Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 12-17-2009, 05:47 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Prayers for Henry as he currently is on life support. I have been thinking about him a lot recently because of our passing woes and then this tragedy occurs. I have that same numb feeling again like I did when Zimmer's wife passed. This young guy has been through so much in his life, I hope he can pull it off once again and recover from these head injuries.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP Chris h

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Anyone else see that Anthony Collins is now our Practice Squad..
Old 12-21-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crites09 View Post
Anyone else see that Anthony Collins is now our Practice Squad..
Yea we also have 9 PS players so something is not right. If we cut Collins he would not make are PS someone would pick him up

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Yea we also have 9 PS players so something is not right. If we cut Collins he would not make are PS someone would pick him up
Agreed. I have been confused for awhile about this. I have been trying to find a article saying he has been released and put on practice squad but can't find any.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to guess that Darius Hill gets cut. Our TE position is stocked up with Kelly, Foschi, Coats & Coffman at the moment. I believe Utecht retired / is strongly considering retirement, but even without him, we're at 5 TE's right now, which is just to much.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:41 AM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I'm going to guess that Darius Hill gets cut. Our TE position is stocked up with Kelly, Foschi, Coats & Coffman at the moment. I believe Utecht retired / is strongly considering retirement, but even without him, we're at 5 TE's right now, which is just to much.
Utecht was released, hasn't made a decision to retire yet. But we have Matt Sherry our 6th round pick from the draft 2 years ago on IR as well, so we still have 5.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crites09 View Post
Utecht was released, hasn't made a decision to retire yet. But we have Matt Sherry our 6th round pick from the draft 2 years ago on IR as well, so we still have 5.
See, this is my only problem with our front office. Why can't Mike Brown / Marvin Lewis commit to 3-4 TE's? I get that we had the two injuries, but having 5 guys to fill in those 2 guys roles is extremely inefficient and clearly not been effective.

Right when the season started, I would much rather have had DeDe Dorsey dressing every day than having Darius Hill or Matt Sherry on our practice squad. I mean we have 3 young TEs on this team, and all of them are receiving threats with sub par blocking skill (or at least experience) that grade out as basically "potential" and nothing else. It just seems silly to keep 3 "future" players on the team, that all play the same position and have the same skill sets.

I still can't believe we started the season with 7 Tight Ends.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

yup lol... and I agree that I wish Dede Dorsey was still a Bengals but then we would probably be saying the same thing about RB's. So I would rather have signed some Safety or kept Marvin White on the roster(he was one of my fav Bengals haha) just because of the situation we are in right now with Crocker down. I love Tom freakin Nelson but he just doesn't cut it right now.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had to chime in late, RIP Slim. Just a guy so misunderstood, and a guy that came so far. Since he had just recently put it all together off the field, you wonder if he was about to really put it together on the field. My bet would be yes. He wasn't a thug, and you know if there is a God out there he's going to know the amount of sacrifice he's had to endure, and the adversity that has plagued his NFL career through the league, fans, and media, and that said, we can imagine he's in a much better place.

Always a favorite of mine, and a role model for troubled young players and young men. A family man in every sense of the word that was just starting to see football as a passion rather than just a job. Amazing the amount of lives a troubled player was able to touch, and by all accounts his personal strength was remarkable. His responsibilities were always high and he had just came around, matured, and learned how to handle them all. Being a son, a brother, and a father of three at the same time as having the responsibility of a pro athlete (especially one with his image) could not have made for an easy life and the fact that he was able to smile, to work as hard as he did, and to cut ties with a lifestyle and group or friends... well, all I can say is that I look up to the guy.

