Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 11-28-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys think McDaniels is out before Tebow gets a shot?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:19 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
You guys think McDaniels is out before Tebow gets a shot?
I say no. McDaniels will be there next year along with Orton, but once we are out of playoff contention Tebow will get his shot. Best guess he starts in round 12 2011 (if there is a 2011 season that is).
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default McDoomed

The vultures are circling...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16734431

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/j...broncos-112910

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN INSIDER
It's been a bad few days for Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels, having been hit with a $50,000 fine for one of his staffers illegally taping a San Francisco 49ers walk-through earlier this year, and then losing to the St. Louis Rams Sunday by a score of 36-33.

As a result, the storm clouds are beginning to hover over his job security. Mike Kiszla of the Denver Post writes that McDaniels keeps moving "closer to the unemployment line," and that he "might be the most reviled man in Denver."

Peter King of Sports Illustrated writes that he wonders if the videotaping incident could end up being "the final straw" for McDaniels. If the Broncos can't get something of a winning streak together to end the season, it certainly doesn't look great for McDaniels.

If a coaching change ends up being made, it will be interesting to see what the new regime will choose to do with rookie QB Tim Tebow.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bowlen says mcdaniels will be back for '11
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/29/j...os-owner-says/

we really need to bring in a legit gm or someone who could play the role of a czar, someone like marty schottenheimer
Old 11-29-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
and fire everyone on josh's coaching staff.

regardless, what bowlen says is generally irrelevant. as sad as it may be, he probably won't remember having said it tomorrow.
yep. it pretty much doesn't mean **** when an owner gives the dreaded vote of confidence
Old 11-29-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and fire everyone on josh's coaching staff.

regardless, what bowlen says is generally irrelevant. as sad as it may be, he probably won't remember having said it tomorrow.

also, the comments to that article had me laughing...

"I am not sure how I feel about this, but I can say for sure, if McDaniels doesn't learn how to properly use a running back of the caliber of Moreno, then he needs to stop coaching."
To be fair to the commenter, maybe he meant proper use of a RB of Moreno's calibre is placing him comfortably on the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Drinking & Teleconferences don't mix

http://twitter.com/viclombardi

Quote:
Broncos just issued a statement from Bowlen backing off his original comments. Forget the vote of confidence I guess. More to come.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
IF McDaniels gets fired now, who do you think would be the interim coach?
Old 11-29-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default The "sober" version

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16738529

Quote:
"This has been a very trying and disappointing season for all of us," Bowlen said in a written statement. "We haven't had the success we had hoped to achieve. Josh McDaniels is the head coach of the Broncos, and you always strive for stability at that position. However, with five games left in the 2010 season, we will continue to monitor the progress of the team and evaluate what's in the best interest of this franchise."
So a flip-flop in position over the course of a few hours? I seriously believe Bowlen is either losing his marbles or self-medicating heavily.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
IF McDaniels gets fired now, who do you think would be the interim coach?
None of the assistants are even close to having the credentials required to be considered a possible successor. However, even if the role is explictly just a caretaker one, I suspect it would *not* be Wink as a new DC is almost inevitable considering the play of the defense. If we were going to clean house, I'd think McCoy would be the most likely to survive because of his knowledge of the offensive scheme (which is the part a new regime is most likely to want to salvage).

The only reason you make a change now is if you want to start bringing in the new regime immediately, which suggests a GM level change. You know there's no way in hell McD will help with the transition, so you can him, promote McCoy to interim HC, and then McCoy starts working with the new management to lay the foundation for next year. McCoy knows he's got no shot at being the new HC, so he's happy to play along in the hope it means he gets to stay on the coaching staff.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
honestly? can bowlen be the interim head coach? that would at least make the games fun to watch.
I was walking down the street a few weeks ago, before the big snows hit, and there was a balding homeless guy lying on bench who was wearing this battered pair of aviator shades. He looked like he was lying in a puddle of his own puke, however he wasn't totally unconcious as he blurted out something like "who's yer momma" to some people who walked by just ahead of me. My immediate thought was "put a fur coat on this guy and you've got Bowlen".

Quote:
also, why do i think elway ends up with much higher involvement in the next front office?
Yeah, I think there will be a strong tie in to the "old" Broncos in the new regime... the organization will want to reconnect with it's roots in light of the failure of the Patriot experiment.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

I'm really not sure who I'd like, though there are two things I think we really need:

1. A proven, experienced coaching staff
2. A HC who can motivate players

These are the two really obvious deficits this year. The coaches seem in over their heads and the team folds under pressure far too easily.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Best article so far

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/J...Broncos-112910

Quote:
Denver fans should be thankful for Steve Scarnecchia. He hopefully delivered the dagger in forcing a change. As if you needed any more visual evidence that McDaniels is in way over his head. He is a losing football coach. He canít run an organization.

Coaching the Denver Broncos is a plum job. The NFL is better when the Broncos are relevant. They arenít right now. Denver needs to hire a legit new general manager, who will hire the next coach. The Broncos need to follow the Falcons model from a few years back after Bobby Petrino quit like a coward.

