Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 02-16-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
What do you guys think of Mike Bell? Any chance that he will be starting next year?
fantasy?

meh. i like the guy, but he wasn't a game breaking rb. i'd much rather him play a backup role and come in to give whoever's starting a breather.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NJX, any idea on whether Tatum Bell will be traded this offseason or not?
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i don't see it, but i don't see anyone giving us anything for him. getting benched because you can't hang onto the ball in key situations is not really a great way to get interest...
Old 02-18-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i don't see it, but i don't see anyone giving us anything for him. getting benched because you can't hang onto the ball in key situations is not really a great way to get interest...
Tatum Bell will be a quiescent player in the offseason for the reason indicatively stated above. :shock: :?
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Quote:
Tatum Bell will be a quiescent player in the offseason for the reason indicatively stated above. :shock: :?
that's one way to agree
Old 02-20-2007, 01:15 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im just tired of seeing Tatum starting, he's not consistent enough.

Is Mike Bell ready to take the load? :?
Old 02-20-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777

The problem is that both bells are inconsistent.

In any case, Tatum has the speed and is getting better as a complete back... his fumbling problem can be fixed (look at tiki)

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
What do you guys think of Mike Bell? Any chance that he will be starting next year?
fantasy?

meh. i like the guy, but he wasn't a game breaking rb. i'd much rather him play a backup role and come in to give whoever's starting a breather.
Yes fantasy.. I've signed him to a two years contract last year and I have to decide if trade him (for a 3rd round pick) or stick with him. He won me one game when he torched the Colts' defense :D

Is Tatum Bell gonna be the starter once again?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
djmakaveli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Quote:

The problem is that both bells are inconsistent.

In any case, Tatum has the speed and is getting better as a complete back... his fumbling problem can be fixed (look at tiki)
we need to trade up in the draft and get a consistent back- i like marshawn lynch he would run well with our zone blocking. we should trade tatum and at least give mike some more time as a backup i dont really see him being a full time back but i do like him. Tatum is way to inconsistent we should drop him.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
djmakaveli

Quote:
Originally Posted by M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27
what should we do on draft day
Drink heavily and hope to not get to upset with either who we picked, or who we could have picked that was still available when we picked.
lmao haha yea sounds good
Old 02-21-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

Do we get rid of Plummer in the next week?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

doubt it. for cap reasons, i think he gets cut june 1. he'll be with the team until then.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:05 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tatum Bell is the biggest waste of speed I have ever seen in my life. He has not clue how to use it. Slamming into Ashley Lelie's back when the only man left is right in front of you being blocked is not what NFL RB's do. ( I will never forget that play) Tatum is also, one of the least agile backs for a back of his speed. His speed/ agility ratio is one of the most off proportions in the league, i wouldnt be suprised if he had the most lopsided one. Tatum has awful vision, and i mean awful. He could never. never. never. find a hole in the line. Then mike bell comes in, who isnt faster, but more agile, and makes a quick cut and picks up 7 or 8. Honestly, i wish the best to tatum, but he is a waste of money.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
kwilliamsfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy
Tatum Bell is the biggest waste of speed I have ever seen in my life.
I agree. His inconsistency/unreliability is what really kills me. I hope that speed is worth a mid-round draft pick to some other team...
Old 02-22-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i'd love a 4th for him. i think we could swindle someone out of a 2008 3rd if we're willing to sit on him until training camp injuries hit.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
kwilliamsfa

Yeah, I'd happily take a 4th for him right now... and use that pick to grab some help for the OL. There should be some decent prospects available at that point.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
M
Rookie

Put Tatum in a package deal with Plummer or/and Foster, or/and Lynch - we have lots to work with on the block.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

you can't honestly believe lynch is tradeable.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about Tatum Bell and a 5th for Thomas Jones? I would really like Thomas Jones over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i doubt the bears have any interest in bell. i'd trade him for a 4th or so, and give up our late third for jones, assuming that lynch and peterson are out of trade up range.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

I haven't heard Micheal Turner's name being brought up in these discussions. I'd love to have this guy in Blue and Orange.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

not worth anywhere near what he'll cost.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:

Yeah and where do you expect that to be in terms of draft pick wise?
2 or 3?
Old 02-23-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah and where do you expect that to be in terms of draft pick wise?
2 or 3?
1 and 3. he'll likely get the high tender, and further, even if it's a sign and trade, he'll cost at least a first.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

I have stated it very clearly that a 36 year old Lynch can only do 1/2 of his job. He is one of the best on run support, and is a liability on pass protection. The new coach like to play more man on outside and put safeties in read and react zones - do you think Lynch can do this. I am sorry but he can no longer play at the speed of the position. Trade him while he still has value (Pro Bowl). When they have a 3 yard "step" on him within 15 yards of the line of scrimmage, it is time to say that the emperor has no clothes.

His leadership will be missed
His tackling will be missed
His run support will be missed

It is the right thing to do (trade him to Houston with Plummer for a higher draft pick).