Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 01-07-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
The one thing that bothers me is that when he tries to make cuts when he's return, it looks like he's on ice or something. He even puts his hand out, as if to stabilize/balance himself. He's not as quick as he is fast, and that does translate into his coverage.
yea, it was pretty obvious tonight on one of his first half returns and i've noticed that it's an issue for him on hook routes and such. i still really like him as a prospect, and you have to remember that the dude is only twenty years old, he has a lot of time yet to become a polished football player.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
A very underwhelming list, in my opinion. Dirk Koetter? Really?
JAX has quietly put up solid offensive production over the time Koetter has been there. When you consider the very modest talent they've had at QB and WR, being somewhere in the top 10-15 in overall production and top 5 in 3rd down conversions is a pretty decent accomplishment.

Anyway, here's a more flashy addition:

Quote:
The Broncos’ head coaching candidate list now has a profile name: John Fox.

The team is seeking permission to interview the Carolina Panthers’ head coach, according to an NFL source.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...os-radar/6466/
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have not been anywhere near the top fifteen or ten in overall production in Koetter's time as OC in Jacksonville outside his first year there when they were sixth in points and seventh in yards respectively.

18, 24 and 24 the past three years in points.

15, 18 and 20 in yards the past three years.

Like I said, completely underwhelming outside his first year there. Do you honestly believe an offensive coordinator who cannot even muster up average offenses deserves a shot at our job?

I think not.

Last edited by Chris : 01-08-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:46 AM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Broncos are set to interview two head coaching candidates, Greg Williams and Perry Fewell, that use the 43 system. A telling sign of things to come?
Elway had said in his presser that he would like to stick with the 3-4 given the pieces we have in store there already. Seems funny, because I think we have piss on defense as far as talent goes, but over the past few years there have been quite a few moves in that area. I'm not sure switching schemes again is something that the Broncos are interested in doing, if -- and only if they feel that a change to a 4-3 would bring more continuity down the road.

It will be interesting to see. Player evaluations from the position coaches will be a big factor in this, regardless if those guys are not retained.

Denver has perhaps one "elite" player on defense, Bailey -- who might not even be here next year. After that, you have one good player in DJ Williams (and yes, I consider DJ good -- I feel horrible on him having to switch spots multiple times and have a different DC almost every year) and after that there isn't much.

Dawkins play clearly slipped this year and the only way I see us picking up his option is for leadership capabilities and to help the younger players (and potential draft pick) at the selection groom in for the future. The Denver Post and news outlets like to sensationalize things regarding Dawkins saying, "They lost all the games he has not played in." -- but the more important aspect of it all is how well does he play in the games he is in? This year, clearly not well at all.

Hill was average all season long, but we probably have to keep him because Bruton is not a starter and McBath can never stay healthy.

Goodman is extremely inconsistent and not dependable. I think Perrish Cox is likely to be a starter for this team next year, especially if Bailey goes -- that is, if he isn't in jail. I'm encourage with Thompson in a furthered nickel role and Vaughn being delegated duties in dime packages. If Bailey goes, this could all change. Corner is highly ambiguous for us.

Everybody knows the defensive line is an absolute joke. Kevin Vickerson was our best performer this year and he was a rotational player. Williams and Bannan were underwhelming, but Bannan is just a solid pro. Williams is clearly past his prime. Every position on that line needs upgrading, whether it is NT or the 5T.

Linebacker is also iffy. As I said, we have Williams and that is about it. I have hopes for Ayers, who was playing pretty well before his injury. Cross our fingers he can put it together next year. Who knows how well Dumervil will recover from his injury? Regardless if it is good, we need another quality pass-rusher. Mario Haggan did surprisingly well this year, but isn't a long-term answer to any position. He is versatile though.

Jason Hunter, whatever. He can be upgraded. Woodyard only deserves a roster spot because of ST play. Mays can be a nice two-down thumper for us (GO BISON!) -- but we could upgrade over him too.

In short, our defense is poop. To me, it really doesn't matter what scheme we go to because we have crap there regardless and it will take multiple drafts to fix. It will be absolutely depressing if Champ doesn't stay here.

I agree that DL needs to be the forefront priority, but if Bailey goes -- a guy like Peterson has to be considered. I cannot advocate Fairley at #2 when he isn't a good fit for a 5T in our defense. If we switched, perhaps. I like Dareus a lot, and I would not be against him at #2 if we "had to" because he has proven effective at the 5T, even while hurt this year.

