Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 09-06-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
How has Von Miller looked? I always liked Miller more in a 4-3 than 3-4. I likened him to Wilbur Marshall on the 85 Bears.
Interesting you make that comparison, as Allen has some 46 is his bag of tricks...

Honestly, he looks great. His off-the-snap quickness is dangerous... that kind of speed is so hard to counter. I can totally see why Fox (who always liked speed at LB) would want this guy. He's a very nice completement to Doom - the two of them coming from opposite sides has been very disruptive in the preseason. Hopefully that will continue when the games actually count.

Quote:
I don't know how you guys are using him. I'm assuming as a blitzing downhill LB on 1st and 2nd down and a DE on 3rd?
He's been near/on the line most of the time. He's not strictly a blitzer - he has coverage responsibilities for the TE and hasn't looked too bad. There are some 46-like looks (but with the SLB + SS lined up together, rather than WLB+SLB), a lot of 4-3 under, even some 3-3-5 stuff with him and Doom both standing up. In the 40 front nickel, the NT comes out and Miller turns into a DE.

Quote:
What's his weight? I thought 235 was a good weight for him, depending on how you guys play him. If he sees a lot of plays on the dline, then 245'ish.
Officially it is 237. It seems to be a good size for him. He didn't look overmatched pass rushing from the DE spot - in fact, he had a few really nice bull rushes in preseason that caught the OT's unaware.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cant wait for tomorrow night - even if I dont have particularly high hopes for the season. Loved the Chiefs getting stomped - not really sure why as I have no particular malice to them or their fans. Maybe its just that I want someone else in the division to be bad like us.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:23 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Game 1

It's the same old **** as last year. Can't run, can't stop the run, stupid penalties, Orton fails under pressure / in the red zone.

Anyway, I've seen this bit before... I don't need a repeat. I hope the team doesn't believe we'll be fooled by the cosmetic FO/HC makeover. If the product on the field looks the same, fans are going to have zero patience.

Dumervil's injury made him a non-factor. Moore and Moreno banged up as well. Hopefully none of these are serious as we don't have enough depth to absorb this kind of ****.

Whatever glimmer of hope I had for the season is fading quickly.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i thought i wanted to stay up until 4am to watch. glad i didn't.
You are lucky you didn't. Both teams played like ******* ****. That the game was on national TV was an embarassment.

Quote:
but then, i don't think most of us (aside from early season optimism) really expected this to be a competitive team this season. there's still such a long road before we can actually say we have talent...
Talent is one thing. But you can still execute and have discipline without top-flight talent. The execution SUCKED ******* bigtime. In all phases. It was as if they took the clown car to the stadium.

Argh.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Talent is one thing. But you can still execute and have discipline without top-flight talent. The execution SUCKED ******* bigtime. In all phases. It was as if they took the clown car to the stadium.
This is the problem I have with it. We know it will take a few years to restock the talent cupboard, but the **** we did wrong yesterday has little to do with talent.

I am happy to give Orton about a month. At some point it becomes irrelevant how good or bad the guy behind him is, because the fact remains that without an all-pro o-line, running game and defense, Orton is not good enough to get us where we want to go.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a positive note, I really like Eric Decker.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
On a positive note, I really like Eric Decker.
Yeah, WR is one (and maybe only) area where we are really solid.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Updated injury info:

Champ Bailey (hamstring)
Brandon Lloyd (groin)
Knowshon Moreno (hamstring)
Elvis Dumervil (shoulder)
D.J. Williams (elbow)
Marcus Thomas (chest)
Demaryius Thomas (Achilles)
Ty Warren (triceps)

We're screwed. Sorry, I meant F-U-C-K-E-D! The passing game is going to have to be firing on all cylinders to salvage anything out of this mess.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Updated injury info:

Champ Bailey (hamstring)
Brandon Lloyd (groin)
Knowshon Moreno (hamstring)
Elvis Dumervil (shoulder)
D.J. Williams (elbow)
Marcus Thomas (chest)
Demaryius Thomas (Achilles)
Ty Warren (triceps)

We're screwed. Sorry, I meant F-U-C-K-E-D! The passing game is going to have to be firing on all cylinders to salvage anything out of this mess.
Umm.. yeah. Champ Bailey and Elvis Dumervil are absolutely vital to our pass-defense, which seemed like our only defensive strength. Dennis Allen is going to have to get creative tomorrow.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 09-17-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Personnel moves

JJ promoted from practice squad to fill in for Moreno (crossing my fingers he can flash something).

Warren to IR. ******* slug. There's a bunch of $$$ down the tubes. This is the downside to limiting your shopping trips to the bargain basement.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
the official site lists demaryius out with a finger injury... that's entertaining.
When you're a glass man like DT, they might as well list is it as (body)

Quote:
i have to imagine johnson can replace moreno's epic 2.8 ypc.
Perhaps, but someone does have to block for him. The interior OL was dog**** against the Raiders. Apparently Kuper picked up some sort of toe injury, which explains the Jekyll-and-Hyde act as he was looking very good coming into the season. Beadles and Walton have no such excuse.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Week 2

Despite the offense's best efforts at self-destructing late in the game, we managed to win. Will wonders never cease?

The injury situation is ridiculous. We had the majority of the payroll out of the game today. Royal going down left us with 2 receivers active... though once Decker got the bad plays out of his system he was beast enough to take care of business on his own.

