Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 01-23-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This doesn't really worry me at all either, in fact almost all of the players that have gotten in trouble really don't bother me except for the gun/robbery/spousal abuse things. Alot of them are minor offenses that people get away with daily. It's just that with all the other arrests every one of them gets blown up even more and for stupid stuff like this i dont really care because id rather be dealing with some bad eggs sprinkled in with very minor offenders than be miserable for 10+ years again.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given the first few practices and how I anticipate players to do at the combine here's how I see the favorites...

Round 1
1. Reggie Nelson
2. Marcus McCauley
3. Victor Abiamiri (IMO he plays himself into the 1st via senior bowl/combine)
4. Patrick Willis
5. Charles Johnson

Round 2
1. Aaron Rouse
2. Chris Houston
3. Rufus Alexander

I'm diggin' Rouse, with his size and speed he has to catch Marvin's eye. Especially the fact that he's solid in coverage.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
Given the first few practices and how I anticipate players to do at the combine here's how I see the favorites...

Round 1
1. Reggie Nelson
2. Marcus McCauley
4. Patrick Willis
5. Charles Johnson

Round 2
1. Aaron Rouse
2. Chris Houston
3. Rufus Alexander

I'm diggin' Rouse, with his size and speed he has to catch Marvin's eye. Especially the fact that he's solid in coverage.
Thats sounds solid to me only I am a sucker for Okoye and I would put him up there in rd 1. If he is available, he could very well be th best overall at that pick. and having a young stud like him couldnt hurt.
Im quite infatuated with Rouse too. But Weddle is still my boy for DB. Maybe not CB but i like him.
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Round 1
1. Reggie Nelson
2. Marcus McCauley
4. Patrick Willis
5. Charles Johnson

Round 2
1. Aaron Rouse
2. Chris Houston
3. Rufus Alexander

I dont think Nelson will be there when we pick. McCauley has yet to of shown any great skill at the senior bowl practice that would make a middle first round pick. I still like Moses and Johnson more that Abiamiri. I agree that he has made a push up the boards but I don't feel he is a top 20 pick. Willis is good value but I just don't like picking LBs in the first round when it is proven every year that there is great value at the position in rounds 3-4.

My dream draft would have us trade down into the lower 22-25 range (much like in 05) and pick up a third round pick because I think that defense is deep this year. Give me Darrelle Revis, Jarvis Moss, Marcus McCauley, Quentin Moses or a guy with great value at that point Abiamiri.

I do not like Rouse as a safety in the NFL he should add 15 pounds and switch to OLB, which he could because he is 6-4. He all ready has the speed edge over other OLB's and hits like one too. Not a good fit for us. I would move him to OLB.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone think that we could pick up a third round pick if we trade down 4-7 picks in the draft? If we could would you do it?
Old 01-24-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what about micheal griffin if we decide to move down? i really like his speed and agressiveness, even if he isnt the biggest guy.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballGod
Does anyone think that we could pick up a third round pick if we trade down 4-7 picks in the draft? If we could would you do it?
I would like to hope so but I'm not sure who would want to trade up.

Something I can see us doing though is if someone is there to be had in the 3rd Marvin wants then we manage a trade of a 3rd round next year because we could potentially have 3 3rd rounder via Steinbach/Smith compensation.

Today we showed interest in McCauley via Scott, he's like a Joseph clone. I do agree though that he's not the greatest value at 18 and I do assume Nelson will be gone but there's always a chance.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

McCauley not doing great according to The Dayton Daily News. He is giving up on plays and the coaches have been all over him about it for two days.
http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con...407senior.html
Old 01-25-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Reading today's local Cincy paper, it appears there is some thought about moving Madeiu to CB and drafting a Safety to replace him so maybe some of these ideas are not too far off.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott
Reading today's local Cincy paper, it appears there is some thought about moving Madeiu to CB and drafting a Safety to replace him so maybe some of these ideas are not too far off.
Was it just an opinion type deal or are they hearing rumblings of this from within the organization? If that's the case then IMO Nelson is an absolute lock if he was to fall back to us. Griffin I'm not so sure about, Rouse seems like a Marvin guy in the second.

