Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 12-11-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
It's a good draft to be looking for an ILB. The talent is there and 'backers tend to slide a bit on draft day.

Overall, we're in a good position to be patient. Some of the needs at the top (QB, OT, WR) are going to push down some nice prospects for us.
At this rate though we may miss all the top LBer and Cb prospects. Oh well, rather playoffs than high draft picks.
Timbathia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a good draft to be looking for an ILB. The talent is there and 'backers tend to slide a bit on draft day.

Overall, we're in a good position to be patient. Some of the needs at the top (QB, OT, WR) are going to push down some nice prospects for us.
Don't you think it's a little early to give up on Irving?

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i don't think it's a give up on irving, but i don't think mays is better than depth. if a stud appears, things could be worse than having two good mlbs. i'd say the same about any position on the team.
I'm getting deja vu here. I think we may have discussed this before.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 12-13-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Irving can play any of the LB spots, so bringing in a stud MLB isn't a huge issue. Let people compete and see how things shake out. That being said, Te'o going back to ND hurts the talent pool at LB.

At the end of the day, I doubt we are going to target any particular need anyway. Just take an impact player and find a way to work him into the mix.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default BPA is the way?

Apparently the team agrees:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/73...tim-tebow-2012

Quote:
"If the best player is a cornerback, then that's who we'll take; if the best player is a quarterback, then that's who we'll take," said a team source.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to immediately cut Quan Cosby. He muffed and lost a punt, muffed a kickoff, and made an atrocious decision running a kick out of the end zone.

He is indecisive and constantly runs straight into walls. Terrible returner.

I don't care who we put back there, but it can't be him again.

Tebow made some very nice plays. I distinctly remember one beautiful pass down the right sideline to Demaryius that couldn't have been placed better.

He is improving and I am glad we aired it out more. We actually had a shot at Tebow time if we hadn't turned the ball over 3 times in our own end zone.

Final score 42-23.

Subtract a minimum of 9 points (3 field goals) from the Patriots total score for those 3 unfortunate, atrocious fumbles, and they end up with 33 points and we get an extra 3 possessions. Coulda been right in that thing, although it would have been tough.

Demaryius isn't playing half bad. Andre Goodman needs to go immediately. I wish we'd just start Harris.

Moore and Carter can't tackle worth a lick. Our run defense was excellent for the most part.

It's tough not having a great tight end. I feel like Tebow could really use a Hernandez-esque player.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
We need to immediately cut Quan Cosby. He muffed and lost a punt, muffed a kickoff, and made an atrocious decision running a kick out of the end zone.
I agree 100%. Royal needs to be the full time returner.

Quote:
Tebow made some very nice plays. I distinctly remember one beautiful pass down the right sideline to Demaryius that couldn't have been placed better.
Tebow played well, other than the fumble. I'm sure the haters are gloating that we lost, but it would be difficult to fault our QB play.

Quote:
He is improving and I am glad we aired it out more. We actually had a shot at Tebow time if we hadn't turned the ball over 3 times in our own end zone.
Yup. The game summary could be "3 fumbles = game over". We couldn't afford to make those errors against an offense like the Patriots.

Quote:
Demaryius isn't playing half bad.
He has elevated his game over the past few weeks and seems to have good chemistry with Tebow.

Quote:
Andre Goodman needs to go immediately. I wish we'd just start Harris.
He teases with a savvy play or two, then gets burnt badly. I think he's right at his "best before date" and I'd be very surprised if he is starting for us next season.

Quote:
Moore and Carter can't tackle worth a lick. Our run defense was excellent for the most part.
Carter can tackle, but didn't today. Two rookie safeties was not going to get it done against the Pats offense in any case.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:11 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Wasn't Rahim Moore supposed to have tremendous ball-skills? I mean, nobody ever said he was supposed to be able to tackle worth a lick, but the guy was hyped up as a terrific coverage safety. He's still a rookie, but I'm not the least bit impressed. That throw that hit him in the face, in the 1st quarter, could have been a game-changing interception.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 12-20-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
Wasn't Rahim Moore supposed to have tremendous ball-skills? I mean, nobody ever said he was supposed to be able to tackle worth a lick, but the guy was hyped up as a terrific coverage safety. He's still a rookie, but I'm not the least bit impressed. That throw that hit him in the face, in the 1st quarter, could have been a game-changing interception.
The rookies in the secondary played like, well, rookies. I thought Moore looked decent earlier in the season, but since his concussion (or whatever the injury was) he's struggled.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
The rookies in the secondary played like, well, rookies. I thought Moore looked decent earlier in the season, but since his concussion (or whatever the injury was) he's struggled.
Hmm. I wasn't aware that he got injured. I thought he was benched in favor of Carter.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 12-24-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
anyone catch the game? i was busy in the mountains, but the stats didn't look pretty... should i assume we stopped running the ball due to the score (looked like mcgahee was running well).
McGahee ran well on the first drive, but as the game went on the Bills were giving up less and less in the running game. I think Denver had something like five straight drives go three and out in the first half, and in that time the Bills scored about 17 straight in the 2nd quarter. Also in the 2nd quarter Royal had a kick return for a TD that was called back for one of the worst block in the back calls I've ever seen on Rosario. He literally didn't even touch the guy (not that it mattered in the end.)

