Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 02-26-2014, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneMaster67 View Post
What do you guys think are the chances of D'Qwell Jackson signing with the Broncos?
It would have to be a possibility. He would be an upgrade, though not sure he quite has the speed or coverage ability we would ideally want. If we upgrade our safeties, I would like him in the middle a heck of a lot more.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
so... i really, really want a safety out of this draft. i really like 4 of them (clinton-dix, pryor, buchannon, ward), and one of them is bound to be available to us.

and i think we should consider trading von.
I cant imagine we would have a shot at the first two, and I think we need to address the safety position in free agency. Would be happy enough if we brought in a mid-price vet in FA and then drafted a potential starting safety in the early to mid rounds.

Trade Von for Revis?
Old 02-28-2014, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
i think addressing safety in FA means selling out for byrd. i don't think anyone else gives us any value, and i'm not of the opinion that rahim moore is a difference maker for us.

that said, if we don't improve at safety, we won't win the super bowl.

and i dunno on trading von... it's hard to say what the value would be. but he's a potentially huge liability going into a contract year when we'll also need to resign a ton of guys. it'll help if this is peyton's last year, i guess.

yup. it's worse that he got caught enough times to get suspended.
While Byrd would be fantastic, I imagine we will make a run at Delmas or Bethea, or someone else at that level. Seems more like an Elway kind of a move.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't want any part of Delmas. Way too injury prone.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneMaster67 View Post
What do you guys think are the chances of D'Qwell Jackson signing with the Broncos?
He's in Denver tonight and tomorrow, so we have a shot. It certainly would be nice to have a real MLB again.

UPDATE: Looks like it was a decent visit, with Manning and others showing up to meet with the veteran LB...

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/440655479874666496

Last edited by Diehard : 03-03-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Hester anyone? Has to be a better punt return option than anyone else we have.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
ZoneMaster67
Rookie

ZoneMaster67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Looks like Denver missed out on Jackson. It's a shame, he could have been very helpful.

I believe Hester is passed it.
ZoneMaster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
on the plus side, holliday is gone. so now someone else can fumble every other punt return.

kind of meh on hester. i think he'll cost way more than he's worth.
What about Golden Tate? He is a great punt returner and knows how to run a crossing route. He isnt exactly a like for like replacement for Decker, but is perhaps a more useful weapon with his speed and yac skills.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:33 PM    (permalink
ZoneMaster67
Rookie

ZoneMaster67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
i'm pretty ok with tj ward. wish we had news on drc, though.
I was hoping for Byrd to play centerfield, but I'll take Ward if they can work out a way to get DRC back, and sign Alterraun Verner.
ZoneMaster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

I have to believe we will get one of the top corners, whether DRC returns or if not then one of the other ones. It is a huge need and there are quite a few decent FA corners available.

Ward is a great signing, considering how big an upgrade and the price we got him at.

The Jared Allen rumors are still pretty strong.

Interesting to see if (and who) we try and sign at MLB.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

so Marshall Faulk thinks Elway should get Ware, Peppers and Allen in a room together to convince them to take cap-friendly deals and all come to Denver to win a superbowl.

I could be down with that.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

So apparently we are the big players in FA. Talib signed now too. I wonder how much space that is going to leave to go after Ware/Allen/Peppers, a LB and another cb????
Old 03-11-2014, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
if the talib deal means we lose DRC, then we're ******* stupid and elway has actively made the team worse.
they are kind of a wash for me.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:02 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope you guys plan on running some hybrid or O/U 43 looks. Miller and Ware not rushing together would be a waste.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was an important piece for the Pats - that their hopes in the playoff game pretty much disintegrated when he was injured says a lot. My concern is more on the reliability side of things - when was the last time he played all 16 games in a season?

Anyway, the team has made serious moves to improve the secondary. I was concerned they wouldn't have the fortitude to even cut Champ, so I'm relatively pleased with how things have played out so far.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
I hope you guys plan on running some hybrid or O/U 43 looks. Miller and Ware not rushing together would be a waste.
I think Ware will take the spot that we've been trying to fill since Doom left - weakside DE. Then we'll go back to running more 4-3 under with our base personnel. In the nickel, Ware and Miller would be the ends.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:52 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was pretty happy when I heard we got Talib, I thought it was on a 1 or 2 year deal though, not super thrilled about the deal though.

Verner got 26.5 over 4 which you compare to Talib's 57 over 6, crazy.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

I think today has been pretty good. Not convinced the Talib deal is great, but we are about even at CB from last year IMO. We are also upgraded significantly at ss on a seemingly good value deal.

If we sign Ware then we are also significantly upgraded at pass rush.

At this stage it appears our def will be at least noticeably improved from last year, with the possibility on being vastly improved depending on how these other FA signings pan out.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:57 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Apparently we had 8 mil a year on the table for DRC.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:54 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

meh. i just don't think ware is a 43 DE. maybe i'm totally off base and he's played with his hand down enough that it won't be a weird transition, but it feels like drafting ayers for a 34 to me.
All depends on if he can stay healthy. He's had shoulder and elbow issues down the stretch the past 2 seasons, but at the start of this season he was healthy and looked like he hadn't lost a step. He's played a lot with his hand in the dirt throughout his career, although he's no spring chicken anymore and it may not be a bad idea to try and limit the amount of running down snaps he sees. The problem in Dallas was we never had any depth behind him, and he never came off the field... usually wore him down by the last month of the season. Keep him on a healthy snap count and he'll deliver for you consistently on passing downs.

Also never had anyone like Von Miller playing on the other side, which would be extremely intriguing to me... Ware stopped seeing 1 on 1s after his 2nd year.

He's not the best pass rusher in football anymore, but I wouldn't bat an eye if he produced a 15 sack season next year. The one thing about Ware is as he's gotten older he's always found new and creative ways to get the the QB, he's not one of those guys who solely relied on his speed off the edge which makes me believe he's got a lot left in the tank.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-12-2014 at 11:03 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:40 AM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, as a Giants fan I can attest that he plays with his hands in the dirt a lot. Also he is pretty stout against the run. The injuries are a concern, so weighing his against Allen in a tough decision, but injuries aside, Ware is the better player.

Is Phillips going to stay? How is your WR depth with Decker gone? Also, if you guys walk away with Verret or Fuller would you feel satisfied with your sceondary?

I know you guys were upset about losing DRC, but to me he is a guy that leaned heavily on his speed. He doesn't strike me as a very physical guy, and his technique wasnt all that great. I like the idea of you guys getting tougher and more physical. Its very much what John Fox's looks for in building a team.
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdownmaker View Post
Agreed, as a Giants fan I can attest that he plays with his hands in the dirt a lot. Also he is pretty stout against the run. The injuries are a concern, so weighing his against Allen in a tough decision, but injuries aside, Ware is the better player.

Is Phillips going to stay? How is your WR depth with Decker gone? Also, if you guys walk away with Verret or Fuller would you feel satisfied with your sceondary?

I know you guys were upset about losing DRC, but to me he is a guy that leaned heavily on his speed. He doesn't strike me as a very physical guy, and his technique wasnt all that great. I like the idea of you guys getting tougher and more physical. Its very much what John Fox's looks for in building a team.
Phillips becomes less important with Ware, however, Ayers would actually be worth having again now to play running downs. If Wolfe is fully healthy though, the d line depth is actually okay.

A starting cb from the draft would be ideal as of right now.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Interesting that apparently we were trying to sign Byrd originally as well (to pair up with Ward before the Talib deal).

10 mil left. Who do you think we sign next?
Old 03-12-2014, 04:35 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Interesting that apparently we were trying to sign Byrd originally as well (to pair up with Ward before the Talib deal).

10 mil left. Who do you think we sign next?
Well there was word earlier this morning that they were interested in both Beason and Daryl Smith to fill the middle linebacker void. Beason has since re-signed with the Giants, but Smith is still out there and has the Del Rio connection.

Other than finding a linebacker I think they'll let the rest of the big name free agents get signed then start working the mid-tier guys, and players looking for those one year "prove it" contracts. If Moreno and Ayers don't get any real enticing offers I could see them both back on cheap contracts, maybe roll the dice on a one year deal for someone like Hakeem Nicks to see if he can fill Deckers role. Maybe hope that DRC doesn't get what he's looking for on the open market and is willing to take a cheaper deal, or take a flyer on someone like Antonio Cromartie and hope they he can regain his health this season.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss DRC, but I have to give Elway credit. These FA signings were not just about talent acquisition. It was about changing the attitude of our defense. I always thought Ware was one of the more intimidating players on defense, and Taliab and Ward are about as physical as you can get in the secondary.

Only thing that worries me is giving so much guaranteed money to players with injury histories. These moves are all about winning the super bowl THIS season.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote