Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 10-19-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3.8 for Tebow. Give the man the ball!!!!

Seriously though, it's annoying seeing how abysmal our running game is with how many runners we've had on this team that are enjoying moderate success elsewhere. Obviously Hillis, and Mike Bell was good last season. Our problems aren't the RBs, but the RBs clearly aren't helping either. I'm actually starting to come around on Moreno, but that's probably because he's surrounded by total **** and looks decent by comparison.

Actually statistically, he's surrounded by such **** that he doesn't even look decent by any measure other than comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be pretty sad if we ended up with Rudolph with a guy like Heyward still on the board.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree - I have to believe that we can find a decent TE in FA easier and cheaper than we can find a playmaking defensive front 7 guy.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the idea of picking a TE. We essentially traded a first rounder for one before the season. Plus we traded away Tony Scheffler, who I was a big fan of. Not to mention, the passing offense is not even close to our problem right now. I can't think of a single good reason to draft Rudolph.

Which makes it the most likely option.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-21-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
I hate the idea of picking a TE. We essentially traded a first rounder for one before the season. Plus we traded away Tony Scheffler, who I was a big fan of. Not to mention, the passing offense is not even close to our problem right now. I can't think of a single good reason to draft Rudolph.

Which makes it the most likely option.
Add to that is if we pick up a TE early, it means that Quinn is regarded as a lost cause, which would pretty much make the 2009 draft as one of the worst ever.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:22 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumper View Post
1-4 hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
who is 1-4? Are you the guy that is jealous because Orton >>>>> Kolb?
Old 10-24-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm done with this team.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@Josh McDaniels-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g1KcOw7zas
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time for McD to get fired. Seriously. Lack of heart and discipline were some of the things that particularly bothered me about the end of Shanahan's tenure, and this game has all the same hallmarks.

If you give up when you get some bad breaks, then the team needs a big shakeup.

I wonder if Bill Parcells is willing to come and do one of his patented rebuild jobs?
Old 10-24-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Old 10-24-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wtf happened to you guys???

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Wtf happened to you guys???
Most of the Broncos players gave up after the fumble when we were down 14-0 already. That's when my TV went off - no point in me holding out hope when the team has already quit for the day.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WHy the hell is Tebow not in the game yet ! I mean come on , your down so many points and Orton ain't doing **** . Bring in superman and let him try to run the offense and see wht he can do for crying out loud .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
WHy the hell is Tebow not in the game yet ! I mean come on , your down so many points and Orton ain't doing **** . Bring in superman and let him try to run the offense and see wht he can do for crying out loud .
Probably because McD heard the fans booing and chanting for Tebow at the end of the first half.

I originally typed that in jest, but now, with a little more consideration, I think it might actually be the truth.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
because he's not ready? because he still can't throw? because he doesn't know the offense, beyond the idiotic half-spread **** mcdaniels keeps trying to run?
With the faith of a mustard seed, you can move mountains. So hopefully the faith of a Tim Tebow can move the Broncos offense.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-25-2010, 08:26 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This picture summarizes most of my feelings toward McDaniels entire tenure as our head coach.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Interesting article:

http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_16425206

Basically, his point is that there is a direct contradiction between what McD preaches (intelligence, physical play, mental toughness) and what is on display on the field (mental errors, focus on finesse passing, folding in the face of adversity).
Old 10-26-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I throw whatever it takes at Cowher/Gruden/Billick (in that order) to be the head coach. Then, I shift Tebow to TE. Come draft day, I load up on lineman and draft a real heir to Orton. Maybe make a trade for a RB like DeAngelo Williams or Jonathan Stewart.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

I keep starting to comment on things, and then the nausea wave hits and I have to stop.

