Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 02-27-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lately I've been conflicted.
If we drafted Peterson I wouldn't mutilate myself. It would give us a great corner, and that is pretty rare to find.
Especially if we can get a combination of Paea/Nevis/Austin/Wilkerson/Taylor with our 2nd round picks.
I'd keep Williams as a backup NT. He's a solid leader on this team, and should be able to mentor guys on this line. He's also a high character guy so maybe he can make sure that some of the "questionable characters" at defensive tackle learn to behave themselves as professionals.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Xanders talking about changes in how they are approaching the draft:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17493183

I'm glad the shortlist approach is gone. It was obvious we reached on some players using that system (e.g. Quinn).

The "speed and athleticism" bit is interesting. MLB, SLB and SS are all in dire need of an upgrade if that is what we are looking for in our back 7.
Wow. Interesting read.

I wonder if Woodyard could be a stop-gap at SLB. He definitely has the speed and athleticism. He was obviously miscast as a 34 ILB.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The good news is that no matter who we draft at 2, they will be an immediate upgrade.

The bads news is that the good news is pretty pathetic.

I think Carolina goes with Bowers/Quinn, I personally have my eye on Dareus anyways, so that'd be fine by me. Either one of the DL imo.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
I wonder if Woodyard could be a stop-gap at SLB. He definitely has the speed and athleticism. He was obviously miscast as a 34 ILB.
Taking on the TE (in the running game and in coverage) is the bread-n-butter of a 4-3 SLB. Woodyard gives up a lot of weight in that matchup... he's only 220 or so.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, I think Lawson would work. FA is the right place to be looking for a SLB - reasonable value for money since you aren't overpaying for pass rush and there are some options available this time around (assuming FA happens).

We haven't been able to cover a TE in, well, forever it seems. Would be nice to change that.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Yes, I think Lawson would work. FA is the right place to be looking for a SLB - reasonable value for money since you aren't overpaying for pass rush and there are some options available this time around (assuming FA happens).

We haven't been able to cover a TE in, well, forever it seems. Would be nice to change that.
Good - either you or njx get the paperwork moving on this so that as soon as the CBA stuff is sorted out we can get him to Dove Valley. It sounds like a much better option than Mario or Joe.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Good - either you or njx get the paperwork moving on this so that as soon as the CBA stuff is sorted out we can get him to Dove Valley. It sounds like a much better option than Mario or Joe.
I'll get my secretary working on it tomorrow when I get to the office. She'll of course have no ******* idea what I'm talking about. Should be amusing.

Last edited by Diehard : 02-27-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so that patrick peterson is pretty good....
Old 03-01-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fairley or Dareus?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Fairley or Dareus?
I think they'd go the more conservative route and pick Dareus.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
how'd he look in drills? all i can see are the numbers... eye-popping....
i didn't see it, but mayock said he looked good for what it's worth
Old 03-01-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want PP really bad now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reports seem to indicate that Dareus and PP had some of the better showings. Hopefully, we'll target one of these two.

Fairley seemed to be too light. And Bowers' injury is not recovering as quickly as people thought it would. That is scaring me away from drafting him, to be honest.

If we can trade down, I wouldn't mind drafting Von Miller either as he looks like the real deal.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Fox on KOA:

http://www.850koa.com/cc-common/medi...=KOA-AM&TRACK=

Said that having the second pick allows them to hit both positional need and get value in terms of talent, and that they have 5-6 guys they like at #2.

Also said the 40 was pretty important in terms of draft stock. Interesting.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Roster moves

Daniel Graham cut:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...e-726aa8a83e20

Qualifying offers for RFA's Woodyard, Harris, Thomas, Vickerson, Prater:

http://twitter.com/johnelway
Old 03-02-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
5-6? dareus, fairley, bowers, quinn... peterson... ???
Perhaps Von Miller?

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam Newton? This is the Broncos after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
Fairley seemed to be too light.
Huh? He's 291 lbs. That's about average for a 43 UT.

People were first saying he will eat his way out of the league, and now he's too light.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
5-6? dareus, fairley, bowers, quinn... peterson... ???
I wouldn't be surprised if one of Quinn and Fairley isn't on their list. The organization is definitely risk-adverse right now and I could see how the team might be scared off by the off-the-field questions or bust factor.

I think Von Miller is probably on the list. There was a thing in the Denver Post yesterday about DJ as WLB or MLB, with the writer's sense being the organization was learning towards him playing *MLB* based on the talent that was available in the draft and FA. That's pretty much the opposite of what I was thinking, but if it is true, it could be setting things up for potentially bringing in Miller to play a more blitz-focused role on the outside in Allen's defense (which I'm sure will incorporate some of the things he learned from Gregg Williams in NO).
Old 03-03-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frankly from what I've seen Von Miller is really nothing more than average maybe slightly above average when it comes to playing in coverage and stopping the run. I think there are going to be 4-3 OLBs as good as him, if not better because of experience such as Foster, Carter, or Wilson in later rounds. What makes him a special player is his pass rushing abilities which I don't so used effectively enough to justify a top pick.
Also I think you'd be replacing D.J with Von Miller is somewhat silly to me. I don't think he is a very good MLB or SLB, but as a WLB I think he is a top 5 WLB. He really used his athleticism well when he played there, and doesn't have to worry as much about shedding blocks/playing against TEs.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Von Miller seems better suited to a team that will use him in blitz packages. All indications are that we will use our front 4 to get pressure, and not our LBs. I think he will be a very good player, but doesnt seem the ideal impact option for us at #2.

I dont think Quinn can even be in the conversation.

I dont think it matters who we get out of the other 4. Legit arguments for any - it will probably come down to the interviews, so we have no way of knowing who it will be until the draft. We just need to make sure that the second round picks turn into good starters (one of them almost has to be a LBer).
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Some prospects we're keeping an eye on according to the DP:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17522231

* Dareus
* J.J. Watt
* Dontay Moch
* Von Miller
* Patrick Peterson
* Da'Norris Searcy

A bit of a fluff piece but it is interesting to hear we interviewed Moch at the combine. He's fits the bill for "increasing team speed and athleticism". SLB?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
seems like moch is a worse fit than miller, unless we want a pure rush down backer... or we think he can be had pretty late.
Agreed. It's curious that the team appears to have an interest in a rushbacker type player despite the comments about moving to a 4-3. Maybe Allen is influencing the defensive scheme than we think? Moch or Miller could be quite effective in 3-3-5 looks where they can come off the edge.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default More cuts

Bannan and JWall gone:

http://twitter.com/Denver_Broncos

I knew Williams would be a goner - too old, too much money. Bannan is a little more of a surprise. DL was never a position of strength, but with both Thomas and Vickerson RFA's (and potentially FA's depending on how the CBA shakes out) and now these cuts, we could very well have a complete turnover at DT.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
makes dareus seem a lot more likely...
Allright bigman give me your take on Elway's less than ringing endorsement of Tim Tebow? or is there nothing there.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote