Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 04-23-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gator fan here who came to check out the Tebow talk...

Surprisingly decent reception considering how much people around here hate him. Not a Broncos fan, thought I sort of became one with the pick, but if you care at all about my take, I'll offer it.

I don't know what McDaniels was doing with the trade, that was terrible value, but I guess he thought he needed to do it to get his guy. Anyway, I think Denver will actually not only maximize Tebow's short term potential, but also his long term potential.

McDaniels is clearly a gifted offensive mind, you have to admit, regardless of how he's running the team. He turned Kyle ******* Orton into a 3,800 yard passer with a 86.8 quarterback rating - 9.2 higher than his career best. So, I assume that he can work with Tebow as a quarterback in terms of reads and progressions, and Tebow will certainly be ready and willing to watch film and study the playbook 24/7. It's all a matter of the mechanics, which will still probably take another year or two to fully fix.

But that brings me to the next point. Denver has Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn on the roster as is. Orton was the quarterback of an 8-8 team last year, one that most people thought would be terrible. Brady Quinn still has untapped potential, although they did lose the top weapon. Regardless, having those guys allows Tebow to wait and learn how to be an NFL quarterback.

While he waits, I think McDaniels is certainly creative enough to create quite a few gadget plays and a special offensive package for Tebow, utilizing him in short yardage, as a wildcat QB, and even as a tight end.

So, although there are obviously guys who may have had higher grades and been better picks than Tebow, you have him, but be happy with the fact that this may be the best chance for him in all of the NFL. If you had just taken Dez Bryant instead of Demaryius Thomas, I think Denver would be golden right now, but it is what is.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3projectPAT6 View Post
Current inside backers on the broncos roster:

DJ Williams
Wesley Woodyard
Spencer Larcen

I think McD really thought Weatherspoon was gonna be there at 24...
i really like both woodyard and larson. woodyard isnt big enough.. but i like him
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty sure haggan will move inside and play ilb on running downs with woodyard replacing him on passing downs
Old 04-23-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say, I really like this draft. You really can't argue with 5 overall good guys. All tough, competitive and smart. Nice job so far McDaniels.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apart from the slightly concerning lack of an ILB, I am pretty damn happy with the draft so far.

If Haggan can hold the fort down moving inside and the non-Tebow rookies can contribute, then we may actually be pretty competitive this year.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fixing the o line is good, and set at WR for a while. Decker was one of my favorite players in the draft, so I'm excited to see him in Denver. Overall a decent draft. At least McDaniels has a direction that he is trying to take the team. Should be interesting to watch.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
Hey guys,

Haven't posted here in forever, but I had the impulse to do so after the Tebow pick.

Seems like most of you guys didn't like it initially but are willing to accept it now. I personally love the pick. There has not been a more celebrated college player than Tebow. Obviously, that doesn't necessarily imply that he will translate nicely into the NFL, but his tremendous upside simply cannot be ignored. It's a bold move by McDaniels, but I really believe this one will pay off.

Even though I disliked the Gators team, I never could dislike Tebow. He's a winner, an athlete, a leader, but he's also genuinely humble. This guy is coachable. He might struggle a lot early on, but this is the kind of player an entire team will rally around. We obviously have many needs on both sides of our team, but I think we can all agree that if Tebow lives up to the hype (which he is determined to do), everone will look back on this pick as an absolute steal.

By the way, I still get shivers when I listen to Tebow's pledge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sGv2Zw-WQw
Tebow = Rudy.

Everyone wants Rudy on their team. No one wants him to actually play, though.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
awesome, and decker.
I knew we'd end up with Decker - it's a great fit. Going G and C in succession wasn't much of a surprise either.

It wouldn't surprise me if we package our last two picks to move up into the 4th. LB would be the obvious choice, but there are still a number of big running backs on the board if we want to maintain the emphasis on offense.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:16 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at this stage of the game i wouldnt mind a little Dwyer/Thomas

edit: more proof that decker is the next ed mccaffrey. he's white. and he is 6'3. and he was picked at #87. all the proof you need.

