Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 11-04-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
The Bills, Bucs, and Fins were the teams that put in a bid for Merriman. We wouldnt of gotten him because the Bills are first on the wavier list, but atleast try. We could really use another LB and I would of been very happy with Merriman.
I'm not a Merriman follower. I know his performance started going down after the injury a couple of yrs. ago. They had him on IR for a small injury and then waived him. I don't know if I would have pursued him simply because of his uncertain health question.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking on the offense I take it back there are two units that are in fact doing a good if not excellent job. At least I think.

WR- Don't even know the coaches name. However this unit does a great job, talent hasn't been developed, but this is one area where we don't lack talent. AJ, best in the game. KW some of the best hands in the game. DA if the dude was a lil' bigger he would probably be a monster at the slot. JJ the one that makes me question the WR coach, up and comer.

O-line, Benton it the position coach with Matthews as his assistant. Both these guys were linemen previously so they got a good idea of how things operate. However I don't know how much discipline they demand out of the guys. Brown was giving away plays pre-snap last yr. This yr. with his missing time I'm not sure if that's been resolved. However, they should push to get the TE's to always chip. Leaving D. Brown 1-1 with Freeney the other night was horrible. No help matter of fact they made it harder on him by making him go around the TE to block Freeney. These guys can still improve, but really it's the scheming by the rest of the offense that makes them look worse.

Chick Harris- RB coach. You know RB's are drafted for their natural running ability. They need to be coached up on blocking assignments and techniques, but not how to run. Last yr. against the Jets Jenking blasted Myers and made a bee line towards Schaub. Slaton was right there and never even got in position to affect the play. This past monday there was the blitz by Session. Again Foster released to early was nowhere to help pick up the blitz. One of the reasons Foster was on the PS last yr. was blocking, it seems none of our RB's blocking improves. Bringing up the question WTF is Harris doing.

The other thing is QB, Kubiak and Knapp, WTF man. Schaub keeps trying to force the ball. I know we got garbage behind Schaub, but C'mon man. When I see a wide open receiver on screen and Schaub runs away from him that's bad. I'll leave it at that.

Dennison our OC- WTF are they thinking, why did they get away from the run so early. It's like they have this machine that can destroy and are scared of letting it loose.

Kubiak should have been fired last season and seeing this season unfold is like self inflicted punishment. It's like I know we're not making the playoffs now, but I also now that when we loose I'm still gonna pissed as heck.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a really good chance that Gates will not be able to play this weekend. I think with him out is our only chance to win this game cause we can NOT cover tight ends. Our LBs cant do it and Pollard has been proving that he cant do it either.

Going off of what datchapin was talking about with the coaching staff. If you look at KC, they went out and got a really good DC and OC and it has paid off for them, this team is not as good as there record but they are coached so well that they will have a really good chance to make the playoffs.

I go back to when we hired Bush as our DC and guys like Nolan and Gregg Williams and I believe Haslett were looking for jobs, all proven DCs and we went with Bush. When im watching the games I can see where our biltz is coming from and if i can then the other teams QB sure as hell can. There are high school teams with more complex defenses then we have.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just cant be mad at Andre, he has done way to much for us. But I can be mad at our pass coverage once again and coaching once again.

Even though Kareem got a pick, his bad play in that game by far out weighed the good. Pollard doesnt look like the same guy from last season. Someone needs to stick a needle in Cush so he can get going like he did last year.

I dont understand why we were in a no huddle rush offense with 4 something left on the clock. Foster ran the hell out of the ball, why not call some runs and huddle? They were acting as if there was 1 minute left on the clock. And why not take the FG earlier in the game instead of going for it on 4th down and getting stopped? In a close game u always take the points.

Looks like another 8-8 season
Old 11-07-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The defense is broken.

I'm not a Kubiak hater. At this point I'm not sure what needs to be done.

At least Arian Foster had a nice game, but I was hoping for the "W" most of all.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
I just cant be mad at Andre, he has done way to much for us. But I can be mad at our pass coverage once again and coaching once again.

Even though Kareem got a pick, his bad play in that game by far out weighed the good. Pollard doesnt look like the same guy from last season. Someone needs to stick a needle in Cush so he can get going like he did last year.

I dont understand why we were in a no huddle rush offense with 4 something left on the clock. Foster ran the hell out of the ball, why not call some runs and huddle? They were acting as if there was 1 minute left on the clock. And why not take the FG earlier in the game instead of going for it on 4th down and getting stopped? In a close game u always take the points.

Looks like another 8-8 season
We also win if Arian Foster would have paid attention to how the Lions lost their week 1 game.

They need to help out Kareem Jackson instead of expecting him to be one on one every time. With his INT, he had help deep and was able to cut off the pass. Every other time there was no help anywhere around.

Also, even if we kick a FG at that point we still would lose by 3.

The coaching really wasn't the issue today. It was dropped passes, dropped passes, dropped passes, dropped passes, and oh yeah Kareem Jackson getting destroyed in coverage again. He is definitely having a season to forget.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 11-08-2010 at 12:07 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:50 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

[quote=jayceheathman;2371832]

QUOTE]

If we had gotten that FG then we could of taken another FG when we went for it on 4th and 1 were Schaub got stopped and maybe forced OT.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:02 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
We also win if Arian Foster would have paid attention to how the Lions lost their week 1 game.