R.I.P. Chris Henry. You'll be missed.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just thinkin bc of the main thread in the pro forums, but would you guys give up a 1st and 3rd for Marshall if we could sign him long term?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would to, but watching this game (rose bowl) i dont want any OSU or Oregon players anymore lol

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-03-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

How great would it be if Derrick Johnson goes FA and we sign him. I know he hasnt been great lately but a lot of that is 3-4. In a 4-3 he used to be great.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-05-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

The last thing the Bengals need on this team is Brandon Marshall. His attitude alone is enough to not want him around. But him and Chad could not work in the same locker room. if you bring in Brandon, Chad has to go. If you've noticed now that TJ is gone Chad isn't being such a locker room distraction. Those 2 have fought for attention all the way back to their Oregon State days.

Id love to see Derrick Johnson in stripes but the sad truth is 'ol Mike Brown isn't gonna poney up the cash to bring in a high end free agent. What everyone needs to really be worried about is the labor agreement running out. Everyone talks about there not being a cap. well if the cap goes away so does the minimum. there is a minimum that each team has to spend right now and if that goes away Tightwad Brown is liable to dump any and all high priced players. just something to keep in mind folks.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkpba View Post
The last thing the Bengals need on this team is Brandon Marshall. His attitude alone is enough to not want him around. But him and Chad could not work in the same locker room. if you bring in Brandon, Chad has to go. If you've noticed now that TJ is gone Chad isn't being such a locker room distraction. Those 2 have fought for attention all the way back to their Oregon State days.

Id love to see Derrick Johnson in stripes but the sad truth is 'ol Mike Brown isn't gonna poney up the cash to bring in a high end free agent. What everyone needs to really be worried about is the labor agreement running out. Everyone talks about there not being a cap. well if the cap goes away so does the minimum. there is a minimum that each team has to spend right now and if that goes away Tightwad Brown is liable to dump any and all high priced players. just something to keep in mind folks.
People say that about Brown being a Tightass but in actuality he has done more recently than a lot of other owners. He doesnt have the big bucks to spend. He brought in Odom and Utecht, while neither have panned out, they were the best signings for us.
Johnson could be a Bengal if he is let go in KC. Would be really nice. If the Reds can sign Aroldis Chapman the Bengals can get DJ

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-11-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol that Reds signing blew my mind, go figure... I'm pumped about it.

Brown is a businessman... He will do what is good for the business. He may be cheap but as we've seen time and time again, expensive FA's rarely make a difference on a team. I really was a fan of the Utecht signing. Obviously didn't work out but it was well worth the risk.

My real beef with Brown is the signing of draft picks and how it ALWAYS takes us longer than everyone else.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
lol that Reds signing blew my mind, go figure... I'm pumped about it.

Brown is a businessman... He will do what is good for the business. He may be cheap but as we've seen time and time again, expensive FA's rarely make a difference on a team. I really was a fan of the Utecht signing. Obviously didn't work out but it was well worth the risk.

My real beef with Brown is the signing of draft picks and how it ALWAYS takes us longer than everyone else.
I can almost guarentee once he sees the bottom line from this year with a playoff team he will be willing to spend for a few more guys. DJ could be one of them.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-15-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ochocinco going to the Pro Bowl

Oh and DJ is a RFA so the only way he get's out of KC is by trade.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Ochocinco going to the Pro Bowl

Oh and DJ is a RFA so the only way he get's out of KC is by trade.
Bengals Could offer DJ more then KC and they would have to match to retain him but if Cincinnati gets him they will have to give up a draft pick for him depending on the tender KC gives him

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Why do we want more linebackers? lol.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Why do we want more linebackers? lol.
Because we have 1 good reserve in Brandon Johnson.
Dhani is on his last leg IMO. Cant cover.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-16-2010, 03:43 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I dont really see the need for a linebacker either. Its probably our strongest position all around. I would like to see Rey moved to the middle at some point and I have no problem with Jeanty being the SLB either.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 01-16-2010, 04:01 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I dont think Jeanty is a starter. He is a back up at best.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-16-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I think hes perfect for our scheme at SLB. He's a run thumper and I would have no problem with him being there.

Oh and I thought this was pretty cool:
“Andre is going to be a good player. He had a high percentage of ‘Wow blocks.’ He had some of the best pancakes I’ve ever seen."
-Paul Alexander.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165