Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 01-20-2014, 02:43 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
I cant imagine that demaryius will get a catch on sherman, or that we will get a single yard rushing. The only chance demaryius has is a quick screeen where he ends up stiff arming sherman on the way to an 80 yd td. Or even better, welker just runs through sherman on a rub route and puts him on his arse.
Although I hate that this happened to Talib this week. I would enjoy it immensely if you did that to Sherman.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are you guys feeling about this game?? I'm rooting for you from Seattle in a bad way.

Such crap that it's played in New York.

Also, the Hawks CAN be run on. They tend to overcommit to the pass and teams have made them pay this year on the ground at times.

Your best chance against Sherman is safe throws and letting people get physical with him. He's actually pretty soft and much more of a finesse player. He jams well at the line but that's due to his superior technique and not physicality.

He also tends to play the deep ball, which he can be beat on, and they like to slide a backer or safety underneath. Your best bet is going to be Welker underneath but they need to shy him away from Chancellor. If Manning gets time, Thomas can get open deep against Sherman once or twice. But for the love of everything, do not throw a fade on Richard Sherman.

Defense is going to be the key. The Hawks offense is dreadful if you can stop their running game and get any semblance of pressure (which is not hard against them.) But if they get Lynch going? See ya.

I think you guys would have a great chance at routing them if you had the 2012 version of Von Miller. But without him? I don't know. The weather will favor them and they match up well against you.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 01-20-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
How are you guys feeling about this game?? I'm rooting for you from Seattle in a bad way.

Such crap that it's played in New York.

Also, the Hawks CAN be run on. They tend to overcommit to the pass and teams have made them pay this year on the ground at times.

Your best chance against Sherman is safe throws and letting people get physical with him. He's actually pretty soft and much more of a finesse player. He jams well at the line but that's due to his superior technique and not physicality.

He also tends to play the deep ball, which he can be beat on, and they like to slide a backer or safety underneath. Your best bet is going to be Welker underneath but they need to shy him away from Chancellor. If Manning gets time, Thomas can get open deep against Sherman once or twice. But for the love of everything, do not throw a fade on Richard Sherman.

Defense is going to be the key. The Hawks offense is dreadful if you can stop their running game and get any semblance of pressure (which is not hard against them.) But if they get Lynch going? See ya.

I think you guys would have a great chance at routing them if you had the 2012 version of Von Miller. But without him? I don't know. The weather will favor them and
I think I am most worried about the big passing plays. If Wilson can create time with his feet, then someone will be open down field. We cant cover **** if the qb has time. I think (hope) we can score some points on them, I dont think a shoot out will be ideal.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

you hit on most of the things that make me nervous. i don't trust our run defense. knighton and vickerson need to destroy the middle, and phillips needs to keep getting after wilson. our linebackers need to bloody tackle people. i think the game yesterday might've been very different if san francsico had just made tackles instead of trying to strip the ball from lynch.

we have to get good coverage on seattle's secondary wrs. they're not amazing players, but they're certainly capable of making big plays (like the touchdown catch on the 4th down play).

wilson, right now, doesn't scare me. but if he plays like he did at the beginning of the year, we'll need to score often to keep up.

peyton has to continue to play within himself and not second guess himself like he used to do in indy. he's been terrific so far, and as long as he and gase keep on attacking, i think they offense will be ok.

if peyton/gase or jdr fall back into 'prevent' ********, we'll get blown out in the second half no matter how well everyone else plays.

and in either case, we can't turn the ball over. not even once. if we can get a fumble and get points, or at least not give up any, i think it'll be a much closer game.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
peyton has to continue to play within himself and not second guess himself like he used to do in indy. he's been terrific so far, and as long as he and gase keep on attacking, i think they offense will be ok.

if peyton/gase or jdr fall back into 'prevent' ********, we'll get blown out in the second half no matter how well everyone else plays.
This. Seattle has struggled at times against hurry up offenses. They play a very intense brand of defense and if you can string together plays quickly, they do get tired.

A quick passing no-huddle attack is really the best way to beat them. They like to sub out defensive lineman and play situational football. If you can get them stuck out there they'll play overly conservatively and you can nickel and dime them all day.

The last 49ers drive is the perfect example. There were even people wide open on that last play and Kaep made a horrible decision. You don't want to throw up 50/50 balls against these guys because it's more like 80/20 favoring them.

