Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 01-06-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
ginn won't be there, someone will fall in love with the athleticism and take him well before they should.

and didn't we learn from the last guy we drafted just becasue he was fast? assuming he plays football, i'd rather get samardzija there.
Hell NO!

Sorry, don't mean to sound blunt, but he's one of the most overrated receivers imo. He's not a good blocker and he's slow. He's not that great of a WR period... he just gets a lot of recognition for playing on ND and with Quinn. He's not horrible, but he's not a WR you want to pick up in the first round. He's gonna be someone like that Browns' WR (Jarikevicious [sp?]) at BEST.

If we get a RB, I petition for Bush over Lynch. Bush is a better RB when healthy and he will slip b/c he hasn't played this year. Also, Lynch I feel is a big beneficiary of Cal's offense. Look at the past two top picks from that school.... Aaron Rodgers and JJ Arrington... Lynch is better than Arrington but I still don't think he is THAT great.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default thought

Antonio Pittman will likely come out early.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls0...t&lid=tab2pos1
Small but fast (first day)

I am also interested in Tony Hunt for a big bruising back.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=152310
Not fast but efficient, hits the hole and falls forward (first day)

As we know Shanahan has never taken a RB in 1st round. Last year he stated that if he had not been able to draft up for Cutler, he would have taken Lawrence Maroney at the 15 spot (obviously a kid with a great future in the NFL that ran in a zone blocking scheme at Minn.). While we sit here and speculate we all saw that with the game on the line, or even in the 4th, Tatum was not in the lineup. That means that Shanahan has no faith in him! That means that unless you think he is going to go with Mike Bell as an opening day starter next year, something will be done. I still like Tatum as a change of pace back in the 2nd half. But that is all I see him as on this team. Think trade or draft but something has to happen here judging by Shanahan. Remember in the SF game we were inside the 5 with 1st and goal 3 times. That will eat at Shanahan this offseason.

I would take Bush in a heartbeat over Lynch (same speed 35 lbs of size to take the wear of a #1 in our system.
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J. Wilson will rise to an early 2nd talent, but i think if tdenver sees him there with that 3rd pick we will grab him, mayube even 2nd

plus he played with foxworth which cant hurt

i hate to say this is a replacement for darrent williams, because it isnt. i think that regardless of his death we would look at a cb. Wilson would also be a threat in situational dime packages as a pass rush
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamaal Anderson declared at DE; this class is sick.

We can't miss.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There one free agent I really want

Alex Gibbs!

Heard ATL let him go with the Jim Mora firing. Our O-line sucked hardcore this year, Gibbs is the answer!!
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan

Alex Gibbs!

Heard ATL let him go with the Jim Mora firing. Our O-line sucked hardcore this year, Gibbs is the answer!!
that would be sick. i also want kubiak back.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Quote:
ginn won't be there, someone will fall in love with the athleticism and take him well before they should.

and didn't we learn from the last guy we drafted just becasue he was fast? assuming he plays football, i'd rather get samardzija there.
Hell NO!

Sorry, don't mean to sound blunt, but he's one of the most overrated receivers imo. He's not a good blocker and he's slow. He's not that great of a WR period... he just gets a lot of recognition for playing on ND and with Quinn. He's not horrible, but he's not a WR you want to pick up in the first round. He's gonna be someone like that Browns' WR (Jarikevicious [sp?]) at BEST.
and yet he's still a much more polished player than ginn is. i'll take a top notch route runner at WR over a guy who really, is just fast, any day of the week. *shrug* then again, i still hate the idea of a first round wr.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan

Alex Gibbs!

i don't like it. atlanta's offensive line hasn't exactly been good lately, and gibbs schemes encourage a lack of pass blocking skill.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy
J. Wilson will rise to an early 2nd talent, but i think if tdenver sees him there with that 3rd pick we will grab him, mayube even 2nd

i hate to say this is a replacement for darrent williams, because it isnt. i think that regardless of his death we would look at a cb. Wilson would also be a threat in situational dime packages as a pass rush
we have no business addressing DB that early. if we need warm bodies, there's free agency.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:

we have no business addressing DB that early. if we need warm bodies, there's free agency.
still if a talent like wilson falls that far, you have to at least take a glance in his direction. You are right, we definatly have bigger needs on the line, and CB isnt a priority, but i think we can afford to use a first day pic to grab a player of his quality if he by chance fell that far. I would also say the same thing about a great linebacker like timmons, or everett, because even though its clearly our best position, depth never hurt. i guess im a fan of depth. me, i really care the most if wether or not we get a good lineman (OT or DT)
Old 01-09-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i just don't believe that this team is in a position to spend first day picks on depth. we have too many glaring needs to draft solely with BPA in mind.

actually, let me be more clear: barring major FA acquisitions, i don't believe this team is in any position to spend high draft picks on depth. we need starting quality players at too many positions.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw on NFLN we fire Larry Coyer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/9918374

njx time to celebrate ya?

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott's going to have us drafting a corner; how cliche.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris

why does he think that we need a round 1? whatever, its only hurting him
Old 01-09-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/9918374

njx time to celebrate ya?
i'm already drunk (no, not seriously). :D

now, just don't promote from within. go hire someone who's demonstrated that the prevent defense is NOT a part of his playbook.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
:roll:

i see absolutely no reason for that pick given that the talent level, as far as i've seen, isn't even that high. then again, has scott gotten a single denver pick right in... ever?
Old 01-09-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

I think he may have picked DJ Williams. Dont hold me to it though. The forum wasnt around then
Old 01-10-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i thought so too, but iirc, Chris pointed out last year that he had us taking Jackson.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

true story:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/archive/2004/mock.html

further, scott has yet to correctly identify a denver first round pick. so whatever, let him give us a corner.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:54 AM    (permalink
3projectPAT6
Rookie

3projectPAT6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:

i know that this is just an expression, but given the broncos situation it sounds pretty insensitive and offensive...

Sig byDLS42
3projectPAT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:58 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Just curious because I have been known to be out of the loop. But off the top of my head (which isn't very accurate this late, but I'm too lazy to check) I would think that you guys need at least a FS and a nickelback if Foxworth is expected to take Williams' place as starting CB oppposite Bailey. Again, this is just thinking off the top of my head, but I can't think of anyone else past Bailey and Foxworth at CB and I can't think of an in-house replacement for Lynch.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular
Quote:
Quote:

Just curious because I have been known to be out of the loop. But off the top of my head (which isn't very accurate this late, but I'm too lazy to check) I would think that you guys need at least a FS and a nickelback if Foxworth is expected to take Williams' place as starting CB oppposite Bailey. Again, this is just thinking off the top of my head, but I can't think of anyone else past Bailey and Foxworth at CB and I can't think of an in-house replacement for Lynch.
Karl Paymah (drafted in the same class) would likely assume the nickel spot. Curome Cox is looking like Lynch's current heir apparent. safety is probably a need, but given the other holes, i just don't see it as a first round problem unless the first twenty picks are all defensive linemen and running backs.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3projectPAT6
Quote:
i know that this is just an expression, but given the broncos situation it sounds pretty insensitive and offensive...
:roll:

oh stop it.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
boppool
Rookie

boppool hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Quick question:

Weren't we supposed to get Redskins' first round choice along with their third for Lelie? My understanding was if Washington finished worse than us, which is the case, we were supposed to swap first round pick with their's. Does anyone know what happened? :shock:
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote