Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 03-08-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
if he makes more than 1 a year i'll be annoyed. i just don't see him significantly improving the team in any way.
you know, i am pretty sure you already know, but the words patrick ramsey and 2.5 dont belong in the same sentence.

i think thats worse then giving bryant that type of money.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

still, neither should make that much...
Old 03-09-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I bet the contract for Bryant will look insane, adding in his charachter and consistency concerns I would pass.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5390616

Welp... Wilkinson might play Snake and retire. W/e dont really want him

and oh yeah Bates likes tall DE's playing, so expect elvis dumervil to get LOADS of time
Old 03-10-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5390616

Welp... Wilkinson might play Snake and retire. W/e dont really want him

and oh yeah Bates likes tall DE's playing, so expect elvis dumervil to get LOADS of time

Nice way to waste a 6th rounder. ha
Old 03-10-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Nice way to waste a 6th rounder. ha
o we wuld get the pick back
Old 03-10-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
o we wuld get the pick back

Alright guess I should of read the article.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
mattrob
Rookie

mattrob hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
fair enough. i tend to disagree (obviously) for similar reasons. i don't see our DEs as having been the problem. meanwhile, at no point have our DTs produced (even when he was healthy, warren wasn't much more than a big guy in the middle with no effect whatsoever on the pass rush).

i also see absolutely nothing in tyler that makes me think he's at the same level as branch or okoye (although again, a troop of girl scouts would likely make our DTs better at this point) and i certainly don't see it in a character failure like thomas. there are a few second tier guys who intrigue me (mcbean), but we need a stud at the spot, not another role player.

so i can agree to disagree with anyone who thinks that branch and okoye are NOT potential studs (though i'm still curious why), but i absolutely can't agree with anyone who thinks DE is the bigger need.
I'm not saying Okoye isn't going to be a very good pro, but he would excel in a scheme using quicker, attacking DT's. Bates prefers bigger DT's who will tie up the interior lineman and I just don't see that as a strength of Okoye. He could thrive elsewhere, though. As for Branch, I didn't watch a lot of him this past season, but what I did see didn't impress me. In the OSU game in particular, he spent a lot of time on the ground and didn't get much push. At 21, he's a nice pickup. In the top-10, I think he's a huge risk.
mattrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Our 1st Round

Everyone has agreed on the fact that we will be taking either a DE or DT with our 1st round pick.

Shanahan seldom ever does with his first round pick, what we think he will do so, where does he go with the pick? Personally, I still think he does something unconventional like Safety (Reggie Nelson (S, FL)), or Offensive Line (Levi Brown (OT, PS)), or LB (Lawrence Timmons (LB, FSU) or Patrick Willis (LB, OlMs)) (Lynch will be gone so do not expect a RB) if any of these players fall to us. Do not put him trading down either if the option presents itself.

I am just saying, now that you are all sleeping well at night thinking Shanahan will take a DL, think again.
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
mattrob
Rookie

Quote:
maybe my problem then is in not seeing bates scheme yet. but in all honesty, i haven't noticed a huge amount of difference in the last three DC's schemes (at least, in terms of our ability to pressure the QB ever), so I'm not sure there will be one now. and in pretty much all of the last three, the biggest problem has been our utter lack of anything with any vague measure of talent at DT (well, that and letting go of talented DEs).

if we draft a DE, i'll still be ecstatic that we're actually addressing the defensive line.
And I'd be happy picking up a DT early as well. It's past time we addressed the D-Line and I think we'll get 2 on Day One this year, hopefully they turn into something. Also, I read on another board we're bringing in Ian Scott for a visit. He's not the massive run-stuffer I'd like, but he's young and would fit nicely in a rotation.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
mattrob
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M View Post
Everyone has agreed on the fact that we will be taking either a DE or DT with our 1st round pick.

Shanahan seldom ever does with his first round pick, what we think he will do so, where does he go with the pick? Personally, I still think he does something unconventional like Safety (Reggie Nelson (S, FL)), or Offensive Line (Levi Brown (OT, PS)), or LB (Lawrence Timmons (LB, FSU) or Patrick Willis (LB, OlMs)) (Lynch will be gone so do not expect a RB) if any of these players fall to us. Do not put him trading down either if the option presents itself.

I am just saying, now that you are all sleeping well at night thinking Shanahan will take a DL, think again.
Actually, we've all agreed we WANT a DL in the 1st, but I tend to think we'll go elsewhere, then use a 2nd and 3rd on the line, unless Carriker somehow falls or we move up. I think any of the players you mentioned (with the exception of Timmons) are possiblities, as well as Meacham, Ginn or Bowe at WR. We may move out of round 1 altogether and try to stockpile future picks if there's a good offer out there, too.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think taking either OL or a S in the first round would count as "unconventional", as they would both address needs. A lot will depend on the DL situation when Denver picks, if there is much better value at OL or S, expect Shanny to go for it.

