Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 04-14-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think two 2nd's is a bad deal, considering what has been going on with WR's recently. After that ridiculous Roy Williams trade, no one is going to break the bank for a receiver.

Certainly better than any package Seattle could've put together (#60 plus a bunch of 4ths / 5ths isn't getting it done). Interesting that Seattle's effort to make this trade was sabotaged by what they gave up for the QB from SD.

As for our first round pick, taking Dez Bryant would be foolish unless the team is 100% certain he'll get with the program. There is no point trading one problem for another. Benn, Tate, Williams, Gilyard, Decker... there are a lot of good receivers in the draft who would be a better fit in terms of team chemistry.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two seconds is not a bad deal for a guy who rejected an extension here and was going to walk next season anyways. Anyone bitching about this deal just needs to pull their head out their ass and realize it was the best we could have gotten for his services, and it can please both parties.

The value of this trade (reality) will take a few years to be projected.

As usual, NJX is whining and complaining. That must be a sign this was a good thing.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scheffler next on deck...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...mpaign=twitter

Quote:
Tony Scheffler will sign his tender today, a transaction formality that transfers the Broncos' tight end from restricted free agency to the trading block.
A 3rd would be a miracle. A fourth seems about right... maybe the Rams or Bengals?
Old 04-14-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least 15 is open now for when we draft Tebow.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont blame the front office for this one. They were right not to give him a big fat contract before last year, and after the way Marshall acted during the season, combined with the obvious fact he really really wants out of Denver (possibly partially due to Darrent's death), then IMO there really wasnt any other option. Two second rounders is decent value considering how much trouble he is.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think it may have been by far the best we could have done. what angers me most is that it was allowed to get to the point where we had no choice but to trade him for, basically, peanuts, comparatively.
We cant know whether this is true or not - if he really wanted out, then there is **** all anyone can do about it. Marshall seems way too immature to reason with, or talk around - basically he is a giant 7 year old that is great at running with a football after catching it.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got good value, but it just sucks to lose our most dynamic offensive weapon. McDaniels admitted that he wasn't prepared for last year's draft. I hope he is this time around.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
because that matters.
For the parties involved, it sure does. The Broncos get two second round players, and more importantly, a second rounder (#43) right ahead of their other selection (#45) -- this wasn't a coincidence. It was done on purpose. Tampa Bay could have had him, their selection was higher, but the Broncos were able to get a selection near theirs in order to target specific players, as well as a future second rounder. Who these players will be and how they pan out is what will matter. Until they are selected and they play, all the gripe is much ado about nothing.

Quote:
yup. that's why this team has won the last 10 straight super bowls. because every decision i dislike is actually gold.

i remember when you actually added something of value, instead of just trolling the board around draft time.
Sidelined with a kidney disease that took my life for a loop, as well as working 30 hours a week and going to full-time on top of other activities doesn't allow me to post like I used to. I'm on the OrangeMane to talk Broncos, because the talks there have more substance. When time permits, I come here, usually lurk, but when I see stupid comments from you like, "Dez Bryant does not fit this offense." -- it just begs for a response.

Care to tell us all how Dez Bryant does not fit this offense? Why would McDaniels and Xanders send scouts to his Pro Day and bring him into Dove Valley for a workout if that was their case? Just to waste money and resources when they could have allocated them other places if what you are saying is true? Give me a break.

I am not in favor of drafting him at #11, I have two other prospects in mind, but he has the possibility of becoming a premier wide out in the NFL based on his skill set. He fits what any team wants to do. The biggest flaw in his game is that he rarely faced tough press coverage in college and will have to get used to bumps at the line in the NFL. It will be a tough transition. That, and he has been out of football for a while.

In all honesty, I don't see the Broncos taking Dez (I don't think he has huge character issues) if they truly want to adhere to the plan they have obviously laid out. I think that Decker in the second is a more realistic option if we are looking for a receiver to replace Marshall's role on this team.

