Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 03-31-2010, 06:16 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...r-of-broncos/1

Quote:
Longtime Broncos kicker Jason Elam has decided to retire and will sign a one-day contract with Denver to end his career with the team

You were the man Jason, thanks for 15 great years. Greatest Broncos Special Teamer of All Time. What a way to go out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NytUgMUehEs

Last edited by Jimmy : 03-31-2010 at 07:51 AM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently CB is on our draft radar:

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=1680

Quote:
Cornerback Alterraun Verner stood on his numbers from the combine but looked terrific in position drills. Several scouts in attendance claimed Verner’s ball skills were the best of any defensive back they’ve witnessed this year on the pro-day circuit. Verner now ranks towards the top of the second tier of cornerbacks who’ll be selected starting in round two. Verner has already has individual workouts with the Denver Broncos and Tampa Bay Bucs.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Apparently CB is on our draft radar:
as well it should be!
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
as well it should be!
I second that post

I'm glad were owning up to "the" mistake and are thinking about taking a CB in the mid rounds.

I'd also like to announce that I am officially turned off by the idea of Dez Bryant. I reallly questioned whether or not he had character issues, and hearing that he looked unmotivated at his pro-day was the first straw and the last straw for me. There's no way we draft another WR with character issues.But I bet if we actually drafted him, I'll gain my crush back. I know everybody's been saying that already, but until I say it, it's not true.

Kidding. Seriously though, I'm not so sure I feel confident about Bryant Or McClain (I know, just cause of youtube) and I wish we would trade down 4-5 spots to get Iupati or hope that Berry falls to us which he wont.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just really hope that someone falls to us that shouldnt (Clausen, or one of the LTs), and a team later in the first round really wants to trade spots with us to get them (and throw in a second rounder to get it done)
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More workouts:

WR Jordan Shipley, Texas

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=635991

NT Terrance Cody, Alabama

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...terrence-cody/

Listening to Sirus earlier, it sounded like we were trying to get Spiller in for a visit as well.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Terrence Cody in the 2nd round either him or Cam Thomas from NC, who is dewarfed by Mount Cody but only by like 20 lbs.

IDK why the Broncos don't trade Marshall and settle for the 14th pick, with all the calaamar and constant back and forth between said player and head coach, plus what are the chances they resign after all these trade rumors the past 2 offseasons.

I dont live in Denver but inquiring minds want to know

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Nothing says they won't take #14. I think very early in the process there were signs that this would end up going all the way to the draft before being resolved.

Part of the problem is that Brandon is a real pain in the ass in terms of the business side of things - he wants a boatload of money but his off-the-field antics are a big risk. Any team with half a brain will want security built in to the contract to protect them, which is going to require some rather delicate negotiation.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
spiller... blech.

i get the BPA approach, but like, do we really need to pick rbs like the lions used to take wrs?
I'm not sure Spiller would be seen as a conventional back, more of a 3rd down / slot receiver / returner.

IMO, McD and X are looking at bringing in skill guys who would add a different dimension to the offense. Whether a power back or slot WR/returner, it's about expanding the variety of weapons at our disposal. McD likes to do a lot of substitution (look at the D last year) and it's a lot easier on offense where you get to snap the ball.

Is Spiller the guy? I have no idea. What I do know is that this team needs more playmakers / gamebreakers on both sides of the ball. If they reach at 11 on a position of need rather than taking the highest graded prospect (based on their scoring system), the old issue about not having enough talent on the team will continue into the forseeable future.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I want us to draft McClain, I have a feeling that ILB is not highly valued on our board. I have a feeling that a guy like Odrick may be the pick. I could envision the Broncos seeing him as the best 3-4 end in the draft.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
As much as I want us to draft McClain, I have a feeling that ILB is not highly valued on our board.
LB's always slide. That's the way it is. Some guy gets grabbed early, then a bunch of supposed 1st rounders end up being taken in the 2nd-3rd range. The strong ILB spot in a 3-4 is a two-down thumper... hard to justify taking that guy early.

