
I'd guess your pretty young and the realities of Buffalo sports hasn't sunk in. We are one of the smallest markets in all of pro sports and that translates to low revenues which translates to great difficulty in retaining players. You saw the results in Hockey and Football this past off season. This is not a one time occurrence, this is simply the facts of not having enough revenue to retain players. Pre FA Buffalo could compete and retain its players, post FA, Buffalo has one of the worst records in pro football over the last decade, and every time we get close to being competitive, we lose a star or 2 to FA and have to rebuild for the umpteen time. I hate it but that is reality in the money world of pro sports. We might get 1 shot at a championship but not 4 or 5 years of keeping our players intact. Your dreaming if you think otherwise.

Well, dont quote me on this, but I believe that Losman signed an extension. As for Pos, I think that alldoubt should have been gone after he played this whole year of college with no problems reoccuring.

I understand what you are saying about the Buffalo market. Look at the Sabres tho. They build through the draft and with young players. I like the core of this team. The Bills have Peters, Dockery and Walker all long term, and I odnt think that any of the other ones are going to command so much more money thay need to leave Buffalo. Like I said before, the previous Bills team was probably as good as it was gonna get with the cast of characters in there. I like the new guys, and I think the Bills management have understood that they dont have the monet and are playing accordingly. However, at the same time, There is a cap in this league, and I think the Bills are able to use enough money and sign who they need to sign. Take a look at the OL this past off-season. The Bills were no differnt in early 90's. Same market and structure. They built through the draft and some key signees here and there.

My point exactly is that they win with the right people. What the Bills need are not attitude cases like Willis Mcgahee, but rather people who want to succeed and be better and win. Example, JP Losman. That is how this team is going. I see nothing but guys like that across the roster. Guys like Lynch, Pos, Witner, Evans, Parrish and Royal all will do what they need to in order to win. Example, Royal staying and blocking last year in order to help the OL. That is how this team is going to win. They need those type of guys, and the upper management has realized that and is usign that as thier starting point. They dont need the talent to compete. After all the turn-over in Pro Sports is unbelieveable. Look at the 07 Champs, the Colts, they lost have the starters from the defense, and Im sure they will be fine this year. Its the up and comers, and look at the all good teams in this league. Its the ones with the "right people". Take teams like Washington who just spend, and tell me where they are. I like the direction of this team.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
HerthaFootballFan
Rookie

Location: from Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany but now living in Buffalo
HerthaFootballFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have a question for residents of Buffalo, I just moved here and it seems to me that from somewhere there is a lot money being put into getting this city to grow. Can anyone tell me some more about this. So far I am really enjoying my time here in america, my english is slowly getting good enough so people understand me and the city is pleasing to me, as such i would like to learn more about it.
HerthaFootballFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well, dont quote me on this, but I believe that Losman signed an extension. As for Pos, I think that alldoubt should have been gone after he played this whole year of college with no problems reoccuring.

I understand what you are saying about the Buffalo market. Look at the Sabres tho. They build through the draft and with young players. I like the core of this team. The Bills have Peters, Dockery and Walker all long term, and I odnt think that any of the other ones are going to command so much more money thay need to leave Buffalo. Like I said before, the previous Bills team was probably as good as it was gonna get with the cast of characters in there. I like the new guys, and I think the Bills management have understood that they dont have the monet and are playing accordingly. However, at the same time, There is a cap in this league, and I think the Bills are able to use enough money and sign who they need to sign. Take a look at the OL this past off-season. The Bills were no differnt in early 90's. Same market and structure. They built through the draft and some key signees here and there.