Quote:
i think it may have been by far the best we could have done. what angers me most is that it was allowed to get to the point where we had no choice but to trade him for, basically, peanuts, comparatively.
Marshall wanted to play elsewhere. Having him and his attitude around the team would not have been a good thing. Everyone will miss his production. That does not mean others cannot step up their game. No, I do not believe we'll get a receiver with any selection that will put up three consecutive 100 yard seasons and two Pro-Bowl appearances. Then again, I don't think we'll be seeing a receiver on our team getting the ball tossed his way over 150+ times a season like Marshall was getting either.

It was time to move on. He did not want to play here, would have left in free agency in 2011 anyways.

What would you have wanted more? Two second-rounders or a 2011 compensatory selection.

Having Marshall on the team isn't an option. He refused an extension when it was offered a while back.

The Broncos lost a lot in this trade, but gained some things too. Depending on your point of few, perhaps addition by subtraction. I like the picks and hope they pan out. I also wish Marshall well, as he was my favorite player on the team.

Last edited by Chris : 04-14-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eddie Royal, he's back.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow, I'm trying to do a mock draft right now and I'm wtf'ing as to who I should give you guys.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

A) Bryant runs quality routes and has a familiarity of running a full route tree.

B) Whether or not Quinn or Orton are quality quarterbacks is irrelevant to his fit to the team.

C) What I was saying wasn't a strawman argument, I was just asking you a question. Would you rather have him walk and get lesser compensation, or bite the bullet, trade him and take what we got?

D) The Cutler situation you alluded to is irrelevant in the Brandon Marshall discussion. What we did with Cutler has nothing to do with Marshall. Marshall's behavioral issues extend way further than McDaniels' entrance to coach of this team, and extended while he was here. We all know the story. At the end of the season, Marshall cleared everything out of his locker, including his nameplate. The only player to do so. He wanted to be gone, and his actions throughout the entire off-season (even the season) showed that.

McDaniels did the right thing by trading Marshall, and no -- I am not going to blame McDaniels for it having to come to this. It wasn't an issue of co-existence. Shanahan was even becoming fed up with Marshall's behavior and antics. To the Broncos, Marshall and all his troubles were not worth the investment. Best to get while you can before you get little of nothing.

Four years of Brandon Marshall, a lot of statistics for him. Skewed by the fact that he received a copious amount of targets during that span. Worst part about it, no playoff appearances during that time. That is what sucks.

I am excited to see what comes from these picks and how they pan out -- regarding both the Cutler and Marshall departures.

I will reserve my judgment for several years down the road when one can adequately tell whether or not a player has progressed or will be able to in his NFL career. I just hope the Broncos use the selections wisely, and have prepared themselves more this year in the draft process. (Let it be known that I loved the draft last year. I did not like the trade for Smith, but feel he can be a great player. He has to adjust to playing inside, something he never did at Wake Forest.)

Everyone here wants things to pan out, and I am confident they will. I think the Broncos get to the playoffs this year. Without Cutler or Marshall. Something that cannot be said for the past four years (or three) with them on the squad.

Time to move forward. Can't be bitter about things you really cannot control. Life is easier that way.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBillsFan View Post
Wow, I'm trying to do a mock draft right now and I'm wtf'ing as to who I should give you guys.
Look for defense (DL or ILB) in round 1, followed by a lot of offense (C, G, WR, power RB). If someone unexpected slides down to 11 who would fit in well with the team, they might pull the trigger even if it isn't a position of need (as long as the value is there).
Old 04-15-2010, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
when did he decide he didn't want to be here? the beginning of last year, when mcdaniels was trying to pull a belichick and when he was busy alienating cutler? when mcdaniels acted like a child in response to marshall's injury (note: i'm not absolving marshall of acting like a child in the preseason)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Marshall
“That’s b******t, that’s a lie. Why aren’t you guys out there looking for William’s killer? I hate Denver, I hate this city, I hate f***ing city.” Brandon Marshall-10/26/2007
Looks to me that Marshall decided he didn't want to be here a few years before McD, drunkness aside. We knew he didn't want to be in Denver before Shanahan got fired. But why should we take the word of a drunk man? If we choose not to, and claim he was "venting," why don't we consider what happens if we never even hire McD. Shanahan was trying to get rid of this headcase too. If McDaniels is to blame, I suppose we have to completely block out the fact that if If Shanahan had stayed, Marshall would have gone a year or two earlier, and we would have gotten nothing, and no production from him. He wouldn't have lasted. As much as we all would have loved to see him stay, now I guess I see it's pretty obvious that McDaniels aside, he wasn't into Denver to begin with, and he would have been gone.

