Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 04-18-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think JJ Watt would be a good fit at #1? I guess Antonio Smith will be taking over the 5 technique though although it's up for grabs how well he would perform. He seems like the perfect character guy that the Texans always go after.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 04-28-2011 at 08:23 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a PP7 Texans jersey. Hopefully the Texans make it happen.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Do you guys think JJ Watt would be a good fit at #1? I guess Antonio Smith will be taking over the 5 technique though although it's up for grabs how well he would perform. He seems like the perfect character guy that the Texans always go after.
I'm not really a fan of taking a 34 end with our first pick. I think we really need to get a pass rusher or a corner back. We badly need players at those positions, but we can get buy with Antonio Smith and Shaun Cody/Jarvis Green at end. I don't know who's going to be playing outside besides Connor Barwin or who could possibly start at corner if Quinn goes to FS.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I'm not really a fan of taking a 34 end with our first pick. I think we really need to get a pass rusher or a corner back. We badly need players at those positions, but we can get buy with Antonio Smith and Shaun Cody/Jarvis Green at end. I don't know who's going to be playing outside besides Connor Barwin or who could possibly start at corner if Quinn goes to FS.
Hopefully when the lockout ends Kubs and Rick Smith will hop on a plane to where ever Aso is and offer him what ever he wants, even a ZJ. Then we wont have to worry about corner.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:13 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
I think I would prefer Watt over Aldon Smith. I just can't hop onto his bandwagon. We never trade up but for once I hope we make a move for Peterson. It's looking more and more like the Broncos will probably go with Darius so we could probably make a trade with Cincy, Arizona, or even SF if he makes it that far.

I think my list of picks would probably be Peterson, Amukamara, Julio Jones, JJ Watt, Robert Quinn, Aldon Smith, and then Cameron Jordan in that order.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what we'd have to give up to get Peterson. That would make my day.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
Hopefully when the lockout ends Kubs and Rick Smith will hop on a plane to where ever Aso is and offer him what ever he wants, even a ZJ. Then we wont have to worry about corner.
Not even Aso could be worth a ZJ? Do you realize how much those things cost??
Old 04-22-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not even Aso could be worth a ZJ? Do you realize how much those things cost??
If you have to ask you cant afford it. hahah

I just read that the Texans are not planning on resigning Vonte. If this is true its one of the dumbest things i have ever heard. This guy was a beast last season. This makes me soooo angry.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you have to ask you cant afford it. hahah

I just read that the Texans are not planning on resigning Vonte. If this is true its one of the dumbest things i have ever heard. This guy was a beast last season. This makes me soooo angry.
I would give Vonta whatever he wants in a negotiation because I'm scared to death of him. We need that angry man opening up holes.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
I wonder what we'd have to give up to get Peterson. That would make my day.
I would love that too. I am still crossing my fingers that I will be owning a PP7 Texans jersey after next weekend.

We better re-sign Vonta. That would be one of the dumbest moves we could do. He helped Arian look amazing quite a few times.

I hope in the later rounds that we draft DeMarcus Van Dyke so we can finally get rid of Jacoby Jones and have a guy that runs a 4.28 returning punts and kickoffs. Maybe with some coaching he can be a good CB as well. He seemed to under-achieve quite a bit at Miami which is probably why he will be a later round pick. Granted, if Trindon Holliday can get back to full form then we dont need him as much.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I would love that too. I am still crossing my fingers that I will be owning a PP7 Texans jersey after next weekend.

We better re-sign Vonta. That would be one of the dumbest moves we could do. He helped Arian look amazing quite a few times.

I hope in the later rounds that we draft DeMarcus Van Dyke so we can finally get rid of Jacoby Jones and have a guy that runs a 4.28 returning punts and kickoffs. Maybe with some coaching he can be a good CB as well. He seemed to under-achieve quite a bit at Miami which is probably why he will be a later round pick. Granted, if Trindon Holliday can get back to full form then we dont need him as much.
I like the Van Dyke pick. He spent his springs running track so maybe focusing on the game full time will help. If not, he could at least be an effective gunner on special teams.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't you know it? The draft is coming up and I destroy my left shoulder! Haven't been in the right mind to talk on the forum lately, because the gave me hydrocodone to take after my surgery. Now that my brain isn't constantly buzzed, I can only type with my right arm. So I haven't been able to type fast, making me not want to post much because one sentence is a commitment in time.