In all honesty, I would prefer a trade down to accumulate more picks. It would be in our best interest.

Despite Peterson's showing tonight in the bowl game, he is still a tremendous prospect, but his talents would almost be useless if we can't get a line to help him. We would still have three other early picks to give him that help though.

Who knows.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It will be absolutely depressing if Champ doesn't stay here.
At what price do you keep him around though? He'll be 33 next year, and he's gonna demand at least 4 years, and he's going to want to stay payed as a top 5 corner. That's a huge investment to make in a player.

It's almost like were in a famine, and the only grocery store for miles is charging $100 for a loaf of bread that is just starting to go stale. Shouldn't we just try to grow our own food?
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well this... sucks...
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17028788
Old 01-08-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
meh. it was bound to happen sooner or later. dude couldn't ever stay on the field.
So... do we kick out beadles and draft a bunch of interior linemen? Or do we draft an interior lineman and a tackle? Or do we address this in free agency?
Old 01-08-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like I said, completely underwhelming outside his first year there. Do you honestly believe an offensive coordinator who cannot even muster up average offenses deserves a shot at our job?

I think not.
I'm not saying he should be the hire, but IMO he's worth interviewing. He's been known as a very strong X's and O's guy since his college days. He's not stuck on a particular scheme (e.g. ASU aired it out), which is somewhat appealing considering he'd be coming in to a situation where the need on the defensive side of things is going to make it very difficult to justify bringing in a lot of new guys on offense.

The downside is that I think he'd need to be willing to bring in a strong, veteran DC and delegate considerable authority to him. If his ego could handle that, it might work.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

(A) Price doesn't really matter for me. It is Champ Bailey. I have even read rumors (ESPN from another forum) that he would be interested in moving to safety to prolong his career. I don't worry about salary like a lot of people do. The money is there to sign him and others. There are ways to construct a contract that would alleviate any hit we would have to take if he ended up not doing well.

(B) Sucks to see Harris go, but his play was off and on and he has had injury problems in his four years with the Broncos. I would continue to grow Beadles at LG and draft a RT. Or, we could draft a player capable of playing either spot, giving us versatility. There are a lot of second to third round starting tackles in this draft, I think we would have our choice of any of them with our three picks after #2. I'll wait until our coaches are hired and see if we switch back to the ZBS (a guarantee if Dennison is or choice) before I come up with any players in mind.

(C) Pass on Koetter at all costs.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Full PP vs. Jeff Fuller analysis is finally up in the PP thread. Really not a whole lot you can take from it, seeing that Fuller ran 1 route on him the whole game.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
(B) Sucks to see Harris go, but his play was off and on and he has had injury problems in his four years with the Broncos. I would continue to grow Beadles at LG and draft a RT. Or, we could draft a player capable of playing either spot, giving us versatility. There are a lot of second to third round starting tackles in this draft, I think we would have our choice of any of them with our three picks after #2. I'll wait until our coaches are hired and see if we switch back to the ZBS (a guarantee if Dennison is or choice) before I come up with any players in mind.
The annoying thing though is that we will have to blow a pick in the first three rounds on a tackle now, unless we get one in FA. We have so many holes that we need this draft to fill, that losing a reasonable starter to FA just makes the rebuilding process all that much harder.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

It is annoying, but honestly, Harris' constant injury problems were pretty annoying as well.

I'd rather have someone who can play a full season so we can finally get the OL to gel.

I think Doug Free is someone to look at in FA if we go back to a ZBS. Dallas was a wierd fit for him in the first place.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Prior to Harris departure, I had offensive line pegged as one of our selections in our top four because we lack serious quality depth there and I believe that they need a serious challenge based on their play this year. Eric Olsen, whom could be a good reserve, was inactive every game this year, matching the Trevor Pryce rookie record. Inconsistency was all over the line.

I like the Doug Free option at tackle in FA. I also like getting a TE in FA as well. Those should be relatively cheap options, since they aren't top performers. Bo Scaife (from Denver) might be a logical pick-up in that regard if we miss out on a high profile name. I'm not really aware of the other names on the OL who could press for starting time.

Right now, with four selections this is how I see it shaking out:

OL, DL (2) and whatever quality player is there. I think it is safe to say we do not need another receiver -- that position seems to be one of talent and strength for us. LB/S I'm all for, that would probably be the bigger priority over anything else since we need talent on defense. Even a dynamic running back if that is at all possible. Just depends on what we do in free agency. However, I like Elway stating he wants to build through the draft.

