Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 12-09-2006, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a real good return man... guys like Charlie Adams, DWill, Clark, and whoevers just aren't cutting it. They suck. Think how much better we could've been w/Devin Hester... (not being sarcastic either)

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Stats
Veteran

Stats hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Next year I want us taking Marshawn Lynch, O-Line, and a safety.

Marshawn Lynch is comparable to Laurence Maroney imo and would be a stud in our offense(or in anyone's).
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darrent Williams has been just bad.

Get a new CB.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yup. DWill has been horrible unfortunately. Ever since the Colts game, it seems like he has just diminished more and more.

That 3rd qtr was good enough for me tho. I didn't really expect to win, but to see some of Cutler's throws was really good. If we can get him some better protection, he will be very solid next year. but, we must address the lines. Our 4th qtr D is just pathetic, and our OLine has been really hurting lately w/o Lepsis.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:17 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i think williams could still be a very good nickel guy, but i think he's shown, the last several games, that he's just either not good enough or not ready to be a starting guy. unfortunately, foxworth hasn't, imo, looked any better.

in terms of zbikowski, i'm just not sold. from what i've seen, he's been abysmal in coverage (though, because i hate notre dame, i can't say i've seen more than a few minutes of a couple of games).

i'd love lynch, but i think tatum's great if he's actually healthy. i dunno, i go back and forth there.

either way, o-line seems like our #1 need. two of cutler's fumbles were almost entirely on pears, and while he was blocking merriman, i'd still hope he could give jay at least 4 full seconds. then again, it was carlisle getting run over on the 4th down play.

i'm just so disappointed in this season right now. between our play-calling on both sides of the ball, jake playing like a rookie and jay getting thrown in against two great pass rushing defenses immediately, our o-line being unable to block a pee-wee team... one would hope that missing the playoffs motivates shanny a bit and some heads roll in the coaching ranks. anyone know who the hell is coaching our special teams? the guy should be holding a cardboard sign on colfax right now. awful. coyer should, until today, have had his play-calling privileges revoked. and really, today, they should've been revoked in the first half.

i guess lastly, to re-harp on something i think everyone's said at least five times this year, we need someone who can return a kick. pony up some cash and sign someone proven, since i think it's become apparent that we have absolutely terrible luck drafting people for the spot (o'neal, middlebrooks, who knows how many 4th round and up guys who never made it).
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:19 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they need to call more rollout passes for Cutler.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:22 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
they need to call more rollout passes for Cutler.
i'd agree if i thought our o-line was capable of giving him enough time to throw on them.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Eh.. i hate the Chargers. They commenced the fall of the Broncos by beating us in Invesco... a once promising 7-2 start crumbled to 7-6. However, I think the next season holds promise. We just got unlucky with injuries imo. As long as we get a good ST unit and draft not so stupidly, we will be in good position to take the division nxt year. IMO, the Chargers are overrated. Sure, they beat us pretty badly, but they weren't that spectacular.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the deal on Kia?
Old 12-11-2006, 07:46 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

kia??
Old 12-12-2006, 11:54 AM    (permalink
j-croz

Anyone know what the Broncos cap situation is like heading into this offseason? Are they going to have money to spend, or are they gonna have to shed some salary to stay within the cap?
Old 12-12-2006, 03:07 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

iirc, the cap should go up a good bit this offseason, and i believe that we're doing pretty well as of right now.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Don't forget Walker's and Bailey's contracts escalate. ;)
Old 12-13-2006, 03:48 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

by NFLPA, bailey's escalated this season from 540k to 5.5m. it should stay the same till 08 when it jumps to 7.5m. walker's should drop to 600k next year, though he'll probably want a raise.

i know NFLPA is notorous for not accurately counting various bonuses and incentives, but at base, there shouldn't be a big difference.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:11 PM    (permalink
steelcrew43
Veteran

steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.steelcrew43 could make a wolverine purr.

steelcrew43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:01 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

looks nice, but i don't really want anything to do with a receiver drafted in the first round.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:08 AM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar on ..