Scott said this of McCauley yesterday...

Marcus McCauley of Fresno St. probably had his best day of the week, showing excellent recovery speed, sticking to his man like glue and making a couple of nice pass breakups in 7-on-7's.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

This came from Bresnaham stating that the organization was well aware of Madeiu's ability to move to CB and that all things are being considered to give this defense an identity.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
This came from Bresnaham stating that the organization was well aware of Madeiu's ability to move to CB and that all things are being considered to give this defense an identity.
Hmmm.....

Interesting. Too bad there aren't really an FA safties that stick out, safties are best to address via FA.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Hmmm.....

Interesting. Too bad there aren't really an FA safties that stick out, safties are best to address via FA.
Hmmm......

Too bad Madieu is not a good corner. He doesn't have the speed to play CB. I love him at safety and I think he should stay there.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballGod
Quote:
Quote:
Hmmm.....

Hmmm......

Too bad Madieu is not a good corner. He doesn't have the speed to play CB. I love him at safety and I think he should stay there.
I wouldn't say that he would be a bad corner... He ran a 4.46 out of college and has pretty solid game speed, he's solid in coverage. He's no blazing player but he'd match up against the posessions guys most of the time and I don't see why he would be terrible.

Granted, I don't see why we should move him to CB now given his success at S and the depth at CB this year and while he isn't slow he's not the fastest DB out there by any means.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink

How good can Kelly Washington be and what were his main strengths and weaknesses when he played for the Bengals?

Also are you guys resigning Justin Smith? I heard (prolly a rumor) he might not be back or at least will take a look at the market?
Old 01-26-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

Kelly Washington has in the past 2 yhrs decided to become more of a team guy and realized he had to be a special teams guy also if he wanted some PT. He seemed to be injured alot and then he got behind Chris Henry. I like him alot, more as an insurance policy for the Bengals but IF the Browns picked him up, he may never be a star but he would be very solid. He's big, strong and seems like he's matured into a fine team player. I wouldn't really say he is a burner but still very solid.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Kwash is entertaining, I root for him to score or get a first down just because of his celebrations

I think he can be a decent #3 but not much else, he doesn't really stand out in any area and isn't a great route runner but he has some potential.

I think we should re-sign Justin Smith or use the money if we don't to sign a Nate Clements or big time FA.

Honestly I'm not sure if we'll re-sign him or not, usually I have an opinion either way but in his case I dont... I guess we'll see.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I hear he may be back also but we'll have to wait until we see the numbers he's asking. A NY team could blow us out of the water with an offer. I'd like him back if we can.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Via Bengals.com
Quote:
From making free safety Madieu Williams a cornerback, to switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4, to isolating what area they need with what everyone is assuming is a defensive first-round pick at No. 18, Bresnahan stressed that it’s too early to lock into any direction.
I really doubt Madieu to CB and a swap to 3-4.

Knowing Breshnahan he'd only rush 3 everytime if we moved to the 3-4

Another few interesting quotes (GH is Hobson the Bengals.com reporter and CB is Breshnahan.

Quote:
GH: Are linebacker and corner the biggest needs?
CB: I think every position. I hate to isolate on one right now. I think we have to address the corner situation and big plays we gave up. But that’s not to side-step improving at the linebacker position. Making sure we’re solid at the defensive line. We’ve got some things there. You have Sam (defensive tackle Adams), who has worry about his health and getting on the field with more consistency. We’ve got to worry about Justin’s situation. There are lot of areas we have to look at.

That’s why I say it’s premature, it’s just a little premature to make definitive comments.
Quote:
GH: After looking pretty good in a midseason stretch, Caleb (Miller) hardly played at all late in the year.
CB: He had some good games. He had some games where he made plays out of position. We’re looking to get guys in one position so they can focus and go. But with the injuries we had and playing with four linebackers in a game, guys have to know multiple positions and that limited some of the things that (Miller) did.

He’s a good player. He has athletic ability. He needs to make a total commitment to football. He’s got things he needs to get cleared up in his life and get focused and he knows that. He’ll be the first one to tell you that.