Last edited by Jimmy : 04-24-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Tebow = Rudy.

Everyone wants Rudy on their team. No one wants him to actually play, though.
Why are you posting on our team board if you are just going to take shots at what the team is doing?

Quote:
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

PLEASE denver take perrish cox. please. rd 4 we HAVE to take him.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

good call jimmy

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

WOOO

Last edited by Jimmy : 04-24-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Why are you posting on our team board if you are just going to take shots at what the team is doing?
Tebow will bring attention, both positive and negative. Get used to it.

There's a guy I know locally who hates the Gators and was adamant that Tebow would be a late rounder. It's one thing to not like something, but I suspect being wrong about it as well is going to bring out the worst in him. Similarly, a lot of people on this board were pretty vocal in their denigration of Tebow - don't expect them to start taking the high road now.

The truth is that no one knows how this will turn out. I can only hope that McD puts Tebow in the best possible situation to succeed.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
PLEASE denver take perrish cox. please. rd 4 we HAVE to take him.
Nice call, bro. Good value.

Doesn't quite fit the mould in terms of character, but I assume whatever the underlying issues were didn't bother McD too much. We've got pretty strong leadership in the secondary, which will help as well.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
I know it's silly to expect people to discuss the draft on a draft discussion board. Downright ridiculous, amirite?

Am I not allowed to unless I come here to fellate your horrible head coach who traded off the offensive core of your team and wasted the picks he got for them?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Am I not allowed to unless I come here to fellate your horrible head coach who traded off the offensive core of your team and wasted the picks he got for them?
You express that as fact, yet it remains to be seen.

You of course may cast doubt on the decisions made. However, if these moves end up paying off, you will be required to bow down before Tebow's holy might and grovel for forgiveness.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love you guys' Zane Beadles pick. He was guy I was hoping Cleveland would snag in round 3.

Hope you guys are prepared for non-stop ESPN/Media attention considering who you drafted at QB. We had the same thing with Brady Quinn, but I think Tebow-fest in Denver with the media will be ten fold what Quinn was.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Love you guys' Zane Beadles pick. He was guy I was hoping Cleveland would snag in round 3.
In the presser after the last set of picks, McD indicated that they looked at Beadles as an OT first, OG second. I think they are hoping he can develop into a swing tackle, giving us some security if Harris goes down to injury again. I believe Utah uses a spread offense, so this has the look of a very system-specific fit.

Along similar lines, Greg Olsen from ND is being looked at as an OG first, C second.

Throw in Hochstein and Seth Olsen, and we've got a lot of guys able to play multiple positions along the line.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I know it's silly to expect people to discuss the draft on a draft discussion board. Downright ridiculous, amirite?

There are team boards for a reason....so fans can discuss their team with other fans. We aren't trolling chicago's boards so there isn't really a reason for you to post here talking about how you hate the teams draft.

Overall I'm very happy with the draft. Love Thomas and Decker and like that the offensive line is being worked on. Not a huge fan of the 7th round move and still not 100% behind Tebow, but overall I'm happy.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really like the pickup of Perrish Cox. I remember watching him at a CU football game in person last year. He's very athletic.

I really like the fact that we've focused on our OL. Smart move by McDaniels considering that we're building up for Tebow. May be an average year this upcoming season (though they could surprise us), but I think this draft will really help solidify our future. This draft was not just about a quick fix but long-term sustainability.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Very true about the ILB issue. All the guys we have are OLBs being forced to the inside.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-24-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haggan is moving to ILB right?
Old 04-25-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Haggan is moving to ILB right?
Yes, he'll go from the strongside OLB to the MIKE spot (or at least that's what McD said).

Keep in mind Haggan played ILB prior to coming to Denver, so it's a decent fit.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Even with the signing of Akin Ayodele our LB core is scary thin, albeit not as scary as HB.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote