Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 04-19-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
The thing that I don't understand is why people are even talking about RBs in the first place.

Moreno is an elite workhorse back - I mean, you're probably set @ RB for the next 5+ years with Moreno alone.
Look under Njx's name.

Anyway saw this from Daniel Jeremiah today so I thought I would pass along some good news for Denver fans.

Quote:
RT @SenorDickhaus: which is better, Okung or Clady as a rookie?> Clady is the best LT in football... not close
Quote:
Trust me, I love Joe Thomas as a player and a person... Big time talent but Clady is a better point of attack run blocker
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Look under Njx's name.

Anyway saw this from Daniel Jeremiah today so I thought I would pass along some good news for Denver fans.
I already knew that Clady rocked - I am just worried about the 4 guys immediately to his right.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scheffler Traded to Detroit for a 5th

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5113415

:/

Would have loved to get a 3 or a 4 for the guy... oh well...
There goes the class of '06.
I think Stafford will develop nicely at this point
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post

So lame. So so lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I look at it this way, McDaniels is out of excuses now. He has moved all the players that he had problems with or didnt think fit his system. He has had plenty of time to look at this years draft class and has had two free agency periods. This is also the second year of a lot of players in his system, so the learning the system excuse is rapidly disappearing.

If we look like **** this year, then he will have some explaining to do.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

So the Broncos have been reduced to Kyle Orton / Brady Quinn throwing to... Eddie Royal?

Interesting direction to take, I guess. If I were a Broncos fan, I'd be praying that McDaniels knows what the hell he is doing.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
So the Broncos have been reduced to Kyle Orton / Brady Quinn throwing to... Eddie Royal?

Interesting direction to take, I guess. If I were a Broncos fan, I'd be praying that McDaniels knows what the hell he is doing.
Scheffler can't/won't block and dogged it last year. McD wants his TE's to be inline blockers and won't tolerate that kind of pissy attitude. It was inevitable Scheffler would be shipped out.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Repost from the Pro Football forum. Interesting article with information from Marshall's agent.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosheadlines/ci_14907098

Some key pieces:

Quote:
The genesis of Marshall's misconduct at training camp was his disappointment over the multiyear contract the Broncos had just presented him. While the offer was worth potentially $9.5 million a year, it had a below-market guarantee and several safeguards to protect the club if Marshall got into further trouble.
We tried to sign him.

Quote:
The Broncos would have gladly taken that No. 29 pick. The Jets, though, could not come up with a long-term contract that satisfied Marshall. There was no sense submitting an offer sheet if Marshall wasn't going to sign long term.
The Jets tried to sign him too.

Quote:
When Marshall signed his tender last Tuesday, McGuire knew he would soon have a deal completed with one of three teams — Tampa Bay, Seattle or Miami.
All teams who really need help at WR.

Quote:
Seattle's bid, however, was ultimately doomed by its trade last month for quarterback Charlie Whitehurst. To get him, Seattle swapped its No. 40 overall pick with San Diego's No. 60 pick. The Broncos were not going to accept the Chargers' discarded pick as the jewel to their trade package.
This is a bit of a headscratcher. Seattle was after Marshall right from the start, but they didn't want to part with a first rounder and didn't keep enough other ammo to get the deal done. Seems like poor planning.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm almost positive we will draft a receiver between 5'11 and 6'2 with our 2nd pick.

I'm afraid we may look at a guy like Benn, or Pouncey 1st round (colossal reaches) but if we don't... in the 2nd I have this gut wrenching feeling we will go the WR route. (pun intended) The reason it is gut wrenching is because

1. I don't think McDaniels will go the Speedy/Athletic route. We have a guy like that in Royal and I don't think he really appreciates that type of player enough. Why draft a Royal Jr. when McD already said he has plans to increase Eddie's involvement? He won't draft a guy like Royal.

2. He wont go to the opposite end of the spectrum and draft a large guy above 6'2. Why? He doesn't want to draw attention for trying "to replace B. Marsh."
By taking a guy above 6'2/3, I bet a lot of people would automatically assume he plans to use that player in the same manner. There would be too much comparison, and the task that player would have to fill large shoes.

This means that we will take a guy that most likely isn't great at any one thing. He won't be a burner, and he won't have great size. He'll be a "player." A guy that goes out and just gets the job done. This guy wont be very exciting on paper on or film, and hteere will be a lot of questions about his potential.

Look for guys like Lafell, Decker (6'3), or Damian Williams to go here.

I personally think Williams is a Bronco come draft day.

Last edited by Jimmy : 04-20-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

You are right, McD won't draft a guy like Royal. Consider the problems Royal had this year:

1. He did not have a good grasp of the offense

The slot guy exploits the holes opened up by the other patterns, and as such must have a very good understanding of the offense. Reading the coverage, finding the hole, running the correct route - these are "must do" for the slot guy... and hence why Eddie didn't work the slot much last year.

