Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 03-16-2015, 01:03 PM    (permalink
JungleRock85
Rookie

JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Junglerock Mock 1.0

Michael Johnson re-signed yesterday and the Bengals appear to be done with Free Agency for the most part. That leaves room for improvement but not overwhelming holes at Defensive Tackle, Linebacker, Tight End, Offensive Tackle, and Wide Receiver. (not going to get in a debate about Quarterback because it doesn't matter, Dalton will be the guy no matter what). Here is my first draft countdown mock draft of the year. Let me know what you like and dislike.

Round 1 - Lael Collins (Offensive Tackle - LSU) Collins could backup a variety of Offensive line spots in year one with the biggest part of his drafting being to groom him for a replacement for Whitworth or Smith in the future. If Collins is not available I still think the best value/need will be at Offensive Tackle in this draft. Flowers, Clemmings, or Peat are a few other options for this selection.

Round 2 - Michael Bennett (Defensive Tackle - Ohio State) Once seemed like a late 1st rounder and certainly played like one in the second half of the season. However, most projections now have him in the 2nd due to some injuries and other prospects rising above him. He is still one of my favorites though and I think he would be a STEAL in the 2nd round. Bennett and Atkins with Dunlap and Johnson on the outside would be a nightmare for opposing Quarterbacks.

Round 3 - Phillip Dorsett (Wide Receiver - Miami) Another pick that makes a ton of sense. While I like Sanu and Jones I don't see the Bengals re-signing both players. Will be another one or the other situation like Leon Hall/Jonathan Joseph and Carlos Dunlap/Michael Johnson most likely. James Wright showed flashes but we could use a versatile speedster like Dorsett on the roster. Dorsett has elite speed and could also help out in the return department.

Round 3 - Jeff Heuerman (Tight End - Ohio State) - This is a projected comp. pick for losing Michael Johnson last year (welcome back). With the likely loss of Gresham we could use another Tight End on the roster. Heuerman didn't make much of an impact this season catching the ball but he is a very good blocker and does have the ability to make plays when called upon.

Round 4 - Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (Cornerback - Oregon) Would have been a 1st round pick last year but decided to return to school. Had a late season injury that is hurting his draft stock. This is a pick that makes sense for us here. We don't need an impact guy from day one at the position so we can afford to give him time to heal properly and not rush back. Could be a pick that pays off a couple seasons from now in a big way.

Round 5 - Jake Ryan (Linebacker - Michigan) Probably my biggest issue with my own mock is not taking a linebacker sooner than this. AJ Hawk was a good signing for veteran depth but that doesn't mean we shouldn't continue looking to approve an area that was a major weakness without Burfict last year. Burfict is still a question mark coming off a major surgery and even with healthy we could use more talent at the spot. Ryan is just a playmaker. I think he would be great value in the 5th and a valuable special teams player in year one.

I am not going to bother filling in the rest of the draft on this early mock but I could see us adding an inside linebacker, maybe another receiver, and some safety depth to finish things off. Most likely these guys will be practice squad types in their first way anyway.

Last edited by JungleRock85 : 03-26-2015 at 11:32 AM.
JungleRock85 is offline   Reply With Quote