I'm confident we will be able to add another early round selection to our mix and that would help. At any case, like I said earlier, this rebuild for the team is going to take more than one off-season. Hopefully free agency happens on time and we can get one or two players that fit needs that can help us be more focused in our draft needs.

If I'm correct, we have 1, 2A, 2B, 3 and sixth rounders from New England and Detroit. (Maroney and Smith trades)

Our original six is with Cleveland for Quinn. Our seventh got flipped to Detroit and we got their sixth and Gronkowski. Our fourth is to New England and we got their sixth. No fifth rounder because that goes to Tampa Bay to acquire the two sevenths we spent on Thompson and Kirlew.

Simply not enough at this point in time. I hope we trade down from #2.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I think Harris has been playing a lot better, I would try to make some attempt to keep him.
Beadles need to stay on the inside, he isn't very good on the outside, and isn't fast enough to be the blindside tackle.
I think we should resign Bailey, I mean he is a talented guy and is absolutely dynamite while playing zone. So as a FS he would be pretty good I think.
Also I don't think he is done at corner yet so we can still use him there for a bit.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade Orton for a 3rd.

1st Round: Nick Fairley DT Auburn
2nd Round: Adrian Clayborne DE Iowa
2nd Round: Greg Jones LB Michigan State
3rd Round: Jabal Sheards DE Pittsburgh
3rd Round: Davon House CB New Mexico
6th Round: Coby Fleener TE Stanford
7th Round: Charles Clay FB Tulsa

Free Agency:
Re-Sign Champ
Sign Barry Coffiel
Sigh Eric Weddle
Resign Ryan Harris
Let Dawkins retire

Team:
QB: Tim Tebow/Brady Quinn
HB: Knowshown Moreno/Lance Ball/Lendale White
FB: Charles Clay/Spencer Larsen
WR: Brandon Lloyd/DeMaryious Thomas/Eddie Royal/Jabar Gaffney/Eric Decker/Mathew Willis/Britt Davis
TE: Daniel Graham/Coby Fleener/Richard Quinn
OT: Ryan Clady/Ryan Harris/Chris Clark
G: Chris Kuper/Zane Beadles/Eric Olsen/Stanley Daniels
C: J.D Walton/Jeff Byers

DT: Nick Fairley/Barry Coffiel/Marcus Thomas/Justin Bannan/Kevin Vickerson
DE: Elvis Dumervil/Robert Ayers/Adrian Clayborne/Jabal Sheards
OLB: D.J Williams/Greg Jones/Wesley Woodyard/David Veikune
MLB: Joe Mays
S: Eric Weddle/David Bruton/Darcel McBath/Kyle McCarthy
CB: Champ Bailey/Andre Goodman/Perrish Cox/Davon House/Syndquan Thompson
K: Matt Prater
P: Britton Collquit
LS: Lonnie Paxton

Overall, I think this would cover the pressing offensive needs (Pass Catching TE/FB), while making our defensive considerably better.

Comments?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNYDP View Post
Comments?
If we are shifting to a 4-man front (which is what your post seems to indicate), it weakens the argument for going big on DL. IMO, both Ayers and Hunter would do better with their hands down in a 4-3. We'd still want a significant interior presence, so a DT in round 1 would remain the most likely situation, and I could see us picking up another body in the mid rounds.

I certainly don't mind a lot of the moves you're proposing, but some are borderline wishful thinking (e.g. Harris staying). I'm not sure about the safety group - some decent potential, but would have lots to prove.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
If we are shifting to a 4-man front (which is what your post seems to indicate), it weakens the argument for going big on DL. IMO, both Ayers and Hunter would do better with their hands down in a 4-3. We'd still want a significant interior presence, so a DT in round 1 would remain the most likely situation, and I could see us picking up another body in the mid rounds.

I certainly don't mind a lot of the moves you're proposing, but some are borderline wishful thinking (e.g. Harris staying). I'm not sure about the safety group - some decent potential, but would have lots to prove.
I just wanted to make sure that we would have a fallback option in case if Doom just flopped as a 4-3 end. I think Ayers will be great in a 4-3, but like I said, insurance policy.
I can't say I've seen Jason Hunter play too much as a 4-3 end.
Originally I had Nevis with our first second.
Any suggestions?
I was thinking signing Doug Free would be our best option if Harris leaves, but personally I would franchise Harris and just see what happens with him.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, it looks like the list of head coaching candidates comes down to this:
eric studesville
perry fewell
dirk koetter
rick dennison
gregg williams
mike mularkey
john fox

it's definitely an uninspiring group, although i wouldn't mind if we end up going with fewell. i think it's fair to say that the team's future is looking bleak at this point.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
it's definitely an uninspiring group, although i wouldn't mind if we end up going with fewell. i think it's fair to say that the team's future is looking bleak at this point.
Nothing like some good ole doomsaying....

