Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 02-11-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
edge_V

nice to meet you fellow bengals fans. i am new to this board and am looking forward to reading about all of your opinions about the draft.

personaly i would love to see the bengals take okoye in the first then buster davis or h.b blades in the second (assuming the are the best LB's still avalible). although i know that taking one of these line backers in the 2nd might be too early i beleave they both have a high chance of being play makers in the nfl despite their size.

i would also like to see us take patrick willis in the first if okoye is not their and then a corner in the second.

your thoughts?
Old 02-11-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes! Another Bengals fan, I'll take all that we can get.

Some very interesting clippings I found today...

Quote:
The Bengals are reportedly not talking to free agent OL Eric Steinbach.
With coach Marvin Lewis prepared to stay in a 4-3 defense, the odds of Justin Smith being franchised have increased, and now there's virtually no chance Steinbach will wear the $9.556 million tag for linemen. It's safe to say Steinbach is a longshot to be back in orange and black in 2007.
Quote:
ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports the Bengals may release Deltha O'Neal this offseason and address the cornerback position in the NFL Draft.
Cincy is already set to lose free agent Tory James and took Johnathan Joseph in the '06 first round but O'Neal's play is declining and he was arrested for DUI in December. The Bengals are tinkering with the idea of moving Madieu Williams to corner and this draft is deep at the position.
Quote:
Bengals coach Marvin Lewis wouldn't rule out hanging onto suspended middle linebacker Odell Thurman at a press conference Friday.
This is a 180 from the stance he and owner Mike Brown took directly after last season. Lewis also confirmed the team will keep its 4-3 defense, so he can't be sold that Ahmad Brooks is the answer at the MIKE spot. Thurman will likely have to compete to start, but odds are he'd win.
(basically what we knew already from the interview but some more analysis)

Looks like Houston or Revis in the 1st if Landry/Nelson aren't there and Griffin doesn't interest them.

It's a shame to see Steinbach go but IMO it's best for the team as a whole to keep Smith instead because of cost and we won't have to take a DE early.

Smith and his agent have also said that he would play under the tag. Maybe Marvin wants to do this in order to see if Rucker has what it takes to be a starter in '08.

I think Odell will play next year and hopefully start at MLB with Ahmad at SLB.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ

That linebacker tandem = :D
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78
Quote:

You ain't kidding man... That is just sick.

To have the two of them, JJ, whoever we draft at CB or S, Madieu and our Dline is slowly becoming at least decent we might finally crack top 15 defense.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78
Quote:

You ain't kidding man... That is just sick.

To have the two of them, JJ, whoever we draft at CB or S, Madieu and our Dline is slowly becoming at least decent we might finally crack top 15 defense.
If we draft smart *cough* okoye & weddle/rouse*cough* i think our defense is top 15 pushin top 10. If we resign Smith to help anchor the line. Rotate Adams & Peko, Thorton & Okoye. And add in a linebacker core of Brooks, Thurman, Johnson/Simmons/Geanty/Miller (all 4 can play well) and Madieu and Jackson/Draft pick at safety then JJ and Dealtha/ FA or draft pick

no matter what pos. we draft i think we can have a solid non-bungle defense
Old 02-11-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well, I don't see Okoye there at 18 therefore I think CB is the pick (Revis/Houston) then hopefully Rouse in the 2nd.

I just know when Marvin looks at the tape he'll have a man crush on Rouse because of his size/speed and because he considered drafting Thomas Howard last year and converting him to S I see Rouse as a Marvin type player no doubt.

Then Ahmad/Odell/Landon is a solid starting LB core. Simmons/Jeanty/Miller are more than adequate backups.

We won't have Tory James at CB so that automatically makes us way better. If Geathers can continue to improve along with Peko then we could have a solid D.

A lot of it depends on what we do with Odell though... Too much talent to make him sit.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I only say Okoye because I saw him play a lot and love his work ethic and personality & character. Cant Complain about him. I would love to get Revis in the first then a safety in RD 2. Those are my top spots we need to fix. Okoye is just too rare a prospect to pass.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
edge_V

it would be great to get Odell back if he can get his head out of his ass and stay clean!

but i would hate to see us let go of deltha. imo i think he can rebound from last year and once again be a solid corner.

but keeping these players meens we should realy focus on character durring this draft
Old 02-11-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i trust odell will be all cleaned up for this year and if he isn't the opening day starter i'd be suprised, he'll definetly take the spot over though. i think he is a good young man who just made a mistake and i think he knows that. I hope david pollack gave him a good talking to because he is the type of person/player that odell should try to be and i think he has a big influence on him. if we get odell and pollack back eventually the LB crew would just be disgusting, pollack-odell-brooks would be the ideal group but if pollack can't come back landon johnson is still "the silent assassin" and his game will only improve. I wouldn't be suprised in the least if Rashad Jeanty challenged for a spot as well. marvin's drafting has been superb as far as talent goes, they just need to be able to be on the field. Ahmad Brooks is a man-child who could be the next LT.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The way I see it happening is Odell plays with the 3rd team in preseason then by say week 5 or 6 takes over for Simmons at MLB. Marvin will probably get Ahmad at SLB with the intention of bringing Odell back to the middle. I really don't think Odell is that bad of a person he's just made some terrible mistakes. He definetely didn't do as many dumb things as Henry and didn't have an incident with police like Mcneal (who I would rather have just get cut).