Last edited by Jimmy : 04-15-2010 at 07:51 AM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't doubt that the quote is legit, but do you have a link?
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...05/detail.html

I was wrong, the quote is actually ""I hate Denver. I hope I get traded. I hate this f******* city"

Last edited by Jimmy : 04-15-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

An additional year under the belt with experience on offense and defense will help. I actually expect vast improvements in offensive production, and with the players we added on defense (especially the line) I don't expect the wear down that happened last season. I think we will be able to get some great contributors in the draft to make our team stronger. We have a fairly weak schedule. I don't see the Chargers being an improved team over last season and I think it is safe to say that the Chiefs and Raiders aren't going to be competing. I think we win the West this year. Those are just some of the reasons.

As for the picks, here is what I'll state.

#11 -- Whether people want to hear it or not, I am an advocate for C.J. Spiller at this selection if he is available over any other prospect on the board who will feasibly be there. His LTI (length to impact) will be incredibly short and he will be able to come in and help our team right away. He isn't just a running back, he is a versatile threat in the passing and return game.

We lost Marshall, so we need a person on offense who can put accountability on defenses. If you put Spiller in the slot, what linebacker is going to cover him? Nobody in my eyes. When you are picking this high, you expect immediate results.

You will not get immediate results from many positions. For me, it is either Spiller or Weatherspoon, who can play any linebacker position and I believe is more of a team player and leader than McClain. I am not very impressed with McClain, and his defensive system filters through him skewing his statistics. He is a very cerebral player, but his health concerns (Crohn's Disease, which he now denies to have) are very serious. I can't risk a #11 pick on a guy who might **** his intestines out chasing Rivers on a bootleg.

If it isn't either of those guys, I'd consider Trent Williams too -- given his flexibility for playing offensive line.

Preferably, a trade down occurs.

I'm a big fan of most all the top receivers in this class, Thomas is interesting as well as Decker, but I like Gilyard and Ford because of what they can do in the return game as well. I think Best or McCluster would be great selections in the second (McCluster in the third or so) if we can't grab Spiller because they will be able to come in and be a dynamic weapon for us on offensive and special teams.

Tyson A., is one of my favorite prospects in the draft. I'd love him at #43 or #45.

Linval Joseph and the ECU boys for our DL would also be superb. I prefer him to Dan Williams because he would be fine in a rotation and could take over a starting role a year or so down the road. I don't feel Williams is worth the first-round investment given the learning curve and the fact others will undoubtedly be playing ahead of him.

J.D. Walton at C.

Kyle Wilson and Kareem Jackson at CB.

Some of my favorite prospects who I feel are good fits for this team, offensive and defensively.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Forgot to mention Terrence Cody, whom people will blast me for, but as a two-gap player and potential nose tackle, there might not be better value for us than him at one of our second round selections. Stuffing the run and taking up blockers is what he does well. Williams isn't a spring chicken and we could use another guy there regardless if the ex-SF man is still there.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Argh, I did a big write-up on McD's pre-draft presser that seems to have vanished into the void.

Here's the link to the transcript:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/resourc...ft_4_16_10.pdf

Lots of good information in there. Some key points:

1. Broncos more likely to move down than up in round 1. Will have plans in place for picking at 11 and moving down.

2. Interest in C, G, LB and DL. Warned that "need" is overrated - pick good players.

3. Dez Bryant's character issues are overblown. He's on the Broncos' board.

4. Rolando McClain has great football intelligence. Very well coached and understands the game on a higher level. [note to njx9 - I think coach really likes this guy]

5. Draft visits - only bring in players who they are genuinely interested in. Don't care about smokescreens.

6. Interesting info on how the Broncos rate players. Basically graded on system fit and projected contribution within the first 2 years.