**** football, **** it right in the ass.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
all right, so this season is a complete loss. we finish at something around 6-10. pat bowlen executes xanders. then, he gets really drunk somewhere in Lodo, and throws up on your shoes. in an effort to make amends, he hires you as the GM and gives you complete player/personnel control, as well as control over the (new?) coaching staff.

what do you do?
-if the second half of the season resembles the first half in any way, shape or form, fire mcdaniels. there's no sense in bringing back a coach whose team has quit on him
-look to hire urban meyer if mcdaniels is fired. i'm probably in the minority here
-fire clancy barone and mike priefer. both are trash
-i have no idea who's in the upcoming free agent class so i'll leave this area open
-target marcell dareus in the draft, trade up for him if need be. dareus would be a cornerstone for the dline and for the defense as whole
Old 10-27-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A new coach should get 3 years to build his team, especially when you completely rebuild it the way Josh McDaniels and Raheem Morris have done. 2-5 sucks but (close) losses to the Colts and Jets are understandable especially with all the injuries on both sides of the ball. On the other hand, the Ravens and Raiders (blowout) losses should never happen.

The second half of the schedule is way easier but even if they keep struggling, McD should get a 3rd year. Having Moreno, DT, Kuper, Harris, Doom, Ayers, Dawkins, Goodman all missing significant time is a huge reason for 2-5.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
A new coach should get 3 years to build his team, especially when you completely rebuild it the way Josh McDaniels and Raheem Morris have done. 2-5 sucks but (close) losses to the Colts and Jets are understandable especially with all the injuries on both sides of the ball. On the other hand, the Ravens and Raiders (blowout) losses should never happen.

The second half of the schedule is way easier but even if they keep struggling, McD should get a 3rd year. Having Moreno, DT, Kuper, Harris, Doom, Ayers, Dawkins, Goodman all missing significant time is a huge reason for 2-5.
I am going to agree with this. As much as last week has made me want to do anything I can to make me forget about the fact a football season is underway, it is too early to pull the plug on the Josh experiment just yet. He has made a ******** of mistakes, but has also shown enough promise to ride this one out.

What do we need? Some impact players on defense. If Doom and Ayers come back healthy next year, and from somewhere we get a quality MLB and D-lineman that can make plays, then I think we can be okay on that side of the ball. Healthy and especially more experienced o-line, then I think we are okay on that side of the ball. We arent strong enough on either side of the ball to carry the other one, so if one is depleted we get blown the **** out.

"I'm not sugarcoating this. I'm going to be as honest as can be and tell it to you straight. It's not Josh. I've never been more prepared as a player from a head coach. And I've been through five or six already. We knew when the screen play was coming. We just didn't stop it. We knew when it was run-toss and they were going to try to hit the edge. We just didn't stop it. It's not him. People may not understand that, but I'm telling you that's the way it is."

Broncos LB Mario Haggan responding to a suggestions that the Broncos didn't adequately prepare for the Raiders game
Old 10-27-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
i don't frankly care if they don't think it's josh. the entire ******* team quit in the first ******* quarter. that's the absolute hallmark of a poorly coached team. that's the kind of **** the raiders have done for the last 8 years.

though, i'm entertained by the idea that missing a barely #2 cb, a rb averaging 3.3 ypc, a rt who hasn't been healthy in 4 years, and an over the hill safety is why we're 2-5. this team is 2-5 because there isn't any talent at key positions and because the coaching (on both sides of the ball) is atrocious.

i see no reason whatsoever to give a guy an extra year to remove even more talent from the team and dig it even deeper into a hole. i see no reason to spend another 16 games watching a guy who couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag repeatedly call draw plays and screen passes that haven't worked once in the 2 years he's been calling them.

mcdaniels is, as far as i've seen, the worst coach in the nfl right now. period. sometimes, you just have to admit you're wrong, as a franchise.
And the poll on the Denverpost website about getting rid of Josh shows that 80% of respondents agree with you. I will not be upset in the slightest if he is fired, but, but, I am prepared to give him until the end of next season as I think what he is trying to do can work (not will mind you, but can). A new coach and system right not would be a ******* disaster with the roster we have.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

let's say that mcdaniels is fired and we don't hire a big name such as gruden or cowher for whatever reason. any good alternatives in that situation?
Old 10-28-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Clean out all the executives. Joe Ellis is a cockface. Xanders is a piece of ****. Bring in veteran execs to rebuild the management layer. Let them pick a coach who they can work with effectively to renew the team.

I'd really like to see them to bring in new execs now, as it gives them half a season to evaluate the team.