Jeanty seems to have great instincts, he's great in run D. I think he's just lacking the physical skills that Ahmad/Odell have.

If we could have Ahmad/Odell in the starting lineup next year that alone would be like having a very successful draft.

I swear, I get all hot and bothered just thinking about having Ahmad and Odell back there... That would be the mean streak our defense needs. Both guys can make big momentum plays/hits that can give this D the backbone that they need.

I want to keep Deltha but only as a stop-gap for the corner we draft this year so that we don't have to start two young corners from day one.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya i dont see the logic behind letting him go, he could still come back and prove he's a good corner and last year was a fluke. we need him at least for 1 year in order to help out a young guy coming in.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-12-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think O'Neal will be beack and be a help this year too. I also think that Odell will be relagated to a sub for some time until he proves he can be counted on. That may take awhile. I see Brooks as our MLB of the future
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

i would rather see brooks outside because i doubt he is as good as odell is in the middle. he has insane potential and he can succeed at any of the LB positions but i think odell's only position is MLB. id rather have both on the field than just brooks in the middle.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-12-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Agreed. Ahmad can play all 7 LB positions and Odell is without a doubt best used at MLB. Ahmad I think would also be best suited to blitz from the outside, he just needs to work on his coverage.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Agreed. Ahmad can play all 7 LB positions and Odell is without a doubt best used at MLB. Ahmad I think would also be best suited to blitz from the outside, he just needs to work on his coverage.
yeah he tends to over pursue sometimes as well. expected rookie stuff though.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:40 AM    (permalink
pablovagne

What do u guys think about looking at timmons in the first round, or posluszny in the 2nd round if we take a CB first. Also, I was wondering about maybe signing mike lewis or doss in the offseason and letting them get mentored by dexter. Lemme know what you guys think. I'm just trying to get into the swing of things since i just created my account.
I think our weak side linebacker depth isnt that talented and that landon is a backup at best even tho he showed the most heart this season.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
edge_V

i would love to get Poz in the second round. he is a very instinctive LB and a potential leader. although it would be great to get odell back he still has to earn his way back and i do not want to get ahead of myself by saying that there is a 100% chance he will be back let alone be the team leader. i also believe Poz is a very good character guy who would be a steal in the second round
Old 02-13-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
edge_V

if anyone could tell how to get that little picture thing next to your name that would be great
Old 02-13-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

i like timmons and poz but i REALLY want charles johnson and we may be able to get him in the first while trading down and picking up a third round pick. charles johnson and robert geathers with ahmad brooks, odell, pollack(hopefully) and/or landon with domata peko and shaun smith stuffing the middle would be the most insane front 7 ever assembled.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-13-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
PaX1

I heard a rumor on my cardinal board that you guys might be letting deltha oneal walk. Is there any truth to this?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

it's possible but i don't see it happening, i would totally disagree with it because we need him for at least one more year.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-13-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I really don't see Deltha getting cut... Marvin said himself that he felt he could turn back around next season.

I think everyone underrates Landon. He's one of our more consistant LB's, granted he's not a playmaker but he never shows up on the injury list and just flat out makes tackles. Marvin said he's one of our top priorities in the offseason so don't expect him to get replaced anytime soon.

I love Charles Johnson but with us probably taking Justin Smith I don't see him happening.

I'm against Poz/Timmons... I think it's either MLB or nothing day one. Jeanty is decent enough at SLB and Ahmad will play SLB if Odell comes back, plus you have Pollack maybe in the mix as well. I just don't see it happening. They aren't good enough value at 18 to warrant the pick IMO.

I'm almost sure it'll be CB or S round one. We need a #2 CB and Revis can be a PR as well, then maybe Griffin catches Marvin's eye or Landry falls.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:02 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

its final i want griffin, landry, or charles johnson 1st round. no one else unless someone like okoye falls.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-14-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack
its final i want griffin, landry, or charles johnson 1st round. no one else unless someone like okoye falls.
What about Revis? He's a solid CB with speed and he's a PR. Chris Houston may work his way up that far as well.

Landry is the dream pick.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack
What about Revis? He's a solid CB with speed and he's a PR. Chris Houston may work his way up that far as well.

Landry is the dream pick.
I like Revis. I can say with about 95% confidence that the Bengals will address the Secondary with the first round. 4% of the remaining 5% is Okoye falling to 18 and that last 1% is some shocker pick.