They tend to lock onto one or two receivers in anticipation of a throw there and Manning just has to recognize who they are and move through his progressions quickly. Typically they play deeper shell coverage against the non-primary receivers so again, short stuff works.

Brees had Graham basically taken away and didn't adapt to it well enough. We'll see how Manning adapts when they take away the Thomas brothers (or maybe they decide to key on Welker and leave Julius in one on ones.)

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't trust our run defense. knighton and vickerson need to destroy the middle, and phillips needs to keep getting after wilson.
I am not sure big Vick will be much help in the SB.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Although I hate that this happened to Talib this week. I would enjoy it immensely if you did that to Sherman.
The hit on Talib doesnt sit particularly well with me either.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:16 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
I am not sure big Vick will be much help in the SB.
i'm an idiot.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a season the Broncos have had, and I'm so glad that it's still not over. This game against the Seahawks makes me nervous though, especially because they will be getting back Percy Harvin. While the Seahawks aren't a great offense, they make big plays. And that's exactly the weakness of our defense. We give up too many big plays. Containing Lynch is the obvious #1 priority, but slowing down Harvin is a very close 2nd.

Like everyone else, I'm very intrigued by the match-ups when the Broncos are on offense and Seattle is on defense. I don't think any defense, including Seattle's, has enough depth to handle all of our weapons... but I have a gut feeling that the receiver that they'll dare us to beat them with is Eric Decker. Really hoping Decker doesn't cry for PI calls in this game... doubt they'll award any to him - not against a D with the Seahawks' reputation.

And don't sleep on special teams. Keeping Harvin from giving Seattle good field position will be huge. And hopefully Holliday can give us a throwback game a la his performance against the Ravens last year.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
And don't sleep on special teams. Keeping Harvin from giving Seattle good field position will be huge. And hopefully Holliday can give us a throwback game a la his performance against the Ravens last year.
This is an interesting point. With the two playoff games so far in Denver, Holliday was completely irrelevant as kickoff returns arent part of the game and he wasnt punt returning. I almost forgot he existed. Clearly we wont let him return punts in the superbowl, but kickoffs could be interesting. That being said, Seattle kickoff coverage is undoubtedly better than ours, so we will probably lose the game that way.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

So after laughing at njx's response to someone in the mock draft forum, maybe we should post a list of draft needs somewhere. Clearly it will be difficult to do as there a few unknowns regarding the 1 yr rentals we have (and whether they are resigned), as well as one or two possible retirements, however;

- safety and cb are massive needs. Moore is ok as a starter, but overall our safeties never seem to make plays or be in a position to make plays. It would also be nice to get good young cb if there was one available.

- ilb. We are reasonably well set on the outside, but inside is not good.

- dline - Depends on what happens with Phillips and Ayers, but we have good depth, just not awesome starters. drafting dline doesnt seem the best option as at the end of the first we wont get a stud. Reaching into FA if necessary is probably more likely.

- wr seems to be a very likely draft need (which appears odd after the season we just had). Decker may be gone, Caldwell isnt awesome and a UFA and good chance Welker isnt around too long.

- OG is a possibility, depending on whether they resign Beadles or want to add depth.

- QB, TE are not high on the list. RB either, even if Moreno goes it is possible they will leave Ball and Hillman to carry the load.

- any other thoughts?
Old 01-27-2014, 11:48 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

cb, cb, cb, cb. maybe a safety. if we don't resign DRC, we're both stupid and screwed.

i'd take any LBer at this point.

and anything on the DL, though i hope we bring phillips back.

qb should be out, now that we have dysert to unseat osweiler. i imagine a rb would be a good late round call. i'd love a james wilder, if he falls.

i think we'll need a wr, and i'm honestly not opposed to taking one in the first. decker is gone unless he takes a huge cut, and there isn't anything on the roster to replace him. maybe a kelvin benjamin, if he doesn't end up shooting up boards any more than he already has.

interior o-line probably needs some depth, but i don't think any of the guys available early are worth it for us.

tackle might need 7th round depth, but with clark on the roster, that's it. te should definitely be out, since we need to get rid of some anyways.

