Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 11-30-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
urinemonkey
Rookie

urinemonkey hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow this forum is a graveyard.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

random thought

I love Cutler's cockiness. The league NEEDS swagger!
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty big win today against the Jets. Cannot believe the 180 we did this week compared to Raiders last week.

Broncos magic number is now 2. < any combination of bronco wins or charger losses >
CT Bronco Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
Pretty big win today against the Jets. Cannot believe the 180 we did this week compared to Raiders last week.
The announcers mentioned "inconsistency" and "playing to the level of the opposition" a number of times today... and for once, they are correct. I can see a lot of good teams not wanting to go against us right now, but at the same time a team like the Chiefs probably thinks they have a good chance of beating us next week (and they're probably right).

Quote:
Broncos magic number is now 2. < any combination of bronco wins or charger losses >
That statement speaks volumes about how much the Chargers have declined this year.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
urinemonkey
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
boy am i glad you pointed that out.
and with comments like the one above, I wonder why...

The Broncos are the Jekyll and Hyde of the NFL. Get blown out by the Raiders, and then beat arguably the hottest team in the NFL in their house. It's not easy being a Broncos fan, you never know what you're going to get. Peyton Hillis is officially a steal, as are Josh Bell and Wesley Woodyard. I love our young contributors.

Last edited by urinemonkey : 11-30-2008 at 09:22 PM.
urinemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is pretty easy being a Broncos fan. We're like Chiefs fans, and never expect to win, but unlike the Chiefs, sometimes we do anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
urinemonkey
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
It is pretty easy being a Broncos fan. We're like Chiefs fans, and never expect to win, but unlike the Chiefs, sometimes we do anyway.
I don't know about you, but I expected them to beat the Raiders at home...
Old 12-01-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
urinemonkey
Rookie

Quote:
oh grow up. make a worthwhile comment in the first place or don't whine when someone calls your worthless comment worthless. but then, i'm sure you've overlooked the fact that people discussing the broncos (you know, the reason we're here) haven't gotten smart ass replies. i wonder why.
Gee, I'm sorry master. From now on, I'll be sure to post only things that won't get me a good old fashioned e-spanking. What I did was clearly unforgivable and should result in a lifetime ban from the forum.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
urinemonkey
Rookie

Quote:
which is clearly exactly what occurred.

you posted garbage. i made a smart ass response to said garbage. you whined about it.

but hey, don't let reality get in the way of a good over reaction.
Actually, what occurred is I made a smart ass response to your smart ass response, and then YOU whined about it. OMG, no way did I just talk back to you like that, lord moderator? You should totally ban me for such insubordination. I can't wait for your devilishly witty reply to this post.

Last edited by urinemonkey : 12-01-2008 at 01:00 AM.
urinemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
which is clearly exactly what occurred.

you posted garbage. i made a smart ass response to said garbage. you whined about it.

but hey, don't let reality get in the way of a good over reaction.
hey njx9, pls ban urine from the falcons team forum

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

99% of nfldc users need to stop whining like small children when people disagree with them.

anyways.

What do you guys think about Shanny? Is he doing the best with what he has? Has he been an asset or a detriment to Cutler's development? (has he "handled" him correctly?) How has the Dre Bly experiment worked thus far? Would you have made the trade knowing what you know now?

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 12-01-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how this board gets completely silent after Cutler torches Favre. Everyone waits all week to trash Cutler after a seemingly inevitable Jets win, and yet Cutler completely outplays Favre, and then nobody even acknowledges the fact that Cutler just put his money where his mouth was.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how to feel about our season. We're surprisingly leading our division by 3 games with four games to go. Looks like as long as we play marginally well we should make the playoffs. Sometimes I wish we would just have a real down year so that we could draft some of the elite players. I'm almost certain that with wild card teams probably being either Baltimore, NE, or Indy, we'll probably get trounced the first round.

Anyway, this Denver team is unpredictable. Games we should win we lose, and games we should have lost we win. If we can get past the first round,d that will be a humongous success season to me.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Thanks for the info on Bly, Shanny, and Jay.

One more question.

Any thread ideas for NFL team talk? We need quality discussions! Best player at ____ position and MVP=???? threads suck!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I hate you!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
I love how this board gets completely silent after Cutler torches Favre. Everyone waits all week to trash Cutler after a seemingly inevitable Jets win, and yet Cutler completely outplays Favre, and then nobody even acknowledges the fact that Cutler just put his money where his mouth was.
I don't know, I got the impression people were getting pretty fed up with his talk about arm strength, a lot of the Bolts fans among other people were telling him to win a few games and play better before he starts comparing himself to Favre.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i dunno, once we get champ back, i feel like any playoff game really could be a toss-up. as much as the jets sucked, our defense DID look like it could potentially play well enough to win without cutler having to put up 60. that said, he'd still probably have to put up 40.

as far as the elite players... i'm ambivalent. i love clady and cutler. but shanny has an unbelievably bad record in the first round. i'd love to get mays or moore in the first this year, but barring that, i would almost rather we just trade down. we seem to do pretty well finding solid players later in the draft.
True. I can't wait for Champ Bailey comes back. Not only his coverage, but his tackling as well. Moore or Mays would be amazing, but knowing Shanny I doubt that's the route they'll go, even though it is pretty obvious that our starting safety duo is horrific.