Anyway... I have found someone that I would like you guys to take a look at in the second. I think he will be there. I have wanted an OLB (or another pass rusher when we were still in the 4-3), but for one reason or another I couldn't fall in love with anyone that I think will be there at #11. Not that they weren't good prospects. I just couldn't make up my mind as they all had something against them that I couldn't overlook. Also, I would have a hard time seeing this team pass on Prince at #11, because our CB situation is as bad as any position on this team.

Now I may have found a fix for what I would like to see the Texicans do. If Prince is there (I don't think he will be, but for who I would like to take in the second we could trade up a little and still get this second player), we take Prince in the first and take Jaball Sheard in the second. I watched some stuff on him on a draft show on TV, then watched some of his game film on youtube. I really liked what I watched. Then I read where Scott said in his evaluation that Sheard's con's were he can play too aggressive and run himself out of plays and is soft vs. the run. Well, I think those are not horrible cons in Wade's defense. Wade WILL get an OLB in this draft. I am positive of that. He has to get one for his defense, and frankly his track record of drafting pass rushers is fairly good.

The CB's that will probably be left by our second pick would make me more nervous as starters in the NFL than Sheard would at OLB. I think Wade could make this guy a star.

I would love to have PP, but to trade up for him it will take a lot. I think PP is the best player overall. I bet someone else sees that too, and he will be gone in the top three. I would not be willing to trade up that far (if they did, I wouldn't be mad though.).

His triangle numbers are there, per his stats he plays behind the line of scrimmage (which I LOVE), and most of his con's on Scott's evaluation seem to not be too much of a detriment in Wade's defense.

It is hard to find impact players at 3-4 DE. Not impossible, but you are more likely to find a Marcus Spears than a stud. Plus, I think Williams will be a stud.

For those of you that are not familiar with Jabaal Sheard, look him up and tell me what you think.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Wouldn't you know it? The draft is coming up and I destroy my left shoulder! Haven't been in the right mind to talk on the forum lately, because the gave me hydrocodone to take after my surgery. Now that my brain isn't constantly buzzed, I can only type with my right arm. So I haven't been able to type fast, making me not want to post much because one sentence is a commitment in time.

Anyway... I have found someone that I would like you guys to take a look at in the second. I think he will be there. I have wanted an OLB (or another pass rusher when we were still in the 4-3), but for one reason or another I couldn't fall in love with anyone that I think will be there at #11. Not that they weren't good prospects. I just couldn't make up my mind as they all had something against them that I couldn't overlook. Also, I would have a hard time seeing this team pass on Prince at #11, because our CB situation is as bad as any position on this team.

Now I may have found a fix for what I would like to see the Texicans do. If Prince is there (I don't think he will be, but for who I would like to take in the second we could trade up a little and still get this second player), we take Prince in the first and take Jaball Sheard in the second. I watched some stuff on him on a draft show on TV, then watched some of his game film on youtube. I really liked what I watched. Then I read where Scott said in his evaluation that Sheard's con's were he can play too aggressive and run himself out of plays and is soft vs. the run. Well, I think those are not horrible cons in Wade's defense. Wade WILL get an OLB in this draft. I am positive of that. He has to get one for his defense, and frankly his track record of drafting pass rushers is fairly good.

The CB's that will probably be left by our second pick would make me more nervous as starters in the NFL than Sheard would at OLB. I think Wade could make this guy a star.

I would love to have PP, but to trade up for him it will take a lot. I think PP is the best player overall. I bet someone else sees that too, and he will be gone in the top three. I would not be willing to trade up that far (if they did, I wouldn't be mad though.).

His triangle numbers are there, per his stats he plays behind the line of scrimmage (which I LOVE), and most of his con's on Scott's evaluation seem to not be too much of a detriment in Wade's defense.

It is hard to find impact players at 3-4 DE. Not impossible, but you are more likely to find a Marcus Spears than a stud. Plus, I think Williams will be a stud.

For those of you that are not familiar with Jabaal Sheard, look him up and tell me what you think.
I like Sheard, he play real nasty like. I agree I think we need to go CB in the first round and address OLB in the second. Guys I really like for the spot include Sheard, Brooks Reed, and Justin Houston if one of the last two were to fall I would be very happy to get them.

Also I think we should take a NT at some point in the draft. I like Earl Mitchell more as a 3-4 end with his quickness and athleticism than at NT. A guy I like in the mid rounds is Jerrell Powe. So ideally I'm hoping we go CB, OLB, NT. We could also really use a safety. If we went defense with our first 4 picks I would be extremely happy.