Denver deserves a winner. You shouldnít need a rogue videographer to help you see the Broncos donít have one. Thereís no excuse, Pat Bowlen. Save your franchise.
That pretty much covers it.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
or demoting him to the blue bombers.

yes, that's right. in winnipeg.
Well hopefully he's bad enough that Winnipeg doesn't protect him in the expansion draft and the new Ottawa team drafts him. Cuz I'd buy a Moreno jersey.

Hell, maybe 5 years from now I'll also be wearing a Tim Tebow jersey to Ottawa RoughRiders/Renegades/Whatever they'll be called games.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-01-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the chances Kyle Orton leaves this offseason? Do you think they believe Tebow/Quinn can step in for him? I think Orton is a perfect match for the Raiders if he is a F/A

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
What are the chances Kyle Orton leaves this offseason? Do you think they believe Tebow/Quinn can step in for him? I think Orton is a perfect match for the Raiders if he is a F/A
I don't think he's a FA - we gave him a contract extension earlier this year.

That being said, I am pretty certain he will be traded in the offseason. His value will never be higher, and there are a number of teams who could use a solid game manager at QB.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:17 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Has anyone seen or heard much about the possibility of Champ staying in Denver but moving to safety (taking over form Renaldo Hill)? We all pretty much agree he is only an okay CB these days, but could probably be a quite good safety for a few more years. Most of the talk I am hearing is that he should be gone next year.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Has anyone seen or heard much about the possibility of Champ staying in Denver but moving to safety (taking over form Renaldo Hill)? We all pretty much agree he is only an okay CB these days, but could probably be a quite good safety for a few more years. Most of the talk I am hearing is that he should be gone next year.
Champ doesn't want to move to safety yet for two reasons: 1) he still thinks he's a shutdown corner, and 2) he's looking for a big payday and, all things being equal, CB's make more $$$.

All signs point to Champ going elsewhere in the offseason.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

A rumor has been floating around that some TV personality has a meeting with the Broncos this week to discuss a potential GM role.

I know Schlereth has openly spoken about the position, but he doesn't have any experience.

Maybe Mike Lombardi? He has been less critical of the team that many other media types, has ties to Denver... oh, and actually has some experience in this area. The downside is that he's one of the guys who thinks McD will be a great coach one day... which would mean at least another year of the Boy Blunder.

Anyway, something to mull over...
Old 12-03-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
That being said, I am pretty certain he will be traded in the offseason. His value will never be higher, and there are a number of teams who could use a solid game manager at QB.
Really? Wouldn't it do Tebow better to sit for 2 seasons? He seems like the type to take advantage of all the time learning that he can and I don't see what the rush should be. He was a project anyway. Plus will McDaniels have time to roll with Tebow and his ups as a 1st year starter? If he's brought back, he needs Orton to probably win as many games as he can to keep his job right?

I guess if Tebow is coming along nicely you could, Orton should get a nice return from a team like San Fran who could really use Orton even if they drafted a QB.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Really? Wouldn't it do Tebow better to sit for 2 seasons? He seems like the type to take advantage of all the time learning that he can and I don't see what the rush should be. He was a project anyway. Plus will McDaniels have time to roll with Tebow and his ups as a 1st year starter? If he's brought back, he needs Orton to probably win as many games as he can to keep his job right?
In an ideal world, Tebow sits until he is ready. Of course, that's true of any rookie.

In this situation, though, McD almost has to show he didn't screw up by drafting Tebow. He's been getting called out big time for his personnel decisions and needs to respond. It's not like they spent some 6th round flyer on a guy with an outside chance at panning out... if you valued him as a first rounder, he should be a lot more "player" than "project".

Of course, McD is going to hold off playing Tebow this year as long as he can. Why? Because he's got nothing to gain by playing Tebow. If Tebow plays poorly, McD is pretty much dead in the water. If Tebow plays well, it could hurt Orton's value by making him appear more of a product of the system.

We're all set up to make this move. Quinn is a waste of a roster spot as long as Orton is on the team. There's no question that Tebow wants to start. Orton isn't a clutch player, despite his stats.

I'll be surprised if Orton is still on the roster next fall.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow needs to play some more toward ends of game I mean if they are down by 14 or even 21 points . Put the kid in and lets see what he can do / learned so far this season. I mean by most of the second round or first round picks have gotten more playing time then he has . I'm sure he has been working on drop back type plays and what not this entire season etc . So why not play him in the 4th quarter if you down so far . I say give the kid a chance late in the game . The crowd is gonna cheer any way .
Old 12-05-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. That is all.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

That's weird, it isn't week 17 yet.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-05-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Orton sucked ass today.

Moreno rocked.

Who throws 8 passes in a row when you've been gouging the opposition on the ground? If it was McD, he should be fired immediately. If it was Orton audibling out of the runs at the line, he needs a Casino-style beating in a cornfield.