Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 03-10-2012, 03:51 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
* Green going gives us an open TE slot to bring in Dallas Clark... ;)
Oh god no.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
Oh god no.
*If* Manning signs with us you know a bunch of his cronies are going to end up on the roster. We're actually in a good position to absorb them, because we don't have a veteran WR, veteran C or a receiving TE.

Clark looked like ass last year, but with Peyton it could be a different story. If you want to make this deal, you take the good with the bad.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The following story is a great read and will cut the Manning monotony on this board in half. Repost from a different thread.

As you all know, Turbin is my #1 guy. I had no clue about this story, though and after reading it, I now think even higher of him. I will say that many prospects go similar tough upbringings, and many still see their problems persist. What separates this kid from many of those guys is that he is well spoken, incredibly mature, and has legendary work ethic.

We knock on guys like Janoris Jenkins for having 4 kids for all the right reasons. We look at prospects at RB and say, "Wow, he'd fit great, I wonder if he has the work ethic to be great?" This guy does, unequivocally. Enjoy the read if you have 5 minutes.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPKC1NI3BS.DTL

He will have the second best career of any back in this year's draft. This kid is the 2nd strongest RB in this class, one of the biggest, has the 3rd biggest hands, one of the best pairs of hands, one of the fastest, the most mature, and one of the most powerful.

Last edited by Jimmy : 03-11-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
My take:

He will have the second best career of any back in this year's draft. This kid is the 2nd strongest RB in this class, one of the biggest, has the 3rd biggest hands, one of the best pairs of hands, one of the fastest, the most mature, and one of the most powerful.
His injury history will keep him from going as high as his physical talent and production warrant. Also, he's not quite the threat in the open field that his timed speed would suggest.

If I was looking for someone to run between the tackles, I'd aim for Richardson (1st round), Doug Martin (2nd round), Turbin (3rd round) or Vick Ballard (4th round). I think all of these guys will be able to pound the rock inside in the NFL.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
if i was you, i'd remove the picture of the story and just link to it. that there would've been deleted on any other board.
advice taken.

apparently Manning has narrowed down his choices to Denver and Arizona. I had a feeling the entire time he was gonna end up a Bronco. I think we are the favorites at this point.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
apparently Manning has narrowed down his choices to Denver and Arizona. I had a feeling the entire time he was gonna end up a Bronco. I think we are the favorites at this point.
Dmac at 104.3 seems to agree - as of 20 minutes ago he said he still thinks there's a 90% chance Peyton ends up in Denver. Reporters tend to hedge their bets on things like that, so that would suggest he knows something we don't.

Anyway, we'll all know soon enough... and no matter which way the decision goes, I think the offseason will continue to be very interesting for the Broncos.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Another interesting point - according to Mike Klis, the only guy we are trying to get signed before FA starts is Bunkley:

http://twitter.com/#!/MikeKlis/statu...88392450310144

That gives us a lot of room to maneuver in FA, which I'm sure Peyton would find appealing.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you want to make this deal, you take the good with the bad.
Very good point, but I honestly don't think Clark has anything left. Reggie Wayne makes more sense.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 03-11-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
Dmac at 104.3 seems to agree - as of 20 minutes ago he said he still thinks there's a 90% chance Peyton ends up in Denver. Reporters tend to hedge their bets on things like that, so that would suggest he knows something we don't.
Dmac doesn't know anything. He tends to get emotional about these things, so I'd take his opinion with a very large grain of salt.

Arizona makes a whole lot of sense with Larry Fitzgerald in place, and I think that alone makes them the favorites.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 03-11-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Arizona makes a whole lot of sense with Larry Fitzgerald in place, and I think that alone makes them the favorites.
Their OL situation is pretty poor, though. That's kind of a big deal considering where Peyton is in his career and his injury situation.

The other thing is that we won our division and a playoff game without Peyton. The Cardinals didn't go anywhere and there are two teams in their own division (49ers and Seattle) that are better positioned to make a run as it stands.

Much depends on the sales pitch. Hope our guys did a good job.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...roncos-sources

Quote:
Peyton Manning nearing decision, is impressed with Broncos, sources say
Well, it sure sounds like the Broncos' brass made an impression. It's hard to believe we are in this when just a week ago I thought Denver wasn't even on the radar for the Manning sweepstakes.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Also, Arizona is 12 Million OVER the cap, and that figure is assuming Arizona cuts Kolb and saves whatever million the number is.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Broncos FA

Cecil Lammey on Manning and FA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXwKq...ature=youtu.be

At the end, he's asked to name the guys the Broncos will go after in FA. His response:

* FB Mike Tolbert (Chargers)
* MLB Jameel McClain (Ravens)
* DE Matt Roth (Jaguars)
* various defensive backs

McClain over Dan Connor (who would seem to be an obvious target) is interesting. Tolbert would be a very nice weapon and the fit is good.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Sad to see Eddie Royal go...
Old 03-13-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Sad to see Eddie Royal go...
He needs to go elsewhere to turn things around. He hasn't been a reliable receiver for a while now. I'll miss his ability to return kicks and continue to wonder why we didn't use him more in that capacity.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
He needs to go elsewhere to turn things around. He hasn't been a reliable receiver for a while now. I'll miss his ability to return kicks and continue to wonder why we didn't use him more in that capacity.
One of the biggest "what could have been" Broncos stories of my lifetime. I hope that he tears it up with Washington. Didn't Shanahan have him in the doghouse his second and third years, though?

Anyway, I'd rather see him turn into a 2-3 time pro-bowler than see him bust. Don't care if he isn't a Bronco, he's a great guy.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
*mcdaniels, and yes in his 2nd year. then he just failed to use him properly.
To be fair, Royal is limited as a WR. Physically, he'd be nice as a slot receiver but his ability to read coverages on option routes just isn't there.

Shanahan had it right - keep things simple and play to his strengths. He looked pretty good grabbing those intermediate/deep passes off the bootleg back when Cutler was throwing the ball.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Denver signs S Mike Adams

http://twitter.com/#!/VicLombardi/st...11469429608449

Quote:
Mike Adams is great locker room guy. Great fit for Broncos. Just getting started.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
trufant in friday... i'd have rather had one of the guys who've already signed (marshall's contract wasn't bad), but he's still a step up from goodman.
Jameel McClain (LB from Ravens) and John Abraham (Falcons) also look to be coming in to visit. All defense so far... other than the Manning situation.

It would seem we are a dead lock to take a RB in the draft.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Love the addition of Adams. Shows a complete lack of confidence in Rahim Moore, though.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 03-15-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Love the addition of Adams. Shows a complete lack of confidence in Rahim Moore, though.
Or that Dawkins is done for sure. Or both.

Honestly, we couldn't afford to go into next season with Moore, Carter, Bruton and Bush as our safeties - that's just too much youth and too many question marks. Adams is a steady vet and we need that.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Geno Hayes (LB, Tampa) is also apparently coming in for a visit.

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-br...denver-broncos

Fast, athletic guy who can cover - kinda fits Fox's mould. He got benched at least once for poor tackling, though.

Vic Lombardi tweeted something about there being more FA signings when EFX get back to Denver tonight. McClain and Trufant, or someone else?
Old 03-18-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Thank God We Resigned Joe Mays
Old 03-18-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thank God We Resigned Joe Mays
I sure hope it is only to play special teams. He is our weakest link on defense and that makes us a bad defense.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

That windbag Mike Lombardi was on NFLN earlier saying the Broncos have told the free agents they've been in contact with that everything is on hold until Manning makes his decision.

Good old front office paralysis. Well, Peyton, get the **** on with it so our execs can actually improve our ******* ****** roster.