That being said, I think Sean Weatherspoon is a darkhorse for our first pick(whether we pick at 11 or elsewhere)... which would eventually result in D.J. Williams being traded to a 4-3 team where he could finally return to his natural position (WOLB).

Quote:
I have a feeling that a guy like Odrick may be the pick. I could envision the Broncos seeing him as the best 3-4 end in the draft.
You and half of Broncomania. Scott has this guy pegged as a 2nd rounder for good reason - he's a nice prospect, but unless you get totally hyped on the positional value of a 5-tech, I don't see good value at 11.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that said, i don't care if okung is on the board, we shouldn't be drafting an LT.
Certainly not in round 1. At some point, though, the value of a sliding player begins to overwhelm the need factor.

Quote:
there should be some pretty strong WR talent later on, and honestly, i'm not sure the offensive issue was playmakers (defense is an entirely different story).
Even if we keep Marshall, I'd say we'd be open to taking a slot guy and a power back at some point in the draft.

On defense, we don't need any more "solid but unspectacular" players. Positional value be damned - I don't care what level of defense they play (DL, LB or secondary), give me guys who are disruptive and can make the opposing offense pay for any errors.

Quote:
our offense failed because orton couldn't challenge deep (and we refused to go beyond 10 or so yards)
... which is particularly amusing/frustrating because that Patriot's passing attack we've adopted really relies on the deep threat to open things up.

Quote:
further, if the aim is to actually involve royal to some degree, i think he'll give us a much more... dynamic (god i hate that word in this context) playmaker (i hate that word even more) than we had last year at the 2/slot spot.
I'm not sure Royal will turn out to be our slot guy. He doesn't strike me as the "read the coverage, find the hole" kind of player. I think he can do well on the outside.

Quote:
further further, if i'm dead wrong about quinn and it turns out he really did know how to play the position, i think that largely (i'm assuming we address ol in the draft, early and often) solves our offensive issues.
It certainly helps. Not only his arm, but the ability to use his feet would be a vast improvement *if* he can learn to handle playing under pressure.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Interesting info:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/n...ril-draft-buzz

Quote:
If the Rams commit to Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford as their No. 1 pick in this year's draft, a deal for Brandon Marshall could soon be in the works. A source close to the Rams told me that the team still has strong interest in the Broncos wide receiver. And that interest may spiral up in the coming weeks if the team is serious about making Bradford their franchise quarterback.
Quote:
Clemson wide receiver Jacoby Ford told me this week that he's worked out for the receivers coaches of the Denver Broncos and the Cleveland Browns.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
You and half of Broncomania. Scott has this guy pegged as a 2nd rounder for good reason - he's a nice prospect, but unless you get totally hyped on the positional value of a 5-tech, I don't see good value at 11.
Let me clarify that I am not advocating his selection, unless we trade down. With that said, I think you are severely underrating him. There is no way he escapes the first round. I've heard New England won't pass on him if he's still on the board at selection 22. Belichick and his disciples do place considerable value on 5-techs. Tyson Jackson, Ty Warren and Richard Seymour are proof of that.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

the first thing that came across when i read this headline was
"if you can't beat em, join em"

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14815157
Old 04-08-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

as a fact nut i found this pretty interesting
In the last 4 yrs, Broncos CB Champ Bailey has started 56 games and been called for pass interference just once.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/15/nfl#ixzz0kZK3ugpW
Old 04-09-2010, 02:20 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I come in peace.

Let's pretend for a second that the Broncos do not in any way want to keep Brandon Marshall for whatever stupid reason.

(I believe this is case, but I don't want to argue that point at all and none of us know the real answer anyway - for the sake of my inquiry, just pretend even if you feel there's still a chance they'll keep him).