My point exactly is that they win with the right people. What the Bills need are not attitude cases like Willis Mcgahee, but rather people who want to succeed and be better and win. Example, JP Losman. That is how this team is going. I see nothing but guys like that across the roster. Guys like Lynch, Pos, Witner, Evans, Parrish and Royal all will do what they need to in order to win. Example, Royal staying and blocking last year in order to help the OL. That is how this team is going to win. They need those type of guys, and the upper management has realized that and is usign that as thier starting point. They dont need the talent to compete. After all the turn-over in Pro Sports is unbelieveable. Look at the 07 Champs, the Colts, they lost have the starters from the defense, and Im sure they will be fine this year. Its the up and comers, and look at the all good teams in this league. Its the ones with the "right people". Take teams like Washington who just spend, and tell me where they are. I like the direction of this team.
If you want to talk about the cap then you have to understand that Buffalo is consistently spending 7-10 million under the cap on a yearly basis. Championship teams don't do that. If they lose a player it is because they are capped out or simply don't want him any longer. According to Levy, we lose players who we want to keep but simply cannot afford because we lack the money. Indy spends to their cap limit and it shows on the field. We don't and that inevidably shows on the field as well.
Your right people argument is rubbish. Losing teams always talk about getting the right people. It takes talent to win in the NFL and teams always prefer talent over non talent no matter how nice a player is. You think any team drafts player because they aren't the right people. Every team tries to draft the right people as long as they have talent. Without talent, the right people will keep you in last place forever.
As for Poz, he was a 2nd rounder because of his injury. Football is a very tough sport and once injured, it can shorten your career significantly. I hope it never bothers him again but he wasn't the same player last year that he was before the injury and we just have to pray he is fully recovered.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

What I said before about being an armchair fan or a FOOTBALL fan is true. I think you are an arm chair fan. People feed you numbers and you take them try to make them the truth. Your not undertanding my point of "Right people". IF you truly knew the game, you would understand who and what the "right people" are. OBvioulsly you need to have talent to win, but in the NFL who doesnt have talent? They are all pretty good ball players. Some are better then others, yes, but thats where the "right people" come in to play.

Let me give you an example. JP Losman has been nothing much his first two years with the Bills. People thought we should dump him and go get a new QB. However, every year he has gotten better, and we saw just how much better he got this past year and especially towards the end of the year. JP has said he wants nothing more than to be better and bring a championship to Buffalo, and that he is going to work harder then ever for it. That is the RIGHT person.
Willis Mcgahee on the other hand. Never showed up to the team conditioning sessions, never sorked harder than the others to be better. Never stood up to be a leader. Ran off at the mouth calling himself the best RB in the league etc. Not the RIGHT person.

You understand my point yet about right person? Like I said before, they obviously need talent, and they wouldnt be there if they didnt have talent. More examples of having the right people. Washington spends like crazy, getting all thi talent via FA, but have they won anything since spending the money. NOPE. How about Dallas. Granted they have a ton of talent on offense and defense, and how far did they get last year? New England has no right bein at the top of the league year in and year out. They shoudn't have been able to compete with San Diego last year. I would say San Diego had WAY more talent than New England, and you tell me that the RIGHT people arguement is rubbish. Geez, you obviously sit at home and get fed all this junk from the media and think your right by saying it. But really your not right at all.

I look at the core of this team, and I see nothing but a bright future. You want another example of the RIGHT person w/ talent I might add. Marshawn Lynch. He is the ultimate team player. Will do what he needs to do to win, takes the fans over the media. Right there that shows me that he would rather sign autographs for the fans than speak about himself. This is what I see from this team. And you obivoulsy aren't a TRUE football fan judging by your knowledge of this topic. Ive given you several eamples of how it can work. The Bills right now have talent to comepte in this league. Witner and Simprons showed it, Schobel and Denne showed it, Crowell and Ellison to a degree showed it, Mcgee showed it. Losman, Evans, Royal the entire OL showed it.

I dont see any point for your argument. Ive proved almost every point you had wrong with FACTS. Like I said before, how did the Jets make the playoffs, yet the Bills had better talent than the JETS? The Bills had more TALENT than Jets, like you said you need talent to win, yet the Bills didnt make it and the Jets did. The Jets had the "RIGHT PEOPLE" and the Bills didnt't. That why.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerthaFootballFan View Post
I have a question for residents of Buffalo, I just moved here and it seems to me that from somewhere there is a lot money being put into getting this city to grow. Can anyone tell me some more about this. So far I am really enjoying my time here in america, my english is slowly getting good enough so people understand me and the city is pleasing to me, as such i would like to learn more about it.

