Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 11-28-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to champ bailey for thinking, two years ago, that he was done at CB and should just move to FS. he's not revis, but i think he's still a top 5 db in the league right now, and has been tremendous. i'm sure the first decent pass rush we've had in nearly his entire career (sorry, as awesome as doom was a couple years ago, one player does not a pass rush make) is helping.
You mean he tackles guys when they run at him rather than that ole move Revis has?
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm sure the first decent pass rush we've had in nearly his entire career (sorry, as awesome as doom was a couple years ago, one player does not a pass rush make) is helping.
It's certainly helping Goodman... he also looks refreshed. Mind you, he still can't tackle worth ****, but his coverage ability and ball skills are much more meaningful when the QB doesn't have the time to make the perfect throw downfield.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bros. I just joined the Broncos season ticket list today. I'm actually kinda pissed I didn't do it around the time I registered for this site as the waiting time is 7-10 years, according to the wiki page.

I'll be 27-30 and hopefully in a position to afford them/hopefully I'll be living in Denver.

I strongly recommend that, even if you are not currently in financial position to afford these tickets, you join the list once a year. Never know, you might be able to afford it in a few years.

Last edited by Jimmy : 11-30-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i always thought about it, but it's generally really easy for me to find single game tickets when i want to go to a game (at decent prices). it's hard to justify spending that much when a good part of football coincides with outdoor season.
well if there's a nuclear winter or if (god forbid) you lose function of your legs, you'll be glad you joined.

i'm not a skier or snowboarder or a hunter myself, so there's nothing i'd rather do on a sunday than head to mile high, dare i say, even if tebow is cloned to start at every position.

another thing. even if you want to attend just 2 games, can't you sell your tickets for profit? or is there a rule against that?
Old 12-03-2011, 04:47 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL Coverage Maps

Check out the coverage map for the Fox early game this weekend.

http://www.the506.com/temp11.html

Craziness. The team hasn't had this kind of attention in a long time.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Check out the coverage map for the Fox early game this weekend.

http://www.the506.com/temp11.html

Craziness. The team hasn't had this kind of attention in a long time.
Everyday, there's a topic about Tebow on ESPN or NFL.com. Even I'm getting tired of it, but it is nice to have the spotlight on the Broncos for a change.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
Everyday, there's a topic about Tebow on ESPN or NFL.com. Even I'm getting tired of it, but it is nice to have the spotlight on the Broncos for a change.
I honestly miss the days when half the Broncos population wasn't bat**** crazy. (see orangemane. why the **** do i even put up with that place?) It's kinda embarrasing to have to prove my santity / defend my views every time it is revealed I root for the Orange and Blue. Especially in Patriots country.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
wait, you have to defend yourself to patriots fans? approximately 3 of them were even watching in 2000.
You'd think that would be a good defense, but apparently they've all been diehard fans since the Andre Tippett days.

As a non-Boston sports fan, there is no worse city (Except maybe Philly) to live in.

As a college student, it all balances out.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Interesting game. The offense made an error on pretty much every play in the 1st half, but pulled it together and came out on fire in the 2nd half.

Tebow looked good throwing the ball downfield. Seeing him hook up with Thomas on a few big plays was a nice surprise - hopefully that's something that we'll see more of as time goes on.

The defense really missed Von Miller. Quinton Carter going out also hurt - McCarthy looked like a ******* *** trying to tackle Harvin.

The refs were a little dubious today... a more paranoid Broncos fan might think they had something against us.

Anyway, another week, another road win. With Oakland getting crushed in Miami the AFC West title is a very realistic goal. Now we've got to make it happen.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A movie will be made about this season.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

The difference in the D w/o Von proves the point that one pass rusher is not enough. Doom is effective, but it's Von + Doom that really makes things happen.

With that in mind, I'd like to see us acquire some interior pass rush in the draft. Grab a stud DT in round 1, or look for a nickle DT later on who can bring the heat. Either way, I think it would help the defense a lot.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am no frontrunner, as I'm a Colts fan and sticking to them forever, but I got to say that I'm really starting to enjoy watching Denver. Not because of 15 but I like the guys on the team.

Lots of young talent too. Von Miller seemed to be really into the game when they showed him. Or at least, that's what I thought. Wish you guys the best.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
I am no frontrunner, as I'm a Colts fan and sticking to them forever, but I got to say that I'm really starting to enjoy watching Denver. Not because of 15 but I like the guys on the team.

Lots of young talent too. Von Miller seemed to be really into the game when they showed him. Or at least, that's what I thought. Wish you guys the best.
Thanks bro. We've got the wily old veterans (Champ, Dawkins), but overall the team is young. Some of the moves over the past few years have been hard to take, but it did get rid of some of the more selfish personalities and, IMO, really helped team chemistry.

I think the biggest thing is that the team believes they can win, even when they are down. That's a refreshing change from McD's tenure when the team folded too many times in the face of adversity.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last edited by CT Bronco Fan : 12-05-2011 at 06:31 PM.
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

I think it's really easy to forget that even Josh McDaniels was able to win 6 games in a row. I'm rooting for Tim, but it's too damn early to say that this will go on for the rest of the year.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i am so sick of other nfl fans telling me what to think of my team, after watching a couple of sportscenter highlights and listening to the talking heads. it feels like 2006 (i think?) when everyone was proclaiming champ as one of the worst cbs in the league because they saw him get beat twice on sportscenter completely out of context.
But he just winz gamez njx!

Seriously, I hate Tebow.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i can't even hate tebow anymore (take that people who didn't think i would keep my word after that post i made after the lions game). i just hate his legion fans who know nothing about the team and keep spouting off about it. i feel like we've inherited the worst fans of every other team suddenly.
Tebow seems like an honestly good person, but his hype has a way of bringing out the worst in people... and that's true on both sides. Look how many folks in the media (and on this site) went all in against Tebow succeeding. Now that he's having some success, they're becoming as unreasonable as the once-Gator-now-Bronco fans spellbound by Tebow's cult of personality.

If I could, I'd turn down the volume on the hype and the hate. It's not productive and tends to push down the real story about how the team has come together in all facets of the game. Sure, Tebow has a big part to play in that, but so does McGahee, the OL, Decker, Colquitt, Von Miller, Doom, Champ and Dawkins (who, for an old geezer, is playing out of his mind right now).
Old 12-06-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after seeing how our defense has been vastly improved through the first three quarters of the season, it got me to think about who will become the leader of the defense when dawkins retires. von miller is the only guy that came to mind. as cliche as it sounds, i think that having at least one vocal leader on defense is extremely important.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:14 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
we need a stud mlb. i just don't see von having that kind of vocal leadership. he's struck me more as a champ bailey.
Seems a bit more vocal that champ, but i agree a stud mlb that took control of the defense would be the biggest piece we could add right now.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Seems a bit more vocal that champ, but i agree a stud mlb that took control of the defense would be the biggest piece we could add right now.
It's a good draft to be looking for an ILB. The talent is there and 'backers tend to slide a bit on draft day.

Overall, we're in a good position to be patient. Some of the needs at the top (QB, OT, WR) are going to push down some nice prospects for us.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
It's a good draft to be looking for an ILB. The talent is there and 'backers tend to slide a bit on draft day.

Overall, we're in a good position to be patient. Some of the needs at the top (QB, OT, WR) are going to push down some nice prospects for us.
It is going to be strange to only have one pick per round early on. Getting used to having a plethora of early picks each year.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Group hug guys?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are no words.

Prater is money.
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
A movie will be made about this season.
and I cant wait to see it, even if everything that happens in it is way too far-fetched for anyone to believe real.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Whatever divine force exists, it appears to be on our side...

The offense played like garbage. The receivers in particular should hang their heads in shame - it's been a long time since I've seen that many drops. I also noticed McGahee hesitating a lot at the LOS - that's a huge mistake against a swarming defense like the Bears. I'm thinking he's still banged up.

The defense played well, except that series that resulted in Chicago's TD - from the punt return to the score, the D looked like the Keystone Cops on that one.

Despite the blocked kick, the combo of Prater and Colquitt makes me very, very happy. Those two, along with generally good special teams coverage, are making a difference this year.