Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 06-03-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton89 View Post
Bring Atogwe To Houston Rick Smith!!!!
Not sure why the Texans wont fix the safety problem.

Has anyone heard how the Rookies are looking so far? I have only heard that the LSU kid is not looking very good and may not make the team because he cant run routes.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
Not sure why the Texans wont fix the safety problem.

Has anyone heard how the Rookies are looking so far? I have only heard that the LSU kid is not looking very good and may not make the team because he cant run routes.
Talkin' bout Trindon Holliday? I figured he's a pure RS for you guys, and besides that, RB may be his better position that WR. It'd be a bad choice to cut arguably the most talented KR in the draft because he can't run routes as a rookie.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Talkin' bout Trindon Holliday? I figured he's a pure RS for you guys, and besides that, RB may be his better position that WR. It'd be a bad choice to cut arguably the most talented KR in the draft because he can't run routes as a rookie.
I agree, with his speed he could be the kick return man we haven't had since Jerome Mathis. I don't much like the idea of him as a WR except for deep fly routes since he's only 5'5. I like the thought of him as a situational RB since he's so short defenses would lose track of him in the backfield like they do with Darren Sproles.

I don't think we'll cut him, he has the tools to be an excellent return man in the NFL.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it is still early, but we did a full 7 round mock in the Fantasy thread. Keep in mind there were no trades, free-agency acquisitions or compensatory picks. Amongst three other teams, I represented the Texans.

22. Houston Texans :: Deunta Williams, S, North Carolina
54. Houston Texans :: James Rodgers, WR, Oregon Stat
86. Houston Texans :: Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
118. Houston Texans :: Pat Devlin, QB, Delaware
150. Houston Texans :: Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
182. Houston Texans :: Benjamin Ijalana, OT, Villanova
214. Houston Texans :: Lawrence Wilson, OLB, Connecticut

I just thought I would post this here to see what you thought of my selections.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:43 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Bullock and Mawae are still out there. At this point, how can you not bring them it?

I was thinking that with the Cushing situation and all, Bullock might be able to brind the swagger back. I doubt it happens, but I would be in.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
So Bullock and Mawae are still out there. At this point, how can you not bring them it?

I was thinking that with the Cushing situation and all, Bullock might be able to brind the swagger back. I doubt it happens, but I would be in.
Once again two moves that would make this team better, but the Texans are scared of free agents for what ever reason. Mawae would be a huge pick up. And you would think after seeing what Bullock does to us twice a year that we would want him on our side. My big fear is that Cush will not be the same player after getting off the juice, so Bullock would be a big pick up.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind all 3:Atogwe, Bulluck and Mawae on the Texans.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would die if Bulluck became a Texan. :'(

He's still recovering from his ACL, so he hasn't really had a FA visit anywhere. So that's not really ya'lls FO not being proactive.

Mawae, on the other hand, has lost multiple steps. I don't think he's a full time starter except on the very poor OL teams, but his veteran leadership and experience with line calls would help out any team - even in a backup role. I think the Titans are interested in bringing him back in a 2nd string capacity, but I think he stills wants to start somewhere.

*sculks away*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 06-13-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always been a big Bulluck fan, but think of him as more of a WLB than a SLB for us. Once Cushing returns imagine how nasty Cushing-Ryans-Bulluck would be. Damn.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I would die if Bulluck became a Texan. :'(

He's still recovering from his ACL, so he hasn't really had a FA visit anywhere. So that's not really ya'lls FO not being proactive.

Mawae, on the other hand, has lost multiple steps. I don't think he's a full time starter except on the very poor OL teams, but his veteran leadership and experience with line calls would help out any team - even in a backup role. I think the Titans are interested in bringing him back in a 2nd string capacity, but I think he stills wants to start somewhere.

*sculks away*
Yeah, I heard about Bulluck not being totally recovered yet. I say hey.....sometimes its good to take chances/risk.

Maybe Houston could bring Bulluck in if they think he can recover(I'm not sure of Bulluck's recovery time table). I don't think Bulluck is done.

On Mawae, I'd sign him and if it doesn't work out, then you could always cut him after Training Camp. I think Mawae can still start and play at a solid level.You have most likely seen more Titans games though than I have and have been able to observe Mawae more.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
Yeah, I heard about Bulluck not being totally recovered yet. I say hey.....sometimes its good to take chances/risk.