Last edited by cunningham06 : 04-26-2011 at 12:29 AM.
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:49 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I have read that the Texans LOVE PP and would consider trading up if he fell a little.

Also read that the Texans are not high on Prince.

But you never know, this time of year almost everything that comes out is a lie.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:17 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gosh, I love PP! I am totally on board trading up for him. I just can't see him falling. I see all these mocks with him falling to 7 or whatever. I just don't see how he could! He seems like a once in 10 year prospect at corner.

I have seen people say he is susceptible to the double move. Maybe a little, but come on! It isn't like people burned him with it all the time.

I may be wrong, he may fall to 7. But I do not see the holes in his game that everyone else does. He isn't perfect, but I think he may be as close to perfect as you can get as a prospect out of college.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:22 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I've watched his Miami, ND and WVU film to take a lot at him and Greg Romeus. I'm sure those are the same ones you watched and I feel the same way about him. However, he's getting a lot of hype, late first round to the Jets or GB, early second to NE, etc. so I don't know if he'll even be there when we pick, but he looks like a great edge rusher. He's a prototypical 3-4 OLB in my opinion and is extremely tough. 2 important stories about him.

1) threw a guy through a window and pounded his face into the ground
2) saved an old lady from a burning house
Old 04-26-2011, 01:23 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Gosh, I love PP! I am totally on board trading up for him. I just can't see him falling. I see all these mocks with him falling to 7 or whatever. I just don't see how he could! He seems like a once in 10 year prospect at corner.

I have seen people say he is susceptible to the double move. Maybe a little, but come on! It isn't like people burned him with it all the time.

I may be wrong, he may fall to 7. But I do not see the holes in his game that everyone else does. He isn't perfect, but I think he may be as close to perfect as you can get as a prospect out of college.
Rick Smith needs to grow a pair and trade up with Cleveland.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've watched his Miami, ND and WVU film to take a lot at him and Greg Romeus. I'm sure those are the same ones you watched and I feel the same way about him. However, he's getting a lot of hype, late first round to the Jets or GB, early second to NE, etc. so I don't know if he'll even be there when we pick, but he looks like a great edge rusher. He's a prototypical 3-4 OLB in my opinion and is extremely tough. 2 important stories about him.

1) threw a guy through a window and pounded his face into the ground
2) saved an old lady from a burning house
For 1) I heard that he was trying to break up a fight in a bar, then some guy hit him over the head with a beer bottle, so Sheard had to toss a ***** through the window.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

When you get a chance, I just posted a mock draft on the mock draft forum. Go check it out and give me feedback, good or bad.

I tried to change it up since every mock seems almost the exact same. Now I am getting BLASTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Old 04-26-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:

One situation that might work is trading up with Cincy. If Carolina takes Newton then one of the top 2 WR's will still be available at 11. The other teams that may go WR would be the Browns, and Titans but I agree with Scott's mock analysis where he mentioned that the Browns used 2 high picks recently on WR's. Fairley seems like a perfect fit with the Titans so they may not go WR. Then Washington takes one of them and Cincy can still get the other one with our pick. Then we get Peterson and they get Julio Jones plus 2 extra picks based on the value chart. It would be a win win situation.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

John McClain is saying that the Texans WILL try to trade up to 2 to for Von Miller and if there trade offer is not accepted they will try to trade up to 5 for PP and if that offer is not taken then they will stay at 11 and take Aldon Smith. Supposedly they will try to work Okoye into the deal.

This is strange to see cause the Texans usually are not this aggressive, but McClain is right on most of the time.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be in favor BIG-TIME for a trade up for PP7, Von Miller, Dareus or Nick Fairley. I like all of those prospects A LOT.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also really hope that the Texans resign Vonta.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
John McClain is saying that the Texans WILL try to trade up to 2 to for Von Miller and if there trade offer is not accepted they will try to trade up to 5 for PP and if that offer is not taken then they will stay at 11 and take Aldon Smith. Supposedly they will try to work Okoye into the deal.

This is strange to see cause the Texans usually are not this aggressive, but McClain is right on most of the time.
I would rather have Peterson before Miller. Trading up to 2 is going to take a lot.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
I would rather have Peterson before Miller. Trading up to 2 is going to take a lot.
See I would rather have Miller. If we cant get to the QB then it doesnt matter who we have at corner.