Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 11-15-2006, 08:15 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Is Dumervil actually playing well or just geting worthless easy sacks?
his first couple were debatable, but he's been fantastic since. then again, i didn't see the oakland game.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:16 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i refuse to admit that anything printed in the rocky mountain news has any vague credibility.

on the other hand, at least it says nothing about us trying to take a TE in the first. and it doesn't look like any of the running backs we could get are worth a first for us (unless the skins are in position to get AD).
What?

No, Krieger talked to Shanahan and said he wanted to get Maroney last year. . . by using future picks.

I believe this 100%.

I also think that if Lynch comes out, we'll have a legit shot at him. We have a lot of picks and players to trade. . . so we'll see.
i'm just refusing to admit that i was wrong.

i'm also not sure how well lynch fits us. i'll need to try to tivo a cal game at some point and get a look at him.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i refuse to admit that anything printed in the rocky mountain news has any vague credibility.

on the other hand, at least it says nothing about us trying to take a TE in the first. and it doesn't look like any of the running backs we could get are worth a first for us (unless the skins are in position to get AD).
What?

No, Krieger talked to Shanahan and said he wanted to get Maroney last year. . . by using future picks.

I believe this 100%.

I also think that if Lynch comes out, we'll have a legit shot at him. We have a lot of picks and players to trade. . . so we'll see.
i'm just refusing to admit that i was wrong.

i'm also not sure how well lynch fits us. i'll need to try to tivo a cal game at some point and get a look at him.
I've watched several Cal games, and Lynch imo is overrated. Remember how good J.J. Arrington looked at Cal? Same thing w/Lynch in my opinion. If we get any rb, it should be Michael Bush... his stock might drop due to his injury if he wishes to declare for the draft... or we can wait to get Darren McFadden netxt year... the dude hits the hole with great power and with speed. He'd be perfect in our offense.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lynch and Arrington can't even be comparable, and dude. . . Arrington is running behind a crappy line.

Lynch can run, catch hell even pass. He's an excellent fit for us.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:01 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i have to imagine lynch is more nfl ready than arrington. ignoring anything else, i think he's got much better size (5-11/217 vs. 5-9/220ish [apparently? arrington looked much smaller to me]).
Old 11-17-2006, 10:31 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler News???

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i have to imagine lynch is more nfl ready than arrington. ignoring anything else, i think he's got much better size (5-11/217 vs. 5-9/220ish [apparently? arrington looked much smaller to me]).
Eh that may be true to some extent, but his production largely benefits from the Cal system... anyways, I'm not saying Lynch is bad... but he's not GREAT. He's a good notch below a healthy Michael Bush and Peterson.

Anyway, the RB who would be PERFECT in our system is Darren McFadden... but he's not eligible lol

So anyway, I find it funny how many ppl on ESPN are liking the Chargers to beat us... not realizing that we always beat them at home, Denver is the best at neutralizing LT, and PHillip Rivers has not played a defense as fast as ours (and in altitude too). I see no way in us losing UNLESS Jake gives the ball away like crazy. Otherwise, i think we easily win contrary to popular belief.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Quote:
Eh that may be true to some extent, but his production largely benefits from the Cal system... anyways, I'm not saying Lynch is bad... but he's not GREAT. He's a good notch below a healthy Michael Bush and Peterson.

Anyway, the RB who would be PERFECT in our system is Darren McFadden... but he's not eligible lol

So anyway, I find it funny how many ppl on ESPN are liking the Chargers to beat us... not realizing that we always beat them at home, Denver is the best at neutralizing LT, and PHillip Rivers has not played a defense as fast as ours (and in altitude too). I see no way in us losing UNLESS Jake gives the ball away like crazy. Otherwise, i think we easily win contrary to popular belief.
wow. i am stunned. Here's my thoughts:

1. Our defense is clearly overrated
2. Plummer needs to go (he only had two huge mistakes, but he just has too many 3&outs)
3. I really hated the playcalling this game. No playaction/bootleg and going on the fourth down at the 30 yd line with 3+min and 2 TOs?

Props to LT tho. That guy is a beast. The only thing that worries me now is how will we respond against KC on Thanksgiving? I'm unfortunately afraid of an emotional letdown.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After this game I think njx has put the rope, the duct tape, and the bullets in his car. Man I can only imagine how pissed off he is right now.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:51 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

plummer absolutely lost us that game. well, plummer and the fact that our defense refuses to cover anyone who starts the play in the backfield. realistically, we would lose every game by fifty points if the other team just lined up its wide receivers as running backs. but plummer has now cost us a crucial game with his complete mis-management of third downs (converting an incredible 40%) and his total lack of ability in the fourth quarter. he completely missed brandon marshall on a huge play. underthrew and generally failed to get the ball to rod smith on numerous occasions. i'm almost rooting for more losses, just so he'll get the hook sooner.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

I think what is being forgotten is how crappy our ST was.

I distinctly remember being opposed to cutting Sauerbrun, but it seemed like everyone else here liked Ernster. Well he has done crap. His punts are horrible and wobbly, and his kickoffs rarely go into the endzone unless the wind is behind him. But it's not all Ernster's fault, our ST coverage was pathetic. Numerous times we couldnt ******* tackle Turner and he always got up to the 35-40 yard line.

Old 11-20-2006, 11:05 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

our tackling overall was a complete joke. LT running through literally 8 members of our defense because NO ONE wrapped up was awful.

i think chukwurah's absence on the special teams was a serious blow (sort of like when burns left for the year or two). on the other hand, ernster did average something like 45 yards per punt (47.8 actually).

the biggest problem regardless, imo, was that jake was 2 for 9 in converting 3rd downs through the air. that's pathetic. no, that's worse than pathetic. it's either terrible play-calling or it's awful execution, and we stand no chance whatsoever in the playoffs with that kind of performance from our QB/offense.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we see Cutler now please?

And you guys clearly need a pass rush out of your front 4. You cannot be a consistent defensive if you rely on the blitz every game like you guys do. You need a rush out of the front 4.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Can we see Cutler now please?

And you guys clearly need a pass rush out of your front 4. You cannot be a consistent defensive if you rely on the blitz every game like you guys do. You need a rush out of the front 4.
lmao. Um... thanks for stating the obvious?

Anyway... through thanksgiving break I had predicted before the season for us to have an 8-3 record... of course my losses that I thought would be were @NE, @Pitt, and @KC. Right now we are 7-3, so if we can beat KC on Thanksgiving, it should be all good... my only concern is that they are damn near unbeatable for us at Arrowhead.

Btw... did anyone notice LT's pants falling down? I must've seen his crack like 5 times that game. It was not too pleasant...

Old 11-20-2006, 10:17 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

my hope is that, because the game is in november, that we've got a chance.

and i don't mean to be gloom and doom, 7-4 wouldn't be the end of the world, but the way this team is playing, they'll get torched in the playoffs by anyone who actually cares about winning.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Ferguson is done for the year with a knee injury. No official link, but CBS4 and multiple sources including ESPN are reporting this.

Looks like one is coming early in the draft or in FA.

If you guys wanted to see my site that just is dedicated to Broncos drafting. . .

www.broncosdraft.blogspot.com

I hope Scott's okay with me posting that. :D
Old 11-21-2006, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

FYI: That's the draft without me knowing anything about the injury to Ferguson. . .
Old 11-21-2006, 02:55 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i intensely disagree with another mid-round WR at this point. how many do we really need? all of these guys take so long to develop (or at least, take so long before shanahan plays them) that it seems like we've got an almost never-ending parade of #3 and #4 receivers who still never quite beat out guys like todd devoe and charlie adams (at least, till recently). i'd be much happier with targetting a WR like kircus in free agency, at least to have a veteran presence, rather than pissing away another pick on a guy who isn't going to see the field for any meaningful amount of time. especially given that the team has been absolutely atrocious at drafting and developing talent at the position.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:27 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Nick Ferguson is done for the year with a knee injury. No official link, but CBS4 and multiple sources including ESPN are reporting this.

Looks like one is coming early in the draft or in FA.

If you guys wanted to see my site that just is dedicated to Broncos drafting. . .

www.broncosdraft.blogspot.com

I hope Scott's okay with me posting that. :D
Love your picks,especially Ryan Harris,he'd be a great fit in Denver.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i intensely disagree with another mid-round WR at this point. how many do we really need? all of these guys take so long to develop (or at least, take so long before shanahan plays them) that it seems like we've got an almost never-ending parade of #3 and #4 receivers who still never quite beat out guys like todd devoe and charlie adams (at least, till recently). i'd be much happier with targetting a WR like kircus in free agency, at least to have a veteran presence, rather than pissing away another pick on a guy who isn't going to see the field for any meaningful amount of time. especially given that the team has been absolutely atrocious at drafting and developing talent at the position.
Piss poor special teams.

Bad receivers.

A guy who is good at both.

I agree, FA would be nice. . . but what are the chances we land a good guy in FA?
Old 11-21-2006, 07:43 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

sure, and i kind of get it, i just don't like the idea. and logically, it'd be a shanahan move.

meh.

i think a 5/6th round linebacker would be a better special teams guy, since we need the depth and we've had great luck with chukwurah and burns.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

I think if Woodley is available we should try to get him. He's a very good Dlineman who gets overshadowed by Alan Branch.

Old 11-21-2006, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
sure, and i kind of get it, i just don't like the idea. and logically, it'd be a shanahan move.

meh.

i think a 5/6th round linebacker would be a better special teams guy, since we need the depth and we've had great luck with chukwurah and burns.
Wright out of Colorado is the guy I think I'll have us getting in the 5th when I do my updated mock draft in a week or so.

Hixon hasn't had he chance to show what he can do as a returner, but the Broncos seriously need help at the position.

It's almost impossible to please everyone though.

Some people are saying the Broncos like Kenny Irons and John Wendling a lot. . .
Old 11-22-2006, 09:07 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i'd love woodley, though i'm not sure how well he would fit in as a 4-3 DE in the NFL... it sounded to me (and looked, in the two UM games i've been able to see) like he was more suited for a 3-4 OLB role. on the other hand, i'd take just about anything capable of pressuring the QB right now.

i do like abraham wright a lot, as bad as CU's been, the LBers are still pretty fantastic.

does irons fit us at all? the only time i saw auburn play, i was FAR more impressed with his back-up (who's a RB i'd LOVE to see us get in two years) than with him. i don't recall him hitting the hole particularly hard, but this was much earlier in the year, maybe he's gotten better since.

realistically, i would MUCH rather trade away picks and players and move up as far as we can in the first to get someone who can help on the d-line. i'm coming around a bit on the RB issue (although, i think if shanny just stuck with mike bell we'd look a bit better), but DE has got to be the #1 biggest need, and clearly, shanahan won't take one unless he can get a premier player. let's move into the top ten (maybe the redskins want jake?) and get someone who can anchor the line for a few years.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

We don't need an elite guy on the line really and there's no shot we get Moses or Adams anyways at this point in time.

It'll come down to Abiamiri, Crowder or Woodley at DE.

Tank Tyler is the DT I'm hoping for; if we go there in the first.