Maybe Houston could bring Bulluck in if they think he can recover(I'm not sure of Bulluck's recovery time table). I don't think Bulluck is done.

On Mawae, I'd sign him and if it doesn't work out, then you could always cut him after Training Camp. I think Mawae can still start and play at a solid level.You have most likely seen more Titans games though than I have and have been able to observe Mawae more.
I would take almost anyone over Myers, I dont care how old Mawae is or anything else, Myers blows. I would really like to see Caldwell get a chance to start at center.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Myers is our worst offensive lineman, I don't know why we didn't properly address C yet this offseason, but if Myers starts all season we are in trouble. I really like Caldwell too, I was a fan of his coming out. Hopefully we'll see a TC battle at the very least.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Bulluck is most definitely not done. Had he not been injured, he would've played in the Pro Bowl last year as an alternate. He was playing great, and Titans fans could really see the dropoff without him. He called plays, got everyone lined up right, changed coverages, and made plays. He's a defensive field general.

He's in his 30's, but the guy is still better than 95% of the other 4-3 OLB's in the NFL. I'm actually really hoping the Titans re-sign him. He's been a Titan for his entire career, so I really want him to retire a Titan. Plus after Gerald McRath got busted for failing a PED test (FFFFFFUUUUUUU :'( ), we could use help at OLB. It just depends on his health, and he may not be 100% until a few weeks into the season.

But yeah, Kevin Mawae can still start and improve a ZBS OL. He's lost some mobility, but he's able to lead an OL. I think he'd be a great pickup for ya'll. If anything to help a guy like Caldwell by setting an example. It'd probably only be a 1-year thing though.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

USA!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 06:30 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Right now Foster is slated as the starting running back. I think with the way he played the last two games that he deserves to go into camp as the starter. IMO this will be the biggest position battle we will have during camp, but i think that on opening day that Tate will be the starter.

Another position battle I think will be at the 2nd WR spot. I would really like to see Jacoby take this over Walter. Jacoby showed flashes of what he can do last year, and I think he is really close to being a consistant big threat.

If y'all can think of any other position battles post it, we need to get something going on here.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

I hope Jacoby takes the #2 WR spot and runs with it.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Jacoby had a great preseason his rookie year, then he regressed. He's got great potential, I hope he can put it together.

Anyone been to training camp or have any observations?
Old 08-04-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

I heard the Bills DE Aaron Schobel would like to play for Houston. That would be cool. Schobel had 10 sacks last season. I wonder if Buffalo would release him though.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
I heard the Bills DE Aaron Schobel would like to play for Houston. That would be cool. Schobel had 10 sacks last season. I wonder if Buffalo would release him though.
They are supposed to release him by the end of the day... fingers crossed.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

It's official, he's a free agent. Please Texans, do something!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston Chronic (chronicle) is reporting that AJ's about to become the highest paid receiver in the league. He didn't specify how he would become the highest paid, but look for the deal to be announced soon.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:02 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read AJ got signed. I am really glad, but also surprised. It is odd to see someone with five years left on their contract get an extension.

But it is a must. He is a top three WR in the world. Not to mention I think he is WAY better than anyone else on the team as far as stretching the field. There is a lot of talk about the other recievers, but my thought is AJ must be on the field and be happy. He should be after this contract.

He just might make the hall of fame. A Texan in the hall of fame????? Crazy talk.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

As long as he doesnt retire early i would think that he would be a shoe in for the hall of fame.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its been reported that Bob McNair met with commissioner Godell this morning to try to do something about Cushings suspension.

I really don't know why they're dragging this out. I hope it doesn't become a circus. I wish McNair didn't pursue this. I think it's cool backing Cush, but it might have been best to leave it alone and let Cushing serve his suspension.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:20 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

From yesterday....

• In the morning practice, rookie cornerback Kareem Jackson broke up a 15-yard pass attempt from Matt Schaub to Andre Johnson in the middle of the end zone. "I think he's doing really good," Kubiak said of the first-round pick. "He's gaining more and more confidence each day. Obviously, having to line up against number 80 (Johnson) makes it very difficult. I like his composure. Nothing ever really changes. There are no highs and no lows. He just kind of keeps on going."

I thought this was a cool picture of AJ and Kareem Jackson matching up against each other a few days ago.

AJ Beast Mode