Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 01-23-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

I'm going to say 3rd round pick with a late round pick in 2012 that can escalate to 1st or 2nd round pick based on stats, division win, conference win etc
Old 01-23-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't think you have any leverage though tops i would give is a 3rd
Old 01-23-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
i don't think you have any leverage though tops i would give is a 3rd
There will be a QB premium guaranteed and thats why it would be performance based for a future pick
Old 01-23-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This sounds like great news to me. I feel like I'm constantly on the defensive trying to make excuses for all these players. Finally one of them gives me a reason to not defend them.

I can't for the life of me figure out how this ends up worse than the situation we're currently in right now.

Scenario 1: Palmer backs down on his threat. We either end up winning and I forget about his trade demand or we have a bad season and we can justify letting him go.

Scenario 2: Palmer doesn't back down on his threat. He either retires or we trade him. Either way we start working on the next great QB who might actually win us a Superbowl one day.

Win, win... win and win again. This demand puts a clock on Palmer's time here and that is exactly the kind of thing we needed to move into the future.

Now, as far as who our future is, that's another thing. LeFevour is already on the roster. Doubtful that he's anything special, but who knows really. I'm one of the few Bengals fans who wouldn't hate Cam Newton being here as well. I think I'd like Mallet the most, but could live with giving a couple other guys a shot.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gabbert is about the only QB i could stand the Bengals to take and not be super pissed off at the Big 4 QBs

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:59 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Are we sure that this is a legit rumor? This doesn't seem like Palmer's style to leak something to ESPN without vetting this with his closest teammates first (Whitworth, TJ, etc), so I expect we will get clarity today from someone closer to the situation, even with the coaches in Mobile. Regardless whether its true or not, this is a shot across the bow that the FO cant miss. I really like to see them bring in Childress and retool this offense.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...3-eadb5893b1dd

Boom.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Words cannot express the joy

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

New OC and probably a new QB

Using McNabb as a measuring stick for trade value. Redskins gave up 2 picks: 2nd rounder 37th pick & either a 3rd or 4th round pick.

I would hope that the Bengals could get at least this in a trade since Palmer is 3 yrs younger.

Bring in a veteran and draft a QB for the future

Last edited by SC Igniter : 01-31-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Igniter View Post
Using McNabb as a measuring stick for trade value. Redskins gave up 2 picks: 2nd rounder 37th pick & either a 3rd or 4th round pick.

I would hope that the Bengals could get at least this since Palmer is 3 yrs younger.
Why would we trade him now that Brat is gone? (One of the things he wanted)
Even then Palmer has not accomplished nearly as much as McNabb so I would be big time surprised if he got that in return.

I dont follow the New OC = New QB logic

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-31-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Adam Schefter Carson will still want out no matter who they bring in as OC. I guess Carson wants major Changes to the FO for him to stay. I could see a New QB with a New OC. Might want to bring in his own QB.I am hoping that we hire a WC type guy then draft someone like Ponder.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-31-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, Bratkowski getting fired seems like a huge step in the right direction. There's a lot of talent on the Bengals as you all obviously know, think with a good offseason the team could make a huge jump forward.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:41 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If firing Brat was something that MB gave in on, you can bet he got something back from ML in those negotiaitons. MB doesn't just give things away. We'll bescrewed in some way for this change.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Jay Gruden rumored to be New OC. Could not be any worst then Bratkowski. Hopefully if Gruden is hired he will be somewhat creative on offense.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/2/2/...oordinator-job

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-03-2011, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Sounds like he could be a nice fresh breath for the Offense.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-03-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...8-8de0868ba326

Gruden just hired. Should be interesting to see how he plans to change things around and bring some life back to the offense.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

Seeing as how he comes from a west coast offense background i can see him trying to implement that style. He did have a lot of success in the Arena League as well. If he uses an AFL style offense they will be throwing the ball all over the place.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:35 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

Despite what has been reported, lets hope Lewis and Gruden can convince Palmer to come back and run this new offense. Gruden's point is that this is QB friendly scheme that can be tailored to the strengths of the offense playmakers. Carson has some exposure to the WCO so maybe, just maybe this will be enough for him to reconsider. The press reports said they haven't talked to Carson yet, perhaps we will hear something more on this after the Super Bowl?
Old 02-09-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So looks like Carson is putting his house up in Cincy and said he would never return hahaha. This is really ugly, I feel like he just isn't a guy who loves the game.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
So looks like Carson is putting his house up in Cincy and said he would never return hahaha. This is really ugly, I feel like he just isn't a guy who loves the game.
This is all on Mike Brown and some of the other tards up in the FO.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-09-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geez, sounds like he's not bluffing. Wouldn't it be best to just trade him already?
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Geez, sounds like he's not bluffing. Wouldn't it be best to just trade him already?
Mike Brown.
The end.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-09-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

Its too bad the way this has transpired for CP and for the Bengals. Its a no win situation for both parties. if traded, CP will have to most likely agree to a salary reduction off his current contract. Maybe he doesn't care about the money or the game, to think that CP can do much better than the Bengals with the teams looking for QB is questionable.

For us (Bengals), MB needs to suck it up and do what's best for the team and get the best trade value for our former leader. We need to retool this team with new QB's in a new system, looks like a FA and high draft pick needs to happen. it sucks, I think this is what is in our future after MB considers all the bad options he is holding.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

God Why cant Mike Brown just die or get hit in the head and somehow have that hit knock something loose so he is somewhat intellegent to running a Football Team.

I am going to have to find a NFC team to root for because until Mike Brown relieves control over the team the Bengals will never be competive.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-23-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

Something was brought up in conversation today about Andre Smith and him being due a roster bonus very soon. The question was will he receive said bonus? The Bengals either have to pay him the bonus or release him. Do you guys think they should go ahead and give up on him or pay him the bonus and hope he gets his fat butt in shape. I still believe he has the talent to be a dominate tackle if he can just find a way to stay within a reasonable weight range. With Mike Browns tight wad ways I'm sure he will go ahead and cut him. And odds are he'll go ahead and sign with another team and become a hall of fame player.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote