Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 11-23-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moreno and Joe Mays were the bright spots.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Timbathia is coming back, guys...

Honestly though, as this season slips further and further away, I think we need to find out what Tebow can do. Don't have to start him or anything, but I really think we need to see what he can do on drives while operating as primarily a dropback passer. We'll probably be in position to grab Locker or Mallett in the draft, and I don't want to pass up on a potential franchise signal caller because we have a guy that has thrown 1 pass in 10 games. I know Orton is one of our less dim spots, but I don't think he's a franchise guy. He's a guy we can win with, but if management feels Locker or Mallett can be the guy who finally takes control of this QB position for a decade, I want them to be equipped to make that decision. And they can't be equipped to make that decision if we can't see a little bit of what Tebow can and can't do. If he's made zero progress, we should act, because he's had the preseason+11 weeks to practice. If he's only been working on Florida plays in practice, then McD needs the axe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Moreno and Joe Mays were the bright spots.
I like Mays, but he is a limited player that I would prefer we were able to keep on special teams. What he does bring is a desire for contact, and that sort of need for violence is a great attribute in a linebacker. Maybe if DJ had that need then he would tackle people at the LOS rather than 5 yards after it. A quality thumper would actually make our linebacker group look pretty decent next year with Doom and Ayers on the outside.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
I don't think Timbathia is coming back, guys...

Honestly though, as this season slips further and further away, I think we need to find out what Tebow can do. Don't have to start him or anything, but I really think we need to see what he can do on drives while operating as primarily a dropback passer. We'll probably be in position to grab Locker or Mallett in the draft, and I don't want to pass up on a potential franchise signal caller because we have a guy that has thrown 1 pass in 10 games. I know Orton is one of our less dim spots, but I don't think he's a franchise guy. He's a guy we can win with, but if management feels Locker or Mallett can be the guy who finally takes control of this QB position for a decade, I want them to be equipped to make that decision. And they can't be equipped to make that decision if we can't see a little bit of what Tebow can and can't do. If he's made zero progress, we should act, because he's had the preseason+11 weeks to practice. If he's only been working on Florida plays in practice, then McD needs the axe.
You might be right about the bright spot thing.

I really dont want us taking a Locker or Mallett. There are some potentially dominant Dlineman that we should be in a position to take, and I personally think that this FA/veteran approach to the defense has gone on long enough. We need an elite DL, and we need top quality players at ILB, CB, and safety. Lets draft one or two rather than taking other teams aging castoffs.

Playing Tebow this year is too soon IMO. Everyone called him a 2 year project, so evaluating him now is unfair. Let Orton start next year, and when the season is lost, then will be the time to start Tebow. Like it or not, Tebow is the guy most likely to get his shot in 2012 as the starter, and taking a first round QB before then is not an option.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Denver needs DL in the worst way. 31st in the NFL in run defense. Giving up 4.4 YPC. There are some really nice 3-4 DL prospects in this upcoming draft and it would be a huge mistake to pass on a Bowers or Clayborne. Rebuild the defensive line and go from there.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I think Denver needs DL in the worst way. 31st in the NFL in run defense. Giving up 4.4 YPC. There are some really nice 3-4 DL prospects in this upcoming draft and it would be a huge mistake to pass on a Bowers or Clayborne. Rebuild the defensive line and go from there.
I think Dareus or Fairley would be better options.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
I think Dareus or Fairley would be better options.
Those guys too, and they're not even the only ones. I don't think Denver can afford to pass up on one of those DL prospects in such a deep draft.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Those guys too, and they're not even the only ones. I don't think Denver can afford to pass up on one of those DL prospects in such a deep draft.
From a fan's perspective, DL is at the top of the wish list. I'd like to see two picks used on the line. We badly need guys who can get some push and be a factor against the pass... right now our DL provides jack squat in terms of pass rush.

However, like njx9, I don't expect our current team leadership to do anything as straightforward as this. McX seem to make some wierd decisions, ones that suggest they are trying to prove how smart they are by not following conventional wisdom. That kind of crap can easily backfire. To me, this is the critical reason to bring in an experienced GM now to get value out of this offseason. We can't afford to screw things up this time around.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
meh. i don't trust a broncos front office to ever do the right thing (see: tebow, moreno, ayers, smith, beadles). i fully expect us to take the notre dame te, or some other crap for mcdaniels' worthless excuse for an offense.
I wouldnt be opposed to us taking a TE in the third round, or even with one of our seconds if Rudolph is there. It is a terrible TE class, but if someone like Kendricks is there in the third it wouldnt be a bad option. That being said, I hope that Quinn gets a lot more playing time now the season is over to work out if he will develop into anything useful. I dont know if he still doesnt understand the offense and know what he should be doing or whether he is just another poor draft pick.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ready for some Tim Tebow; it might be the only way to energize fans and save McDaniels' job.

Monday nights pathetic performance shows that Orton does not have what it takes. No mobility, average arm, no playmaking ability. Only 7 points for the majority of the game vs SD. And then laughing on the sideline at the end. Tebow does not laugh (he only cries) at the end of games. Tebow's mobility and deep ball are the only way to get fans excited at this point. And stop using Thomas on returns! He gets hurt on every play already.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the Lions lead the Patriots 7-3 gives me hope for this team. As Phil Simms put it... "Two years ago, this Lions team was a slow, aging, over-paid group. Now they are a bigger, faster team with weapons on both side of the ball."

I like what I see from the Lions, I think that in 3 years they will be regular playoff contenders. Having that said, there's always hope that we can turn this franchise around in 2 years. However, it will take some smart drafting and luck, so lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Go Broncos.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno. When McD took over, we were at a stage past the Lions right now, even with a healthy Stafford. A 25 year old PBer at QB, a stud WR the same age, and a franchise LT. The defense was in shambles, though.

Fast forward two years and we have a game manager at QB, a guy who is definitely good enough to win games and even a SB if he's on the right team(not THIS team), and Tim Tebow. At WR, we have a ragtag group of veterans, Eddie Royal, and a young, promising guy who realistically is not Brandon Marshall. Still have Clady, and the defense remains in shambles.

At least when the Lions signed Mayhew and Schwartz, they started moving in the right direction. We haven't.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-25-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
i couldn't disagree more. i don't think there's anything this team needs less than another TE that doesn't have a place in mcdaniels' offense. i'd be utterly opposed to signing one in FA if it cost us anything.

were i in charge, the entire draft and off season would be about the interior oline (again) and the defensive front seven. i can't see any argument for anything else.
I think there is a huge place in McDaniels offense for blocking TEs that can catch. Look how much they are used in NEs offense. They will never be used as a pure receiver and put up Gates-type numbers, but would still be a valuable addition to the offense in short-yardage and goal lines situations. The problem we have right now is the o-line needs too much help, so the TEs stay on the line, and quite frankly Graham looks old when he is running routes, Quinn either is not liked or does not know what he is doing, and Gronkowski just isnt that good.

TEs are the answer to a 3-4 defense, and in our division that is kinda important.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
At least when the Lions signed Mayhew and Schwartz, they started moving in the right direction. We haven't.
This is assuming McDaniels has a job next season. I'm assuming one of the worst coaches in the nfl is rightfully unemployed next year and we get to start from scratch once that 2 year clock starts.

We should have hired Raheem Morris...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Don't look now, but Denver has an interview scheduled with Raheem Morris, who would become the youngest coach in the league
http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/...-morris-o.html

*sigh* what could have been

Last edited by Jimmy : 11-25-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

McDaniels is actually not that bad of a coach, if he sticks to offensive stuff.

The problem is that he is a terrible drafter and roster manager.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
The problem is that he is a terrible drafter and roster manager.
So was Shanahan.

McD actually made some decent individual picks in the last draft. My issue is with his overall strategy.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

we can only hope. not to start planning for next season or anything.. but now is the time of the year when i start to salivate over our potential first round selection.

Last edited by Jimmy : 11-26-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
edited. need to remember to take deep breaths before discussing mcdaniels.
We all know McD is a lying *****, an egotistical **** and a ****-spewing **********. Those obvious things can go unsaid, to allow whatever the actual discussion point is to be expressed... <grin>
Old 11-27-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
We all know McD is a lying *****, an egotistical **** and a ****-spewing **********.
He's a lying *****, an egotistical **** and a ****-spewing, cheating **********.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...Denver_Broncos
Old 11-27-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

If there is any fire to go with this smoke, McD is done.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

So Josh got the first part of being a Bill disciple down by recording opponents. Unfortunately he forgot the critical second step of winning the game. That's kind of pathetic.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-28-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

More **** today. Glad to see the stadium empty out at halftime - that's pretty much the only message Bowlen & Ellis will take seriously.

Typical Orton out there - played great whent there was no pressure, but anytime we really needed a clutch play he choked.

McD's playcalling is too often total crap - those pass,pass,pass,punt sequences when the Rams were building on their momentum were killers. We give up on the run way too easily.

The defense sucks balls. A few guys out there are trying (e.g. Joe Mays) but the rest are just going through the motions. The aging veterans are some of the worst perpetrators... I won't be sad to see them go in the offseason.

The only hope that remains is for new leadership.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
More **** today. Glad to see the stadium empty out at halftime - that's pretty much the only message Bowlen & Ellis will take seriously.

Typical Orton out there - played great whent there was no pressure, but anytime we really needed a clutch play he choked.

McD's playcalling is too often total crap - those pass,pass,pass,punt sequences when the Rams were building on their momentum were killers. We give up on the run way too easily.

The defense sucks balls. A few guys out there are trying (e.g. Joe Mays) but the rest are just going through the motions. The aging veterans are some of the worst perpetrators... I won't be sad to see them go in the offseason.

The only hope that remains is for new leadership.
You know what name is simultaneous with leadership? I do!

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

I just cant get over how bad the defense is. I just hope that whoever the coach is next year now truly understands how badly we need to draft some talent on that side of that ball.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

well on the bright side, mcdaniels is that much closer to getting canned..