Welcome to the greatest city in America (even the world)

Yeah a lot of money is being put in, but we're still losing money. Businesses such as New Era staying in town has really helped. Expect more when Giambra get's his worthless ass out of the Erie County Executive seat.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a tad far fetched but I say we bring in Bill Swancutt. So far he's been cut by Detroit, who hes been with for a while, and Oakland this month

Ive always been a big fan of his potential and Id love to see him compete for a backup DE spot.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neufeld hurts his knee, not sure if it's serious or not. I like Neufeld and he's one of our most seniored players, but I really want to see Cieslak out there more.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Congrats to Thurman Thomas.
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mega-crap. Hargrove arrested for striking a police officer/resisting arrest.

http://www.rnews.com/Story_2004.cfm?...&catego ry=10
Old 08-05-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post

as much as i like him and the trade, we all know marv won't.

More of a reason to get Bill Swancutt.

Yes, congrats to Thurman. I would've love to have been there.

And at H-Back i definitely think Cieslak should start. Ive liked him since we got him as a UDFA. When Neufeld comes back it's down to the end competition between Schouman, Cieslak, and him.

Old 08-06-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Webster and McCargo participated

Today
Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:21 PM ET | Link

WEBSTER AND MCCARGO PARTICIPATED: Jason Webster appears to be ready to return from his hamstring injury suffered last week. Webster participated in the morning walk-through and took reps in 7-on-7 work. Whether he'll participate fully in the night practice remains to be seen. They may just ease him back in with only 7-on-7 work, but he's close to full go.
John McCargo also participated in the walk-through this morning which could indicate he's close to returning from a strained oblique muscle in his abdomen. However, aside from doing walk-through the linemen just went to the weight room for lifting, so it's a bit more difficult to determine what exactly McCargo will and will not be doing tonight.
---

Good news on both parts.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Webster and McCargo participated

Today
Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:21 PM ET | Link

WEBSTER AND MCCARGO PARTICIPATED: Jason Webster appears to be ready to return from his hamstring injury suffered last week. Webster participated in the morning walk-through and took reps in 7-on-7 work. Whether he'll participate fully in the night practice remains to be seen. They may just ease him back in with only 7-on-7 work, but he's close to full go.
John McCargo also participated in the walk-through this morning which could indicate he's close to returning from a strained oblique muscle in his abdomen. However, aside from doing walk-through the linemen just went to the weight room for lifting, so it's a bit more difficult to determine what exactly McCargo will and will not be doing tonight.
---

Good news on both parts.
yeah it's great to have Webster back. He'll be starting im calling it now

Old 08-07-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5035

Boy I sure am a huge fan of Leonhard, I like how this displayed his hard work and knowledge of the game. He might start on Friday if Whitner isn't a go. First backup for both safety spots. Can't wait to see how the other backup spots fill up. Wilson was still running second team today, and Trevor Hooper, who I know pretty much nothing about, filled in at FS while Leonhard was up with the ones.

-----------------------

I'm hearing a lot of good thigns about Kelsay-Tripps-Williams, but I'm not sure if I should just attribute this to the right side of our o-line or not.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5035

Boy I sure am a huge fan of Leonhard, I like how this displayed his hard work and knowledge of the game. He might start on Friday if Whitner isn't a go. First backup for both safety spots. Can't wait to see how the other backup spots fill up. Wilson was still running second team today, and Trevor Hooper, who I know pretty much nothing about, filled in at FS while Leonhard was up with the ones.

-----------------------

I'm hearing a lot of good thigns about Kelsay-Tripps-Williams, but I'm not sure if I should just attribute this to the right side of our o-line or not.
****, no word on Wendling in that article.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah, thanks for that fifth rounder, by the way... :D
Old 08-11-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Uggghhhh

Hargrove suspended four games, but not for the arrest incident. This is for violating the substance abuse policy.

Goodbye Tony.