7. Some detail on running backs, both young guys on the team and the factors to consider around bringing in a rookie. Team did work out Spiller. Some praise for Gerhart.

8. FA moves don't mean we won't draft DL. Always looking to add to the front 7.

9. Dan Williams - athletic, can make plays all along the line, could play NT or DE. Someone the Broncos are interested in.

10. Who "wowed" McD? Weatherspoon - impressive in every way. McClain. Dan Williams. Tebow.

Last edited by Diehard : 04-17-2010 at 02:09 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:46 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Argh, I did a big write-up on McD's pre-draft presser that seems to have vanished into the void.

Here's the link to the transcript:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/resourc...ft_4_16_10.pdf

Lots of good information in there. Some key points:

1. Broncos more likely to move down than up in round 1. Will have plans in place for picking at 11 and moving down.

2. Interest in C, G, LB and DL. Warned that "need" is overrated - pick good players.

3. Dez Bryant's character issues are overblown. He's on the Broncos' board.

4. Rolando McClain has great football intelligence. Very well coached and understands the game on a higher level. [note to njx9 - I think coach really likes this guy]

5. Draft visits - only bring in players who they are genuinely interested in. Don't care about smokescreens.

6. Interesting info on how the Broncos rate players. Basically graded on system fit and projected contribution within the first 2 years.

7. Some detail on running backs, both young guys on the team and the factors to consider around bringing in a rookie. Team did work out Spiller. Some praise for Gerhart.

8. FA moves don't mean we won't draft DL. Always looking to add to the front 7.

9. Dan Williams - athletic, can make plays all along the line, could play NT or DE. Someone the Broncos are interested in.

10. Who "wowed" McD? Weatherspoon - impressive in every way. McClain. Dan Williams. Tebow.
It is hard not to like everything he said in that presser. I just hope that translates into some good players.

edit - except the Tebow stuff - I will be fucken pissed if we use one of our second rounders on him.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There looks like there are a couple team looking to trade up into Denver's range. If the Broncos are able to trade down into the 20's, who would they target?
Old 04-18-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Why would the Broncos select CJ Spiller when they already spent a 1st round pick last year on an elite running back (Moreno)??

At most, they need a big thumper RB in the 2nd or 3rd round to complement Moreno.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Why would the Broncos select CJ Spiller when they already spent a 1st round pick last year on an elite running back (Moreno)??
While there are a number of picks that would make more sense, I wouldn't discount Spiller as a possibility. I think he'd be drafted more as a returner and receiver than running back. Great intangibles, very dangerous with the ball in his hands... there's a lot to like. There's no question that the Broncos need more guys who can make big plays.

All that being said, I can only see this happening if they feel Spiller is clearly the BPA at their pick.

Quote:
At most, they need a big thumper RB in the 2nd or 3rd round to complement Moreno.
Yes, I think a power back is something McD would like to add to the mix (hence the workouts for Hardesty and Gerhart).
Old 04-18-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only issue with picking Spiller is we'd still need to pick a power back regardless. Two picks on a position where we already have Moreno and Buckhalter?

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
My only issue with picking Spiller is we'd still need to pick a power back regardless. Two picks on a position where we already have Moreno and Buckhalter?
No way it happens, although I agree it would be nice.

I think in the first round we need to come away with one of:

McClain, Bryant, Weatherspoon or Pouncey.

Yes, I have softened on picking Bryant, however, if we dont get a starting interior o-lineman and a starting ilb from the draft after taking him in the first, then I reserve the right to start hating the pick again.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

The thing that I don't understand is why people are even talking about RBs in the first place.

Moreno is an elite workhorse back - I mean, you're probably set @ RB for the next 5+ years with Moreno alone.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote