Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 02-24-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
What can you guys tell me about Demario Pressley? My impression is that he sucks and the Colts are wasting their time, am I wrong?
He was a big time recruit out of high school for N.C. State and was in the whole Mario Williams, Manny Lawson, John McCargo hype. Character issues and he's too much of an idiot to put his talent to use.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today we resigned Ward, Cody, and OD. The OD deal suprised me cause I thought we would let him walk since Dressen and Casey looked really good last season.

With Tate coming back and Ward getting a new deal, I think it is a matter of time before Slaton is dropped.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:49 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we maybe looking at tampering charges with Mike Sims-Walker. What do you guys think about the possibility of him coming to Houston??
Old 03-09-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pollard is gone? Really? I am all about cutting spare weight. But Pollard? Surely there was someone on the team more worthy of being cut.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:36 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Pollard is gone? Really? I am all about cutting spare weight. But Pollard? Surely there was someone on the team more worthy of being cut.
He was up there with Jackson for the first place prize of not knowing what to do in coverage.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:40 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
I honestly never heard of him till we cut him. He most of been a practice squad guy. If your a DT and cant play your way into getting game time on the Texans then you must blow. Maybe the Colts signed him to pick his brain about us.
Well, Tramon Williams was on our practice squad and never made it on the field with our awful secondary and he turned into one of the top CB's this year.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
He was up there with Jackson for the first place prize of not knowing what to do in coverage.
At least he's a force against the run and a team leader on defense. But ya his coverage blows.

Heisman, where'd you see that he was released? He's still listed on the roster and depth chart of the team website.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
At least he's a force against the run and a team leader on defense. But ya his coverage blows.

Heisman, where'd you see that he was released? He's still listed on the roster and depth chart of the team website.
They told Pollard they are going to let him become a free agent and not resign him. The reason he is still on the roster is because he doesnt become a free agent till the new nfl year starts, and that will be on hold for a while.

Even though he plays the run well he was so awful in coverage, he needs to go.

This whole labor deal blows. Atleast I have season tickets to the Dynamo, and I know i wont have to worry about them fighting over money or holding out for bigger contracts, they play for the love of soccer.

Last edited by jjmt2500 : 03-12-2011 at 08:15 PM.
jjmt2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:12 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey if the league puts in replacement players and we win a fluke superbowl that would still be kind of cool.

So long as Shane Falco/Keanu Reeves is at the helm.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:05 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Hey if the league puts in replacement players and we win a fluke superbowl that would still be kind of cool.

We have to have Jamal and his brother as tackles as well. My favorite scene of the movie is when they stand up for Shane when he gets his car flipped over for the 2nd or 3rd time.

Danny Bateman is the director of the Iron Man movies.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Or if we join the team.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three weeks till draft day, and no one has anything to talk about?
Come on guys...

Old 04-06-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Come on guys...
I do not want Aldon Smith at 11.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Come on guys...
With no free agency there is really not a whole lot to talk about until the draft gets a little closer. Nothing came out of the hearing today that would suggest that this is going to end soon, bad time to be a football fan.

And I agree with America, i dont want Aldon Smith either.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I'm hoping for Prince or for us to trade down. I'm not a fan of Aldon Smith at all.

If we were to trade down and snag Brooks Reed and Phil Taylor I would be a happy camper.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:33 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I do not want Aldon Smith at 11.
I second that. I'm still hoping we can trade up and get Prince or Peterson. If we stay put and Prince didnt fall, then I would rather it be Julio Jones.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

The more I think about it, the more I am in favor of trading up for PP. I would hate to give up picks to trade up. But I think he is the best player in the draft. If he really falls to 5 or 6, it is worth trading up for.

I have been begging for another pass rusher for a while. I still want one. But if we had a chance at a guy like PP I think I would take it. Our pass rush needs to be addressed, and I won't argue that at all. However, I looked at a lot of statistics this week, and then I looked at our roster. I am not sure there is one quality corner on this team. I can not think of any team that would start our starting cornerbacks. PP might make a difference.