Also, thoughts on Peyton Hillis? He's looking like a bruiser. I like his style. An all purpose back. Gritty. Pretty good vision as well. Also, is he the only starting white RB in the league?

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i *really* like hillis, but i really like him at FB (assuming we have a GOOD rb behind him). i have to look back at things a bit more, but i remember thinking earlier in the year that i'd really like one of the clemson guys in the backfield with hillis.
It certainly brings up some interesting questions. Are we going to revert to a run-first team if we can acquire a stud RB? To be honest, I really like what I've seen from our single back, 2 TE formation... Cutler seems to thrive in that set. If we are going to run a lot of receiver-heavy formations, it brings up the value-for-money question about going RB early, particularly with Hillis playing so well.

Of course, if the value is there, Shanahan will pick up a back, and I suspect he will be looking for someone who runs effectively between the tackles. Teams are forced to respect our WR's in the passing game, which is what opens up the TE's... if you add consistent inside running to the mix, opposing defenses will be facing some very tough choices.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I think we need a good RB just to become a balanced team. I mean, let's face it, Cutler isn't Brady(yet, lol), and Marshall isn't Moss(yet). So throwing up and down the field all day won't be so successful. Yes, Hillis has been solid for a couple of games, but I really doubt he'll keep that up. Good FB though, maybe a 3rd down guy too. I think we should look at RB at some point in the first 3 rounds. First round should be defense. I'm thinking Rey Mauluga, Brandon Spikes, Taylor Mays or William Moore. If they're all gone, we can take RB there. If one of them is still there, we take them, and the next round take the other position if there is value there. If not, RB.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-04-2008, 04:11 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't agree, I think Hillis can be our feature back. If we can run the ball 25 -30 times a game, That will put us in good shape to win. It seems the games we can actually get the running game going somewhat, are when we tend to win convincingly. Without the run game, we get games like @KC, and Oakland at home.

What we really need some better playmakers on our defense. practically every position on the defense could be a first round need in the off season. And I think as you see with Hillis this year, there really isn't a big need to spend a high pick on a RB, Torain was doing amazing in the one game he was finally healthy, sadly he ended up getting hurt again. It would really shock me if our first 3 or 4 picks weren't defense in the draft this year.

Our defense really needs a safety . . . or two, Manuel just isn't going to cut it. I thought that Barrett looked halfway decent against the Jets, hopefully if he can develop we can get a top strong saftey and get manuel the hell outta there.

I also think we need a better MLB and SLB. Nate Webster really isn't all that good. I am really hoping a good LB or two drops like perhaps Cushing Laurinaitis or Maualuga. If one of them time bad, they could drop. The USC guys might be a little slower then Shanny likes, but they are bad bad men, and would look great in orange and blue.

I even think that CB might become a day one need as well, if day one was still 3 rounds. Champ will be 31, Bly will be 32. Our other CB's are Paymah Bell and Jack Williams.
CT Bronco Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
I don't agree, I think Hillis can be our feature back. If we can run the ball 25 -30 times a game
I'm not sure about him as a "feature", but in rotation with another decent back I think we'd be alright.

Quote:
I also think we need a better MLB and SLB. Nate Webster really isn't all that good. I am really hoping a good LB or two drops like perhaps Cushing Laurinaitis or Maualuga.
Absolutely... part of the reason our rookies (Larsen, Woodyard) look promising is because some of our starters are garbage.

Personally, I like Laurinaitis in this scheme. He has good instincts, can cover well and manages to keep his helmet on... pretty much making him the AntiWebster.

As for SLB, Winborn is a great athlete but has zero smarts / discipline and Boss Bailey is a natural fit for the IR. I'd like to see Woodyard take over this spot - I like the way he plays and it would be a damn shame (and a waste of talent) for him to return to his role as backup WLB.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, the only LB I would like to see us pick is Spikes. Laurinaitis I think is way overrated and won't do much in our system. Maualuga is a bit better, but I'm iffy spending a 1st round pick on him.

And Hillis as a feature back, I don't think he can be a feature back for a whole year. I want a playmaker at RB, essentially a Terrell Davis/Clinton Portis. A guy who can eat up 5 yards a pop and have the threat to break for an 80 yard TD run. I don't think we have anyone on our roster right now that could do that. If we can get a playmaker threat at RB in round 1, why not?
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
If we can get a playmaker threat at RB in round 1, why not?
Because our defense sucks?

Mind you, since it's pretty obvious Shanahan doesn't have a ******* clue when it comes to drafting defensive players, perhaps we're better off going offense early then roll the dice on guys for the D in later rounds / UFA.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Because our defense sucks?

Mind you, since it's pretty obvious Shanahan doesn't have a ******* clue when it comes to drafting defensive players, perhaps we're better off going offense early then roll the dice on guys for the D in later rounds / UFA.
You don't draft solely on need, you need to also take into account best player available. If Mays, Moore, Spikes, and Meleauga are all taken by our pick and Moreno is available, I think we would be stupid to pass him up.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Let's draft TEBOW!

Quote:
Quote: