Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 12-16-2006, 04:37 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco31fb
Looks like I'll be posted up on my computer watching NFL.com GameCentre or whatever it's called, watching Blue and Green lines go back and forth on a screen. Yea for me. If I listenned to it online, its about 5 minutes slower than NFL.com. Can't wait that long. Bills are gonna win anyway. Harrington will remember what it was like to play in Detroit.
In a dome?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant he'll suck on sunday
Always gotta be a smartass.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:00 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Looks like I'll be posted up on my computer watching NFL.com GameCentre or whatever it's called, watching Blue and Green lines go back and forth on a screen. Yea for me. If I listenned to it online, its about 5 minutes slower than NFL.com. Can't wait that long. Bills are gonna win anyway. Harrington will remember what it was like to play in Detroit.
In a dome?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant he'll suck on sunday
Always gotta be a smartass.
I seriously thought you meant he would be cold. I had to edit to save face
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:59 AM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How come your offensive line play has been so stellar this year?
Is it good coaching or just underated talent?
Has Peters been the answer at LT?
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 09:56 AM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianWilson12
How come your offensive line play has been so stellar this year?
Is it good coaching or just underated talent?
Has Peters been the answer at LT?
Our O-Line play has been far from stellar, but it really got better when we switched up the lines and moved Jason Peters to LT and Gandy inside to LG. Pennington has done a very good job at RT, especially for a 7th round rookie. Melvin Fowler is a very solid center and I'd say our weakest current point on the line is at RG in Duke Preston because while he can pass protect he dosen't always get good push and run block well. I'd say it's a mix of coaching and underrated talent.

Peters is most definetly the answer at LT and a real amazing story, coming how far he has from being an Undrafted Rookie 300+ pound TE to a stud LT. I honestly think he could be a Pro Bowler soon.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:58 AM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How's everyone getting through the blackout? I'll be "watching" the game on NFL.com. Lucky for me the Raps game is on at 1, so I can watch that instead. I'd rather watch the Bills thrash the Fins though. Happy Blackout Day.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:39 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow J.P Losman is a beast, better than Eli Manning at this point
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Congrats on kicking our ass today. We deserve to not win another game if Harrington starts again.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:10 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

21-0!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we bought some audio and got Miami's cadence?

And I just found out I'm flying up to Buffalo on Christmas day.(Too bad it couldnt have been a day or 2 before so I could go to the game verse Tennessee).
Old 12-17-2006, 04:03 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK. Looking at realistic situations with a tad of luck tossed in, this is the most liekly scenario for Bills to get in....

Bills win out (dur)
Jets lose in miami, beat Oakland, fisnish 9-7
If Cincy wins tomorrow: Beat Denver and Pitt, take top wild card seed. If they lose tomorrow, lose to Pitt, beat Denver Finish 11-5 or 9-7
Pittsburgh: W/L cincy, lose to Baltimore Finish 7-9 or 8-8
Denver: Beats ARZ and and SF, loses to Cincy. finish 9-7
Jacksonville: loses out, finishes 8-8
KC: loses to SD, beats Oak and Jax. Finish 9-7

Not sure how tiebreakers work exactly, but jets, bills, denver, KC, and possibly cincy all could be 9-7. (I'll use cincy as 10-6 or 11-5 and give them the #1 WC) Bills would have same division record as Jets, better conference record. Bills and Broncos have same conference record. KC have better division record than Broncos but same overall record so finish ahead in division. Bills then have better conference record than Chiefs.
(ALL OF THIS IS PROBABLY VERY WRONG)

Since I'm almost sure I'm wrong in there somwhere, lets just hope everyone else loses out
Old 12-17-2006, 04:40 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

I hate to think about playoffs because I don't want to get too excited but it definetly is a possibility and it makes me excited. Let's hope Zona can pull an upset and beat Denver here.

Also, I'd just like to share, today Nate once again played stellar. I really hope we re-sign him. He outcaught Chris Chambers!
Old 12-17-2006, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, I got to watch that blowout from the stands today and it was great. I am pretty sure I am going down again next week for the Titans game and I am pumped. If we end the Titans streak I will be so happy. Maybe finally after that Jauron will get some well deserved credit like Fisher has been getting. I mean if what Fisher has done has been so incredible what Jauron has brought to the team has certainly been great as well. I am getting tired of only hearing about Fisher and Payton this year and no one says anythings about what the Bills and Jauron have done lately. Let's put an end to the Titans winnings on sunday. Hopefully I will be there in the stands again next week if my buddy can pull through for me again. LETS GO BILLS!!! Great day for a Bills fan, heck even a Tulane fan is probably having some fun today.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20
I hate to think about playoffs because I don't want to get too excited but it definetly is a possibility and it makes me excited. Let's hope Zona can pull an upset and beat Denver here.

