Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 10-06-2014, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cardinals

Still a lot of errors, but the score was more respectable this time. That they were still going for it on offense late was a big improvement. Considering the firepower the team possesses, we should definitely slam the door on teams rather than squat on a 1 score lead.

We couldn't do **** running the ball early, but Hillman and Juwan Thompson looked half decent toting the rock after the Cards defense was torched repeatedly through the air. Is Ball really that bad? Anyway, the old "pass to score, run to win" seems like it might work for us... at least at home, where defenses get gassed quickly.

The new kicker looked awfully shaky out there. Fox may have to man up and go for it on 4th down a little more.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:46 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

montee ball is knowshon moreno's ability to hit the hole as a rookie, combined with trent richardson's career inability to read and find holes. sure the run blocking hasn't been great, but he is just bad. i still think hillman is worse, but maybe just the speed helped.

we really need one of them to step up. i'd love for them to give juwan the nod next week, and just see what he can do.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
montee ball is knowshon moreno's ability to hit the hole as a rookie, combined with trent richardson's career inability to read and find holes. sure the run blocking hasn't been great, but he is just bad. i still think hillman is worse, but maybe just the speed helped.

we really need one of them to step up. i'd love for them to give juwan the nod next week, and just see what he can do.
Yeah, the diff seems to be that the OL/play-calling are opening miniscule holes in the running game and Hillmans speed was allowing him to get their before it closed. Guess maybe Ball is over-thinking/not reading things like Moreno before last season and just not hitting the hole hard enough.

I think Hillman has always looked reasonably dangerous in the run game, just had other issues.....guess we are about to find out.

I thought the def was good. The TD they gave up to Thomas was pretty freaky/unlucky, and several earlier big completions by Stanton were under a lot of pressure. One of the other TDs was also directly due to a **** turnover by Peyton.

Seems the season is hinging (besides general team health) on whether the run game can be improved to something better than downright embarrassing.
Timbathia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:11 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense still looks good. Running game is definitely better with hillman and thomson than with ball.

O line is just not impressive tho. Not sure what the issue is. I really thought they were better than what they are.

The game is a lot tougher when you spot the other team a c note in penalty yards.

Our special teams are also not special at all. We must be the worst team in the nfl at returning kickoffs and punts. Like, the worst by a really, really long way.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Franklin & ManRam are the two struggling most on the OL... the problem is that they line up side-by-side. If they had anyone credible at LG, I think moving Franklin back to RT would make sense as he's lost at guard.

As for the backs, its pretty clear Ball's hesitation and lack of burst were the major problem in the run game. Now if only Hillman wasn't good for a fumble every game.

The officiating in that game was fishy, to say the least. Entirely one sided. Did the crew suck or were they bought? Vegas reacted very poorly to that last score - apparently 95% of the bets were on the Broncos. I can feel my paranoia taking hold...
Old 10-19-2014, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

That was fun.

The run game was effective, the passing game was surgical, and the pass rush was awesome. It is nice for them all to actually live up to the expectations going into the game (against an undermanned team).

I still hate Rahim Moore. He looked out of place so many times tonight, and nothing will ever change the superbowl appearance he cost us.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
That was fun.
Indeed it was. I think that's the kind of play fans were expecting when they assembled this team in the offseason... and, yes, our standards/expectations are probably too high to be met on a weekly basis,

Quote:
I still hate Rahim Moore. He looked out of place so many times tonight, and nothing will ever change the superbowl appearance he cost us.
I saw a stat that said Kaepernick had a near-perfect QB rating on passes through against Moore in coverage. That's not the kind of stat any fan of this team wants to see.