No one offers a first round pick. Someone offers a 2nd in the mid 40s or 50s *Those are the ONLY offers you get and you are committed to dealing this player.
*I do acknowledge that there are two teams that can easily outbid the Seahawks and I believe they each have the resources to get a deal done on the spot if they offered a second round pick (TB #35, NE two of the seconds or #22). My question is if the well truly is dry and those teams do not offer those deals that I believe the Broncos would accept.

The Seahawks offer this:
pick #60
4th rounder
5th rounder
ILB David Hawthorne

or

4th rounder
CB Josh Wilson

I know, as fans, none of you would want to trade one of the best WRs in the NFL for either underwhelming package, but can you envision your very recently, let's be honest, stupid, organization making one of these moves?
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I come in peace.

Let's pretend for a second that the Broncos do not in any way want to keep Brandon Marshall for whatever stupid reason.

(I believe this is case, but I don't want to argue that point at all and none of us know the real answer anyway - for the sake of my inquiry, just pretend even if you feel there's still a chance they'll keep him).

No one offers a first round pick. Someone offers a 2nd in the mid 40s or 50s *Those are the ONLY offers you get and you are committed to dealing this player.
*I do acknowledge that there are two teams that can easily outbid the Seahawks and I believe they each have the resources to get a deal done on the spot if they offered a second round pick (TB #35, NE two of the seconds or #22). My question is if the well truly is dry and those teams do not offer those deals that I believe the Broncos would accept.

The Seahawks offer this:
pick #60
4th rounder
5th rounder
ILB David Hawthorne

or

4th rounder
CB Josh Wilson

I know, as fans, none of you would want to trade one of the best WRs in the NFL for either underwhelming package, but can you envision your very recently, let's be honest, stupid, organization making one of these moves?
God I hope not.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of our new leadership. Some of the problems they've dealt with weren't necessarily of their making. They've done a good job with FA and I think have handled Marshall's flakiness about as well as could be expected.

My main concern was the draft last year, but McD was very honest about the fact that they were squeezed for time to prepare. I believe things will be quite different this year.

As for your packages, #1 might have a chance in a desperation situation. I just don't see any reason for desperation. No interest from other teams makes him easier to sign. He wants his paycheck, so he's not going to sit out (especially with the 2011 uncertainty). He's in a tough spot with little leverage.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

It seems things are coming to a head:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-talk-today/

Quote:
Whatever the Broncos have decided, they'll apparently be communicating it to Marshall today. Per Josina Anderson of FOX 31 in Denver, the Broncos and Marshall will meet Tuesday to discuss the future.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

stay strong everyone, stay strong
Old 04-14-2010, 08:10 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any feelings on the Marshall Trade? Do you think it will effect thier 1st round pick? What about thier 2 second rounders in the 2010 draft?

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
any feelings on the Marshall Trade? Do you think it will effect thier 1st round pick? What about thier 2 second rounders in the 2010 draft?
To be honest, were basically stuck in the same position we were in that '99 season. We can't possibly draft Dez #1. First off, he will never be as good as Marshall. Second off, he has character issues. So I don't know who we draft. I don't think it effects us at all, I think most people had a feeling he was gone (although I had hoped he would stay around) and most people still have us going w/ McClain.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can any of you seeing Denver go RB within the first 3 rounds? Especially now with an extra pick in the 2nd. I think they may be one of the teams that look at guys like Tate, Dwyer and Hardesty in the 3rd if they can address ILB/WR/G with their first three picks. There have been a lot of reports about how Knowshon wore down last season and while his stamina should improve you still want to protect him; Buckhalter has been a nice player at this stage of his career but he's not going to last past this season, his time has come. Not to mention he can't be a lead-back should Moreno go down, and JJ Arrington isn't a reliable backup/committee partner if Buck is the one to get hurt.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we didn't get raped as hard as I was imagining we were going to with Marshall. Still not very happy we had to trade him though. Now when we draft Tebow I'm going to kill someone < not literally, it's just a figure of speech >