Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 04-27-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am also in favor of trading up for a prime time player, but I think we could stay where we are and get something that will help. A prime player would be nice, though. I also see Kubiak trying to get an impact player, no matter what he has to trade. If he misses the playoffs again, he has to know that his job will most likely be gone. So I can believe the trade up scenarios.

What I don't understand is the trade involving Okoye. My understanding is that no players can be traded because of the lockout situation. I know the judge ruled the season must start immediately, but I am not sure that player movement starts immediately. If it does start immediately, I would think their would be free agents signing like crazy right now. I am going to look and see if players can be traded/signed and will post what I can come up with.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
See I would rather have Miller. If we cant get to the QB then it doesnt matter who we have at corner.
Patrick Peterson never tires, so the play could last 5 minutes and his WR still wont be open. :)
Old 04-28-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Patrick Peterson never tires, so the play could last 5 minutes and his WR still wont be open. :)
We may need that hahaha.

Trades can be made right now. Free agents maybe signed right now, but the owners are not going to allow any free agent signings.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:06 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta go with Patrick Peterson. I think lockdown corners are harder to come by than 3-4 OLBs.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What worries me is that we get stuck at 11 and take Aldon Smith. I have never seen him play but everyone talks about how good he is going to be years from now. We need someone who is going to be good now.

All day today everyone is saying Den will take Von at 2 and Ari will take PP at 5. I have a bad feeling about tonight.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What worries me is that we get stuck at 11 and take Aldon Smith. I have never seen him play but everyone talks about how good he is going to be years from now. We need someone who is going to be good now.

All day today everyone is saying Den will take Von at 2 and Ari will take PP at 5. I have a bad feeling about tonight.
I think Aldon is going to be a bust although so many people are high on him. I would rather have JJ Watt, Robert Quinn, or trade down and get Justin Houston instead. He is bigger and faster than Smith.

Still hoping for Peterson or Amukamara though.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Do you guys think JJ Watt would be a good fit at #1? I guess Antonio Smith will be taking over the 5 technique though although it's up for grabs how well he would perform. He seems like the perfect character guy that the Texans always go after.
I called it! Texans always go for "pretty boys." I knew they would pass on Fairley. I like the pick more than Aldon Smith. I was smiling when Smith got taken. I am just mad we passed on Prince.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

I just thought of something. Watt is a converted TE. The Texans are in love with TE's. You just can't make this stuff up. haha
Old 04-28-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I called it! Texans always go for "pretty boys." I knew they would pass on Fairley. I like the pick more than Aldon Smith. I was smiling when Smith got taken. I am just mad we passed on Prince.
Watt is a much better suited for the 3-4 than Fairley. He may not be flashy but he's going to give you everything he's got every down. Plus he's versitile and kick inside in 4-3 looks which gives you Mario and Smith at DE with Watt inside - 3 very good pass rushers in that situation.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not upset with the pick. Versatile players in the front seven, I cant say Im upset. Wonder how the rest of the draft will play out. I hope they bring in a veteran cb. Williams and Watts for the Wins!
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Watt is a much better suited for the 3-4 than Fairley. He may not be flashy but he's going to give you everything he's got every down. Plus he's versitile and kick inside in 4-3 looks which gives you Mario and Smith at DE with Watt inside - 3 very good pass rushers in that situation.
I agree with that. I am having to tell all my friends this that dont know too much, and are mad that we passed on Fairley. I would have taken Prince if it were me but if Prince was gone then I would go JJ Watt over the injury concerns of Quinn and Bowers and character of Fairley.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I dont understand, we have bigger needs. We have a crap load of money invested in the DE position with Mario and Antonio Smith. Are we going to drop Smith??? Quinn was right there.

Nothing against Watt, im sure he will be good, but we needed a OLB.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
I dont understand, we have bigger needs. We have a crap load of money invested in the DE position with Mario and Antonio Smith. Are we going to drop Smith??? Quinn was right there.

Nothing against Watt, im sure he will be good, but we needed a OLB.
They ran off after hearing of his brain surgery. The Texans seem to value character over anything else. I listened to Watt's interview at the combine and just knew the Texans would consider getting him.

I'm crossing my fingers for Brandon Harris now. Justin Houston wouldnt be bad either although with him testing positive for marijuana, I doubt the Texans will take him.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
They ran off after hearing of his brain surgery. The Texans seem to value character over anything else. I listened to Watt's interview at the combine and just knew the Texans would consider getting him.

I'm crossing my fingers for Brandon Harris now. Justin Houston wouldnt be bad either although with him testing positive for marijuana, I doubt the Texans will take him.
Yeah you were right on. This pick is totally Kubs and Smith. I have to believe that this wasnt Wade's choice.

I am already reading that the plan is to have him as a backup behind Smith. WTF!!! We need starters. When Kubs and Smith get fired after this season im going to laugh!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Watt pick. I didn't see it coming though.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
I like the Watt pick. I didn't see it coming though.
I would have liked it much more had Prince been off the board. That is the only concern I have with that pick. I would have ran the card to Roger with Prince's name on it if it were me.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a bad pick, preferred Prince but you cant go wrong with a studly lineman
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am with jjmt2500. I don't understand it. I hear that a guy has a great motor and I think that is a nice way of saying lack of talent.

Could we have not just traded for Adam Carriker? Seems like the same player to me. Now we can feel great about losing cause we have great character guys all over the field. Oh yea, we can't trade for him because there is a lockout.

Sorry to be so brash, but I wanted a play maker. Once again, I have to agree with jjmt2500. This does not seem like a Wade pick to me at all.

They can make it up though. Let Wade pick his guys.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:47 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Now we can pick my man Davon House tomorrow! :)
Old 04-29-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a very meh pick in my opinion, not too exciting but not horrible. If we had to go DE I would have preferred Cam Jordan, but that's just me. Hopefully we can address CB or OLB in the next round.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly thought that the Texans were going to take Fairley there.

The Watt pick caught me totally off guard.

I'm fine with Watt instead of Prince.

Aaron Williams or Brandon Harris in the 2nd would be cool (imo).

I would guess that the Texans NEED to go DB in the 2nd round.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

I would like to see Ayers fall in our laps.

Im not so worried about CB, i have a feeling that we will end up with Newman once free agency starts.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really thought we needed a pass rusher or corner. We have Mario and Antonio Smith who are more than adequate 5-techs, but who is going to play OLB besides Barwin, who's unproven and coming off injury. Who is going to play corner? Kareem Jackson and Bryce McCain? Quinn's playing safety. I usually think BPA is always the way to go, but we have so many holes on defense, I think Watt is a luxury pick and we can't afford it.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

I was guessing Brooks Reed or Brandon Harris with our 2nd pick so I wasnt surprised that Reed was the pick. Not taking Harris leaves open my Davon House pick! :)
Old 04-29-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was guessing Brooks Reed or Brandon Harris with our 2nd pick so I wasnt surprised that Reed was the pick. Not taking Harris leaves open my Davon House pick! :)
Funny looking back on this. I'm loving our second round. Best possible picks we could have made given our current situation. Brooks Reed is going to be a stud and I like Harris too.