They need to help out Kareem Jackson instead of expecting him to be one on one every time. With his INT, he had help deep and was able to cut off the pass. Every other time there was no help anywhere around.

The coaching really wasn't the issue today. It was dropped passes, dropped passes, dropped passes, dropped passes, and oh yeah Kareem Jackson getting destroyed in coverage again. He is definitely having a season to forget.
I agree, Kareem Jackson needs help. If we could just let Kareem press and be physical then give him help over the top I think he would become at least serviceable at CB. Our safeties don't have a whole lot of range in coverage though. We just need to overhaul the secondary. I think high draft picks on FS and CB would not be misplaced.

We're getting banged up on offense, until Andre's back to 100% we are really nothing special.

I'm not a Kubiak hater either, and hate when teams that do badly automatically blame the coach, but it might be time to start considering other options.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:55 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I dont care if Al Harris is completely heathly or not we need to try and get him off waviers. A unheathly Al Harris is still better than Kareem Jackson. This is a good chance to improve our weakest area. But knowing Kubs and Smith they wont make the move.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:03 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I agree, Kareem Jackson needs help. If we could just let Kareem press and be physical then give him help over the top I think he would become at least serviceable at CB. Our safeties don't have a whole lot of range in coverage though. We just need to overhaul the secondary. I think high draft picks on FS and CB would not be misplaced.

We're getting banged up on offense, until Andre's back to 100% we are really nothing special.

I'm not a Kubiak hater either, and hate when teams that do badly automatically blame the coach, but it might be time to start considering other options.
I will put the blame of the Colts loss on Kubiak, but it wasnt really his fault we lost to the Chargers. The Chargers started clamping down on their run defense and it helps to try and get the best WR in the game going a little bit so we went to the pass. If I were the coach I would have gone for the 4th down play earlier in the game when we got stopped at like the 2 yard line or pretty close to it. If they stop us they have 98 yards to be able to score.

We are not getting much production out of anyone. Mario, Cushing, and Pollard are supposed to be leading the defense and they have been non-existent lately. The OLine's pass blocking has been horrible of late as well.

Kubiak called the right play at the end of the game with getting AJ open and I would say 99 times out of 100 he makes that catch.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Texans claimed Jason Allen off waviers today, hell must of froze over cause they are finally trying to do something about the secondary. Not sure if its the move we need but atleast its something.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game you guys. Sucks to lose on a fluke. I bet you guys will be pretty amped next time we meet and be a much tougher game for us.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

0 turnovers for Jacksonville today. The Texans need to find ways to force more turnovers.

The Texans need to find a way to start winning again.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Good game you guys. Sucks to lose on a fluke. I bet you guys will be pretty amped next time we meet and be a much tougher game for us.
Wouldn't call it a fluke. Our guys just weren't as prepared as you. The last play just highlighted it. I know that may be what they practice, but at the same time they're DB's and should be able to make a call on the ball wether to catch it or slap it. Our DB had an easy catch that could have ended the game and sent it to overtime. No guarantees we would have won, but to end it the way it did was horrible. I was actually grabbing a beer and getting ready for OT when this play went down. I mean really a Freaking Hail Mary??!!! It really hurts the pride.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Well goodbye playoff hopes....
Old 11-16-2010, 01:16 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texans can still do this. Pass rush must improve. Offense is okay. But defence must get better. PASS RUSH!!!!!

We have the talent. Just have to lock down on defense...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:22 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

The toughest part of our schedule is coming up too. This does not look good.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Our LB unit was supposed to be one of the strengths and injuries as well as steroids have destroyed it. Cushing out most of the beginning of the season, DeMeco out the rest of the year, Adibi injured for awhile with a hamstring injury, Sharpton hurt for a little while, and now Diles spent Thursday in the hospital with the flu.

Injuries are part of the game but this getting crazy. All of those guys injured, Schaub had bursitis in his knee, Owen Daniels will once again miss another game, Andre Johnson has been injured the majority of the year with his ankle injury, and Connor Barwin injured for the year right out of the gate.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 11-21-2010 at 01:29 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

I hope the Texans find a way to win tomorrow.

I doubt that the Jets will give it to them, but maybe the D-Line can bring some pressure and help cause some TO's.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets are killing us through the air.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Games like the last 2 make it really difficult to be a Texans fan...
Old 11-21-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Maybe our next coach will bring in someone who can actually coach our DB's. Im embarrassed to be a Texans fan right now.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving
Old 11-25-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Going to the game on Sunday, first home game of the season for me, hope it's a W! With Rusty Smith at QB and Kenny Britt out, there is no reason we shouldn't win this game.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Going to the game on Sunday, first home game of the season for me, hope it's a W! With Rusty Smith at QB and Kenny Britt out, there is no reason we shouldn't win this game.
Hope you have fun. It better be a W! I mean if we loose to a third string QB the Texans are gonna look pathetic.