The defense had its struggles, particularly once the Bengals started airing it out, but in the end they won this game... and that's saying something considering our best DE, LB and DB were all out along with our two starting DTs. Our LB's Miller, Woodyard and Mays all made some nice plays out there. Ayers was also creating a lot of pressure and made a huge play vs that bootleg attempt.

McGahee showed how nice footwork and a little patience can lead to good rushing yardage. Moreno needs to take notes. In fact, I'd be happy if McGahee and Ball handled the first down and short yardage situations, leaving Moreno to handle mid/long yardage on 2nd and 3rd down.

I absolutely hated the offense for the constant misfiring after Decker scored for the second time. Orton with bad passes, OL with penalties, terrible playcalling with the clock running down, McGahee going out of bounds... ugh. I think the offense could be very effective if they could consistently execute, but apparently that is far too much to ask.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:36 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, WR is one (and maybe only) area where we are really solid.
Nonsense! What if, like, in like ten years, AJ Green is like, an Pro Bowler or something?

/Halsey

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Nonsense! What if, like, in like ten years, AJ Green is like, an Pro Bowler or something?

/Halsey
Channelling the spirit of Halsey, eh?

I had a "discussion" with someone on the team board along the same lines... he was all hot and bothered about "his boy" Green and how we definitely should've drafted him because OMGZ he's killing us, etc, etc, etc...

I mean, really, who cares about defense anyway. We haven't had one for such a long time (Larry Coyer under Shanny?) that we barely knew what we were missing. The idea that the defense could stiffen and actually pull the game out of the fire was so alien to our fanbase that they're still confused about whether we actually won the game.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember that time we allowed like, one touchdown combined in the first 6 weeks? Those were the days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Game 3

We should've won this game. The blame lies on the coaching staff, Orton and OL. Of course, since Orton is a total ******* douchebag and cocksucking ***** he tried to deflect the blame in his post-game presser...

The status quo isn't good enough. Changes need to be made if the team is serious about winning any more games. If they are happy to throw the season, then let's get all the young guys in there and see what we've got to build on.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After the third game, he rose again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

I dont want to make this about why Fox is not starting Tebow. That being said, during the season last year it was plainly obvious that pulling Orton at the goal line and putting in Tebow was an exceptionally effective way at scoring short-yardage touchdowns. Starting running backs get pulled at the goal line all the time in the NFL. Why is pulling a QB inside the 5 such a problem? Our o-line gets a crap push, and our starting QB is anti-clutch in the red zone. Starting QB debate aside - put the ******* guy in that gets you short ******* yardage tds. For **** sake.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:07 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i love the play-calling. 'what, did you say we can't run up the middle because our offensive line is terrible? f that, i'm calling three straight dive plays.'
I can understand not starting Tebow, but I am baffled as to why he didn't get a play on the goal line.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Looked like our defense was real solid. McCoy needs to go. I'm still baffled that he was kept. Just because he and Fox had prior history? Please.

And Orton proves yet again that he is piss-poor in clutch situations.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 09-26-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Elway was on 102.3 this morning and was asked why Tebow didn't come in for the goal line plays. Instead of the typical "Orton's our guy" answer, he said something like "that's a very good question" and mentioned the various packages they installed for Tebow. That got my attention a bit, as did his comments about Orton starting being a "week by week" thing.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
2) gives the coaching staff a realistic chance to decide if there's enough there to go on, or if qb is our top off-season need. i'm pretty sure he'll show that his throwing motion is unfixable, that he's not really a good enough thrower to play at an nfl level, and that our horrific red zone offense had/has nothing to do with orton.
I agree - putting Tebow in is going to answer a lot of questions one way or another. It needs to be done and I think it probably will happen... maybe after the bye?
Old 10-02-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Didn't watch the game, but I did see the pick-six Orton threw to Woodson (really dumb decision). I really don't see why Orton gets so much support with the local media. It's not that we want Tebow, it's that we want ANYBODY but Orton.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 10-03-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
Didn't watch the game, but I did see the pick-six Orton threw to Woodson (really dumb decision). I really don't see why Orton gets so much support with the local media. It's not that we want Tebow, it's that we want ANYBODY but Orton.
The pick 6 was pretty much the end. We gave the illusion of being an interesting opponent until that happened, then GB jumped on us.

We weren't going to win that game in any case, but Orton just flushing it away with a brutal unforced error like that isn't what this teams needs.

It seems like the local media is in cahoots with the team in terms of spinning the issue. It doesn't really matter because the fanbase already sees through this thin charade, which apparently bothers the team because Fox was quite spiteful in his postgame comments. Not the smartest move on his part... pissing off the fans usually isn't a recipe for success when you're the coach of a struggling team.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:52 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
It seems like the local media is in cahoots with the team in terms of spinning the issue. It doesn't really matter because the fanbase already sees through this thin charade, which apparently bothers the team because Fox was quite spiteful in his postgame comments. Not the smartest move on his part... pissing off the fans usually isn't a recipe for success when you're the coach of a struggling team.
Agreed. I don't like how the fans are made out to be the bad guys. And no, it's not that we love comparing every quarterback in town to John Elway. It's because we have won titles in this town and we don't accept anything but success. The quickest step to success in the midst of a rebuilding season like this, is to find out who can play and who can't. Find out which areas need to be most immediately addressed. QB is always the first priority. We know what we have in Orton. Put Tebow in. Hell, put Quinn in.

WELCOME REALITY