Also, I'd just like to share, today Nate once again played stellar. I really hope we re-sign him. He outcaught Chris Chambers!
Chambers sucks now. Anybody can cover him. Even if he is in the position to catch it, he will just drop it.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

are you guys going to resign kelsay?
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
are you guys going to resign kelsay?
Hope so. If we don't I am guessing that we will lock hargrove up long-term, otherwise that trade was 100% pointless and a waste of our fifth round pick.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost
Well, I got to watch that blowout from the stands today and it was great. I am pretty sure I am going down again next week for the Titans game and I am pumped. If we end the Titans streak I will be so happy. Maybe finally after that Jauron will get some well deserved credit like Fisher has been getting. I mean if what Fisher has done has been so incredible what Jauron has brought to the team has certainly been great as well. I am getting tired of only hearing about Fisher and Payton this year and no one says anythings about what the Bills and Jauron have done lately. Let's put an end to the Titans winnings on sunday. Hopefully I will be there in the stands again next week if my buddy can pull through for me again. LETS GO BILLS!!! Great day for a Bills fan, heck even a Tulane fan is probably having some fun today.
the ralph was rocking today baby. So glad I could be there!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we beat you guys, the Phins beat us, and you beat the Phins. What the hell?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:33 AM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone think the titans game will sell out now? not being able to see three games in a row has sucked. the radio just isn't the same.

also, anyone listen to the post-game interviews? losman talked about how london fletcher was the most vocal leader about focusing on the game, taking care of business, etc. i think all this is going to make it hard to let him go after the season. i want them to keep him and clements, but clements will cost so much, and how much do you realistically give a 32 year old (i think he's that he is 32) MLB?

we'll see how it plays out. hope we can keep them both.
UDFA: Chris Burnette (OG) | FA: Jermaine Gresham (TE)

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:22 AM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

I think we will resign Fletch, he's a big time vocal leader and can still play and he wants to be here. We can draft his eventual replacment in Round 3 or so with a guy like Anthony Waters.

As for Nate, I really want to pay the guy but some team(I bet the Skins) will offer him an outrageous contract. We can't Franchise him again, I think we should Transition Tag him, which is what Seattle did to Steve Hutchinson last year. I'm pretty sure, you get to match another teams highest offer OR recieve compensation.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost
the ralph was rocking today baby. So glad I could be there!!!!!!
That stadium was as intense as I have seen it lately, even though it wasn't even full. Bills fans are awsome, unfortunately our stadium has way too many seats for a team in a not so highly populated part of New York, plus there are 2 other New York teams that stole all of the inner-city fans pretty much.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:47 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
well, the dolphins suck
Old 12-18-2006, 03:47 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20
I think we will resign Fletch, he's a big time vocal leader and can still play and he wants to be here. We can draft his eventual replacment in Round 3 or so with a guy like Anthony Waters.

As for Nate, I really want to pay the guy but some team(I bet the Skins) will offer him an outrageous contract. We can't Franchise him again, I think we should Transition Tag him, which is what Seattle did to Steve Hutchinson last year. I'm pretty sure, you get to match another teams highest offer OR recieve compensation.
I don't want Nate to leave
I know we've had our problems but deep down I've always loved you Nate
Old 12-18-2006, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's going to be hard seeing Nate Clements play somewhere else but I think it's inevitable. We can only hope that Marv Levy gets some some compensation for Clements and with the way he's playing he's definatley worth a 2nd rounder.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Ace
Veteran

Ace needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
well, the dolphins suck
6-8 and 7-7 isn't that big of a difference. You better be glad that we had a QB who isn't worth a **** playing.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the thing with nate is that he can go on runs where he looks like one of the best players in the NFL. The interception on Sunday was awesome. But, then he can get in slumps, ala last year where he plays like a #2 CB, and that slump lasted almost the whole year. So the question is, will he ever be consistent enough to warrant the top 3 CB contract he will likely get? I am not sure. Given how he has played lately, I really want to sign him, but his great play is making it even more expensive to retain him, so it is a fine line. Since Ralph tends to be conservative and not gamble, I bet we dont sign him, but instead get another big name guy at a less premium position, ala Eric Stienbach.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be okay if Wilson shells out some money for Eric Steinbach and in the draft target a CB like Josh Wilson. That's a pretty good tradeoff.

Our run defense is still a problem and I think we are only one player away from becoming a good run stopping team and that player is Alan Branch.

A rotation of Alan Branch, Larry Tripplett, John McCargo and Kyle Williams is a pretty good rotation.

Who else has been impressed with how good Keith Ellison has been playing when called upon? Looking back at the draft Levy really found some steals in Ko Simpson, Terrence Pennington, Keith Ellison, Kyle Williams and Aaron Merz.

Not to mention guys like Ashton Youbouty and Brad Butler who are highly regarded around some circles.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote