Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 10-25-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
How did Trent stick it to Dallas? -Unanswered (I may already know what you mean by this, but in that assumption we have very different definitions of "sticking it to them".

How is this the best team on the field in nearly 10 years? -Unanswered.
There is no way this team is better than the team that lost in the Playoffs to Tennesee
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
How did Trent stick it to Dallas? -Unanswered (I may already know what you mean by this, but in that assumption we have very different definitions of "sticking it to them".

How is this the best team on the field in nearly 10 years? -Unanswered.
Well, obviously im looking at it in a different perspective. Ill give the rundown on how this is a better team than we've had in nearly 10 years.
1. No other team has worked harder than this team, especially the defense.
2. The OL is better than any from the past 10.
3. Marshawn is better than Willis.
4. Trent Edwards of what JP has done and Drew did in Buffalo.

Well, you can look at however you want. But to me, Trent did dam near enough to win the game agaisnt Dallas. He kept the Cowboys off the field for just 2 seconds less than it should've been. He really worked the small ball effectively, and moved ncie drive up the field, just couldnt finish them. But for a guy in his second start, on prime time on MNF, i dont blame him. I can name several reason why we lost. I dont put it solely on Trent.

Hey after all, one of the guys we are praising so much on this site is Jabari Greer, but if he caught that INT that could've been that he blatenly droped while cover TO, Jason Witten would have never cuaght that TD pass the next play!
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
There is no way this team is better than the team that lost in the Playoffs to Tennesee
lol, i didnt say EXACTLY 10 years. I said within 10 years, I know its not better than that team, but that was what 1999, 8 years ago.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Yeah but Travis Henry was and still is better than Marshawn
Old 10-25-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Yeah but Travis Henry was and still is better than Marshawn
I will beg to differ. But if you look at the whole team instead of individualy which I will right now, I dont think there is a team in the last 7-8 years that can beat this team. The only that could give them a run would be the team of 2003 (I think, the one with a top defense), but I still think Trent could move the ball on them.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this team isnt better than the team we had when we went 9-7
Old 10-25-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't argue on behalf of any of our recent teams, but this team out there right now is really not that impressive.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I won't argue on behalf of any of our recent teams, but this team out there right now is really not that impressive.
Maybe I just look at it in a different way. I see a defense that has been overlooked by just about everyone in the league, yet has managed to help win games by their big play ability. I see an offense that is getting better each week, and does one more thing each week. They have minimal turnovers, and work the small ball, by moving the ball up the field and eating up a lot of time. I can elaborate more later.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe I just look at it in a different way. I see a defense that has been overlooked by just about everyone in the league, yet has managed to help win games by their big play ability. I see an offense that is getting better each week, and does one more thing each week. They have minimal turnovers, and work the small ball, by moving the ball up the field and eating up a lot of time. I can elaborate more later.
apparently u must love our boring offense, seeing how they tend to go 3 and out a bunch of times.

this offense is horrible, the run game has been good, but its gonna get better as the o-line gels, and there hasnt been a lot of big plays running or passing
Old 10-26-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
apparently u must love our boring offense, seeing how they tend to go 3 and out a bunch of times.

this offense is horrible, the run game has been good, but its gonna get better as the o-line gels, and there hasnt been a lot of big plays running or passing
You mean a lot of 3 and outs when JP was in there?
Trent sustains drives. No denying that. Im pretty sure in the last 3 games Trent has started Buffalo has had a higher time of posession that their opponents.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You mean a lot of 3 and outs when JP was in there?
Trent sustains drives. No denying that. Im pretty sure in the last 3 games Trent has started Buffalo has had a higher time of posession that their opponents.

since when did i even mention edwards or losman in that last part i wrote??

how many times in the past few years have we had a higher TOP than other teams and still managed to lose??
a lot of times
Old 10-26-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
since when did i even mention edwards or losman in that last part i wrote??

how many times in the past few years have we had a higher TOP than other teams and still managed to lose??
a lot of times
Yea but your going against what you said. You said our offense goes 3 and out all the time. Yet you know said that we always have a higher TOP than other teams. I dont get it. Surely you cant go 3 and out all the time and STILL have a higher TOP!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
No..........
Old 10-26-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
No..........
yes....

id rather have a back who WONT go down on first contact and get the tough yards when u need them

plus every time mcgahee busts a long run he gets sick and pukes or need IV's
Old 10-26-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he hasnt gone down on first contact in Baltimore. I think the deal worked out for both teams. You guys get a up and coming star and a couple of draft picks. We get a RB who had potential to flourish with our U connection.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:32 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
he hasnt gone down on first contact in Baltimore. I think the deal worked out for both teams. You guys get a up and coming star and a couple of draft picks. We get a RB who had potential to flourish with our U connection.
i agree....

McGahee didnt wanna be here..... he obv likes it in Balt

like u said,
u got a young HB who still has a lot of potential to be very good

and we get a young(er) HB who fits our offense alot better than McGahee did

another + i can add is, that your 3rd rounder got us Trent Edwards
Old 10-28-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Prediction time

Buffalo 20 NYJ 17

Edwards throws for a TD and 2 INTs

Lynch rushes for 100+ yards and a TD
Old 10-28-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect the Jets to keep eight in the box vs. Lynch and to double Evans all game, but hopefully that helps open up things for Edwards and other guys like Roscoe and Reed. I like the Bills too, the Jets still have a hole at left guard (nice job trading away Pete Kendall, idiots) and hopefully that bodes well for John McCargo who has been the Bills' best lineman so far this season.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I expect the Jets to keep eight in the box vs. Lynch and to double Evans all game, but hopefully that helps open up things for Edwards and other guys like Roscoe and Reed. I like the Bills too, the Jets still have a hole at left guard (nice job trading away Pete Kendall, idiots) and hopefully that bodes well for John McCargo who has been the Bills' best lineman so far this season.
I'm really not worried about the Jets defense with Jonathan Vilma and Justin Miller out
Old 10-28-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills - 23
Jets - 14

Trent Edwards: 227 passing yards, 1 TD, 5 rushing yards
Marshawn Lynch: 114 rushing yards, 1 TD, 25 receiving yards
Lee Evans: 114 receivng yards, 1 TD
Roscoe Parrish: 45 receiving yards
Josh Reed: 28 receiving yards
Michael Gaines: 7 receiving yards
Robert Royal: 5 receiving yards
Dwayne Wright: 11 rushing yards, 3 receiving yards

(They'll all be right on the dot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Buffalo 28
NY 10

Trent Edwards will complete about 75% of pases and throw for about 225 yards and 2 TD's.
Marshawn will go for about 115 yards and 1 TD.
Im calling on the defense/Special Teams to come up with a TD as well.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do we start next week? IMO, it should be JP. He deserves another chance. He came into the game, and performed well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee Evans completely bailed out JP Losman on that touchdown play, that very well could have been a critical interception if Evans didn't fight for the ball and win. It looked like Evans actually stole an interception, I wouldn't give Losman credit for that play.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Lee Evans completely bailed out JP Losman on that touchdown play, that very well could have been a critical interception if Evans didn't fight for the ball and win. It looked like Evans actually stole an interception, I wouldn't give Losman credit for that play.
i give credit b/c a good QB throws the ball and lets his WR make a play....

lee hasnt tried that hard to fight for the ball while Edwards was in
Old 10-28-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Man that game throws a wrench into the gears for next week. back to a QB controversey