Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-02-2014, 08:11 AM    (permalink
JungleRock85
Rookie

JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default JungleRock Mock 4.0 - Final Mock For 2014

Some people might not think rounds 2-4 are realistic but I have seen projections for all of those players in those current rounds and you never really know what will happen come draft day.

1st Round - Kyle Fuller - I think that Justin Gilbert and Kyle Fuller are the two best all around corners in this draft. I would love for either guy to fall to us at pick #24. If both happen to be off the board then alternate selections would likely be a Jason Verrett at CB or possibly best player available in Ryan Shazier or Marqise Lee.

2nd Round - Kareem Martin - The perfect Defensive End to help replace Michael Johnson. I know we have Margus Hunt and Wallace Gilberry to pair with Dunlap, but taking Martin in the second round would keep the Bengals with one of, if not THE deepest, most talented Defensive lines in the league. If they do not go with Martin in the second round then they may go Offensive Tackle or another Defensive End, maybe Scott Crichton if he falls.

3rd Round - Antonio Richardson - HUGE Offensive Tackle with tons of upside. Richardson will need a little development, but we have the luxury of letting him do so for a season with Whitworth at LT and Smith at RT for at least one more year. Some other Offensive Tackle option in the 3rd round if Tiny isn't available would be Cameron Fleming and Jack Mehwort.

4th Round - Aaron Murray - With the rise of Mettenberger and Tom Savage as 2nd round players, I can see someone like Murray falling all the way to the fourth round, similar to Kirk Cousins and Matt Barkley the last couple of years. If he does fall into the 3rd day of the draft I wouldn't mind moving up a bit to make sure we add him. Worst case scenario is that he becomes the best back-up the Bengals have had since Jon Kitna. AJ McCarron is another player that may slip a bit that could be another option. Logan Thomas is the dark-horse selection here.

5th Round - Isaiah Crowell - Big and powerful Running Back that could supplant BJGE on the roster. Has some character concerns but the talent and potential would make sense here in the 5th or possibly even a round later in the 6th. Charles Sims may slide a bit and would be another option here at RB or I could see them bypassing the position all together if they are sold on Rex Burkhead enough.

6th Round - Dontae Johnson - I could see us double dipping at CB in this draft after losing Ghee this off-season and Shaun Prater last year. We need some youth at the position and Dre Kirkpatrick hasn't shown that he can stay healthy or make an impact thus far. Johnson has some potential as a Safety which is an added bonus here. Another player I really like is Aaron Colvin from Oklahoma.

6th Round - Trey Millard - Hue Jackson had Marcel Reese in Oakland and I think Millard has some of that same ability to do more than just block that Jackson would covet in his Offense.

7th Round - Richard Rodgers - Should have went back to school for another season to improve his stock. This Tight End has loads of upside and would certainly be worth taking here in the 7th round. Would likely be the #3 Tight End for a season and if he develops as I think he could then he would give the Bengals some leverage in negotiations with Jermaine Gresham next off-season.

7th Round - Denicos Allen - Undersized linebacker that would be a valuable weapon on special teams that could expand his role in future seasons.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:40 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no problem with this draft. Rounds 2-4 are all realistic based on guys moving up at their positions. Mid-round QBs are hard to figure out. Guys could go in the 3rd round or the 5th round. Good job!
Old 05-06-2014, 06:29 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is another solid draft

Fuller would be a gift and is my #1 choice also

Please don't pickup Logan for our QB pick. Seen enough of him that gives me serious doubts about him ever being a pro QB

Williams RB from Boston College would be a steal if he dropped at 5th. Another option for RB is Hill with our 2nd. Hue may have other ideas about this position now that he is in charge. We need more yards per carry.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:54 PM    (permalink
JungleRock85
Rookie

JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Igniter View Post
This is another solid draft

Fuller would be a gift and is my #1 choice also

Please don't pickup Logan for our QB pick. Seen enough of him that gives me serious doubts about him ever being a pro QB

Williams RB from Boston College would be a steal if he dropped at 5th. Another option for RB is Hill with our 2nd. Hue may have other ideas about this position now that he is in charge. We need more yards per carry.
I am not a big fan of Logan Thomas either. I have just heard his name some and if guys like Murray and Mettenberger go earlier than the Bengals would take them then I could see him being picked. I hope he isn't though.