GH: What about Brooks?
CB: Brooks is going to be a good football player and I’ll leave it at that. He needs to mature. He needs to learn how to study the game and prepare as a pro.
Quote:
GH: Deltha has two years left on his deal and Tory is up. Do you think they’ll be back?
CB: That’s premature on that, too. That has to do with the power upstairs.

GH: Deltha kind of ended it rough.
CB: Correct. Deltha has to get healthy and Deltha has to get back to the way he played two years ago. He’s got a challenge ahead of him, and you have to keep the pressure on them through competition.
Quote:
GH: The big guy there is right end Justin Smith. If he re-signs, it’s a 4-3. But no matter what, you could replace Tory James with free safety Madieu Williams. You guys think he can make the move the corner, don’t you?
CB: He’s proven it. He’s a guy that can play corner. That’s an option you have to look at and weigh, and again that’s based on where we are in free agency. You've got Tory’s situation. You've got Deltha’s (O’Neal) situation.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Just because it's got me thinking I'll give my take on swapping to the 3-4.

Say we do the swap, here's what it opens up.

-We MUST draft a 3-4 pass rushing OLB (Anthony Spency, Jarvis Moss, Quentin Moses etc.) and it would almost be a first round need unless we took on say Adalius Thomas.
-We would still need a CB.
-You know Ahmad would be 1 ILB, Caleb/Simmons/Jeanty? would be in the running for the other. Jeanty/Landon would be the other OLB (I'd assume, not sure they're a great fit correct me if I'm wrong)
-Sam Adams moves to NT with Shaun Smith backing him up. Peko/Robinson move to the ends with Fanene having potential to start at end as well. I know Peko has NT potential but he has speed that I think would be best suited outside.
-Saftey would be a luxury still.

I don't think it's the best route, the play calling is too blah from Breshnahan and I think it'd make getting pressure on the QB even worse.

If we stick by the 4-3 we could sign a good impact FA (In house) in Justin Smith. Then our Dline is set, Ahmad in the middle with Landon at WLB and Jeanty at SLB (I still would love Patrick Willis then move Ahmad to SLB).

I just think we lack the LB depth at this point to do the 3-4 swap.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys just wanted to know what your thoughts were on my draft that I had on the fantasy forum. If your unaware would u be happy with this first let me tell u what we got rid of and acquired

Lost:
TJ Housh
Deltha O'neal

Gained:
Drayton Florence
Terrence Kiel
Draft Picks

1- Paul Posluszny LB Penn St
2- Victor Abiamiri DE Notre Dame
3- Ahmad Brooks LB Virginia
4A- Scott Chandler TE Iowa
4B- Ryan Smith CB Florida
4C- Steve Smith WR USC
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

Losing TJ, and having Chris Henry always on shakey ground makes a strength into a weakness.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

I think its about time we make the switch to 3-4. We pretty much got the players that fit. Lineup would be something like this w/o Pollack and Thurman:

CB-Deltha O'neal
CB-John Joseph
FS-Madieu Williams
SS-Dexter Jackson
OLB-Robert Geathers
ILB-AJ Nicholson
ILB-Ahmad Brooks
OLB-Rashad Jeanty
DE-Bryan Robinson
NT-Sam Adams/Shaun Smith
DE-Domata Peko

IF that happened then I wouldnt mind drafting Adam Carriker at 18 to provide more DE depth and at times move Peko over to NT.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

The fact that Nicholson never even stepped on the field his rookie year tells me they must be disappointed in the guy. There are not too many rookies that make a team and never step foot on the field especially a LBer who you would think would have a nose for special teams. I don't know what they intend to do, but I don't think Nicholson is a guy that be counted on at this point.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Duh, I forgot completely about Geathers.

So I guess that would mean it'd be nice to draft a Patrick Willis if he was there or CB in the first.

After Okoyes Senior Bowl week I'm ready to cave and say I'd take him in the first . If he even falls that far though, he seems like a rare DT that can be a playmaker so I'm for it.