Because it NEVER is too early to look ahead to the draft I would suggest the following order of picks:

1/2 Running Back / Safety

2/1 Safety / Running Back

3 DE

I break it this way because obviously, we need to see who is available. I think Lynch or Bush (it doesn't hurt to dream as Peterson will be gone) would be very successful in our system and I am convinced (evey year he proves it correct) that Tatum cannot handle the number 1 spot physically as he breaks down. Remember how sucessful he was coming out late in games as a change of pace back with his speed and fresh legs after starting back has pounded the line for first half. That is Tatums role and he does it well, just accept it and deal with it. Remember Shanahan said he would have taken Maroney if he did not trade up last year. I know he does not take a number 1 round pick on a back but, it is time for a change as he sees what a number 1 back can do to his defense (what would LT or LJ be like behind this offense even with this line).

I believe that Safety is actually a position with some depth this year in the draft (two good juniors will come out Reggie Nelson, Florida and Tom Zbikowski, Notre Dame and Michael Griffin from Texas - Griffin who at the combine could unfortunatly really rise due to his speed and size) so you may get a quality safety in second round, however, you may have to use first round pick to get a safety capable of starting day 1 (dream LSU but more likely think Florida or Texas). I like John Lynch as a player and a person however, he is nothing but a liability on pass defense, basically he has been good for 10 points in the last 4 games. That is terrible. Part of Williams coverage problems is that Lynch has to play 7 yards deeper than he should be playing to offset his lack of speed when in a zone. This leaves a gap between Williams and Lynch that is getting exploited. One on one, Lynch is beat within 10 yards off the line. How many games have you seen Lynch in the endzone running behind the guy the just caught teh touchdown. If you were gameplanning against the Broncos would you honestly not try to get Lynch matched up one on one with any of you receivers a few times a game and take your shot. Unfortunatly his leadership will be missed but it would allow Williams to play more bump and run and actually have support in the zone coverages.

We need both of these issues fixed.

O line needs help but more pressing needs for top two rounds and DL is always a problem. When a 5 10 guy is leading your team in sacks you are running on gimmick defensive line play, with no push. Either a DT or a DE is a necessity this year and will be done in the first three rounds (Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida in the 3rd would be a great player who hopefully wont be drinking grey goose during the scrimmage). Gold is also getting older but we cannot affort to replace him just yet.

Thoughts anyone?
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:28 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

i'd replace S in 1/2 with OT. i just don't see how this team can survive with no pass protection for another season. we desperately need help on the line, either to keep foster off the field or in case lepsis is unable to come back at 100%. I think with cox and perhaps with foxworth playing the position during training camp, our safety situation could be ok. and really, mroe to the point, as long as coyer is coaching the defense, lynch will continue to be given coverage responsibilities and nick ferguson will likely continue to suck at just about anything involving defense.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Bumpssssss.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

We so need trhese next three games. Even tho we'd get destroyed in the playoffs, just that glimmer of hope is enough to try to make it.. plus, it'd be good to give Cutler the taste of an NFL playoff system. I'm kinda worried about Cardinals game tho. We don't do well under warm weather it seems like (altho it is in a dome), plus, I'm worried about D-Will vs. Fitzgerald. If our pressure is weak again, we lose again (thank god that the Cardinals OLine may be more pathetic than our DLine).

Old 12-17-2006, 07:22 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did Jay look? I saw that one beautiful bomb. Wow.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Stats
Veteran

Stats hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My goodness that was the best passing display I've seen for Denver in a long time.
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Finally... :D

Old 12-18-2006, 05:58 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar o

1/2 Running Back / Safety

2/1 Safety / Running Back

3 DE

what about RT? Foster sucks. And i think were set with pears at lt.
but #1 priority goes to safety, cause our pass defense sucks two thirds of the field every play. we need a taller corner still, i miss walls.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:46 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

yippee, we won.

we would've lost that game to any marginally competent team in the nfl. how in the hell do we manage to fumble every three plays? why can't our o-line block anyone? jimmy, do you honestly think we're "set" with pears? i'd like to recommend glasses. blech.

it's not all gloom and doom in nj-land, but we just haven't looked good enough since... well... last season. i don't feel like there's a single game in which the entire team played like it wanted to win a game this year. and as much as i understand about getting jay playoff reps, i just can't imagine it will help when any team we play should absolutely dominate us. i'm so over this season.