In the second half the Broncos just couldn't stop Spiller, although they did a good job of holding them to FG's in the red zone. They opened up the offense more than usual in the second half, and the results were less than spectacular, eventually leading to the implosion that saw the Bills scoring defensive touchdowns on back-to-back plays. All in all, it was fairly similar to the game against the Lions.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:59 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
anyone catch the game? i was busy in the mountains, but the stats didn't look pretty... should i assume we stopped running the ball due to the score (looked like mcgahee was running well).
Basically another game without Dawkins. Defense looks very different when he is not there (different in a bad way).
Old 12-25-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

I think we got exposed defensively, in addition to Tebow and the offensive line regressing. At this point, I more or less expect us to blow the KC game and miss out on the playoffs, a' la the 2008 Donkeys. Yes, the sky is falling.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 12-26-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
I think we got exposed defensively, in addition to Tebow and the offensive line regressing. At this point, I more or less expect us to blow the KC game and miss out on the playoffs, a' la the 2008 Donkeys. Yes, the sky is falling.
Dont worry chicken little, some of us are right there with you.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroads View Post
McGahee ran well on the first drive, but as the game went on the Bills were giving up less and less in the running game. I think Denver had something like five straight drives go three and out in the first half, and in that time the Bills scored about 17 straight in the 2nd quarter.
This is pretty much the story of the season... and the coaching staff need to bear the brunt of the blame. They should be able to coach and gameplan to get the team out of this rut, but unfortunately its more of the same. I think McCoy may be the single worst playcaller in the league. run-run-run-punt until you're 2+ scores in the hole, then pass-pass-pass-int? Ridiculous. The special teams played like **** which really should've thrown any thought of a close, field-position game out of the window. Yet, there they were, trying to do just that for 3 quarters. Is the team really this stupid?
Old 12-30-2011, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Pretty quiet in here considering we are about to have our biggest game for a few years.

What do we all think - win or lose?

I think win, but will not be remotely suprised if we lose.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Kuper is done for the playoffs, even if we make them.
Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't ready for the season opener.

Just completely shattered his ankle. Completely. Got taken off in an aircast. ****.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

We have a better shot of beating Pittsburgh if we start Brady Quinn.*

Discuss this thought that I don't necessarily agree with:

Last edited by Jimmy : 01-01-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

playoffs!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
quinn and gabbert are quite literally the only qbs in the entire league who could make the team worse.

now y'all see why the play-calling is limited? because tebow's not bloody capable of running anything remotely approximating an offense. he's completely incapable of making a read. there's *far* more than a single offseason of 'fixing' there.
Yeah, Quinn is balls. He's Tebow without the ability to pull insane moments out of his ass. AKA the Tebow we've seen the past 3 weeks. Today was actually the first time I've watched a full game of Tebow's this season, and wow... he is awful. I think we should bring in a veteran this year, let us see what miracle Tebow can achieve in the offseason, and if its underwhelming, give up on the experiment.

Our only chance next week is if McGahee can go nuts enough to let Tebow escape the pocket and work. Unfortunately, our opponent is the Steelers, giving that a 0.4% chance of happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
I think we should bring in a veteran this year, let us see what miracle Tebow can achieve in the offseason, and if its underwhelming, give up on the experiment.
My #1 choice right now is Jason Campbell. He was decent for Oakland... I actually like him more than Orton. Sign him to a 3 year deal and go from there.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

I think we have to accept another year of tebow. I say we stack the defense in the draft and FA this offseason, and then see what the offense does under Tebow next year. Start rebuilding it next offseason if necessary.

I will be watching the playoffs next week very embarassed that our team is there.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Chris Kuper is done for the playoffs, even if we make them.
Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't ready for the season opener.

Just completely shattered his ankle. Completely. Got taken off in an aircast. ****.
Tis really sucks if he is not rigt next year. We have enough weak spots for new ones to open up.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

I think Matt Flynn is for real. I know he had a lot of weapons to throw to yesterday, but that was an epic performance nonetheless . He's a free agent next year, so why not throw some money at him?

WELCOME REALITY
Old 01-02-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Matt Flynn is for real. I know he had a lot of weapons to throw to yesterday, but that was an epic performance nonetheless . He's a free agent next year, so why not throw some money at him?
yes. just yes.
Flynn's top target yesterday was #87 Jordy Nelson.
Denver's #87 is very similar in size, speed, and style.
And then there's Demaryious Thomas.

Flynn would have won that game for you yesterday, and beaten Buffalo.

We'll take your #21 pick for Flynn, or Elvis Dumervil.
Elway will love Flynn. He's a winner.
And he can throw the football like a quarterback.