Seriously, though, was there a "sexy" hire out there? Gruden or Cowher look like they aren't in play at all, the interim guys in Dallas and Minny got promoted and Rivera's had a number shots at the big chair in various places and for whatever reason hasn't made the cut.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Nothing like some good ole doomsaying....

Seriously, though, was there a "sexy" hire out there? Gruden or Cowher look like they aren't in play at all, the interim guys in Dallas and Minny got promoted and Rivera's had a number shots at the big chair in various places and for whatever reason hasn't made the cut.
i'm just saying that with the inexperience of elway/xanders, coupled with the ****** group of players we have right now, it wouldn't be surprising if we really struggle as an organization for the next however many years
Old 01-10-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a more positive note, Fairley looks amazing tonight. I'd be happy with either one of him or PP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:03 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

Another plan...3-4 this time
The Denver Broncos trade Kyle Orton to Arizona for the 69th pick
The Denver Broncos trades #2 of the NFL draft to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for #9, #41, #73, and a future 2nd

#9: Marcel Dareus DE Alabama
#36: Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
#40: Phil Taylor NT Baylor
#46: Jerrell Powe DE Ole Miss
#67: Kelvin Shepherd ILB LSU
#69: Johnny Patrick CB Louisville
#192: Shaun Chapas FB Georgia
#194: Andrew Fleener TE Stanford

Resign Champ Bailey
Resign Ryan Harris
Sign Paul Soliai
Sign Paul Posluszny
Sign Eric Weddle

QB: Tim Tebow/Brady Quinn
RB: Knowshown Moreno/Lance Ball/Lendale White
FB: Shaun Chapas/Spencer Larsen
WR: Brandon Lloyd/Jabar Gaffney/DeMaryious Thomas//Eddie Royal/Eric Decker/Britt Davis or Matthew Willis
TE: Kyle Rudolph/Andrew Fleener/Richard Quinn
RT: Ryan Harris
RG: Chris Kuper/Stanley Daniels
C: J.D Walton/Jeff Byers
LG: Zane Beadles/Eric Olsen
LT: Ryan Clady/Chris Clark

RDE: Marcus Thomas/Marcel Dareus
NT: Paul Soliai/Phil Taylor/Jamal Williams
LDE: Justin Bannan/Kevin Vickerson/Jerrell Powe
ROLB: Elvis Dumervil/Wesley Woodyard
RILB: D.J Williams/Paul Posluszny
LILB: Joe Mays/Kelvin Shepherd
LOLB: Robert Ayers/Mario Haggan
CB: Champ Bailey/Johnny Patrick
CB: Andre Goodman/Perrish Cox
NCB: Syd'Quan Thompson/Cassius Vaughn
FS: Eric Weddle/Darcel McBath
SS: David Bruton/Kyle McCarthy

K: Matt Prater
P: Britton Colquitt
LS: Lonnie Paxton
Old 01-11-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't care what else happens, kyle rudolph is a horrible pick. not quite on the clarett level, but certainly on the quinn level.
I wouldn't go that far. At least Rudolph can play. I don't think most people even knew who Quinn was. And still don't.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far. At least Rudolph can play. I don't think most people even knew who Quinn was. And still don't.
I guess TE and OL are both offensive positions that need help (whether Harris leaves or not) and drafting someone of good value wouldnt upset me (no more Beadles-type reaches please). Nowhere near as big a need as everywhere on the defense though.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
we have no business drafting yet another TE who will have an extremely limited role in the offense, when nearly every other position on the team could just use warm bodies. we might as well draft devlin in the second. i mean, we need a second string qb, right?
This is the unknown of course, as we really dont know what kind of an offense we will run next year.

If I were running an offense with Tebow at the helm, then a quality TE (who can hold his ground, block downfield, act as a reliable safety valve, catch screen passes and catch downfield) would figure very highly on my list of needs.

Last edited by Timbathia : 01-11-2011 at 07:13 PM.