2. He had a hard time beating the jam / getting seperation

Getting jammed kills the effectiveness of the outside receivers in this offense. They need to get downfield in a hurry to stretch the defense and draw off the safety to open things up underneath.

Whoever we draft is going to address one of these requirements (or both). I think Damian Williams would be a fine slot WR. Eric Decker is another one that comes to mind. Benn or LaFell could come in and handle one of the outside spots, as they are both able to get off the line quickly.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Somebody tell me this guy doesn't run his routes almost close to the exact same way as eddie mac?

I know he's black, and just a tad beefier... but seriously... look at the guy, look at his button hood. he's got the head jerk going too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT28_-UEb6M
Old 04-21-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

I'll be overjoyed if:

Iupati
Earl Thomas
Witherspoon
Spiller
or a top 5 falls to us

Players I'd be fine with
Pouncey
Clausen
McClain
Dez

Players I'd rather pass on
Dan Williams
Roger Saffold
Bey Bey Thomas
Joe Haden or any corner in round 1

one of these men will be a Denver Bronco tomorrow. take a long look at this list. it will be the last time you'll recognize player X as just a prospect and not a bronco. The next Willie Middlebrooks? or the Next Terrell Davis? I don't know and neither do you.

Last edited by Jimmy : 04-21-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
I'll be overjoyed if:

Iupati
Earl Thomas
Witherspoon
Spiller
or a top 5 falls to us

Players I'd be fine with
Pouncey
Clausen
McClain
Dez

Players I'd rather pass on
Dan Williams
Roger Saffold
Bey Bey Thomas
Joe Haden or any corner in round 1

one of these men will be a Denver Bronco tomorrow. take a long look at this list. it will be the last time you'll recognize player X as just a prospect and not a bronco. The next Willie Middlebrooks? or the Next Terrell Davis? I don't know and neither do you.

I guess for my peace of mind, we need to get a starting WR, ILB and C/G from the draft. Maybe not start week one, but definitely by early in the season. If in the first we take Spiller, Earl Thomas or Clausen from your list, then we better nail the rest of the draft cause it will be difficult from there to address those needs.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
i have zero interest in any S. sure, they'd be nice toys. but it's not a position of any priority for me. i don't like clausen, but i could understand the pick. i'm not sure i want spiller, but i rate him as a probable choice.

personally, if it started snowing in hell, i'd want iupati, and then a trade up with our 2's for pouncey (or taking ducasse with one and a wr/ilb [based on bp] with the other). but then, maybe i'm heavily overrating the effect our tremendous o-line had on our two super bowls (imo, by far the best line in the league at that time). and without the ZBS, i'm less convinced of our ability to find capable plug-ins in round 6/7 every year.
Exactly - if you boil down what went wrong last season, it is that we werent able to control the clock on offense. This is exactly what our coach wants to do on offense, and because we couldnt our inadequate front 7 on def wore down. Why werent we able to control the clock - because our o-line wasnt big enough to run a power offense.

Solution - get some quality big-ass o-lineman. Since we didnt get ANY in FA, tomorrow seems like a pretty bloody good time.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any shot McBath steps in at S?

Was thinking about him when reading about the need for a S.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love to see Denver do well and I hope they pick Dez Bryant tomorow. Orton/Quinn need a big boy in order to be succesful. It will probably be a C or ILB but those can be had in the 2nd; Dez is by far the best WR in this draft.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
I love to see Denver do well and I hope they pick Dez Bryant tomorow. Orton/Quinn need a big boy in order to be succesful. It will probably be a C or ILB but those can be had in the 2nd; Dez is by far the best WR in this draft.
We'll take a receiver, but it IMO will be one (or more) of these guys:

Arrelious Benn
Damian Williams
Eric Decker

Bryant has great talent, but I'm not convinced he's a great fit for the team.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's with all the Tebow in the first rumors?? These are killing me. I don't know what I would do if they picked him.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
What's with all the Tebow in the first rumors?? These are killing me. I don't know what I would do if they picked him.
a lot of people are saying its gonna happen and at this point i think there's enough evidence to be at least 50% sure it's going to happen.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no way to justify taking a project QB at 11 when there are so many holes on the team. It would make me yearn for the days of trading up for jarvis moss.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a gut feeling we're doing it, guys. I'll pretty much be overjoyed to hear any name BUT Tebow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Stockpile

Some good movement by McD. Two 3rd's and a 4th just like that. I have to believe they had another offer on the 11 pick that forced the 49ers to make the trade.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
traded to 24... of course it's ******* tebow. was hoping iupati or pouncey would fall, iupati's gone now. weak.
Of course a horror show like that could occur, but don't write off my boy Weatherspoon. Look who's in the way:

20. Houston (9-7)
21. Cincinnati (10-6)
22. New England (10-6)
23. Green Bay (11-5)

None of them need an ILB.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Of course then the 19 pick goes and takes him... FML.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

what about dan williams?