LB, on the other hand, would be very unexpected... and given the present situation, undesirable. I don't see that happening unless we trade one of our veterans away for additional picks (rather than moving up).
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
bennybee38
Rookie

bennybee38 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i know this isnt the team mock thread but who cares. honestly.heres my denver mock...just wanna know what you guys think

1ST ROUND - defensive end - Victor Abiamiri
2ND ROUND - offensive tackle - James Marten
3RD ROUND - defensive tackle - Ola Dagunduro
3RD ROUND - safety - Josh Gattis
4TH ROUND - offensive guard - Andy Alleman
5TH ROUND - defensive end - Baraka Atkins
6TH ROUND - cornerback - Marquice Cole
7TH ROUND - defensive tackle - Clifton Ryan
bennybee38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The focus on OL & DL is the right direction, but I can't say I'd be happy with this draft. 2 & 3a are major reaches. In general, it seems like a low talent level across the board. A tweener guy like Atkins doesn't really fit Bates' system (not big enough for DT, nor a good enough rusher for DE). Draft is pretty deep at S - seems like we could get a better one that Gattis in the 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennybee38 View Post
i know this isnt the team mock thread but who cares. honestly.heres my denver mock...just wanna know what you guys think

1ST ROUND - defensive end - Victor Abiamiri
2ND ROUND - offensive tackle - James Marten
3RD ROUND - defensive tackle - Ola Dagunduro
3RD ROUND - safety - Josh Gattis
4TH ROUND - offensive guard - Andy Alleman
5TH ROUND - defensive end - Baraka Atkins
6TH ROUND - cornerback - Marquice Cole
7TH ROUND - defensive tackle - Clifton Ryan
Old 03-14-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
bennybee38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
A tweener guy like Atkins doesn't really fit Bates' system (not big enough for DT, nor a good enough rusher for DE).
all im saying is Atkins is bigger and faster than Kenard Land and Ebenzer Ekuban. His passrush is probably just as good as Ekubans
Old 03-15-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
A4Qxxx

Option A:
1st Adam Carriker - DE
2nd Demarcus Tyler - DT
3a Ryan McBean - DT
3b Aaron Rouse S
4th Steve Smith WR
5th Kasey Studdard - OG
6th Mike Otto - OT
7th Ramzee Robinson CB

Option B:
1st Amobi Akoye - DT
2nd Demarcus Tyler - DT
3a Tim Crowder - DE
3b Aaron Rouse S
4th Steve Smith WR
5th Kasey Studdard - OG
6th Mike Otto - OT
7th Ramzee Robinson - CB
Old 03-15-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bennybee38
Rookie

well Scott has the Broncos getting Spencer, Marten, Piscitelli, and Thomas in 3 rounds..I like the Marten and Spencer pick but instead of Piscitelli and Thomas..I think Brandon Mebane and then John Wendling are better picks.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
mattrob
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4Qxxx View Post
Option A:
1st Adam Carriker - DE
2nd Demarcus Tyler - DT
3a Ryan McBean - DT
3b Aaron Rouse S
4th Steve Smith WR
5th Kasey Studdard - OG
6th Mike Otto - OT
7th Ramzee Robinson CB

Option B:
1st Amobi Akoye - DT
2nd Demarcus Tyler - DT
3a Tim Crowder - DE
3b Aaron Rouse S
4th Steve Smith WR
5th Kasey Studdard - OG
6th Mike Otto - OT
7th Ramzee Robinson - CB
Carriker and Okoye will be long gone before we pick and we don't have a 4th or a 5th this year.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennybee38 View Post
well Scott has the Broncos getting Spencer, Marten, Piscitelli, and Thomas in 3 rounds..I like the Marten and Spencer pick but instead of Piscitelli and Thomas..I think Brandon Mebane and then John Wendling are better picks.
Mebane maybe, but Piscetelli is a great player. He's alot like John Wendling but I like his potential more.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Thomas > Mebane in terms of potential, but there are crushing character issues that make Thomas a very risky pick.

I'd be happy with either Wendling or Piscitelli. Both are big, smart players who work hard and have the right amount of nastiness. Lynch would be a great example / teacher for both these guys, which would help the transition at S that is going to happen as Lynch's career winds down.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArti...&ATCLID=829616

were going to draft gary russell?
i think there is a STRONG possibility, after all

1. minnesota runs the ZBS
2. shanahan will talk to brewster and brewster will give him the word, because brewster has connections with guys who coached russell
3. we have wanted to draft HB'S (maroney) and have drafted linemen (eslinger) who run the ZBS
4. russell was an up and comer when he played
russell will fall into our laps in the 7th, hell we may reach towards his direction in the 6th
5. we drafted clarrett after he ran what he did (so dont give me crap, anything can happen)
Old 03-20-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

I certainly wouldn't put it past Shanny to fish for a late round RB prospect. However, there are a lot of guys I'd look at before Russell. More than anyone, he needed to stay focused on football and make a good showing for the scouts. Instead, he got way out of shape and looked bad. Not a great sign if you ask me.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Nash what was his deal, just a plain bust or why did he fail?? Sorry for being ramdom....LOL

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So with all the moves you guys have made in FA to improve the Offense, is it safe to say the first day of your daft will be Dline/Oline with all of your picks? Or are there still some other major needs elsewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
So with all the moves you guys have made in FA to improve the Offense, is it safe to say the first day of your daft will be Dline/Oline with all of your picks? Or are there still some other major needs elsewhere?
The lines better be the priority, or there's going to be a rebellion in Broncoland...

Safety is another area that might get addressed. Lynch can't last forever (or can he?) and we don't have a lot of depth. If Denver sits at 21, that may be the best value available (Nelson, Griffin, Meriweather).