And with the depth in defensive line/linebackers this year, we might get someone in the second. If it costs only a third to move up and snag PP, might be the way to go. I know that no free agency sucks because we could address positions there, but based on what we have right now I think PP would benefit this team more than any other player in this draft. I would trade a third rounder for a chance at a shutdown corner. And he is probably the closest to a sure thing that there is.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I feel bad about complaining that no one was talking in the Texans fan forum. I just went to the Panthers forum and no one has posted since Mar 28. And many of their posts were from fans of other teams! They have the first pick in the draft, and none of their fans want to talk about the pick.

So I apologize for calling everyone out.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From DC and I am a Skins fan, but I just moved to H-Town last year. Watched all the Texans games pretty much and would like to see them do well.

The secondary was godawful, probably the worst I've ever seen. Also, their pass rush was worse than I expected it to be with Mario Williams.

To me it seems like it should be Prince or trade back and take the best pass rusher left.

Trading up for PP if he falls a bit isn't a bad idea either but I think the defense has a lot of holes and needs all the young talent they can get. I think it would cost more than a 3rd rounder to trade up to 5 to get him. If not, than that's probably something they can't pass up.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
From DC and I am a Skins fan, but I just moved to H-Town last year. Watched all the Texans games pretty much and would like to see them do well.

The secondary was godawful, probably the worst I've ever seen. Also, their pass rush was worse than I expected it to be with Mario Williams.

To me it seems like it should be Prince or trade back and take the best pass rusher left.

Trading up for PP if he falls a bit isn't a bad idea either but I think the defense has a lot of holes and needs all the young talent they can get. I think it would cost more than a 3rd rounder to trade up to 5 to get him. If not, than that's probably something they can't pass up.
CB and pass rusher are pretty much the only realistic options at our pick. I'm hoping Prince is there, cause if not, there are a ton of edge rushes with a lot of risk I could see us taking (Quinn, Smith, Kerrigan, etc.)

Congrats on the move to Houston. It's the greatest city in the world.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:56 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

PP is probably a pipe dream. We need a CB bad, but moving to a 3-4 we need several pieces. I would love to trade up for him, but it will cost too much.

I have to admit that I really don't know where to go. We need a NT. But we need a CB. And we need a safety. An OLB would be nice also. Safety should be crossed off at #11 due to value. There is probably not a NT there (I would love Fairley but he is not the perfect NT in a 34.) I am not in love with Prince at #11 because he doesn't make turnovers. And there are lots of choices for OLB, but I don't love any of them.

So what to do? Heck. I don't know for sure.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Hopefully we stick to our board and take BPA since we have so many needs.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

out of all of our needs i think im least worried about NT cause i am anxious to see what earl mitchell can do.

i think barwin is going to be a beast at the outside in the 34 but we have NO one for the other side and that worries me the most.

if we can get to the QB then we can get by with jackson and a free agent. so IMO a outside LB will help the most. Although if i was making the pick it would be Julio and i would just keep my fingers crossed that we could get defensive pieces in FA.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:11 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

OLB would be awesome. I have been calling for another pass rusher for a long time. But I just have not fallen in love with any that will be available at #11. I really don't know what to do this year.

In that situation, it may be smart to trade down. I have not fallen in love with anyone this year, with the exception being guys that will not be available.

I guess we trade down. That would be better than settling.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
OLB would be awesome. I have been calling for another pass rusher for a long time. But I just have not fallen in love with any that will be available at #11. I really don't know what to do this year.

In that situation, it may be smart to trade down. I have not fallen in love with anyone this year, with the exception being guys that will not be available.

I guess we trade down. That would be better than settling.
i agree about not being excited with anyone who will be there at 11. although i think Quinn could be a good risk. the only OLB im really excited about is Miller. if he were to fall a bit i wouldnt mind trading up for him. but i dont remember Smith and Kubs trading up.