Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 03-13-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHerbsman View Post
I agree about both QBs, but do you think Weatherspoon can play inside? If not, it wouldn't be wise to take another outside linebacker in the first round when we took Ayers last year. And if we end up losing Marshall do you think we should consider using one first rounder on Dez Bryant?
Yeah, I definitely think Weatherspoon can play inside. And I like Dez Bryant's game, I just don't think think he's a "McDaniels-guy".

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

broncos trade Hillis and two conditional picks to the browns for Brady Quinn.

I'm guessing that this means we won't be targeting Claussen in the draft. I'm down with that, rather Orton and Quinn are down with that.

In other news the Broncos now lead the league in **** bitting and **** grabbing.

ugh.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like this trade. McDaniels' personal vendetta against Hillis insured that he was never going to get a fair shot. So he swapped him for Quinn, who I think could blossom here. I have always been a fan of his.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 03-14-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn could be great in McD's system, should be interesting.

Hopefully Hillis gets a chance to play in Cleveland and I hope he tears it up.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's pessimistic (one of my favorite things to be) to say that this trade was god awful. What are we likely loosing? A runningback who would have gotten less than 10 carries, and a few late round developmental picks that won't impact our team for years. Worst case scenario, this impacts almost in no form/way at all, and were the same team we were. There is pretty much only upside to it. Even if Hillis runs for 1,000 yards, which he won't... What would he have done with us? Nada. Let's give this "god-awful" quarterback a chance. He's not any worse than he was 2 years ago, so lets give him 2 years.

Last edited by Jimmy : 03-14-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
DenverJetsFan
Rookie

DenverJetsFan is a cocksman.DenverJetsFan is a cocksman.DenverJetsFan is a cocksman.

I feel that after this trade we NEED to resign Brandon Marshall. That is the only way this trade turns out a success. What do you guys think are they chances we actually keep Brandon Marshall now?
DenverJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
picking up another worthless waste of money at qb does nothing for us
But that's just it. There's no cap this year. Please enlighten me if there is some sort of technicality that would make his salary matter in 2010, because I don't really know the specifics. We can always just dump him if he sucks like we all think he probably will. If they want to spend the money on Quinn, that's fine. It's not coming out of my or your pocket, and it's not effecting the cap. If he stays here past 2011, it's probably because he's now our starting quarterback. We're not keeping 4 QB's. So either Brandstater or Simms is gone. And I doubt we dump Brandstater.

So what if Quinn fails to play well? It wouldn't be the end of the world. Like you said, we gave up nothing relevant, so there's no real reason to fret. This probably won't do anything for us, but I don't really thing this move is brutal by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited by Jimmy : 03-14-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:40 PM    (permalink
DenverHerbsman
Rookie

DenverHerbsman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This was a good move, Quinn has spent his entire career with the god-awful Browns. The Broncos have one of the best receiving cores in the league (if the keep Marshall), and an offensive master mind at coach. He impressed a lot of people coming out of college, this was a slim price to pay to see if he can step up and make plays, and worst case scenario he's a better backup than Phil Simms.
DenverHerbsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is very little downside here. The picks are late rounders *and* deferred. Hillis wasn't going to be a big factor in our offense either.

Quinn should be pretty happy - he gets a fresh start in an offense he's familiar with from college.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only game of his I actually watched closely was the one in 2008 against us. He actually looked pretty good. Apparently it was the only good NFL game he has ever played, so I refuse to make any judgment on how good a move this is.

Hopefully we have a running game this year for all 16 weeks, so even if Quinn has to play at some point, there wont be too big a load on his shoulders.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he was good this year against Detroit too, but other than that, crap. So he's capable of what I've known all along, and that's dominating absolutely abysmal defenses. Defenses that can't pressure OR cover. How's our sched looking for next year? Any chance we can face ten of those teams and potentially make the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey Quinn did a fabulous job of handing the ball off to Jerome Harrison when he went for 300 against the Chiefs last year, so at least he has that down! Besides that, it would have been tough for Tom Brady to have much of a year with the Browns receiving corps. They were second in the league in drops, trailing only the Chefs.
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBig12 View Post
Hey Quinn did a fabulous job of handing the ball off to Jerome Harrison when he went for 300 against the Chiefs last year, so at least he has that down! Besides that, it would have been tough for Tom Brady to have much of a year with the Browns receiving corps. They were second in the league in drops, trailing only the Chefs.
The only relevant question to run our offense though, is he can he throw a screen pass?
Old 03-15-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBig12 View Post
Yeah but Quinn was first in the league in:

"OH **** OH **** OH **** PRESSURE"
*ball hits ground*

****, I miss Jay Cutler.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-15-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Looking at OL...

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=4298648&fhn=1

Quote:
Last week, the Denver Broncos worked out UMass guard Vladimir Ducasse, and this week they remain in Massachusetts to scout another interior offensive lineman. Scout.com has learned that the Broncos will be in Chestnut Hill on Tuesday, March 16th to work out Boston College center Matt Tennant.
Good to see the team is checking out the interior OL prospects.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Praise the Football Gods!

Chris Simms cut...

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...ssimplepiehome

That made my day.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Chris Simms cut...

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...ssimplepiehome

That made my day.

Oh yeahhhhh. didn't quite made my day but I got a boner
Old 03-15-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=161080

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-15-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Looks like we're working out J.D.Walton as well...

http://twitter.com/chrissteuber

Quote:
I'm reporting that Baylor center J.D. Walton has a private workout scheduled with the Denver Broncos this week and Atlanta Falcons next week
Old 03-16-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Broncos working out Toby Gerhart

Might be nice to add a battering ram into the mix at running back.

http://arizonastate.scout.com/a.z?s=...=4203219&fhn=1
Old 03-16-2010, 07:12 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

if there is a battering ram available late round, then great, but we really gotta get a ilb, two interior o-lineman, a cb and probably a wr first.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i don't know that i'm into spending top 2 picks on running backs in consecutive years, especially on a team with a ludicrous number of other needs.
Perhaps they are thinking/hoping he'll be around in the 3rd.

A lot of these prospect workout rumors involve guys in that 2nd-3rd round band. I wonder if the team is trying to work out a deal that would give them extra picks in that area. In terms of value, this is a great draft to be picking in those rounds.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
i don't know that i'm into spending top 2 picks on running backs in consecutive years, especially on a team with a ludicrous number of other needs.
you see.. im pretty sure moreno is just a bust. thats the thing. and i felt that way with moss after year one to a certain extent. better admit our mistake then waiting 2 years to get a new one. yet in the nfl, no organization is ballsy enough to eat crow after just one year. i wish we'd draft a rb to a certain extent, but we both know it won't happen
Old 03-16-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Moreno that bad? :/
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

I don't think Moreno is a bust. He's a decent back, and he should grow with an improved line. He'll never live up to his selection, of course, but you shouldn't write him off after one year.

WELCOME REALITY