Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 01-02-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Dougie-Fresh
Rookie

Dougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Like the new sig guys?
Dougie-Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well a win's always nice but damnit we had a real shot at Prince or Peterson where we would have been picking.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Well a win's always nice but damnit we had a real shot at Prince or Peterson where we would have been picking.
I would of like to of seen a loss for a better pick also, but not for Prince or Peterson.

Reports today that Kubs is for sure safe, sorry datchapin.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not for Prince or Peterson? We need a completely new defensive backfield. I'm a big fan of Pollard, but he might as well be playing LB. He can't play center field.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Why not for Prince or Peterson? We need a completely new defensive backfield. I'm a big fan of Pollard, but he might as well be playing LB. He can't play center field.
I just think we need to sign a free agent for the back field, someone with experiance. CB is the hardest position to make the transition from college to the pros. We may have ruined Jackson by not bringing him in as a nickle and let him work his way up to a starter. Besides i think with the right coaches we can be a lot better back there. Watching Quin over the last few weeks, you can see a ton of potential. If he gets a good DB coach theres no telling what this kid can do.

I wanted to see one of the big name WRs come in, we really need a true number 2 guy. But if Wade is coming in, which it seems thats the case, we are going to have to get a big NT to run Wades 3-4. Not sure if there is one around where we pick at 11.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Have y'all seen next years schedule:

Home: Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Oakland Raiders, Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers

Away: Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Crap!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:57 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Wade is official. How will we use Mario now if we go to a 3-4?
Old 01-06-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Dougie-Fresh
Rookie

Dougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Well Wade is official. How will we use Mario now if we go to a 3-4?
Trade him for a first rounder.
Dougie-Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie-Fresh View Post
Trade him for a first rounder.
As crazy as it sounds i would be all for trading him but for a proven CB or S. Mario wont fit the 3-4 system, plus he cant get through a season without getting hurt. I am so excited to see the 3-4 with Cush and Barwin on the outsides.

The Houston Chronicles resident ****** Richard Justice thinks the Texans should bring in VY as a back up. Justice is such a idiot and doesnt know anything about football, he needs to stick to the astros and leave the NFL to McClain. Bringing in VY is such a stupid idea, VY is not going to settle for a back up role and there is no way in hell he would start over Schaub. VY cares more about his street cred than he does about winning football games and beinging there for his team. I would love to punch Justice in the face for suggesting this.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't really say I'm happy with the direction this team is heading. I don't like that the Texans allowed Denver to interview Dennison when Dallas denied us their LB and possibly secondary coaches. I don't like that McNair said a head coaching change would set us back, yet he goes and gets a DC that will implement a new scheme on the defensive side. I don't like that McNair is one of the owners that is against the revenue sharing program and his stance on things really hurts the citys chance to get another superbowl. I don't like that if I keep rooting for this team it will feel like giving into apathy.

Mario needs to stay. One of the advantages offered by the 3-4 is the ability to hide where the pressure is coming from. Mario can be effective as both a OLB and DE on both sides of the ball. Wade has shown he can play to his players strengths. I hope we stop this dropping Mario into coverage nonsense. Mario is not Peppers, while they have similar builts and whathave you. Peppers is more fluid and aware thanks to his basketball days in college. Mario doesn't have that same type of awareness and becomes so much less effective. He's a disruptive force getting upfield that's where he should be. Plus if Marios traded what the hell am I gonna do about my sig. Also Wade doesn't play the traditional 2 gap 3-4, but a penetrating 1 gap attacking system, where Mario would still be effective.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Asomugha will be a free agent. If we dont make a move for him then I will be convinced that Rick Smith doesnt want to win. IMO Aso is the best CB in the league. Just the idea of him in a Texan jersey gets me super excited about next season.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

I think we're also going after Champ Bailey to play FS.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Don't you guys realize that Mario Williams is built almost exactly like Bruce Smith, who was a monster under Wade Phillips' 3-4 in the old Buffalo Bills teams of the 90s?

Mario will play 3-4 DE, and he will excel at it. There's no question about it. The only question is whether the Bills can find a suitable NT or not this offseason.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:24 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We screwed ourselves in the draft with the victory over the Jags. We could be about 5 spots higher and go after Peterson or Amukamara. Almost every team ahead of us needs defense and it seems like every player we could use will be gone by 11. I'm not that big of a Paea fan. I would be tempted to go Julio Jones if the top of the draft worked out like Scott's mock.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
We screwed ourselves in the draft with the victory over the Jags. We could be about 5 spots higher and go after Peterson or Amukamara. Almost every team ahead of us needs defense and it seems like every player we could use will be gone by 11. I'm not that big of a Paea fan. I would be tempted to go Julio Jones if the top of the draft worked out like Scott's mock.
I'm all for Juilo Jones. We only have 1 good reciever. Walter and Jacoby had really down years.

While watching the Packers game I was getting so pissed with all the Dom Capers talk. When he was here our D blew. I understand that we didnt have the guys he has now, but he made all these defensive picks while he was here.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:21 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
I'm all for Juilo Jones. We only have 1 good reciever. Walter and Jacoby had really down years.

While watching the Packers game I was getting so pissed with all the Dom Capers talk. When he was here our D blew. I understand that we didnt have the guys he has now, but he made all these defensive picks while he was here.
He's not a great motivator or "team manager." He's a really good strategist and good with x's and o's when that's what he's required to do. His fit is as a damn good D-Coordinator, not a head coach. The Dolphins had a top 5 defense when he went there after leaving Houston.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I'm ok with Brady winning OPOY but I'm not ok with Vick finishing ahead of Foster. Vick missed games. Foster played every game, only missed one half of a game from being benched and still ran for over 100 that game. I hate all of this love for a criminal.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as a huge auburn fan i wanna see how ben tate will recover from his injury. super excited for your guys' offense next year.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I know we picked up a LB coach, but has anyone heard if we have found a DB coach yet???
Old 02-17-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Shaun Rodgers wants to play for us. Wanted to see what y'all thought of him coming here.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
Shaun Rodgers wants to play for us. Wanted to see what y'all thought of him coming here.
He would certainly solve the who's going to play NT question. I would like us to bring him in. He's got the talent, the challenge is keeping him motivated. If we have another disappointing season he might start dogging it like he ended up doing in Cleveland.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all for picking up both Champ Bailey and Shaun Rogers, especially Rogers.

I really hope the Texans sign Rogers.

I like the Wade pickup as DC.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Wade already making moves. Cut E Wilson today, which i think is long over due. If we can land Aso or Champ, I wonder if moving Jackson or Quinn to FS would work. I think either of them would be a big upgrade over Wilson.

Bob Sanders was cut today, but I wouldnt take a chance on him unless we could get him super cheap and have a good back up for when he gets hurt.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:39 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What can you guys tell me about Demario Pressley? My impression is that he sucks and the Colts are wasting their time, am I wrong?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:48 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
What can you guys tell me about Demario Pressley? My impression is that he sucks and the Colts are wasting their time, am I wrong?
I honestly never heard of him till we cut him. He most of been a practice squad guy. If your a DT and cant play your way into getting game time on the Texans then you must blow. Maybe the Colts signed him to pick his brain about us.