Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 08-25-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Broncos are going to be middle of the pack again. Anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6 IMO. From what I see, a solid offense that could very well be top 10, a mediocre defense that I'm praying plays the run during the regular season as well as they have been in preseason, and the special teams is just a big quesiton mark to me. Only sure thing with special teams is Prater can kick the living hell out of the ball on kickoffs, which is a plus.

Its kinda funny, I've argued with a Packer fan and a Raiders fan on another site, both think this team is absolutely terrible and a 3-13 team. lol, we aren't in "Chiefs" territory
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Its kinda funny, I've argued with a Packer fan and a Raiders fan on another site, both think this team is absolutely terrible and a 3-13 team. lol, we aren't in "Chiefs" territory
I would be curious to hear their reasoning. How is the team significantly worse than it was last year?

Besides, a Raiders fan talking about any other team being terrible? Pot. Kettle. Black.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Royal will emergeas the number 2 wr after a few weeks. he will get his chance while marshall is out. I also like how Clady has been. Go broncos!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
are we really that much better?
No. Other than the pass offense (which I think will be good), it looks like "equal but different" at this point. Something in the range of 6 to 9 wins seems about right for this team. I'm expecting the start to be a little rocky, but our later season schedule is favorable to racking up some wins.

However, getting back to our mysterious Raiders fan comments, 3-13 would represent a significant decline, which I just don't see unless we get ravaged by injuries.

Quote:
it's hoping for a lot if you're thinking our DE play improves substantially
I have very low expectations for our DE's. Doom can do good things on passing downs, but gets run over. Everyone else is just fodder or potential (bust).
Old 08-26-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I think Royal will emergeas the number 2 wr after a few weeks. he will get his chance while marshall is out. I also like how Clady has been. Go broncos!
Apparently, we don't have to wait. According to the newest depth chart, the starting WR's are Marshall and Royal.

A Chiefs fan uttering "Go broncos!" ? Strange days indeed... ;)
Old 08-26-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a fan of them. I respect them. One of my best friends is a co's fan. Plus jay Cutlerz is sooo sexyz. almost as sexy as njx
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
are we really that much better? i mean, addition by subtraction at LB, but now we've got boss bailey who tackles only marginally better than gold. we still have no safety. i'll be shocked if our DTs are really any better. it's hoping for a lot if you're thinking our DE play improves substantially, especially on a team where the head coach has all but stated that he doesn't want to blitz for any reason ever, no matter how little pressure we're generating.

we have two unproven tackles (which is still better than pears) but we're still two solid hits away from losing 2/3 of our interior OL with not much waiting to replace them. marshall's out for 3 games, but unless eddie royal also continues to light it up in the regular season, we still don't have a viable #2 (and again, sans royal, we still have no ability whatsoever to go deep ever). dan graham is still wasting money and a roster spot. our special teams got substantially worse in some ways (FG) and substantially better in others (KO) but stayed probably just as pathetic as ever in everything else (returns, punting, coaching).

i'd back off my original guess of 2-14, but i'd say anything over 6 wins is a bit optimistic for this next season.
McCree is solid at safety...but safety is a concern.

Wiegmann is solid at center should Nalen not be able. Holland, Hamilton, and Kuper are solid guards. Lepsis should not have played last year and Harris is at least as good as Pears. Clady has looked good thus far. Based on that our o-line will be better.

Our WR's are better than last year (Royal, Jackson, Stokely)

Our DT's are better than last year (experience and Robertson)

Our DE's are better than last year (experience and Ekuban returning)

Our LB's are better than last year (minus gold)

Our ST's are marginally worse (minus elam but better kickoffs)

I don't see much as to how we are not improved. Will we make the playoffs...I would be surprised, but overall the team will be better.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
chris will be pissed if you're trying to move in on his boy.
Y'all know he betta stay away from MA MAN. MMHMM! *snap snap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

So we traded a 5th rounder for Montrae Holland earlier to you guys?

How is this guy? Is he just depth or could he be a starter for the cowboys?

