Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 09-27-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
So like...Peyton Hillis is better than any RB you have on the roster.

We know :(

Also I just looked at the schedule, and odds are we are 1-5 before going to London. Faaaaaantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know some of you guys were pissed about the Broncos trading Hillis, but did he look this good when he was with you guys? I saw some stats and whatever and I know you're RB situation wasn't the greatest, I just don't get why the Broncos would trade him if he showed ANY of what he is showing right now with us with you guys...

Not trying to be a dick, I'm just wondering.

EDIT : I didn't even read the posts before mine didn't even know people were already talking about him.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF

Last edited by PoopSandwich : 09-28-2010 at 11:16 AM.
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I know some of you guys were pissed about the Broncos trading Hillis, but did he look this good when he was with you guys? I saw some stats and whatever and I know you're RB situation wasn't the greatest, I just don't get why the Broncos would trade him if he showed ANY of what he is showing right now with us with you guys...

Because he ****** up repeatedly while learning the new offense, which put him in McD's doghouse pretty quickly.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:17 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so i think i finally understand why moreno sucks. dude has the worst vision of any starting running back i've ever seen.
Dude also has toothpick-legs.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post

EDIT : I didn't even read the posts before mine didn't even know people were already talking about him.
He looked quite good in the few starts he got a few years ago under Shanny.

He quickly got into McD's doghouse though, and basically he traded him away for nothing (read Brady Quinn lol)

I like the guy, and hoping he has a monster year for the Browns.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys. :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Good game guys. :(
Thanks bro. I was thinking it would be a close game, but I didn't expect it to be quite that tight.

I was somwhat surprised we held your running game in check other than the big run by Ringer. That allowed us to make the adjustment to bring Dawkins as the blitzer/spy on Young to shut down the bootleg action when it really counted.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ is sucking. I'm mad at him.

But yeah, it was an awesome game though. I'd go from jumping with joy, to screaming in frustration, to complete apathy every other play.

I wish they would've been more aggressive with VY and the passing game. Ya'll were swarming the run, we only had a 4 point lead, and typical Fisherball, then run-run-run. VY's been playing well. Why they choose to handcuff him, thus making the offense predictable, blows my mind.

But yeah, it's good to see Orton have success. Chris and Njx are mah boys, so if we have to lose, it can be to you guys. Looks like McDaniels found a guy who fits what he wants to do well in Brandon Lloyd. That's what I don't get with McDaniels: Why not just pickup the FA guys who fit your scheme like Lloyd and be so proactive and make silly trades for the likes of Maroney, Quinn, etc? That's what Fisher, Cecil, and DL Coach Jim Washburn do on DEF. Ya'll saw guys on DEF like Tony Brown, Dave Ball, and Jason Babin? All were vet FA's we got at rock bottom prices and they're awesome now. McDaniels should do that on offense for ya'll, but it seems like he wants to be the smartest person in the room. I dunno...

Hopefully ya'll keep with Buckhalter. Maroney is just a clinic on futility. I think Demaryius Thomas will end up being a good player though. He may not be heavily involved in the offense yet, but when I've seen him this year, I thought he looked fluid. Kid's an athlete.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
But yeah, it was an awesome game though. I'd go from jumping with joy, to screaming in frustration, to complete apathy every other play.
I know what you mean. My 2 year old son was napping on my lap, which was the only thing that stopped me from jumping up in disgust / joy a dozen or more times...

Quote:
I wish they would've been more aggressive with VY and the passing game.
I was wondering about that. Our pass rush sucked and if you had a more downfield passing attack, it could've really hurt us.

Quote:
Why they choose to handcuff him, thus making the offense predictable, blows my mind.
Trust is earned, not given? At times during the 2nd half it seemed like they were concerned more about *not* giving up a turnover than taking shots to move the ball downfield.

Quote:
Looks like McDaniels found a guy who fits what he wants to do well in Brandon Lloyd.
Yeah, he's really been a revelation this year. He's always been capable of a highlight reel play, but he was so inconsistent and really played like utter **** at times. Orton said something in the offseason about Lloyd learning humility over the past few years when he was a bottom feeder on the depth chart. Maybe that's what he needed.

Quote:
McDaniels should do that on offense for ya'll, but it seems like he wants to be the smartest person in the room. I dunno...
McD has done a decent job on defense in that respect, but you're right, his offensive moves have been hit or miss. I think Maroney is very much a bandaid for what has been a very tough offseason/early season for our RB's. We needed someone we could plug in who knew the system, and Maroney was one of the few guys out there who fit the bill.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really just keep repeating the same **** in here every week.

passing game and orton look awesome, except in the red zone.

run game is horrible (though perhaps horrible is a generous term).

Run def is better than expected - Ayers is really starting to play well.

Pass rush is non-existent. (side-note - if Doom was healthy we would actually have a quite good defense. DJ is also playing okay right now, so if we can find a good ILB from somewhere and Doom comes back as his old self next year...........)

special teams is still awful at coverage.

another game where we play well enough for it to be decided by a few big plays. i think we need to get used to this, as we arent good enough to dominate anyone, but most of the time are good enough to not get dominated by anyone.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
run game is horrible (though perhaps horrible is a generous term).
Peyton Hillis *clap* *clap* *clap-clap-clap*
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this may be one of the strangest feeling games ive ever watched.

i feel like our offense is playing great despite the inability to run, yet we have 10 points and are down by 2 scores. i can't explain it. and the defense isn't even playing that atrociously, baltimore is just murdering us with situational runs.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing to talk about that we didnt already know. Almost like a bye this week.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

The injury situation is ridiculous:

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...defenders-out/

Quote:
Robert Ayers, Brian Dawkins, Andre’ Goodman, Darcel McBath and Wesley Woodyard will miss Sunday’s home game against the Jets due to injury, Head Coach Josh McDaniels announced Monday.
Seriously, WTF? It was bad enough loosing Doom and having the backs and veteran OL banged up to start the season. Now the defense is completely in ruins.

I think Sunday will be a good day to get caught up on the yard work...
Old 10-11-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Broken foot for Ayers too. The talk is he is out for the rest of the season. We are seriously ******.

We may as well treat this week as a bye, concede the game and rest a bunch of key players for the Raiders game the week after.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
figures, that's the game i bought tickets for.

at least i won't feel bad about getting hammered in the parking lot before the game.
LOL. I wonder if this orange pep rally thing they just announced was always on the schedule or if it is a direct response to the ****** Balt game + injuries. It certainly smells like a desperation ploy to me.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

What chance do you think we use a 4-3 this week?
Old 10-12-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
can't imagine there's any chance. we were bad enough last year with 3-4 personnel twho didn't know what they were doing. i can only imagine how ugly it would be to see 3-4 personnel trying to figure out a 4-3. especially since i don't think our defensive coach has any real idea how to run one.
True, though I heard in the offseason we were using some 4-3 stuff in practice. Thought since about the only healthy position we have these days in the d-line, it might be better that starting two practice squad OLBs in a 3-4.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
heh, i figure they might as well just start holding tryouts. some local folks really couldn't be much worse than the crap we've been trotting out there (ayers as an exception, as little as i want to admit it).
I hate it when you reach the point of the season when your attention starts focusing towards next year.

I just dont see how we can fix the running game this season, and with no prospect of Doom or Ayers being back this season, I dont see how the defense can be solid enough to keep us in games against anyone that is not especially crap.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

McD mentioned the 4-3 when he was on Sirus earlier. I guess they've been working on it, probably starting around the time Doom went down.

McD also pretty much admitted the Jets game is particularly important to the team, so don't be surprised if they come out swinging even if it is a somewhat hopeless cause given our current plague of injuries.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PM me if interested in being the GM of your team in our forum mock!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43261
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Goddamn it. We overcame a ******** of adversity to almost win that game, then got dumped on by the football gods. What a bunch of ******* ****.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Goddamn it. We overcame a ******** of adversity to almost win that game, then got dumped on by the football gods. What a bunch of ******* ****.
what is it about turning the ******* ball over in the first ******* quarter when we are in scoring position? **** me we are ******* hopeless in the ******* red ************* zone. ****!
Old 10-17-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Yes, the follies in enemy territory have gotten pretty old: Moreno's fumble, the buggered FG and that final failure of a snap that sealed the game. I'd rather have my eyes burned out that have to watch that **** again.

Our execution is total ******* garbage right now. The injuries are a big part of it, as we haven't had any consistency in personnel since the very beginning of training camp. Having to rely on rookies in key positions doesn't help either.

We absolutely have to beat the Raiders next week.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Speaking of playcalling, what happened to the screen and hitting the back in the flats? Some of the blitzes the Jets dialed up were so ******* obvious, yet we were still looking for the downfield pass.

As an aside, it looks to me all too often the hot read is the outside receiver in man-to-man. That can work, but then again that guy is *always* covered which means you aren't fully exploiting the holes in the blitzing coverage.