all that said, we really need to just go BPA. yes, we have defensive needs, but i don't think anything available at our pick is likely to represent an immediate impact player. so just go talent, and worry about needs on day 3.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
tackle might need 7th round depth, but with clark on the roster, that's it. te should definitely be out, since we need to get rid of some anyways.
This might be stupid, but any chance that we shop either Chris Clark or Ryan Clady during the off-season? If Chris Clark plays well in the Super Bowl against Seattle, we could probably trade him for a player in a position of need or package him in a deal for a higher draft pick. I get that having a quality backup tackle paid off big time this year, but given Manning's limited timetable, do you think it might make sense to adopt a go-big-or-go-home approach next year? I also mention this because if we do go for a WR in the first round like you suggest, I think there is only one worth getting. And that's Sammy Watkins. It'd be like having two DTs on the field, plus Welker and JT.

If we don't move up in the draft, I like CB Darqueze Dennard from Michigan St. Only watched a few of Mich. St. games, but he really stood out to me as a physical and fairly polished DB who could contribute quickly.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:08 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i wouldn't, clady's ability post-injury isn't a sure thing, and no one's going to give us anything for him. and i can't imagine we'd get anything approaching the value clark gave us this year, especially given his contract.

i can't imagine dennard lasts to our pick, i imagine he goes top 15, along with gilbert. i think we're looking at more of a "flawed" (depending on your view of him) prospect like roby.

and i disagree on watkins. i think, around our pick, there could well be a lot of good value at the position for us, in terms of big, fast wrs. but i also don't think it's really a priority. and watkins will likely go top ten, and there's no way we'd be able to move up that high for him (at that point, might as well make the move for clowney).
Old 01-31-2014, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team needs to upgrade ever level of the defense: pass rushing DE, defensive tackle, linebacker, safety and cornerback.

The back end is the most concerning with the FA status of players, Bailey's contract and injuries to some of our players.

I think we can wait a round or two to go with the DL. We need some playmakers at LB and the DB first three rounds.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:41 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

What a ******* joke this team is.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What sucks is that if we had just played our regular brand of offense, we would have committed like 1-2 turnovers but it wouldn't be as bad as this...

Now we're "forced" to take actual chances in the second half and play the style of ball we've played all year. And it won't be as bad in the second, but this deficit...

Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The team was done from the 1st play. I find it hard to believe that you could be so unprepared for the moment. Unfortunately, I've born witness to this before way back in the day when the team crapped its pants on the field against 49ers.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:19 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Yup. Every part of the team just gave up. I hope champ just retires. ******* awful.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
The team was done from the 1st play. I find it hard to believe that you could be so unprepared for the moment. Unfortunately, I've born witness to this before way back in the day when the team crapped its pants on the field against 49ers.
See I was born into this like 22 years ago - spoiled. By the time I was 9 we had 2 rings. Guess it's my turn to suffer for a few decades.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:29 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

I hope the lesson taken was that the offensive game plan was terrible, and by that Peyton needs more weapons to call to get the ball to.

Every part of the defense besides, ironically, defensive tackle, needs so much work. I'm not sure there's a linebacker aside from trevathan who should be on the roster next year. The dbs aside from drc are pathetic.

It's just depressing how much worse than Seattle we really were at almost every position.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

cant get off the field in third and long. secondary is awful, just awful.

i need to forget about football for a few months. catch you all nearer to draft time.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Jack Del Rio get **** canned?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's just depressing how much worse than Seattle we really were at almost every position.
We came out and laid an egg, then gave up. I'm not sure the game was so much a talent evaluation as it was a motivation / heart evaluation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Does Jack Del Rio get **** canned?
I'd say the whole coaching staff should take a long look in the mirror.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:32 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
We came out and laid an egg, then gave up. I'm not sure the game was so much a talent evaluation as it was a motivation / heart evaluation.
i don't disagree that there was no motivation, but the defense was horrific. our wrs apparently couldn't get open (or peyton wasn't good enough to get it to them). our line couldn't block anyone. i just don't think there was a single player on the field where i could honestly say we had the better player. maybe wr, but then demaryius decided to just drop the ball. meh.

i really, really hope usc takes del rio, though. and that's an all season issue, not a last night issue.

what really sucks is that, usually, i'd have hockey to fall back on after the broncos disappoint. but even the red wings suck this year.