Kyle Kosier (LG and weakest link) is out until week 6 So I'm thinking we either brought Holland in to start because we liked him durring the practice sessions or we brought him in incase Pat Mcquistin (Kosier's back-up) gets injured.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Holland started every game for us last year and was half-decent.

He came into camp way overweight, which pissed off the coaching staff. Given the emergence of some of our young linemen, he was well on his way to getting cut.

Even when he's in shape, he's not really the prototypical Denver OL. I think he'll probably fit in better in Dallas.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

sounds great.... I really hope this guy is just insurance and not our plan for a replacement.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How has Dewayne Robertson been looking for you guys? I think we (the Jets) can conditionally get a 2nd round pick from you guys if he plays very well, not sure though.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
jaffe28
Rookie

jaffe28 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
How has Dewayne Robertson been looking for you guys? I think we (the Jets) can conditionally get a 2nd round pick from you guys if he plays very well, not sure though.
He hasn't really shown a lot during pre-season but his chances have been limited. The coaching staff is protecting his knee.

As far as the draft pick goes, what the Jets get is not based on performance but on percentage of snaps played. I doubt he'll play much on third and four or more. Which will bring the percentage down. I don't remember the exact percentages but I remember thinking that, based on the Broncos tackle rotation, the Jets gave us Robertson for free.
jaffe28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no way Robertson will play enough/perform well enough for the Jets to get a 2nd round pick.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL!!! FOUND THIS GEM ON ORANGEMANE!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kaylore cracks me up, you should see his " look-alike" threads
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
Kaylore cracks me up, you should see his " look-alike" threads
do you post much over there? it's definitely better than broncos country which is horrible. that place almost makes me hate bronco fans in general.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't post much, but I visit it quite often.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's high time we payed top $$$ for a top FA. I'm talking about a quality Safety, Corner, or Linebacker.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
I think it's high time we payed top $$$ for a top FA. I'm talking about a quality Safety, Corner, or Linebacker.
or all Three. and a DE and DT as well while we're spending.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
We are already paying big money for 2 CB's, and you want another?
We are fine at CB, we are awful at Safety though. We desperately need help at safety, we are trodding out stinkholes out there.

We also need a solid MLB. 2 biggest needs are getting a good MLB and at least 1 good safety.

Also, we need defensive coaches who know how to freakin coach. Like I've said before, we have adequate talent and shouldn't be this bad on defense. Heck, DJ Williams came out and complained about he has no idea what defense they are running.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
We are already paying big money for 2 CB's, and you want another?
I don't know about Mr. Bowlen, but I want to win a superbowl soon. That's a right of mine as a fan. I don't think that that is in the forseeable future with the team we have. We need 3-4 more key pieces on defense, and that is simply too much to throw on the NFL Draft. We need another big name player on this defense, even if it means finding a way to restructure a guy like Bly's contract, or deal him. I don't know who would want him, and the NFL doesn't just work like Madden, we can't just deal him.

Still, Free Agency seems like the only place to pick up a player that is high caliber, who can instantly contribute and make us into a contender.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
I don't know about Mr. Bowlen, but I want to win a superbowl soon. That's a right of mine as a fan. I don't think that that is in the forseeable future with the team we have. We need 3-4 more key pieces on defense, and that is simply too much to throw on the NFL Draft. We need another big name player on this defense, even if it means finding a way to restructure a guy like Bly's contract, or deal him. I don't know who would want him, and the NFL doesn't just work like Madden, we can't just deal him.

Still, Free Agency seems like the only place to pick up a player that is high caliber, who can instantly contribute and make us into a contender.
IMO, we need 3 players, maybe just 2 on defense. Get a good safety and a good MLB.
Maybe a DE/DT.
But really, the biggest change we can make is hiring an actual good defensive cordinator.
What we have out there on defense isn't that bad, talent wise, and I'm beginning to think its more of a lack of good coaching to help these players.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RYAN TORAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm rooting for him to do well this week.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
RYAN TORAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm rooting for him to do well this week.
We are all... I Like the air it out strategy, but that hasn't worked since week 2. Time for us to go back to late 90's Broncos football baby.